Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Turkey Point - Lodging
honeypot

Author Topic: Turkey Point - Lodging  (Read 139443 times)

mbalsemo1962

Re: Turkey Point - Lodging
« Reply #50 on: Nov 18, 2011, 08:43 »
Housing for rent; Large 4/2 and 1/2 stilt home on the water in north Key Largo. Large property furnished and ready to occupy. Very private setting and large boat dockage also. See pics and more info here http://keys.craigslist.org/apa/2643765009.html Contact Frank @ 305-525-2580

Curious if this place is available since the post is no longer viewable.

swee7556

« Reply #51 on: Jan 15, 2012, 07:21 »
I'm heading to Turkey Point on the 23rd looking for a place to rent any ideals?

Graphic

« Reply #52 on: Jan 24, 2012, 07:33 »
Hola. Kinda weird posting outside of my typical forum  :D

I was just going to see if anyone might have some information on lodging for the Turkey Point area that will allow pets also? Will probably be there around a 6 months to a year so I'd much rather take him with me then to rely on someone to take care of him while I am gone. It's gotta be somewhere that accepts bigger dogs cause he is a Siberian Husky. He's only about 40-50 lbs but looks bigger simply because of the amount of hair he has. (what did I get myself into traveling with a dog? lol)

Thanks fellas/ladies

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #53 on: Jan 24, 2012, 08:54 »
Hola. Kinda weird posting outside of my typical forum  :D

I was just going to see if anyone might have some information on lodging for the Turkey Point area that will allow pets also? Will probably be there around a 6 months to a year so I'd much rather take him with me then to rely on someone to take care of him while I am gone. It's gotta be somewhere that accepts bigger dogs cause he is a Siberian Husky. He's only about 40-50 lbs but looks bigger simply because of the amount of hair he has. (what did I get myself into traveling with a dog? lol)

Thanks fellas/ladies

Most of the safe places to stay in the Homestead area (i.e. the gated communities) require a one year lease. Pet acceptability is between the renter and the landlord. If you think you are going to be there close to a year you can probably sign a year's lease with an 'escape clause' if your job is terminated early. If you go north (Cutler Bay and above) or south (Key Largo) you will probably find a place to rent that will allow the dog, but then you travel farther to work and back... you have to allow about 45 minutes to an hour from your house to inside the plant gate if you live in Key Largo, but it is a nice place.

I used to travel with two Siberian Huskies -- the female was 40 lbs and the male was about 100 lbs -- and I can tell you he won't like Florida very much. Even if he has a shady spot, if he has to stay outside of air conditioning in the summer he will suffer in the heat. I was in Crystal River (north west side of the state) from about October through December and the dogs were unhappy outside.

Good Luck. You can PM me for more info if I can help.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Graphic

« Reply #54 on: Jan 25, 2012, 03:29 »
Most of the safe places to stay in the Homestead area (i.e. the gated communities) require a one year lease. Pet acceptability is between the renter and the landlord. If you think you are going to be there close to a year you can probably sign a year's lease with an 'escape clause' if your job is terminated early. If you go north (Cutler Bay and above) or south (Key Largo) you will probably find a place to rent that will allow the dog, but then you travel farther to work and back... you have to allow about 45 minutes to an hour from your house to inside the plant gate if you live in Key Largo, but it is a nice place.

I used to travel with two Siberian Huskies -- the female was 40 lbs and the male was about 100 lbs -- and I can tell you he won't like Florida very much. Even if he has a shady spot, if he has to stay outside of air conditioning in the summer he will suffer in the heat. I was in Crystal River (north west side of the state) from about October through December and the dogs were unhappy outside.

Good Luck. You can PM me for more info if I can help.

Thanks, I definitely was looking in the Key Largo and Cutler Bay areas simply because of what I had read etc. on Florida City/Homestead .. not to mention most of my family lives in Pembroke Pines/Coral Gables areas so I knew it was notorious for being a rough city. I'm sure my .357 could scare off a few at least!

I figured my dog won't like the heat so much. I live in South Alabama so maybe he will be a little used to it even though I keep him inside a lot. Guess we will see how that one turns out !

Appreciate your help. I may message you later for some more info. THanks
« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2012, 03:31 by Graphic »

mlara

« Reply #55 on: Jan 25, 2012, 10:32 »
ONE YEAR LEASE STARTING THIS MARCH 1ST 2012.  BEAUTIFUL 3 BEDROOM 3 BATH HOME TUCKED AWAY INSIDE KEYS GATE GOLF CLUB COMMUNITY.  THIS HOME HAS IT ALL, SPECTACULAR GOLF AND LAKE VIEWS, WITH A SCREENED POOL TO BOAST. KITCHEN FEATURES CORIAN COUNTER TOPS, TOP OF THE LINE APPLIANCES, DESIGNER LIGHTING THROUGHOUT THE HOME WITH TASTEFUL APPOINTMENTS TO MATCH.  NICLEY LANDSCAPED, GATED COMMUNITY WITH ROVING SECURITY, GOLF, TENNIS, RESTAURANT/LOUNGE.  OWNERS ARE ASKING FOR A FAMILY UNIT, LEASE AMOUNT AT $2000 PER MONTH, FIRST LAST AND SECURITY, CONTACT MANNY LARA, MARKETWISE REALTY AT 786-255-8714

