Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Surry - Lodging honeypot

Author Topic: Surry - Lodging  (Read 40306 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Surry - Lodging
« on: Dec 01, 2002, 12:38 »
If anyone has lodging information for this facility, please post it here.

There's only one real motel on the plant side of the James River,Econo Lodge 757 357 9057, and they are booked solid early. The James River Inn has fallen into a bad location bring your knife or gun. Lots of places in Newport News if you dont mind the extra 15 minutes to get there.

There are also 2 camp grounds within 20 miles they are Blackwater 757 357 7211 and individually owned 757 294 0247 or 757 294 3072
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2005, 03:46 by Camella Black »

annaehansen

Surry
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2005, 09:40 »
To anyone seeking lodging in Surry - My family has a large home in Surry we are renting by the week beginning mid-March. It has four bedrooms and three full baths. It isn't luxurious, but it is clean, comfortable and in a beautiful location about 25 minutes from the power plant. Please email me if you are interested and be prepared to complete an application. Sincerely, Anna Hansen
annaehansen@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2005, 01:55 by Camella Black »

jjordan

Surry
« Reply #2 on: Mar 30, 2006, 08:36 »
There is a campground on the same side of the river, I don't have any of the contact info. It's nothing fancy, but it's liveable, and not a long drive like the other side of the river.
JJ

visserjr

Surry
« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2006, 08:25 »
Sky Anchor campground is about 30 minutes from the plant. It is wonderfull. The Evans are extremely friendly, there are about 10 sites. the sites are full hook up no cable. My antenna gets a clear picture from the local richmond and va beach channels. It is also very cheap. around 400$ a month. I'll get the phone number and post it soon. I cannot say enough good about Sky Anchor, or the people there. Any Q's just pm me.

John

nsz8

Surry Housing
« Reply #4 on: Jul 28, 2009, 04:27 »
Me and my brother are headed out there on October 28th. Curious if anyone knows the good places to stay out there, or any houses for rent, etc.

Thanks in advance!!!

Neil

Offline TEX-INSP

• Light User
Re: Surry - Lodging
« Reply #5 on: Oct 03, 2009, 02:12 »
Im also heading out there in late October. From what I noticed it looks like Smithfield,VA is the best bet for hotels. 25-30min drive but it doesn't look like theres much around the plant.

twilght24

« Reply #6 on: Oct 22, 2009, 02:25 »
I have been in Virginia since Oct 18 to work at Surry. The motels closer to the plant are booked full. I am staying at the Econo Lodge on Jefferson in Newport News. I have checked out the other motels in the area and this one is by far the best I have found. It is clean has wireless internet and everyone goes out of their way to make sure I am comfy and the rates are the best I have found also. Eveything you need is close by, Sonic on one side. Steak and seafood on the other. Kelleys Tavern and grill right behind. Walmart, Target, Walgreen, Gro Store and Dollar store just up the street.

nsz8

« Reply #7 on: Oct 26, 2009, 11:04 »
How much is that hotel per week, and how long does it take to get to work?

ericharrell

« Reply #8 on: Oct 27, 2009, 12:13 »
I just wanted to let everyone going to Surry know, that the Sleep Inn & Suites Chesapeake (on Western Branch Blvd.) is offering great rates to us.  Please call Micheal Dickerson (Sales Coordinator) at 757-638-5000 x 302.  He is offering $39.99 per night for standard rooms and he is also offering great rates on the suites.  If he doesn't answer leave a message, he will call you back.  Its an approx. 35 - 40 minute drive.

Offline TEX-INSP

• Light User
« Reply #9 on: Oct 28, 2009, 09:01 »
I had bad vibes from Jefferson Ave once you get off the james river bridge. It's a bad looking area. I came a little bit farther down Mercury Blvd and I'm staying at the Quality Inn. Its a little more expensive 50 a night but has hot full american breakfast every morning and is in a safe area. Also there is alot of stuff to eat and do around the area. 40 min drive to plant

brofle1402

lodging at surry?
« Reply #10 on: Oct 05, 2010, 11:53 »
Anybody know of any cabins or apts near surry for 3 people?

brofle1402

« Reply #11 on: Oct 30, 2010, 06:01 »
To anyone pulling a camper to surry avoid the big bear campground in windsor. The hook-ups are in clumps not designed for anything over 20 ft long. They will have you pull in any direction you can and clutter up the park to the point if anybody leaves early you will have to break down and move your camper just let somebody out. The constantly have the kareoke machine going which is fine if you are on days but sucks if you are on nights because they don't know where the volume button is. I would strongly reccomend a different site.

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #12 on: Oct 30, 2010, 10:07 »
Surrey House Restaurant and Inn in Surry. 378/week but clean and close to the plant. Phone # is 703-303-2020.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

brofle1402

« Reply #13 on: Nov 10, 2010, 06:23 »
On top of paying 500 for a 350 a month campground at the end of the job when you start paying by the week its 210 a week. I will not come back to this place [big bear campground in windsor] or recommend it to anyone.
« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2010, 07:57 by Rennhack »

ED SHORTER

EXCUTIVE HOME FRO RENT AT SURRY
« Reply #14 on: Jan 01, 2011, 09:24 »
I have a $350,000 4 bedroom excutive home 20 miles from the Surry Nuclear Power station for rent to no more than 4 guests.  I am seeking a 3 month spring outage rental. This home normally rents for $1,800 a week during the summer. But I will rent for $1,200 a week for a 3 month outage rental.  Please don't mock this if it is not for you. I got did this during the 2010 fall outage. Try the virtual tour below:
Ed Shorter
757-365-2439

http://www.visualtour.com/applets/flashviewer2/viewer.asp?t=2015387&sk=30y the virtual tour below.

