Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Savannah River Site (SRS) - Lodging honeypot

Author Topic: Savannah River Site (SRS) - Lodging  (Read 89406 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Savannah River Site (SRS) - Lodging
« on: Jan 28, 2003, 07:14 »
If anyone has lodging information for this facility, please post it here.

Tradewinds Mobile Home Park 
8 miles to south Aiken, SC 
1.5 miles to New Ellenton gate at SRS 
0.5 miles to propane dealer 
75.00 per month includes garbage disposal 
Manager: Marie Barnard 803-652-3813 

Nice 3 bedroom for around 600/month. 
Woodwinds Apartments 
100 Cody Lane, Aiken, SC 29803 
(803) 648-5451 

Check out longs mobile home park in beech island. he has small trailers for rent for long term, speak to Dennis he is the manager. but beware he is conservative so don't walk up there dressed like a biker. no offense to anyone. but it is a real nice and quite place. 

Longview Mobile Home Park has fairly nice rentals. It is located on Hwy. 125 a few miles from the Jackson gate. 803-827-1137
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2007, 10:09 by honeycomb »

alphaman

Re: Savannah River Site (SRS) - Lodging
« Reply #1 on: Aug 23, 2004, 11:50 »
I have a house located in New Ellenton, SC just a few miles from the main gate.  It is a 3 bedroom, 1 bath home with a large storage building in the backyard.  Gas heat and central air. $500/month with a $500 deposit.  House has washer and dryer connections.  Reply to alphaman.

wglewallen

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2005, 10:10 »
I am presently working in Barnwell, SC not a great deal is going on down there. Stay at the Kil-Kenny Apts for 430.00 a month does not include utilities.
You can contact the ALRIGHT REAL ESTATE AGENCY located in Barnwell , if you are interested.
                                                                                                                                            Gary

rcocharlie

« Reply #3 on: Jan 23, 2008, 03:24 »
Here's some stuff for ya to comb over

Outside the HWY 19 barricade going to Aiken you have....

Food:
HWY 19 New Ellenton barricade
Joe's Grill- Its a small bar with pretty good food. And you can see it from the gate
Carolina BBQ: Awesome barbecue... its about 3-4 miles outside the gate just as reach New Ellenton.
Dukes BBQ: My personal favorite.. awesome but its a little farther down 19 on the other side of New Ellenton

HWY 125/Jackson barricade
Pizza Stop: Pizza buffet... be careful you may need a nap after going to this place
Subway: nuff said
China One: its o.k.

I'll have to get back with ya on the lodging.

The rumors I'm hearing where I'm at, is that D&D is dissolved until the FLUOR takes over. The liquid waste and M&O contract has been split as most already know. In M&O none of our contract Hp's have been let go... that I know of, and I think the same is true in Liquid waste. Most house techs are worried abour benefits and that stuff. Personally, I don't care just give me overtime.

If you have a chance to come to the site...
I would tell you to go to the liquid waste side. Great place to work and lots of o.t.

If ya have any questions i'll do my best to answer.

Offline snowman

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 23, 2008, 05:57 »
Here's some stuff for ya to comb over

Outside the HWY 19 barricade going to Aiken you have....

Food:
HWY 19 New Ellenton barricade
Joe's Grill- Its a small bar with pretty good food. And you can see it from the gate
Carolina BBQ: Awesome barbecue... its about 3-4 miles outside the gate just as reach New Ellenton.
Dukes BBQ: My personal favorite.. awesome but its a little farther down 19 on the other side of New Ellenton

HWY 125/Jackson barricade
Pizza Stop: Pizza buffet... be careful you may need a nap after going to this place
Subway: nuff said
China One: its o.k.

You left out the best non-bar-b-que joint near the plant if it's still there, but I can't remember the name. You called 'em up and they would tell ya what's on the menu that day, and you would pick from that. Didn't like it, tough, call back tomorrow. It was on the right side of the road heading out of the plant on 125 just o/s the gate. Looked like a hole in the wall from the outside and once you were inside... it was a hole in the wall. But the food was awesome... enough to make a hound dog break his chain!

