Facility & Company Information > St. Lucie

St. Lucie - Lodging

<< < (2/10) > >>

RDTroja:
Hey, RadBitch how are ya? When are you going to Lucie?

I have spent virtually all of the last 2 years at St. Lucie (not there now but should be back for the next outage) and I HIGHLY recommend Hutchinson Island... just be ready to leave it when the next hurricaine blows through. I stayed on the island when Wilma visited and while I am glad for the experience, I won't do it again.

There are a ton of condos available in the offseason for as little as $1200 a month if you are lucky... I got very lucky and had a year-round rental for $1100. On the ocean side (all with million dollar views) Atlantis is good, Oceana II North is nicer and Sand Dollar Shores is better still. They also get closer to the plant in that order with Sand Dollar Shores less than 2 miles away. Jensen Beach Club is not on the ocean, but is not a bad place and there is almost always something available. For the very best information and help on lodging @ St. Lucie, contact Anna Hutchinson (interesting coincidence) at Keyes Realty and PLEASE tell her I sent you (it should be good for both of us if you do, I have sent a lot of business her way and she appreciates it). 722.225.2222 is her office number. I just talked to her and she will be waiting for your call... she has lots of places available.

While you are down there don't miss dinner at Crawdaddy's in Jensen Beach. Make sure you go on Thursday through Sunday -- live music from R&B to Delta Blues to Zydeco, all of it good. Also check out the Seafood Shack on the Island in Jensen Beach (doesn't look like much from the outside, but the food is great) and Mangrove Matties at the north end of the Island. There are too many good places to name them all. For groceries go to Stuart Fine Foods. If you want more info, just IM me. Can you tell I really liked it there? Good luck, and I hope to see you next spring if you are still there.

royal inn:
Lodging for the St Lucie power plant in Ft. Pierce, Fl.  The Royal inn is 5 minutes away located
at 222 Hernando St. on So. Hutchinson Island. We are one block off of A1A. The hotel is ideal for a few nights stay.  But if you are interested in lengthy stays,  we have apartments for rent at another location. .Efficiiencies, one and two bedrooms. Furnished, cable, all utilities included in the rent.  The apts are also located off of A1A on So. Hutchinson Island. Call 772 464-0405 for information or stop by the hotel.

aubergine63:
BE CAREFUL WHEN RENTING ON HUTCHINSON ISLAND.  VNI realty has rented to multitudes of nuclear workers, myself included, but has failed miserably in providing rentals that aren't trashed. MAKE SURE YOU LOOK AT THE PLACE BEFORE GIVING THEM MONEY.  "holiday out" is particularly bad. 

Be Careful.

RDTroja:

--- Quote from: aubergine63 on Apr 05, 2007, 04:14 ---BE CAREFUL WHEN RENTING ON HUTCHINSON ISLAND.
--- End quote ---

I have posted this before but I think it bears repeating... I have rented several times on Hutchinson Island and have never been disappointed with Keyes (pronounced like 'eyes' with a K in front) Realty, in particular Anna Hutchinson. I am sure someone has had an unpleasant experience with Keyes (nobody is 100%) but Anna has always treated me very well and she personally goes to all the rentals to inspect them prior to renting. Tell her you read it on NukeWorker.com

kfish:
Hello- We own 3 1 bedroom apartments at OCEAN VILLAGE, one of the closest resorts to the power plant. It is located directly on the beach and has been a popular community for temporary workers at this facility. In addition to free golf, tennis, pools, beach, bocce, fitness room....there is a full service restaurant and a tiki bar onsite that serves light fare 7 days a week. Parking is easy and the commute is "straight down the road" about 7 or 8 miles. Following are links to 2 websites:  http://www.homeaway.com/USA/Florida/vacation-condo-Hutchinson-Island/dni/1/p127362.htm ----and---- http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/23882.html. The posted rates are for vacationers. I have been very competitive in negotiations with plant workers.
Kathy Fisher 508-274-7169

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version