Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Sequoyah - Lodging  

Author Topic: Sequoyah - Lodging  (Read 37792 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Sequoyah - Lodging
« on: Dec 01, 2002, 12:37 »
If anyone has lodging information for this facility, please post it here.

Holiday Inn Express, Hixson - ~10 mi. in on Hixson Pike - Near Hwy 153 & Northgate Mall  

Hampton Inn, Hixson - ~1 mi south on Hwy 153 (Hamill Rd) from Holiday Inn Express  

Extended Stay America - ~ 7 mi south on Hwy 153 (Airpark Dr.) from Holiday Inn Express  

All Hotels - Shallow ford Rd./I-75 area, near Hamilton Place Mall and everything else, Hixson Pike to Hwy 153 to I75 North to Shallow ford Rd., ~20 mi from site  

Soddy Daisy - maybe some hole-in-wall place on Dayton Pike/Old Hwy 27, ~7 mi. down Sequoyah Access Rd.  

Check www.timesfreepress.com  
Best Choice of what I listed, would have to be Extended stay America, They are full Eff. w\coffee makers\frig\stove\MWave and are furnished with pots-pan, silverware....etc...costs are 199/wk with tax around 225.00 Location is Lee Hwy & 153 about 25 min. to site.  
There is also Hamilton Inn same as above, on Lee Hwy for 139.00 @ Wk. Local calls are 5 cents a min. and is not nearly as nice...they do not take reservations.  
Good place to eat near site in Soddy-Daisy is Wimpys country Kitchen If you want to look around, You might luck out and find a furnished apt around Soddy-Daisy WITH RUNNING HOT AND COLD WATER!  
Try checking out the Spring City Motel in Spring City Tennessee. Good people...Bob and Alberta Bowker, and clean rooms for a decent weekly rate.  
"Lakeside Resort" which is about 18 miles from Watts Bar. Family owned (nice people) - private area over looking part of the lake - very quiet. I have a sitting room - separate bedroom and a large refrigerator - laundry on site - bottom line $90.00 a week. Depending on the unit it can go to $135.00. They also have double units etc - not sure of the price. The number is 423-365-9521 ask for Gary or Connie.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Re: Sequoyah - Lodging
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2005, 11:48 »
www.reserveamerica.com is a site we have used several times to make reservations for camping. Most of the time their is a 14 day stay restricition on campsites but you may be able to work out other arrangements.

www.gorving.com
www.gorp.com

You may also want to try the Tennesse Tourism webpage.

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2005, 11:10 »
RV parks in the area are not cheap. I stayed at Racoon Mountain, which has a website (the other side of the park is a tourist attraction: caverns, go-carts, and hiking trails.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2005, 03:09 »
I spent several months at the Extended Stay America and it was very nice for the price. Lot's of place to eat out nearby if you don't want to cook, and a superWalmart down the road for grocery's.
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline tigger

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2005, 11:43 »
They are opening a brand new hotel at the end of the Sequoyah access road. There is no name posted on the sign yet. It looks almost finished. If I find out more, I will post it on here. It may be a place to look at in the future. Right there, you have KFC, Subway, Mc Donald's, Burger King, Pizza Hut, Chinese, and Little Ceasers.

bigwill

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 11:25 »
Right now the cheapest places I have found to stay are the Inn Town Suites and Hamilton Inn.  Both are really reasonable.  Both under 150 a week.  Both are on Lee Highway Exit about thirty minutes from the plant.

Offline CountryHeavenTN

• Very Lite User
« Reply #6 on: Oct 26, 2006, 06:59 »
We have vacancies in Spring City.
Beautiful private home overlooking Watts Bar Lake.  2 upstairs bedrooms currently available,  will have a full basement available soon.

$500.00 upstairs rooms
$900.00 basement (sleeps up to 3)

One month rent deposit required.

We can work out a weekly pay if needed but you will be require to pay the deposit still. 

Upstairs has loft sitting area and coffee break area.  Full bath.  You have full use of the gourmet kitchen and a shared full sized frig with the other upstairs guest.  Washer/Dryer, gas grill rocking chair porch overlooking the lake.

Basement has a fully equipped kitchen, full bath, one private bedroom and two twin beds in a common area.  Dining room and living room.  Directv

Call us: 407-427-6087

Offline saupere

• Very Lite User
« Reply #7 on: Jul 19, 2007, 05:49 »
I work in the nuclear business for Westinghouse.  I have a comment about the Extended Stay America near the airpark in Chattanooga.   I once drove 10 hours from Pittsburgh to get there.  I had a reservation confirmed for late arrival with my American Express credit card.  I arrived before dark and found they had given away my room.  I had to go 2 miles up the road to another motel and pay twice the price.   A co-worker who was unfortunate enough to get a room at Extended Stay noticed a really foul smell in the room.  He couldn't put his finger on it.   Then he was awakened by a loud crash in the middle of the night and the cover for the AC fell off the wall and out popped 3 or 4 half filled beer bottles.  The maid service I hear was almost non-existent in this place.  But none of this is what pissed me off.   What really pissed me off is that the manager of this place actually turned in a charge against my Amex card as a no-show.  I would say avoid the Extended Stay America in Chattanooga like the fargin plague.