We left there almost 10 years ago and I still miss some of that cooking from that area. Don't miss too much other than that.

ldill

« Reply #5 on: Jun 19, 2008, 04:19 »
Staybridge Suites is opening in July 2008 and we are excited to open our doors to the community and the nuke wokers. The hotel brand is catered to the extended stay guest whether you are relocating for a job or taking a nice vacation we suggest for you to, "Get Comfortable" with us. Contact us at for further details:

Staybridge Suites
2540 Center West Pkwy
Augusta, GA 30909
(706) 733-0000 Office
staybridgesales@aol.com
www.staybridge/augustaga.com

Our 94 suites have a kitchens with full size frig, stovetop and microwave. Sundowner Receptions Tuesday thru Thursday, Hot Buffet Breakfast featuring Wolf Gang Puck Coffee, BBQ Pavilion, Guest Storage, Library, Guest Laundry, BridgeMart(R) 24-hr Convenience Store, E-Center for Copies/Faxes w/Supplies, Meeting & Boardrooms, 2,000 sq ft Putting Green, Fitness Center and a variety of suite options for you to choose. We are your home away from home so come by and ask me for a tour! My name is Lisa Dill and I am the Director of Sales, I look forward to meeting you. Once again the number to call is (706) 733-0000.

KKsPaPa

« Reply #6 on: Apr 03, 2009, 09:26 »
Hopefully will be headed to SRS in the very near future.  I am looking for an upscale apartment/condo situation in a clean secure neighborhood in Aiken.  Can anyone provide info?

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #7 on: Apr 04, 2009, 12:12 »
I will ask around.  I live in Augusta, but know plenty of friends who live in Aiken.

Offline Phurst

• NRRPT-HPT
  • Very Heavy User
  • One in a row!
« Reply #8 on: Apr 09, 2009, 04:59 »
Bump this one again. I may be looking there soon. Shhhhhh. Don't want my boss to know.
Today is the best day of my life! HSIITBS!

'For the quality of owning freezes you forever into "I" and cuts you off forever from the "we". - Steinbeck

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #9 on: Apr 09, 2009, 07:56 »
Hopefully will be headed to SRS in the very near future.  I am looking for an upscale apartment/condo situation in a clean secure neighborhood in Aiken.  Can anyone provide info?

Apartments will run you around 700 - 800 in Aiken for a 2 bedroom. Any of these are in good locations:

CHURCHHILL COMMONS 888-309-5523
BRITANY DOWNS 866-500-5620
STEEPLECHASE 866-568-7842
GATEWOOD 877-887-9058

You many want to check out these real estate offices in Barnwell,SC which is actually closer to the plant and possibly cheaper. We don't have a mall or movie theatre but its a nice place...

MAIN STREET REALTY 803-259-7653
SOUTHERN REALTY 803-259-1208

and in Williston

WHITTLE 803-266-7444

VILLA APARTMENTS 803-266-7002
VILLA MOTOR INN 803-266-7001

I may know of a couple houses or people who have rooms to rent, let me know if you are interested or if you have any more questions I can help you with.

Camella
« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2009, 08:01 by Camella Black »

fourgables

« Reply #10 on: Apr 16, 2009, 02:21 »
Four Gables Apartments

The apartments are located at 105-107 Smith Street in New Ellenton South Carolina, 3 miles from the Savannah River Site Main Gate .

The apartments are 1&2 bedroom furnished units for $375/month and includes water and garbage pickup service.  Electricity is not included.
Monthly leases are available at $415/month.  If you sign for a longer term lease after 2 months, the new lower monthly rate will be back dated to the date you first moved in.

Call 1-803-661-2204, email info@fourgablesapts.com or log on to http://www.fourgablesapts.com for more details.

Electricity is NOT provided. Electricity is provided by Aiken Electric Co-op. Contact information:
http://www.aikenco-op.org/
New Ellenton Office
PO BOX 411 / 319 Main St
New Ellenton, SC 29809
Phone: 803-652-2226
Fax: 803-652-3518

Phone, DSL and Cable service  are NOT provided and can be obtained with Atlantic Broadband Cable. Contact information:
http://www.atlanticbb.com/
Aiken SC Customer Care #: 888-301-8649
Main Regional Office: 520 East Pine Log Road Aiken SC 29803

« Last Edit: Jul 31, 2009, 06:46 by fourgables »

Offline namlive

• Moderate User
« Reply #11 on: Apr 16, 2009, 04:45 »
There is a trailer park across from Hardees in New Ellington, close to the plant. The owner likes to rent to Rad Con techs.
No one gets out alive.

