Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Savannah River Site (SRS) - Lodging  

Author Topic: Savannah River Site (SRS) - Lodging  (Read 89416 times)

BetaAnt

Re: Savannah River Site (SRS) - Lodging
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2009, 11:04 »
Savannah Suites is near the Augusta Mall, and a stones throw from I-520. Not a great neighborHOOD. If you plan on staying a while, look in the Augusta Chronicle or Aiken Standard for apartments. Stay off the Gordon Hwy and out of South Augusta. Williston looks good, just isolated. The problem with getting an apartment is no free internet. The problem with a lot of the hotels in the area is the Masters Week rate hike (X2 or X3 rates). There are a couple of hotels in the area and I will chek them out for a post this weekend. GOOD LUCK

hazeleyes347

« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2009, 12:09 »
05-26-09 (RESPONSE TO BILL HUDSON3 POSTING)

Check with Audrey Statham at the Villa Motor Inn Apartments & Motel Rooms in Williston, SC  (803-266-7001) .  I think you will find the amenities in which you are looking. I am an engineering consultant working in Aiken and Columbia.  I have been
living at the Villa Motor for the past 10 years.  The Villia Motor is about 15 miles and 15 Minutes from the site - NO TRAFFIC!

-Allen-

james48103

ROOMMATE WANTED, off of 19 (Whiskey Road) AIKEN, SC
« Reply #27 on: Jun 21, 2009, 05:47 »
I currently have a 2 bedroom, 2 full bath apartment in Aiken, SC, walking distance of restaurants, the mall, and grocery stores.  In addition, it is located within 15 minutes of the SRS Site.  I fly home every weekend, so therefore, I am only at the apartment 4 days per week.

I am looking for 1-2 people to share costs.  Prices will be negotiable for rent and bills, depending on the responses I receive.  Please contact me at (517) 262-2283.  Thank you.

Jim

gresee1022

« Reply #28 on: Jun 30, 2009, 06:59 »
Does anyone know of any good places to rent from.  My family and I are moving in from NY to work at SRS and we need atleast a 3 bedroom apartment or house that is between 600-875 that excepts pets.  We have two small dogs we want to bring with us.  We have checked craigslist and a few other sites but I'm not sure who is a real renter company and who isnt.  Thanks

Offline namlive

• Moderate User
« Reply #29 on: Jul 01, 2009, 07:15 »
Get a copy of the Aiken Standard. They have a page of apartment rentals. I did see one that claimed they accepted pets in Beech Island. You also might want to consider renting a trailer, they don't care about pets.
No one gets out alive.

Offline guppy

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #30 on: Jul 01, 2009, 05:39 »
Value Place
2995 Riverwatch Parkway (I-20, Exit 200)
Augusta, GA
706-733-4456

Rates are $179/week (about $208 with taxes)
Efficiency units with full size fridge, 2 burner stove, microwave, cable TV, newer units, laundry on site, no pool.

about 25 miles to Jackson gate
Keep honking.  I'm reloading.

Offline rebel45

• Very Lite User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #31 on: Jul 05, 2009, 01:55 »
Does anyone know anything about the four gables apartments in New Ellenton?? My email is in my profile if you want the info to be kept off the forum board.
Thanks
Earl

mslil

« Reply #32 on: Jul 05, 2009, 04:19 »
I have a room for rent in Sweetwater Country Club  Barnwell, SC.  $500.00 per month includes utilities. Available now.

Call toll free 888-647-7545

Offline guppy

• Light User
« Reply #33 on: Jul 07, 2009, 06:59 »
Hello.  I've been at SRS for two weeks and should be here a year or two.  I've looked at a bunch of places but would like to find something on the south side of Aiken.  I would like to share a house with someone that already has a place.  I prefer to have a furnished bedroom with it's own bathroom (i.e., I don't want to share a bathroom).  I'm a QA Engineer that doesn't drink or smoke.  I can move in after August 3.  Thanks.
Keep honking.  I'm reloading.

moochiebubble

« Reply #34 on: Aug 14, 2009, 03:52 »
Guppy ( et al ) avoid the Fairway Ridge Apartments like the Plague... They come with complimentary roaches and have very clever ways to get out of the $200 finders fee... v/r moochiebubble

Offline aubergine63

• Light User
« Reply #35 on: Aug 16, 2009, 06:35 »
Be careful who you rent from here.  I am a local and live in Augusta.  Look at anything you rent CAREFULLY and do check the utility bills (they'll tell you if you call the companies). The utility bills can nearly equal your rent because of the extreme and unpredictable weather here.   One truly poor management co. in GA is Haltermann Properties, I speak from experience.  Consider yourself warned. 
Downtown Augusta is only 20 miles/40 minutes from MY work area onsite and is much more interesting than living in Aiken.  Much goood things to do downtown with the arts, museums, theatre, cool shops, events, etc.  I've lived down here 3 years and would gladly offer what I know if you consider living down here. 
Aiken is best for the family life,  although Aiken county schools are questionable.  I was a test subject of their public school system but rose above.
Beech Island is a dive.  Drive through it once,  you'll see.  Remember, you have to live their for a year.....
Best to all.......
Relax.

Offline Hraesvelg

• Light User
« Reply #36 on: Aug 16, 2009, 01:25 »
Although it might be too far for some I should have a room available at my house in north west Columbia, SC soon. $375 a month everything but food included. Shared bathroom with one female.

Internet, cable, private pool, furniture, bed, etc...

bmart1

« Reply #37 on: Oct 18, 2009, 09:45 »
If anyone has lodging information for this facility, please post it here.