LaFeet

« Reply #56 on: Jan 26, 2012, 04:25 »
I could almost hear that  last post :P

Juancarlos3017

Rental property 10 miles from Turkey Poin 3/2 $920
« Reply #57 on: Feb 10, 2012, 11:51 »
We have a rental property 10 miles from Turkey Point
3/2 on US1 and 284 st
Year contract is $850 a Month.
6 month contract $620 a month
Call Betty Garcia 786 229 3636
condosenmiami.org]www.17threalty.com[/url
[url]condosenmiami.org

builditsl

Turkey Point Lodging/ Key Largo
« Reply #58 on: Feb 28, 2012, 07:34 »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a very nice furnished bedroom in my canal front Oceanside home in Key Largo. There are two queen beds and plenty of closet space, washer and dryer, cable and wi-fi. You have your own bath just outside your door. and balcony through your patio door. Snorkel or fish right in the canal or just sit and enjoy the multitude of reef fish at our dock. There is a huge double decker patio on the roof overlooking the ocean as well as the one down buy the water. The neighborhood is super safe and quiet with the exception of the occasional Keys party. You are just around the corner from the Pilot House restaurant, American Legion, Plus more. I am a nuke guy myself but please talk to my wife, "Tamera". 305-240-7387 or builditsl@gmail.com

Offline harleybeachman

• Lurker
« Reply #59 on: Mar 18, 2012, 08:39 »
Turkey Point Contractor House

Share a 1600 Sq Ft house wih 3 other contractors Near the Homestead Hosipital  $200 per week

FP&L Turkey Point Contractors .... fully furnished rooms in a nice home close to work. Each room comes with a queen bed, flat screen tv, wireless internet and desk and comfy furnishing and each of the 4 rooms has access to two shared bathrooms a fully furnished kitchen and living room with TV and wireless internet and a washer and dryer. Each of the 4 bedrooms have private locks and locable storage area. Why pay alot of money to extended stay hotels or cheap motels with not much privacy when you can save money and be more comfortable here. For more information and availability TEXT MESSAGE (NAME - NUMBER- AND THE WORD TURKEY POINT) to 305-910-7991 and i will call soon as possible im very busy so PLEASE TEXT 305-910-7991

* i am finishing up several places and they will be available soon

Offline Geraldlaine

• Lurker
« Reply #60 on: Aug 07, 2012, 12:04 »
I will be arriving in the Turkey Point area August 12th, 2012 and will need temporary housing in the area. Please contact me if you have any information of a clean, affordable safe place that I may be interested in while working at Turkey Point. Email pics or links and/or any info to geraldlaine@yahoo.com or call (574)806-1649

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #61 on: Aug 07, 2012, 03:33 »
Campgrounds have plenty of lots now. I'm at the Boardwalk, lots of spaces and rentals. Call 305-248-2487.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Offline TEX-INSP

• Light User
« Reply #62 on: Sep 26, 2012, 09:36 »
I will be heading down there in 2 weeks. I will be on site for the duration of the EPU approx until feb/mar 2013. Looking for a rental that is furnished and in a nice safe area.

Please email jboyd2007@gmail.com

Offline keylargirl

• Lurker
« Reply #63 on: Oct 02, 2012, 03:24 »
If anyone has lodging information for this facility, please post it here.

There are a few hotels that take dogs,resonable rates if your working the outages, just show ID badge,believe it is less then $50.per day,one is Hampton Inn (305)247-8833, there is also a trailer park on Biscayne Drive (288th St) and 132 Ave. next to Air Base that offers low cost temp.trailers w/pets. Many who work outages stay there,it is secure w/guard at gate, mostly older folks live there during year.Many offer rooms within their homes during outages & post notices on boards at the plant.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 BR/2 BA waterfront home for rent in Key Largo at Mile Marker 98.  Private dock for a boat, private community beach and boat ramp.  Updated, furnished, central a/c, fenced yard, close to ammenities. Well behaved pet considered. Email for photos and details.

Housing For rent: Waterfront in Tavernier, Fl ( Key Largo) call Barbra Mort at 305 853 0953.

Try any of the motels on Dixie Highway.....close to everything.

If your looking for a motel, then travelodge is good. If your looking for a park, try Southern Comfort.

Offline Mherndon

• Lurker
« Reply #64 on: Oct 17, 2012, 03:17 »
I'll be arriving at Turkey Point on October 29th and staying till February/March. 