heavymetal atom

« Reply #12 on: Apr 22, 2009, 10:31 »
A question for those of you in the know:

Is it cheaper to live in the Augusta area or the Aiken area?  I grew up in Aiken as a kid and my Dad worked at SRS, so I kind of assumed that I would live in Aiken if I end up down there.  However, my Dad tells me that Augusta may actually be a bit cheaper in terms of cost of living.  I'd be starting out in an apartment so obviously this won't have a huge financial effect until later on, but even so at this point in my career I'm all for saving as much as possible for future plans.  I know that both areas are nice so I'm very much open to either one.  Just curious if anyone has any insight to provide on this subject.  Thanks in advance.

-Tim

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #13 on: Apr 22, 2009, 01:37 »
Tim, from what I know it is usually cheaper to live in Augusta, it just depends upon the area you are looking at. I do know waiting lists can be long in the Aiken area due to USC Aiken. I don't know how far you want to drive, but there is a listing on the Vogtle thread for 2 bedrooms (it is actually a 2 bedroom trailer) that is 18 miles the other side of Augusta.

Also if you want to leave the bright lights and big city behind, I might know someone who has a 1 bedroom cabin for rent in the Barnwell area.

heavymetal atom

« Reply #14 on: Apr 22, 2009, 03:07 »
Tim, from what I know it is usually cheaper to live in Augusta, it just depends upon the area you are looking at. I do know waiting lists can be long in the Aiken area due to USC Aiken. I don't know how far you want to drive, but there is a listing on the Vogtle thread for 2 bedrooms (it is actually a 2 bedroom trailer) that is 18 miles the other side of Augusta.

Also if you want to leave the bright lights and big city behind, I might know someone who has a 1 bedroom cabin for rent in the Barnwell area.

Thanks for the excellent information!  I'm definitely going to look into the different options which you mentioned.

-Tim

Dick912

« Reply #15 on: Apr 29, 2009, 01:31 »
I will be starting at SRS on Monday, May 4.  I am looking for a 1 bedroom efficiency as close to the Site as possible.  I don't need anything fancy just clean and in a safe area.  Can anyone advise?  Thanks.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #16 on: Apr 29, 2009, 05:50 »
Have you called the Villa Motor Inn in Williston. It is just a couple minutes from the baracade on hwy 278. They have a 2 bedroom apt, furnished for 500.00 per month. Call 803-266-7002.

Offline namlive

• Moderate User
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2009, 08:02 »
There are 4 rent signs all over the area. Unemployment is double digit. The paper is full of places. I would also try Craig's List. Not hard to find a place.
No one gets out alive.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2009, 12:04 »
I know of several houses in the Barnwell, SC area that are for rent. Anyone needing a place just pm me and I'd be glad to help you out.

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2009, 08:49 »
Thanks Camella!  I'll keep that in mind if the recruiters ever call me back for a position.. LOL

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2009, 10:02 »
Thanks Camella!  I'll keep that in mind if the recruiters ever call me back for a position.. LOL

Lorrie, have you talked to VAS? Henry can put a word in for you if you are interested.

Dick912

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2009, 08:16 »
I have looked at the apartments in New Ellenton.  I am leaning more towards one of the apartments in Aiken, off of Whiskey Rd.  They don't have any 1-BR available.  I only need a place for Sunday through Wednesday nights as I will leave after work on Thursday to go back home for the weekends (live in Chapin on Lake Murray).  I was hoping that someone had a mother-in-law type apartment or cottage on their property that they would like to rent out.  It's amazing how quickly everything is filling up.  Right now, I am staying at a motel on Whiskey.  So sure would appreciate anyone's assistance.  Really wasn't interested in a mobile home because my wife thinks they are tornado magnets.  Thanks.  Dick

Offline namlive

• Moderate User
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2009, 06:38 »
I have looked at the apartments in New Ellenton.  I am leaning more towards one of the apartments in Aiken, off of Whiskey Rd.  They don't have any 1-BR available.  I only need a place for Sunday through Wednesday nights as I will leave after work on Thursday to go back home for the weekends (live in Chapin on Lake Murray).  I was hoping that someone had a mother-in-law type apartment or cottage on their property that they would like to rent out.  It's amazing how quickly everything is filling up.  Right now, I am staying at a motel on Whiskey.  So sure would appreciate anyone's assistance.  Really wasn't interested in a mobile home because my wife thinks they are tornado magnets.  Thanks.  Dick