BarbaraParker

« Reply #15 on: Apr 19, 2011, 02:36 »
Surry Lodging, 1 house for 3 workers $1,800/month including electric.  2200 sf, 3 br, 3 ba, open floor plan, kit, den, din rm, liv rm, util rm, central air, 2 fireplaces, deck, nestled in the woods.  Non-smoking.  3 minutes to Hog Island Road where Surry Dominion Plant is located.  Closest accommodation to the plant.  Call 757-778-0020.

Also, upstairs garage apartment and downstairs garage apartment.  Nice, new construction. Non-smoking facilities.  All utilities included $250/week for 1 person, $180/week ea for roomates.
757-775-7229.
« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2011, 11:45 by BarbaraParker »

BarbaraParker

Re: Surry
« Reply #16 on: Aug 01, 2011, 11:40 »
Accommodations in Surry:   10 min to plant, rooms and apartments for rent weekly  757 775 7229

Offline tinytim

• Lurker
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2012, 01:16 »
we have a place for four people available for the spring an fall surry outages. it would be yours exclusively as there is no one in residence. it is fully furnished all the way down to towels and bedsheets. it has a washer and dryer and all kitchen utensils in short everything you would need for a safe comfortable stay. oh yea did i menton that it's only 3 miles from the surry plant? you would have your feet up and be relaxing before the rest of the workers got to the end of the road. the price is right at 200 a week per person. it is convienient to both smithfield and surry for your shopping needs. contact ron or sue (sue worked at the plant in the training dept. for 25 years so some of you may know her) at ronheichel@yahoo.com or sueheichel@yahoo.com if you prefer you can call us at 863-353-1577. thanks and we look forward to hearing from you

Offline shashi

• Lurker
« Reply #18 on: Aug 29, 2012, 03:04 »
If anyone is looking for lodging near Surry - Candlewood Suites Suffolk/Chesapeake has great and low rates for Surry Crew.

The hotel has signature amenities and is only 25 minutes from Surry Power plant and outage. The Suites consists of Full kitchens with Pots and pans, Free Guest laundry, Free High Speed Internet access, Flat Screen TV's with DVD players , Gym and much more.
Burger King, Cracker Barrel , Waffle house located right next to the hotel and all major chain restaurants, shopping, groceries, sports bar, pharmacy within 1 mile of the hotel.

Call the hotel directly at 757-405-3030 

Weekly and monthly rates available for low prices.

Consider us Home !!

Regal Inn Motel

« Reply #19 on: Oct 21, 2012, 08:28 »
  :)Surry Power Plant is just 35 minutes from Regal Inn motel, 2361 Pruden Blvd,Suffolk,VA-23434. Phone Number 757-925-4770.
Best location for Surry Power Plant worker and affordable weekly rates. most of the Restaurants is nearby Regal Inn Motel.
E.mail. regalinn_18@yahoo.com. :)

Robyn

« Reply #20 on: Jan 10, 2013, 02:54 »
Hotel Craney Island is located on the Suffolk/Portsmouth, VA area and is only 32 miles from the Surry Power Plant.  They offer low rates all outage workers.  Newly renovated and provides a hot breakfast each morning.  There are several restaurants within walking distance.  Call 757-291-4560

Offline CandlewoodHampton

• Lurker
Re: Surry Lodging
« Reply #21 on: Apr 21, 2014, 03:10 »
I am the Director of Sales at the Candlewood Suites in Hampton, Va. We have regular guests that continue to stay with us who work the Surry plant and we would love to add you to our Surry Family.  :) We offer a clean, affordable, comfortable stay while working on the outages.

We have special rates only available to Surry workers way below per diem, so please give us a call at 757-766-8976 and ask for Adam Bilbo, Director of Sales. Talk to you soon!

eastover601

« Reply #22 on: Feb 18, 2015, 12:50 »
Eastover Retreat Center offers several different styles of lodging accommodations.  We are located in Surry County approximately 20 miles this side of the James River from the Surry Plant.  Visit our website at eastoverretreatcenter.org for more information.  Call 757-294-3636 to make your reservations.
Thanks for your consideration,
Christy Wilkinson, Eastover Administrator

Robyn

« Reply #23 on: Feb 18, 2015, 01:05 »
The New Best Western Plus Portsmouth/Chesapeake/Suffolk, VA is located only 33 miles from the Surry Nuclear Power Plant in Surry VA. We offer a $42.00 rate for Outage Workers.  This rate includes hot breakfast each morning, free high speed internet and stat of the art fitness center.
Please call 757-679-5737 for reservations and information.

Offline wjenkins

• Lurker
Surry Fall 2015 Outage Housing
« Reply #24 on: Aug 23, 2015, 07:03 »
Hello everyone,
The fall outage is fast approaching, and it's gonna be a long one.  I have an apartment available in Williamsburg, 6 minutes from the ferry.  Surrounded by every type of food you could want, as well as grocery stores and what not (you won't get that in Surry!).  It's 1-bed (Queen), 1-bath, with full kitchen.  We could discuss a pull-out couch (and a slight price adjustment), if you want to get 2 people in there. Cable, WiFi, and on-site laundry included.  Absolutely NO SMOKING, neither in the apt. nor on the grounds.  If you are a smoker that is your prerogative, but please don't contact me about this apt.  Also, no animals please.
Ideally, I'm looking for someone that will be here for the duration of the outage, if not a little pre and post outage time.  But there is a 1 month minimum. 
Price is $300 a week.  There is no "cleaning fee" or any of that bull junk.  There is a $500 safety deposit, all of which you will get back as long as you are respectful of the property and don't break stuff.
Please contact me if you are interested.  will_jenkins11@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Will

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?