Tradewinds Mobile Home Park 
8 miles to south Aiken, SC 
1.5 miles to New Ellenton gate at SRS 
0.5 miles to propane dealer 
75.00 per month includes garbage disposal 
Manager: Marie Barnard 803-652-3813 

Nice 3 bedroom for around 600/month. 
Woodwinds Apartments 
100 Cody Lane, Aiken, SC 29803 
(803) 648-5451 

Check out longs mobile home park in beech island. he has small trailers for rent for long term, speak to Dennis he is the manager. but beware he is conservative so don't walk up there dressed like a biker. no offense to anyone. but it is a real nice and quite place. 

Longview Mobile Home Park has fairly nice rentals. It is located on Hwy. 125 a few miles from the Jackson gate. 803-827-1137

Offline makua13

• Light User
  • Live Aloha
« Reply #38 on: Oct 18, 2009, 10:45 »
Does anyone have any insight on RV Parks in the area?  Looking for a recommendation.
Live Aloha

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #39 on: Oct 19, 2009, 08:12 »
I know of one on Wrightsboro Rd in Augusta that seems to be run pretty well, its just across from grade school and I know the cops patrol the area very regularly (tickets prove that), and I think there is one in Jackson just outside the gate could be wrong about that one though.  As far as pricing Im not sure.  ???

milo124

« Reply #40 on: Oct 19, 2009, 09:41 »
Try this one in New Ellenton.  I stayed there many moons ago so I'm not sure how it is now, but it was really nice then.

Crossroads RV Park
823 Meeting Pl, Aiken, SC 29803 (803) 642-5702

Offline skirat201

• Very Lite User
« Reply #41 on: Nov 03, 2009, 08:06 »
A little help here.
Will be coming down to SRS mid November, and I am not familiar with the area at all. I would like to find a newer clean cozy 1 br furnished apartment possibly located in North Augusta area. I really don't want to spend more than $500 per month as a matter of fact I don't want to even spend that much to be honest. I am a single female and would appreciate a safe clean neighborhood close to shopping and restaurants that would contribute to me feeling safe coming and going from the apartment in the evening.
Not overly crazy about country living and being out in the middle of noplace alone, so that is out.
Appreciation and thanks for any suggestions you seasoned SRSers have.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #42 on: Nov 03, 2009, 11:04 »
A little help here.
Will be coming down to SRS mid November, and I am not familiar with the area at all. I would like to find a newer clean cozy 1 br furnished apartment possibly located in North Augusta area. I really don't want to spend more than $500 per month as a matter of fact I don't want to even spend that much to be honest. I am a single female and would appreciate a safe clean neighborhood close to shopping and restaurants that would contribute to me feeling safe coming and going from the apartment in the evening.
Not overly crazy about country living and being out in the middle of noplace alone, so that is out.
Appreciation and thanks for any suggestions you seasoned SRSers have.

My suggestion is to look quickly for a room-mate as apartments in this area start at/above 500.00 per month and that is non-furnished.  In the Aiken area, pretty much all of the apartments are in a nice area, I would suggest Greenbriar, Brittany Downs, or Steeplechase.

Good luck and welcome to the CSRA (central savannah river area).

gludwig

« Reply #43 on: Dec 09, 2009, 04:13 »
The Days Inn Downtown would love to provide your accommodation needs. We offer clean, comfortable,  and affordable rooms. All of our rooms have fridge, microwave, 25 inch TVs and cable. We also offer a free deluxe continental breakfast and free WIFI. We are within walking distance to downtown Aiken and all it has to offer such as shopping and fine dining. So give us a call at 803-649-5524 and mention that you are working at the Savannah River Site and ask about our special rates. And you can check us out on-line at DaysInn.com to view photos. We hope you to hear from you soon.

Gina Ludwig
Days Inn Downtown
1204 Richland Ave W
Aiken, SC 29801
803-649-5524

moochiebubble

« Reply #44 on: Jun 03, 2010, 12:32 »
Avoid Veranda's on the Green ... Like the Plague ... moochiebubble .... Avoid The Plantation for that matter ....

Offline Fixin2

• Very Lite User
« Reply #45 on: Feb 09, 2011, 04:34 »
I would recommend against Steeplechase Apartments in Aiken. I signed a lease and moved in and spent a bunch of money getting out of the lease when the shooting (literally) began.

Offline techtoolong

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #46 on: Feb 10, 2011, 09:39 »
Ditto on do not rent at The Steeplechase.  I rented there a few years back and they came up with a huge list of the problems with the apartment that where all there when I moved in.

X-radcon30

« Reply #47 on: Mar 31, 2011, 11:28 »
Im going to be heading down that way on the 11th of april, just looking around on here to see were to hang my hat up for hopfully more than a day.(Have to get passed the test first). Lots of good info on here Im just going to have to go down and check it out.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #48 on: Apr 01, 2011, 12:23 »
sleep inn on whiskey is the closest and best for your $$$$.  there are a couple others that are a little better but usually more $$$$.  masters are ending when you get here so it may be a little crowded but I THINK you will be ok.  Be prepared to pay a little more than normal but it should drop quickly for the next day.  Just tell them you are going to another motel and they should lower it quite a bit.  Like to somewhere around 60 a night.  You can get cheaper, super 8 is ok and close, cheaper hotels near downtown are further away and kinda crappy....

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #49 on: Apr 01, 2011, 02:26 »
I know a couple of people who have houses to rent here in Barnwell. PM me if you are interested and I'll give you information. There are also a couple of hotels this side of plant as well. Of course we are a small town but we have the basics... booze, food, church and a wally world.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?