If you take a ride down 278 toward Beech Island you can see what the latest F3 did to that road. It looks like all homes were hit, no trailers.
No one gets out alive.

hazeleyes347

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2009, 02:30 »
Lodging For: Savannah River Site & MOX Project
Property: Villa Motor Inn Townhouse Apartments
Plant/Facility: Savannah River Site - Aiken South Carolina
Address: 13850 Church Street (Highway 78)
City: Williston
State: SC
Zip: 29853
Phone: 803-266-7001   
Description: Spacious 2&3 Bedroom Townhouse Apartments And Motel Rooms Available. Restaurants Conveniently Located. Located 17 Miles/15 Minutes From Savannah River Plant Gate And MOX Project. Scenic Route. Zero Morning And Afternoon Site Traffic. For The Absolute Best Rates In The CSRA, Please Mention This Website!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 10:03 by hazeleyes347 »

Offline billhudson

• Light User
  • QC Inspector
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2009, 07:54 »
Does any one have any info on the Savannah Suites Augusta?   I am looking for a cheap place to stay that is furnished and has internet access.    In the past I have rented rooms but had to have a phone installed just to  hook my computer up so I could check my email.    Thanks for any help
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 08:13 by billhudson »

BetaAnt

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2009, 11:04 »
Savannah Suites is near the Augusta Mall, and a stones throw from I-520. Not a great neighborHOOD. If you plan on staying a while, look in the Augusta Chronicle or Aiken Standard for apartments. Stay off the Gordon Hwy and out of South Augusta. Williston looks good, just isolated. The problem with getting an apartment is no free internet. The problem with a lot of the hotels in the area is the Masters Week rate hike (X2 or X3 rates). There are a couple of hotels in the area and I will chek them out for a post this weekend. GOOD LUCK

hazeleyes347

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2009, 12:09 »
05-26-09 (RESPONSE TO BILL HUDSON3 POSTING)

Check with Audrey Statham at the Villa Motor Inn Apartments & Motel Rooms in Williston, SC  (803-266-7001) .  I think you will find the amenities in which you are looking. I am an engineering consultant working in Aiken and Columbia.  I have been
living at the Villa Motor for the past 10 years.  The Villia Motor is about 15 miles and 15 Minutes from the site - NO TRAFFIC!

-Allen-

james48103

ROOMMATE WANTED, off of 19 (Whiskey Road) AIKEN, SC
« Reply #27 on: Jun 21, 2009, 05:47 »
I currently have a 2 bedroom, 2 full bath apartment in Aiken, SC, walking distance of restaurants, the mall, and grocery stores.  In addition, it is located within 15 minutes of the SRS Site.  I fly home every weekend, so therefore, I am only at the apartment 4 days per week.

I am looking for 1-2 people to share costs.  Prices will be negotiable for rent and bills, depending on the responses I receive.  Please contact me at (517) 262-2283.  Thank you.

Jim

gresee1022

« Reply #28 on: Jun 30, 2009, 06:59 »
Does anyone know of any good places to rent from.  My family and I are moving in from NY to work at SRS and we need atleast a 3 bedroom apartment or house that is between 600-875 that excepts pets.  We have two small dogs we want to bring with us.  We have checked craigslist and a few other sites but I'm not sure who is a real renter company and who isnt.  Thanks

Offline namlive

• Moderate User
« Reply #29 on: Jul 01, 2009, 07:15 »
Get a copy of the Aiken Standard. They have a page of apartment rentals. I did see one that claimed they accepted pets in Beech Island. You also might want to consider renting a trailer, they don't care about pets.
No one gets out alive.

Offline guppy

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #30 on: Jul 01, 2009, 05:39 »
Value Place
2995 Riverwatch Parkway (I-20, Exit 200)
Augusta, GA
706-733-4456

Rates are $179/week (about $208 with taxes)
Efficiency units with full size fridge, 2 burner stove, microwave, cable TV, newer units, laundry on site, no pool.

about 25 miles to Jackson gate
Keep honking.  I'm reloading.