Looking for a place to rent.  If possible, would like to take my wife and children (2). 

704 576 9355 or mhherndonfam@gmail.com

Thank you for your time!

Offline FLHOUSE

• Lurker
Re: Turkey Point - Lodging 3/2 to share
« Reply #65 on: Oct 27, 2012, 11:12 »
Share furnished 3/2 house. MM 89, Nice neighborhood. A/C, W/D, Cable TV, high speed internet,gas grill on balcony. NO SMOKING INSIDE PLEASE. NO PETS $700-$650 incl.Utility Efficenicy Below$1,000.00 for a single person. $1,050.00 for a couple,utlility included.
Call BILL (305) 394-2338

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
Re: Turkey Point - Lodging 3/2 to share
« Reply #66 on: Oct 27, 2012, 06:39 »
Share furnished 3/2 house. MM 89, Nice neighborhood. A/C, W/D, Cable TV, high speed internet,gas grill on balcony. NO SMOKING INSIDE PLEASE. NO PETS $700-$650 incl.Utility Efficenicy Below$1,000.00 for a single person. $1,050.00 for a couple,utlility included.
Call BILL (305) 394-2338

A word of caution: MM 89 is about 45 miles from the plant, mostly on 45 mph roads that are often crowded or under construction. Beautiful area, long drive, particularly on 12s.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline keylargirl

• Lurker
« Reply #67 on: Nov 01, 2012, 01:58 »
Key Largo waterfront 2 BR / 2 BA home with a dock and 50' of waterfront for rent.  Access to bay and ocean.  Located at Mile Marker 98 in Key Largo.  Approximately 44 miles from the Turkey Point Plant.  The home is nicely updated and furnished in a quiet and friendly subdivision that has a private beach and boat ramp. The property is fenced so a behaved pet is welcome.  12 month rental $2200/month plus utilities.  6 month rental is $3200 and includes utilities.  Email for pictures and more info to:  keylargirl@gmail.com or leave a message at 305-453-3218.

Offline bleudabadi

• Very Lite User
« Reply #68 on: Nov 27, 2012, 02:13 »
I have one room available at this time.
Located just 15 minutes from the parking lot guard gate
$150 per week or $500 if paid monthly
all amenities, laundry, kitchen, semi-private bath
DirecTV, WiFi.
call or text 305-389-3947
(my place is near SW 288 st & SW 137 ave...aka biscayne & speedway)

Chris111

« Reply #69 on: Dec 10, 2012, 10:01 »
KEY LARGO , MM 101.5  approx. 45 minutes from T/P .. Waterfront Living. Long Term Rental from March 1st till Oct. 1st
Gated and 24 hr security  Located in Calusa Trailer Park on Gulf side.  Boat Slip available  Rates and information are available at the park office
approx. $ 1500.00 per month..1 bedroom 1 Bathroom, C/W all park included amenities, ie, pool,  laundry facilities, fishing is awesome,  Many people from T/P lodge there, so there is always car pool options.
 This lot is waterfront, so a gem of a property.

If interested contact Chris Nelson  kwmaintenance@execulink.com

Offline BigBlockT

• Very Lite User
« Reply #70 on: Jan 01, 2013, 09:03 »
was considering going to turkey point is there any reasonable and safe places to stay for a couple of months I'm traveling with my wife and our dog ?

Offline BigBlockT

• Very Lite User
« Reply #71 on: Jan 02, 2013, 07:33 »
Text me (260) 750-0817

Offline security1919

• Lurker
Female Roommate ( Turkey Point Homestead) 5 minutes from plant
« Reply #72 on: Jan 21, 2013, 10:25 »
Female Roommate wanted. Cozy room includes a furnished Bedroom and walk-in closet. All utilities included, cable /internet, as well as use of all common areas: laundry room, kitchen, living room. First, & security required. Willing to rent on a month to month basis. Looking for someone responsible and clean. Pool, sauna & gym available but need to get $25 card with the club house. Monthly cost to use the club house is not included in the price. No smoking inside the house, no pets no firearms.
$650 a month. email mexicodf26@aol.com.

Offline Andrewg

• Lurker
« Reply #73 on: Jan 29, 2013, 11:21 »
Fully furnished new townhouse in Waterstone just a few miles from the plant 3 beds 3 bath with 2 assigned parking spots available immediately for $1600 per month. Internet included let me know if interested by calling or texting me 305-360-0878. My name is Andrew

Offline krickert

• Light User
« Reply #74 on: Feb 11, 2013, 12:29 »
RV SITE for RENT.  Located on Private Property in the Redlands.  Full Hook-Up including water, electric and satellite TV. Fenced in with your own gated entrance. Can accommodate Motor Homes and Fifth Wheels. Private and Secure. Monthly no Lease required.   $600.00 per month.  CONTACT: kkorners@bellsouth.net or Ken 786-223-0472 or Kerri 786-223-0476.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?