HB Robinson

Above Average
3 (12.5%)
Average
10 (41.7%)
Below Average
11 (45.8%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: HB Robinson  (Read 44312 times)

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
Re: HB Robinson
« Reply #25 on: Aug 19, 2009, 03:29 »
Thank you CJ and "K" to ya!!!   

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #26 on: Jan 18, 2012, 11:28 »
Power Reactor Event Number: 47600
Facility: ROBINSON
Region: 2 State: SC
Unit: [2] [ ] [ ]
RX Type: [2] W-3-LP
NRC Notified By: JOSEPH TODD
HQ OPS Officer: STEVE SANDIN  Notification Date: 01/17/2012
Notification Time: 22:35 [ET]
Event Date: 01/17/2012
Event Time: 18:14 [EST]
Last Update Date: 01/17/2012 
Emergency Class: NON EMERGENCY
10 CFR Section:
50.72(b)(2)(i) - PLANT S/D REQD BY TS
 Person (Organization):
DEBORAH SEYMOUR (R2DO)

Unit SCRAM Code RX CRIT Initial PWR Initial RX Mode Current PWR Current RX Mode
2 N Y 85 Power Operation 85 Power Operation

Event Text

UNIT 2 COMMENCED A TECH SPEC REQUIRED SHUTDOWN AFTER DECLARING STATION BATTERY "B" INOPERABLE

"At approximately 1814 hours (EST) on January 17, 2012, H. B. Robinson Steam Electric Plant (HBRSEP), Unit No. 2, personnel confirmed that the Station Battery Performance Capacity Test (Five Year Interval), for station battery 'B' was not completed within its required periodicity plus grace period. Based upon this information, plant Operations personnel declared the 'B' battery inoperable and entered the required action for Improved Technical Specifications (ITS) 3.8.4, Condition 'A', which requires that the DC electrical power subsystem be restored to operable status in 2 hours. At 2014 hours (EST), Operations personnel entered the required action for ITS 3.8.4, Condition 'B' due to required actions and associated completion time for Condition 'A' not met. Condition 'B' requires the unit to be in Mode 3 within 6 hours AND be in Mode 5 within 36 hours.

This report is being made in accordance with 10 CFR 50.72(b)(2)(i) based on the initiation of a plant shutdown required by the Technical Specifications. Following the shutdown, the unit will commence a refueling outage that was originally scheduled to begin at 0000 hours (EST) on January 21, 2012."

The licensee informed the NRC Resident Inspector.

Looks like the party got started a bit early!

Anyone know who the manufacturer was on those batteries? I recall Exide having some issues a few years back...

Offline dea

• Light User
« Reply #27 on: Feb 25, 2012, 05:17 »
Theree may not be anything wrong with the battery, they just exceeded the surveillance interval and are required to consider it inop until they perform the surveillance.

Fermi2

« Reply #28 on: Feb 25, 2012, 07:06 »
Incorrect. They have 24 Hours or Up to the Surveillance interval whichever is longer provided they perform a risk assessment and take risk based contingent actions.

Offline dea

• Light User
« Reply #29 on: Feb 26, 2012, 09:19 »
Thanks for the clarification, it's been a few years.
 Are they using the Improved Standard Tech Specs?

Fermi2

« Reply #30 on: Feb 26, 2012, 09:25 »
I'm not sure but even plants that don't are getting that placed in their TS. Along with the "new and improved" TS 3.0.4.

I'm at a plant that uses Old Testament TS and we revised ours a few years ago to include those statements. I cannot wait till we convert to ITS.

Offline dea

• Light User
« Reply #31 on: Feb 26, 2012, 11:21 »
Anyway, my initial point was that there was nothing physically wrong with the battery, just that it had exceeded the surveillance interval.
Having reread the initial post I noted that they are using ITS.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #32 on: Nov 02, 2012, 09:08 »

FYI- from our newsletter

In October, an international computer hacker broke into the South Carolina Department of Revenue database and gained access to millions of state income tax returns dating back to 1998.
It included and included unencrypted social security numbers and credit and debit card numbers.

Taxpayers whose information has been compromised will receive a free year of identity protection service provided by Experian and paid for by the state. Anyone who filed a South Carolina tax return from 1998 onward should call 866.578.5422.

From the S. C. Dept. of Revenue website: http://www.sctax.org/NR/rdonlyres/E5A231EF-8A05-40FE-AA36-17453FF2C795/0/Urgent_New.pdf

South Carolina Residents Should take the following Simple
Steps before January 31st to protect themselves:
› Visit www.protectmyid.com/scdor
› Enter this enrollment code: SCDOR123
› Fill out the information requested
If you don’t have an internet connection,
just call 1-866-578-5422 to begin the enrollment process.

That will put you on the Experian site to sign up for one year of free credit monitoring.

For further information: http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,35558.msg167930/topicseen.html#new
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?