Offline rebel45

• Very Lite User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #31 on: Jul 05, 2009, 01:55 »
Does anyone know anything about the four gables apartments in New Ellenton?? My email is in my profile if you want the info to be kept off the forum board.
Thanks
Earl

mslil

« Reply #32 on: Jul 05, 2009, 04:19 »
I have a room for rent in Sweetwater Country Club  Barnwell, SC.  $500.00 per month includes utilities. Available now.

Call toll free 888-647-7545

Offline guppy

• Light User
« Reply #33 on: Jul 07, 2009, 06:59 »
Hello.  I've been at SRS for two weeks and should be here a year or two.  I've looked at a bunch of places but would like to find something on the south side of Aiken.  I would like to share a house with someone that already has a place.  I prefer to have a furnished bedroom with it's own bathroom (i.e., I don't want to share a bathroom).  I'm a QA Engineer that doesn't drink or smoke.  I can move in after August 3.  Thanks.
Keep honking.  I'm reloading.

moochiebubble

« Reply #34 on: Aug 14, 2009, 03:52 »
Guppy ( et al ) avoid the Fairway Ridge Apartments like the Plague... They come with complimentary roaches and have very clever ways to get out of the $200 finders fee... v/r moochiebubble

Offline aubergine63

• Light User
« Reply #35 on: Aug 16, 2009, 06:35 »
Be careful who you rent from here.  I am a local and live in Augusta.  Look at anything you rent CAREFULLY and do check the utility bills (they'll tell you if you call the companies). The utility bills can nearly equal your rent because of the extreme and unpredictable weather here.   One truly poor management co. in GA is Haltermann Properties, I speak from experience.  Consider yourself warned. 
Downtown Augusta is only 20 miles/40 minutes from MY work area onsite and is much more interesting than living in Aiken.  Much goood things to do downtown with the arts, museums, theatre, cool shops, events, etc.  I've lived down here 3 years and would gladly offer what I know if you consider living down here. 
Aiken is best for the family life,  although Aiken county schools are questionable.  I was a test subject of their public school system but rose above.
Beech Island is a dive.  Drive through it once,  you'll see.  Remember, you have to live their for a year.....
Best to all.......
Relax.

Offline Hraesvelg

• Light User
« Reply #36 on: Aug 16, 2009, 01:25 »
Although it might be too far for some I should have a room available at my house in north west Columbia, SC soon. $375 a month everything but food included. Shared bathroom with one female.

Internet, cable, private pool, furniture, bed, etc...

bmart1

« Reply #37 on: Oct 18, 2009, 09:45 »
If anyone has lodging information for this facility, please post it here.

Tradewinds Mobile Home Park 
8 miles to south Aiken, SC 
1.5 miles to New Ellenton gate at SRS 
0.5 miles to propane dealer 
75.00 per month includes garbage disposal 
Manager: Marie Barnard 803-652-3813 

Nice 3 bedroom for around 600/month. 
Woodwinds Apartments 
100 Cody Lane, Aiken, SC 29803 
(803) 648-5451 

Check out longs mobile home park in beech island. he has small trailers for rent for long term, speak to Dennis he is the manager. but beware he is conservative so don't walk up there dressed like a biker. no offense to anyone. but it is a real nice and quite place. 

Longview Mobile Home Park has fairly nice rentals. It is located on Hwy. 125 a few miles from the Jackson gate. 803-827-1137

Offline makua13

• Light User
  • Live Aloha
« Reply #38 on: Oct 18, 2009, 10:45 »
Does anyone have any insight on RV Parks in the area?  Looking for a recommendation.
Live Aloha

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #39 on: Oct 19, 2009, 08:12 »
I know of one on Wrightsboro Rd in Augusta that seems to be run pretty well, its just across from grade school and I know the cops patrol the area very regularly (tickets prove that), and I think there is one in Jackson just outside the gate could be wrong about that one though.  As far as pricing Im not sure.  ???

milo124

« Reply #40 on: Oct 19, 2009, 09:41 »
Try this one in New Ellenton.  I stayed there many moons ago so I'm not sure how it is now, but it was really nice then.