possumcreek

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2008, 09:48 »
We have rv sites available at possum creek and sale creek rv parks near seq and watts bar. Web site is www.possumcreekrv.com on google. Our rate is 300 per month. We have full facilities available.
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2008, 09:32 by possumcreek »

Offline nuke_girl

• Moderate User
« Reply #9 on: Oct 09, 2010, 06:17 »
I recently stayed at the Quality Inn off  Hixson Pike Rd. The owner and his wife made me feel welcome, and the housekeeping was wonderful. An overall great place to stay. 4833 Hixson Pike Rd. Hixson TN., 423-468-4807
It is better to light one small candle..than to curse the darkness

Offline sscone

• Moderate User
« Reply #10 on: Mar 30, 2011, 08:19 »
In Town Suites is nice.. It's about 30 min. from the plant. 169 plus tax. It has a kitchenette and a good size fridge. http://www.intownsuites.com/detail_hotel.asp?id=3939

5730 Lee Hwy
Chattanooga, TN 37421
Office: (423) 893-0777
Guest Line: (423) 893-0778

Offline sscone

• Moderate User
« Reply #11 on: Dec 09, 2011, 09:24 »
I will be heading to Sequoyah in Feb.  any updates on places to stay that is pet friendly?  Thanks,
This is where I stayed last outage. Very reasonable rates and they are pet friendly.
http://homeawaystudios.com/Hotel-Chattanooga/index.php
Its around 15 to 20 minutes from the plant. Good area with lots of places to eat to choose from or you can cook right in your room. Laundry on site, clean rooms, grill patio area, double bed, cable tv, internet, full size fridge. Rates may have changed but I was paying just under 200 a week.

Offline cajunbaby84

• Light User
« Reply #12 on: Dec 09, 2011, 10:09 »
Thanks for the info.  I tried to look up the room rates but could not ge to that area.  I will check it out a little more.

duke99301

« Reply #13 on: Dec 09, 2011, 10:53 »
I stayed at the intown suites with my dog last year.  but look up the dayton area there a lot of motels there and its a little closer less traffic.

Offline cajunbaby84

• Light User
« Reply #14 on: Dec 12, 2011, 05:07 »
I have heard of Best American Values motel.  Does any one know anything about it?

duke99301

« Reply #15 on: Dec 14, 2011, 11:13 »
Scottish Inn and Suites
 3914 Rhea County Hwy, Dayton, TN 37321 » Map
(423) 775-9718
2.2 miles »Close
Thanks for Your Rating!

30 mins to the site nice  area and they take pets

Offline cajunbaby84

• Light User
« Reply #16 on: Dec 16, 2011, 01:35 »
Thanks I called them and set something up with them for Feb.

Offline parkplaceabc

• Very Lite User
RV spaces
« Reply #17 on: Jun 22, 2012, 04:34 »
Large RV spaces.  Clean, quiet, friendly family neighborhood.  1.5 miles from I-75 exit 62 Sweetwater.  Paved streets and driveways.  $ 335. per month for 2 people ($20. extra per person) + utilities.  $ 200. utility deposit. 281-975-7928 :)

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #18 on: Aug 13, 2012, 08:07 »
Some places in the Hixson area ~ 15 miles to Sequoyah

HomeAway Extended Stay Studios
1949 North Point Boulevard, Hixson, TN 37343
(423) 643-4663

The Reserve At Lakeshore
5600 Lake Resort Terrace
Chattanooga, TN 37415
Tel:   423-877-1269
Furnished Studios

Hampton Inn Chattanooga/Hixson - Hampton Inn & Suites
1920 Hamill Road
Hixson
(423) 877-3100

SGR starts October 15th  ;)

Offline TEX-INSP

• Light User
« Reply #19 on: Oct 26, 2012, 08:53 »
Look's like most of the hotels in the area are booked solid. Anyone how any links to livining arangements for the SGR?? I will be in town on sunday 10/28

jowlman

« Reply #20 on: Oct 28, 2012, 10:20 »
I have a friend that has a hotel and some rental properties. I don't know if she has anything available but her number is (423) 596-8878, her name is Janice Hixson.

I hope this helps.

Fred

Fermi2

« Reply #21 on: Oct 28, 2012, 10:31 »
Does she know you posted her name and number here? Doubt it since you said you have no idea if she has anything available...

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #22 on: Oct 29, 2012, 05:44 »
Does she know you posted her name and number here? Doubt it since you said you have no idea if she has anything available...

If its a work number, it shouldn't be an issue.

Offline radbitch

• Heavy User
« Reply #23 on: Oct 30, 2012, 09:58 »
Look's like most of the hotels in the area are booked solid. Anyone how any links to livining arangements for the SGR?? I will be in town on sunday 10/28

I just talked to Amber and she thinks they have a studio coming available, give her a call at the number below.

The Reserve At Lakeshore
5600 Lake Resort Terrace
Chattanooga, TN 37415
Tel:   423-877-1269
Furnished Studios

Offline amycross

• Lurker
« Reply #24 on: Sep 22, 2013, 09:48 »
RV-HOOKUPS AVAILABLE !! 5 MINUTES AWAY FROM SEQUOYAH PLANT. FULL HOOKUPS $325.00 A MONTH WHICH INCLUDES RENT, WATER, AND TRASH PICKUP. TO MAKE RESERVATIONS PLEASE CALL AMY AT 352-239-9851

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?