Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu St. Lucie - Lodging honeypot

Author Topic: St. Lucie - Lodging  (Read 60814 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
St. Lucie - Lodging
« on: Nov 30, 2002, 07:33 »
I suggest Nettles Island, you should not encounter any difficulties in Lodging there.
Also for a trailer on
In Stuart at the Suburban Lodge. About 20 miles, 30 minutes.

There are about 7 or 8 miles of beachfront condos right next to the plant that usually have openings.
Until you get settled, the Marriott Courtyard is closest to St. Lucie. It offers discounts to people working at the plant. Call direct 561-229-1000.

Road Runner Travel Resort north of Ft. Pierce. It is an RV place but they have small furnished rental trailers. Quiet & about 20 minutes from the plant. High bridge, don't worry about boats. (800.833.7108, 5500 St. Lucie Blvd, west of small county airport). 

Pelicans Rest Motel 3580 Indian River Drive Tel: +1(772)485-8484

Fax: +1(772)334-8004

Email: contact@pelicanrestcottages.com

Web: www.pelicanrestcottages.com at Jensen beach causeway entrance. Real nice duplex type cottages. Real clean and nice, furnished-utilities included except phone. Everything you need is here except your clothes.
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2007, 09:43 by honeycomb »

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
St. Lucie
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2004, 05:14 »
Hutchinson Island is a beautiful resort island that happens to have a nuclear plant in the middle. Call a realtor for monthly rentals on the Southern half of the Island. Indian River Plantation (managed by Marriott) has nice condo packages.
It's pricier than most plants, but if you want to use it as a working vacation, it's a great deal. ;D
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2005, 02:01 by Camella Black »
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline Atomic Frog

• Sr HP Tech
  • Moderate User
  • Ribit!! Ribit!!
St. Lucie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2004, 07:49 »
Here are some numbers, I don't know which ones are still there.
Hope this helps..

FROG

BEACH/INLET

Angler Motel
772-466-0131
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beachwood Motel on the Ocean
772-465-3157
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Courtyard by Marriott-
Oceanside
772-229-1000 / 800-321-2006
Days Inn-Ft. Pierce Beach
772-461-8737 / 800-447-4732
Dockside-Harborlight Resort
772-468-3555 / 800-286-1745
German American Motel
772-465-6822
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
772-595-0711 / 800-Holiday
Hutchinson Inn B&B
772-229-2000 / 800-909-4204
Island Beach Resort
772-229-3006 / 800-642-5630
Kiwi Motel & Apartments
772-461-6645
Leeward Landings
772-464-0879 / 800-484-1956 #2100
Mellon Patch Inn B&B
772-461-5231 / 800-656-7824
Oceanaire Lodge
772-466-5244
Ocean Vilage
772-489-6100

Radisson Beach Resort
772-465-5544 / 800-333-3333
Royal Inn
772-464-0405
Villa Nina Island Inn
772- 467-8969
Vistana’s Beach Club
772-229-9200 / 800-877-8787

RV PARKS & CAMPGROUNDS

Easy Livin' RV Park
772-461-0800
Holiday Out & Venture III
772-229-1300
The Villages at Nettles Island
772-229-1300
Road Runner Travel Resort
772-464-0969 / 800-833-7108
The Savannas Recreational Area
772-464-7855 / 800-789-5776

MAINLAND

Budget Inn
772-464-8850
Colony Court Motel
772-461-0718
Comfort Inn
772-461-2323 / 800-228-5150
Days Inn Midtown/Villager Lodge
772-465-7000 / 772-464-8010
Farrell’s Motel
772-464-1019
Garden State Motel
772-461-7031
Madison Motel
772-460-2333
Nowalk Motel
772-464-3700
Super 8 Motel
772-466-8488 / 800-800-8000

PORT ST. LUCIE

Kolter Resorts at PGA Village
(772) 466-6766 / 877-519-6766
Best Western Suites Hotel
772-878-7600 / 800-528-1234
Club Med Sandpiper
772-398-5100 / 800-ClubMed
Holiday Inn Port St. Lucie
772-337-2200 / 800-459-5044
MainStay Suites at
PGA Village
772-460-8882 / 800-870-5910
Sheraton's PGA Vacation Resort
772-460-5700 / 866-207-8598
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SpringHill Suites by Marriott
772-871-2929 / 888-287-9400