Crossroads RV Park
823 Meeting Pl, Aiken, SC 29803 (803) 642-5702

Offline skirat201

• Very Lite User
« Reply #41 on: Nov 03, 2009, 08:06 »
A little help here.
Will be coming down to SRS mid November, and I am not familiar with the area at all. I would like to find a newer clean cozy 1 br furnished apartment possibly located in North Augusta area. I really don't want to spend more than $500 per month as a matter of fact I don't want to even spend that much to be honest. I am a single female and would appreciate a safe clean neighborhood close to shopping and restaurants that would contribute to me feeling safe coming and going from the apartment in the evening.
Not overly crazy about country living and being out in the middle of noplace alone, so that is out.
Appreciation and thanks for any suggestions you seasoned SRSers have.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #42 on: Nov 03, 2009, 11:04 »
A little help here.
Will be coming down to SRS mid November, and I am not familiar with the area at all. I would like to find a newer clean cozy 1 br furnished apartment possibly located in North Augusta area. I really don't want to spend more than $500 per month as a matter of fact I don't want to even spend that much to be honest. I am a single female and would appreciate a safe clean neighborhood close to shopping and restaurants that would contribute to me feeling safe coming and going from the apartment in the evening.
Not overly crazy about country living and being out in the middle of noplace alone, so that is out.
Appreciation and thanks for any suggestions you seasoned SRSers have.

My suggestion is to look quickly for a room-mate as apartments in this area start at/above 500.00 per month and that is non-furnished.  In the Aiken area, pretty much all of the apartments are in a nice area, I would suggest Greenbriar, Brittany Downs, or Steeplechase.

Good luck and welcome to the CSRA (central savannah river area).

gludwig

« Reply #43 on: Dec 09, 2009, 04:13 »
The Days Inn Downtown would love to provide your accommodation needs. We offer clean, comfortable,  and affordable rooms. All of our rooms have fridge, microwave, 25 inch TVs and cable. We also offer a free deluxe continental breakfast and free WIFI. We are within walking distance to downtown Aiken and all it has to offer such as shopping and fine dining. So give us a call at 803-649-5524 and mention that you are working at the Savannah River Site and ask about our special rates. And you can check us out on-line at DaysInn.com to view photos. We hope you to hear from you soon.

Gina Ludwig
Days Inn Downtown
1204 Richland Ave W
Aiken, SC 29801
803-649-5524

moochiebubble

« Reply #44 on: Jun 03, 2010, 12:32 »
Avoid Veranda's on the Green ... Like the Plague ... moochiebubble .... Avoid The Plantation for that matter ....

Offline Fixin2

• Very Lite User
« Reply #45 on: Feb 09, 2011, 04:34 »
I would recommend against Steeplechase Apartments in Aiken. I signed a lease and moved in and spent a bunch of money getting out of the lease when the shooting (literally) began.

Offline techtoolong

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #46 on: Feb 10, 2011, 09:39 »
Ditto on do not rent at The Steeplechase.  I rented there a few years back and they came up with a huge list of the problems with the apartment that where all there when I moved in.

X-radcon30

« Reply #47 on: Mar 31, 2011, 11:28 »
Im going to be heading down that way on the 11th of april, just looking around on here to see were to hang my hat up for hopfully more than a day.(Have to get passed the test first). Lots of good info on here Im just going to have to go down and check it out.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #48 on: Apr 01, 2011, 12:23 »
sleep inn on whiskey is the closest and best for your $$$$.  there are a couple others that are a little better but usually more $$$$.  masters are ending when you get here so it may be a little crowded but I THINK you will be ok.  Be prepared to pay a little more than normal but it should drop quickly for the next day.  Just tell them you are going to another motel and they should lower it quite a bit.  Like to somewhere around 60 a night.  You can get cheaper, super 8 is ok and close, cheaper hotels near downtown are further away and kinda crappy....

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #49 on: Apr 01, 2011, 02:26 »
I know a couple of people who have houses to rent here in Barnwell. PM me if you are interested and I'll give you information. There are also a couple of hotels this side of plant as well. Of course we are a small town but we have the basics... booze, food, church and a wally world.

Offline cdorris44

• Very Lite User
« Reply #50 on: Apr 01, 2011, 07:09 »
I had an apartment at Trotter's Run. Very nice and accommodating. Spend as much as possible because you will not profit off the per diem. The cost of my apartment was $670.00 a month and that was only $22.00 a day. The company will only pay the expense you incur(rent and utilities---$54.00) plus $20.00 a day for meals. Good Luck

Offline gravy58

• Light User
« Reply #51 on: Apr 01, 2011, 07:53 »
Good luck with perdium, the River is the last place in the country to depend on that.
As far as places to stay, look around the neighbor hoods in Aiken or Barnwell, you can rent a house as cheap or cheaper than the apartments in Aiken. Most owners won't give you a problem with a lease, if you tell them up front what your job situation is.

