Facility & Company Information > Savannah River

Savannah River Site (SRS) - Lodging

(1/14) > >>

Rennhack:
If anyone has lodging information for this facility, please post it here.

Tradewinds Mobile Home Park 
8 miles to south Aiken, SC 
1.5 miles to New Ellenton gate at SRS 
0.5 miles to propane dealer 
75.00 per month includes garbage disposal 
Manager: Marie Barnard 803-652-3813 

Nice 3 bedroom for around 600/month. 
Woodwinds Apartments 
100 Cody Lane, Aiken, SC 29803 
(803) 648-5451 

Check out longs mobile home park in beech island. he has small trailers for rent for long term, speak to Dennis he is the manager. but beware he is conservative so don't walk up there dressed like a biker. no offense to anyone. but it is a real nice and quite place. 

Longview Mobile Home Park has fairly nice rentals. It is located on Hwy. 125 a few miles from the Jackson gate. 803-827-1137

alphaman:
I have a house located in New Ellenton, SC just a few miles from the main gate.  It is a 3 bedroom, 1 bath home with a large storage building in the backyard.  Gas heat and central air. $500/month with a $500 deposit.  House has washer and dryer connections.  Reply to alphaman.

wglewallen:
I am presently working in Barnwell, SC not a great deal is going on down there. Stay at the Kil-Kenny Apts for 430.00 a month does not include utilities.
You can contact the ALRIGHT REAL ESTATE AGENCY located in Barnwell , if you are interested.
                                                                                                                                            Gary

rcocharlie:
Here's some stuff for ya to comb over

Outside the HWY 19 barricade going to Aiken you have....

Food:
HWY 19 New Ellenton barricade
Joe's Grill- Its a small bar with pretty good food. And you can see it from the gate
Carolina BBQ: Awesome barbecue... its about 3-4 miles outside the gate just as reach New Ellenton.
Dukes BBQ: My personal favorite.. awesome but its a little farther down 19 on the other side of New Ellenton

HWY 125/Jackson barricade
Pizza Stop: Pizza buffet... be careful you may need a nap after going to this place
Subway: nuff said
China One: its o.k.

I'll have to get back with ya on the lodging.

The rumors I'm hearing where I'm at, is that D&D is dissolved until the FLUOR takes over. The liquid waste and M&O contract has been split as most already know. In M&O none of our contract Hp's have been let go... that I know of, and I think the same is true in Liquid waste. Most house techs are worried abour benefits and that stuff. Personally, I don't care just give me overtime.

If you have a chance to come to the site...
I would tell you to go to the liquid waste side. Great place to work and lots of o.t.

If ya have any questions i'll do my best to answer.

snowman:

--- Quote from: rcocharlie on Jan 23, 2008, 03:24 ---Here's some stuff for ya to comb over

Outside the HWY 19 barricade going to Aiken you have....

Food:
HWY 19 New Ellenton barricade
Joe's Grill- Its a small bar with pretty good food. And you can see it from the gate
Carolina BBQ: Awesome barbecue... its about 3-4 miles outside the gate just as reach New Ellenton.
Dukes BBQ: My personal favorite.. awesome but its a little farther down 19 on the other side of New Ellenton

HWY 125/Jackson barricade
Pizza Stop: Pizza buffet... be careful you may need a nap after going to this place
Subway: nuff said
China One: its o.k.

--- End quote ---
You left out the best non-bar-b-que joint near the plant if it's still there, but I can't remember the name. You called 'em up and they would tell ya what's on the menu that day, and you would pick from that. Didn't like it, tough, call back tomorrow. It was on the right side of the road heading out of the plant on 125 just o/s the gate. Looked like a hole in the wall from the outside and once you were inside... it was a hole in the wall. But the food was awesome... enough to make a hound dog break his chain!

We left there almost 10 years ago and I still miss some of that cooking from that area. Don't miss too much other than that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version