TURNPIKE/I-95

Crossroads Inn
772-465-8600
Days Inn I-95
772-466-4066 / 800-329-7466
Hampton Inn
772-460-9855 / 800-426-7866
Holiday Inn Express
772-464-5000
Motel 6
772-461-9937 / 800-466-8356
Treasure Coast Inn
772-466-4200 / 800-448-6119

« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2005, 02:02 by Camella Black »
It is not MY fault that I never learned to accept responsibility.- Homer J. Simpson

I bet Einstein turned himself into all sorts of colors before he invented the light bulb.- Homer J. Simpson

dove1234

St. Lucie
« Reply #3 on: Jul 07, 2006, 11:25 »
Hello fellow roadtechs,
Dan here, I own a really nice pool home, here in Port Saint Lucie, it is fully furnished. I rent out my (2) spare rooms for $225.00 a week per room. Amenities include: heated pool, wireless internet, cable tv, tv & dvd player in each room. Kitchen and washer & dryer privileges. Linens, towels, facecloths. Bi-weekly maid service. I'm roughly about 20 minutes to the plant. Close to grocery stores and gym's, restaurants. You name it's pretty close. I can send you pics. I accept cash, or credit cards.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
St. Lucie
« Reply #4 on: Sep 04, 2006, 10:10 »
I lived on Hutch Island (about 5 miles from plant) at Atlantis III.  Hucth island is good, you can get a 2 BR condo off of the internet for about 1500 a month ON THE BEACH during low season (NOW!).  Lower if you want to stay on other side (intercoastal I think) or not on water.  But, make sure you do a little research concerning construction work if you like to work nights.  The place I was in did some work and kept me up during some of the days.  I wouldn't have lived there if I'd have known they were going to do that.  The fairly recent hurricane damage make the area  prone for construction work, so beware!  You could get it written in your contract that if work is being done you can cancel the contract and find other lodgings.  Send a PM for more details.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
St. Lucie
« Reply #5 on: Sep 05, 2006, 12:05 »
Hey, RadBitch how are ya? When are you going to Lucie?

I have spent virtually all of the last 2 years at St. Lucie (not there now but should be back for the next outage) and I HIGHLY recommend Hutchinson Island... just be ready to leave it when the next hurricaine blows through. I stayed on the island when Wilma visited and while I am glad for the experience, I won't do it again.

There are a ton of condos available in the offseason for as little as $1200 a month if you are lucky... I got very lucky and had a year-round rental for $1100. On the ocean side (all with million dollar views) Atlantis is good, Oceana II North is nicer and Sand Dollar Shores is better still. They also get closer to the plant in that order with Sand Dollar Shores less than 2 miles away. Jensen Beach Club is not on the ocean, but is not a bad place and there is almost always something available. For the very best information and help on lodging @ St. Lucie, contact Anna Hutchinson (interesting coincidence) at Keyes Realty and PLEASE tell her I sent you (it should be good for both of us if you do, I have sent a lot of business her way and she appreciates it). 722.225.2222 is her office number. I just talked to her and she will be waiting for your call... she has lots of places available.

While you are down there don't miss dinner at Crawdaddy's in Jensen Beach. Make sure you go on Thursday through Sunday -- live music from R&B to Delta Blues to Zydeco, all of it good. Also check out the Seafood Shack on the Island in Jensen Beach (doesn't look like much from the outside, but the food is great) and Mangrove Matties at the north end of the Island. There are too many good places to name them all. For groceries go to Stuart Fine Foods. If you want more info, just IM me. Can you tell I really liked it there? Good luck, and I hope to see you next spring if you are still there.
« Last Edit: Mar 22, 2007, 08:21 by RDTroja »
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

royal inn

St. Lucie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2006, 04:52 »
Lodging for the St Lucie power plant in Ft. Pierce, Fl.  The Royal inn is 5 minutes away located
at 222 Hernando St. on So. Hutchinson Island. We are one block off of A1A. The hotel is ideal for a few nights stay.  But if you are interested in lengthy stays,  we have apartments for rent at another location. .Efficiiencies, one and two bedrooms. Furnished, cable, all utilities included in the rent.  The apts are also located off of A1A on So. Hutchinson Island. Call 772 464-0405 for information or stop by the hotel.