Offline namlive

• Moderate User
« Reply #52 on: Apr 01, 2011, 05:58 »
Now if I was getting up to $81 a day per diem and had to show receipts, I would use all of it...and maybe then some. Consider the Hilton Hotel, located within walking distance to the only mall, Publix food store and numerous fine food establishments and a sports bar. That would be my home for 30 days while I looked through the papers. And it is about as close to the plant as you need to be. I'm just saying...
No one gets out alive.

X-radcon30

« Reply #53 on: Apr 03, 2011, 11:31 »
That depends if I have to spend 81 a day, If not then it will be the cheapest I can find... I'm in for the money!!!!

cedugger

« Reply #54 on: Apr 05, 2011, 06:30 »
The new contracts are paying actuals on lodging expenses...so if you spend $50, you only get reimbursed $50. Anything you find along Whiskey (Hwy. 19) on the south side of Aiken will get you to the gate within 15-20 minutes. The only hotel I can comment on is the DaysInn Downtown. May cost you $60-$65/night (plus tax). The rooms are okay...fridge, microwave, wireless internet.

Daro

Four bedroom, 2,274-sq-ft house on lake, nine miles from the Savannah River Site.  On 2.27 acre wooded lot.  Very quiet.  Great fishing.  For rent, $1,700/month.  If interested send message to ferrarad4@aol.com.  For pictures and more information go to http://www.sothebysrealty.com/eng/sales/detail/10-l-588-4328411/front-view-aiken-sc-29803.

fourgablesapts

The apartments are located at 105-107 Smith Avenue, in New Ellenton South Carolina, 3 miles from the Savannah River Site Main Gate.

The apartments are 1 bedroom furnished apartments and includes water and garbage pickup service. Electricity is not included.

Annual leases at $375/month. Monthly leases are available at $415/month.

Call 1-803-661-2204, or log on to http://www.fourgablesapts.com for more details.
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2011, 12:37 by fourgablesapts »

SCMasterchef

« Reply #57 on: Dec 09, 2011, 11:36 »
If you don't mind a little more of a drive, the Haven at Market Street Station apartments near the USC Aiken campus are very nice.  One bedrooms run in the $800-900 randge with mostly all new or relatively new appliances and are absolutely beautifully maintained.  The big thing is "no bugs" if they turn up the staff will make them go away, no questions asked.  There are very few places apartments or rental homes that can make that claim.  The staff is great, the maintenance is excellent, work out room, hot tub, Direct TV receivers are on the roof of the buildings and wired directly into the apartments so hookups are easy with no issues.  I lived there for over a year and had no complaints.  Drive is easy.

jhoward

« Reply #58 on: Mar 05, 2012, 02:15 »
Greetings,

Holiday Inn Gordon Hwy
2155 Gordon Hwy Rate of $79-83 per night including full hot breakfast buffet,shuttle service,on site restaurant and lounge

We can offer accommodations for this site at the Holiday Inn Gordon Hwy,we offer per diem of $83 as well as extra discounts for extended stays over 30 days,please contact me directly for these offers 706-737-2323 Jamie Howard

www.holidayinn.com/augusta-gordon

jhoward

« Reply #59 on: Aug 07, 2012, 09:52 »
Greetings,

Holiday Inn Gordon Hwy
2155 Gordon Hwy Rate from $69 per night including full hot breakfast buffet,shuttle service,on site restaurant and lounge

We can offer accommodations for this site at the Holiday Inn Gordon Hwy,we offer per diem of $83 as well as extra discounts for extended stays over 30 days,please contact me directly for these offers 706-737-2323 Jamie Howard

www.holidayinn.com/augusta-gordon

Offline SelectHousing

• Very Lite User
« Reply #60 on: Jan 31, 2013, 06:11 »
Select Corporate Housing (based in Augusta GA) offer short term all-inclusive turn key apartments in Aiken, Graniteville, North Augusta, and Augusta.  Our apartments are fully furnished with premium furniture and can be rented month to month.  Our 1 bedroom apartments are around $70 / day.  Our 2 bedroom apartments are around $77 / day. Our 3 bedroom apartments are around $95 / day.  Call me at 800.896.7290 or email Scott@SelectCorporateHousing.com to request a customized no obligation quote.  I also invite you to visit our website at www.SelectCorporateHousing.co m for more information on our services and furnished apartments.