Offline aubergine63

• Light User
St. Lucie
« Reply #7 on: Apr 05, 2007, 04:14 »
BE CAREFUL WHEN RENTING ON HUTCHINSON ISLAND.  VNI realty has rented to multitudes of nuclear workers, myself included, but has failed miserably in providing rentals that aren't trashed. MAKE SURE YOU LOOK AT THE PLACE BEFORE GIVING THEM MONEY.  "holiday out" is particularly bad. 

Be Careful.
Relax.

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
St. Lucie
« Reply #8 on: Apr 06, 2007, 07:18 »
BE CAREFUL WHEN RENTING ON HUTCHINSON ISLAND.

I have posted this before but I think it bears repeating... I have rented several times on Hutchinson Island and have never been disappointed with Keyes (pronounced like 'eyes' with a K in front) Realty, in particular Anna Hutchinson. I am sure someone has had an unpleasant experience with Keyes (nobody is 100%) but Anna has always treated me very well and she personally goes to all the rentals to inspect them prior to renting. Tell her you read it on NukeWorker.com

"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

kfish

St. Lucie
« Reply #9 on: Sep 16, 2007, 03:25 »
Hello- We own 3 1 bedroom apartments at OCEAN VILLAGE, one of the closest resorts to the power plant. It is located directly on the beach and has been a popular community for temporary workers at this facility. In addition to free golf, tennis, pools, beach, bocce, fitness room....there is a full service restaurant and a tiki bar onsite that serves light fare 7 days a week. Parking is easy and the commute is "straight down the road" about 7 or 8 miles. Following are links to 2 websites:  http://www.homeaway.com/USA/Florida/vacation-condo-Hutchinson-Island/dni/1/p127362.htm ----and---- http://www.vacationrentals.com/vacation-rentals/23882.html. The posted rates are for vacationers. I have been very competitive in negotiations with plant workers.
Kathy Fisher 508-274-7169

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
St. Lucie
« Reply #10 on: Oct 26, 2007, 11:39 »
Most are just getting by and I'm glad to help them.   If you have a problem putting lodging advertising on a lodging board then it's YOUR problem.

I guess I have a special place in my heart for lodging at this particular site. There are plenty of places to stay within a reasonable distance from the plant. And I have swung a meter long enough to know that you don't go to a place to work an outage with the intention of renting a vacation home. But I happened to get a 2-bedroom "tennis villa" at Indian River Plantation a few years back while working an outage, and the rest of my family was close enough to come visit weekends and a school holiday.

And yes, they enjoyed the pool, the beach, and the shopping. Sorry, none of them played any golf, but the tennis courts should have made up for it.

Normally places like that are not in the price range for a Nukeworker on an outage; since it is almost the same price for the Motel and not much more than the RV slot, consider it when you are going to St. Lucie. My family would love for me to arrange a vacation back there; I am considering it (even though I wouldn't be working!)

I am personally glad to see the postings, especially when a few people combine it into one post. Dealing with a realtor? Not a problem; it saves me effort and time to deal with a professional. If enough are interested in this site, they may want to purchase a banner ad. That will be a decision to be made when there is more professional real estate interest on this site. Until then, let's just consider it "A friend who happens to be in the business" making a post.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Garyo

Re: St. Lucie - Lodging
« Reply #11 on: Jan 10, 2008, 08:29 »
I have a 4 bedroom house with a pool near the plant. Looking to rent a couple of the rooms. Rates are negotiable! Rooms are fully furnished with cable TV. Please send me an email if interested garyosirus@yahoo.com