Offline Haven Market Street

• Lurker
« Reply #61 on: Mar 12, 2013, 02:12 »
The Haven at Market Street is at the top of Aiken's luxury apartment communities and offers weekly, monthly, yearly options for both furnished and unfurnished homes.  Convenient to Augusta, downtown Aiken, I-20, and shopping/dining, you have all you need to wind down after a long day's work.  The Haven offers maintenance free living and a staff eager to make your stay here an enjoyable one.  With first class living starting at $715 per month, The Haven offers spacious one bed/bath, one bed/bath with private study, two bed/two bath, and three bed/two bath.  Let us welcome you home to your Haven! ***DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE***

Check us out and apply online at www.havenmarketstreet.com

8034 MacBean Loop
Aiken, SC 29801
(803) 641-3111

jhoward

Holiday Inn Gordon Hwy Augusta
« Reply #62 on: Sep 24, 2013, 08:35 »
Discount outage rates for Vogtle and Savannah River site call Jamie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jamie at 706-737-2323

4Gables

1BR & 2BR Furn Apts, 3 miles from SRS Main Gate $375/month
« Reply #63 on: Nov 11, 2013, 01:00 »
Four Gables Apartments

The apartments are located at 105-107 Smith Avenue in New Ellenton, South Carolina, 3 miles from the Savannah River Site Main Gate.

The apartments are 1&2 bedroom furnished units for $375/month and includes water and garbage pickup service.  Electricity is not included. Monthly leases are available at $415/month. 

Call 1-803-661-2204, email help@4gables.org or log on to http://www.4gables.org for more details.

4GableApts

Furn Apt 3 Mi. from SRS Main Gate
« Reply #64 on: May 10, 2017, 10:43 »
The apartment is located in New Ellenton South Carolina, 3 miles from the Savannah River Site Main Gate.
The apartment is a 1 bedroom furnished apartment and includes water and garbage pickup service. Electricity is not included.

Annual lease is $375 month. Monthly leases are available at $415/month. Call 1-803-507-4582 for more details.

Offline mlunn

• Lurker
Re: Savannah River Site (SRS) - Lodging Available Now
« Reply #65 on: Oct 15, 2018, 03:40 »
Brick ranch with 1-acre yard and large kitchen in downtown New Ellenton, SC across street from grocery store, Dollar Store, pharmacy and close to library, police station, and other conveniences. Amenities include outdoor, screened-in additional kitchen, firepit and large storage building/workshop. 1600 square feet. Deck and sunroom. 2 bedrooms; 1 and a half baths. Large closets. Washer and dryer. Dishwasher. Carport. Central air and heat. Cable-ready. Set far back from road. Within 5 miles of SRS's New Ellenton gate. Pets negotiable. Available now. $925 plus utilities which run ~$100/month or less. Call Martin 803 507 2613.

Offline 4gablesapts

• Lurker
Re: 1BR Furn Apts 3 miles from SRS
« Reply #66 on: Jul 11, 2019, 09:59 »

Located in New Ellenton, SC, 3 miles from the Savannah River Site Main Gate. Furnished 1 Bedroom Apartments, utilities included, except for electricity.

Monthly rental available at $415/month. Annual lease available for $375/month.

Contact us for more information at  (803) 998.0136.

Offline Lisa Whitcomb

• Lurker
« Reply #67 on: Mar 26, 2020, 07:21 »
I have a two bedroom 1.5 bath house for rent on a horse farm in Windsor, SC starting mid April. The farm is very quiet and secluded - great place to relax after work and days off. Its about 20 minutes from the SRS Whiskey road entrance and about 25 minutes to the badge office. I'm a Federal employee and have worked from the Site before. The house is $1200 a month which includes electric - AC and heat. There's also a one car garage workshop downstairs. It's listed on Zillow.

I'm also renting out the upstairs of my farm house - one bedroom with two twin beds and another bedroom set up as a living room. Shared kitchen. Office space with desk and two monitors upstairs. Huge screened in porch for relaxing .

Horse boarding also available. Pets OK with deposit

Lisa Whitcomb 414-477-9419

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?