Jandalco

« Reply #12 on: Aug 15, 2008, 04:05 »
***We have a 3 bedroom/2 bath fully furnished house for rent on Hutchinson Island. 5 miles to St Lucie plant.  Neighborhood is across the street from the beach, has mostly year-round residents and is quite quiet. There is a fenced in back yard with a patio for sitting or grilling.   Pictures on www.vrbo.com/153574   Prices posted on website are for weekly visitors and not our nukepro-friendly prices.  Send email or call for prices.  Jan 772-287-6885[/color]

Rental

« Reply #13 on: Oct 26, 2008, 08:41 »
My wife and I have two units (Holiday Out and Nettles Island) to rent on Hutchinson Island close to the St Lucie Nuclear Power Plant.  Both are 1/1 but have pull out beds.  Currently both are available.  Give us a call with any questions.  Joe & Deb 772-349-0045.  Email: info@FloridaCoastToCoast.com.  We are also licensed real estate agents but are owners of these rentals.

Additional Info:

8)
Enjoy this Sunny, Tropical Paradise: Ocean Pool, Club House,  Water sports. Remote, yet close to major transportation and Medical facilities. Reasonable rates.

Holiday Out and Nettles Island are the prime vacation destination for families, singles and couples. Enjoy the ocean front pool, barbecue on the beach, relax in the ocean front club house Tons of local city events such as Nature and Boating tours, Horse riding on the beach, great restaurants, and don't forget the best fishing on the entire East Coast!!

Holiday Out and Nettles Island are located on Hutchinson Island and is convenient to the mainland (5 minutes), only 1 hour to West Palm Int'l Airport and 2 hours to Orlando attractions.  Close to the Nuclear Power Plant

Very nice rental - furnished, 1/1 with Florida room, ready to rent beach access, pool oceanfront, boating/boat ramp, tennis, bike - jog, clubhouse, shuffleboard, play area, fishing.

Last Renters' Statements:
Never thought it would be this nice!
I don't want to leave.

Royal Inn Beach

« Reply #14 on: Mar 12, 2009, 09:43 »
ROYAL INN BEACH HOTEL SOUTH HUTCHINSON ISLAND

WWW.ROYALINNBEACH.COM

Winner of the Golden Hammer award, the Royal Inn offers ocean view rooms with balconies with either king and two double bed accommodations.  We also offer one 600 square foot ground floor double bed suite with a full size kitchen and dining room.

Located 10 minutes north of the St Lucie Power Plant on Ocean Drive on the SAME ISLAND. The property is located one block from where Seaway Drive (Bridge) meets Ocean Drive near the Ft Pierce Jetti Park.

Please inquire for Off Season Summer Rates.
Please inquire for Weekly and Monthly Rates.
We also allow for full booking of the entire hotel with patio for corporate events and weddings.  Please call for further information or email your request to reservations@royalinnbeach.com

Call: 772-672-8888 or e-mail: reservations@royalinnbeach.com

The property recently underwent over a $1 million renovation in 2006.   Each room is decorated with a high end tropical motif. The Royal Inn Beach Hotel‘s deluxe amenities include:

Unobstructed Ocean Views
Walking Distance To Beach, Restaurants, Nightlife
Complimentary High Speed Wireless Internet Access
On Site 24 hour Guest Laundry
Breakfast room open from 7 AM to 10 AM Daily
Expansive 24 hour Patio for Guest Use
Stainless Microwave Oven in every room
Stainless Steel Refrigerator in every room
Ceiling Fans & Digital Air Conditioning in every room
Granite Bathroom Vanities and Bar Sinks in every room
Digital Comcast Cable Television (70 channels) plus HBO

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #15 on: Mar 16, 2009, 11:22 »
Some personal OE regarding the Royal Inn Beach Hotel.

I had a GREAT time staying there. The folks that run it are extremely friendly and will go out of their way to help you. They even helped me hookup an apartment since I stayed at the plant for several months.

Bottom line, ya' can't beat it. Archies is close by too ;D
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

dschreiber

Jensen Beach Florida rental
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2009, 09:06 »
LARGE FULLY FURNISHED  APARTMENT
PRIVATE HOME
SEPERATE ENTRANCE
ALL UTILITIES INCLUDED
BASIC PHONE INCLUDED
USE OF WASHER AND DRYER
1 PERSON
NO PETS
NON-SMOKER (OUTSIDE PORCH ONLY)
$200 WEEKLY
$200 SECURITY

FOR MORE INFORMATION CALL DENISE AT (772) 834-9366
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 09:58 by dschreiber »

Ansett

Days Inn West Palm Beach-Accommodation
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2011, 04:02 »
The Days Inn located in West Palm Beach at Exit 74 off of I95 is pleased to offer the following deeply discounted accommodation rates:

$39.99 for a room with two double beds
$44.99 for a room with two double beds and a micro fridge unit

Amenties include but are not limited to:

Free wireless in all rooms
Coffee makers and hairdryers in all rooms
Free coffee in lobby
Free USA Today in lobby
Free coffee in lobby
Heated pool
Heated jacuzzi
IHOP Restaurant located adjacent to our lobby

Please call 561-718-5362 for questions and reservations!

stuartbeach

« Reply #18 on: Jul 02, 2011, 10:24 »
Hello All Saint Lucie Nukeworkers,

I have a lovely 2 Bath 2 Bedroom Condo for rent on Hutchinson Island, Indian River Plantation. Steps from the Stuart Beach. Second story end and top unit. Very quiet, very lovely views of golf course. Pool, Laundry, Bar-B-Que.

The unit is only 15 minutes from the Saint Lucie Power Plant. No Bridges, no traffic.

Call 772 708-6933 if  you are interested.

Go to www.hugens.com to see photos.

Conchy

« Reply #19 on: Aug 03, 2011, 10:08 »
I have a 2BR, 2BA Direct Waterfront Condo on Hutchinson Island that will be available November and December 2011 for a monthly rental of $2,500.00 if anyone is interested at the St. Lucie Powerplant.  It is fully furnished with fully equipped kitchen, dining room, living room, 2 BR, 2 BA, Swimming Pool, Sauna, Exercise Room, Direct Oceanfront, 7th Floor.  Call (860) 738-8733 or e-mail.  Will also be available month of April 2012 and June 2012 with September 2012.  No Smoking, No Pets. Immaculate.  5 to 10 Minutes to Power Plant.
« Last Edit: Aug 03, 2011, 10:13 by Conchy »

Offline hjsnark

• Lurker
« Reply #20 on: Aug 03, 2011, 12:27 »
I have a nice clean older mobile home in a 55+ park in Jensen Beach for rent for the upcoming outage scheduled to begin in November 2011.  Fully furnished, washer and dryer, One large bedroom with king size bed and walk-in closet, second bedroom available with single bed, private patio in back.  Great location, walk to restaurants, shopping, etc. 
At least one tennant must be 55yo. Rent, $1000 mo for single, $1200 for two.  All utilities included. Nice flat screen tv, just need to provide own hookup.  Contact Harlene at 440-812-2928, or hjsnark@yahoo.com.

Boomer

« Reply #21 on: Aug 13, 2011, 02:07 »
what is the commute to the plant like from jensen beach versus ft. pierce??

Offline biloxoi blues

• Moderate User
  • Engineer (self proclaimed)
« Reply #22 on: Aug 15, 2011, 01:55 »
They are about the same.  10 miles just depending where in jensen beach you are staying

Lodging SLN

« Reply #23 on: Nov 07, 2011, 03:51 »
One bedroom/One bath ocean unit available for rent (Holiday Out down the street from Nettles).  On the island close to St Lucie Power Plant.  Kitchen, washer and dryer, TV... etc.
$1200 a month.  Give us a call.

772-349-0045
info@floridacoasttocoast.com

http://treasure.craigslist.org/vac/2690139231.html

http://treasure.craigslist.org/vac/2690139231.html

Offline saupere

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #24 on: Nov 07, 2011, 04:30 »
The St Lucie Plant is about 7 miles exactly from Ocean Village which is on the island, north on A1A just inside the Fort Pierce city limits.   Going south on A1A from the plant it is almost exactly 6 miles to the Jensen Beach Causeway.   To get to the Indian River Plantation Mariott resort on the south end of the island I think it's about 11 miles from the plant.
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2011, 10:53 by saupere »

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?