Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu VC Summer - Lodging
honeypot

Author Topic: VC Summer - Lodging  (Read 129168 times)

Offline SelectHousing

• Very Lite User
Re: VC Summer - Lodging
« Reply #50 on: Oct 31, 2013, 03:21 »
All-Inclusive Short Term Apartment Rentals

www.SelectCorporateHousing.com provides all-inclusive turnkey furnished apartments near VC Summer for temporary housing as a more comfortable & more affordable extended stay hotel alternative.  We accept all major credit cards and offer direct billing.  Call us today at 800.896.7290 for a quote!

abgiles

« Reply #51 on: Nov 06, 2013, 09:20 »
I will be re-locating at the beginning of December to start at V.C. Summer on the 9th.  My wife and family will not be re-locating for about 18 months, so I'm looking for a relatively inexpensive place that I can rent for myself, with the family coming up 4 or 5 times a year (most weekends I'll be traveling home).  Not needing a large place.  A small two bedroom duplex would be great.  Looking to live close to the plant, or somewhere less than a 30 minute drive (Irmo/Chapin) but within a reasonable distance to the bigger areas (like the mall, etc.).  Am I hitting the right area? 

I'm looking at Craigslist daily, and see some things, but didn't know if anyone out there had any leads that aren't posted.

I appreciate any and all responses!

Offline cburn

• Lurker
« Reply #52 on: Nov 07, 2013, 03:24 »
1600 sq. ft., 3/2.5 on pond in Stoney Pointe (126 Walkbridge Way, Chapin, SC 29036)
Great 3/2.5 1600 sq. ft. home in Stoney Pointe at Bear Creek in Chapin.  On community pond w/ deck & fence. Single car garage.  Open floor plan w/ master bedroom and bath downstairs.  Great room has 2 story ceiling and gas logs w/ hardwood floor.  Upstairs loft area w/ bedroom.  Very clean.  Access to community pool, walking trails, Clubhouse.  Zoned for Chapin Elementary, Chapin Middle & Chapin High.   Convenient to VC Summer!  Available Dec. 1.  Pets negotiable.
If interested, please call 803.920.7400

Offline DiverTough2013

• Very Lite User
« Reply #53 on: Dec 10, 2013, 09:27 »
For the outage guys, you might consider staying on the East Side towards Blythwood... alot of the construction traffic comes from the Chapin/Irmo area on the west side of the Broad River and can cause alot of unnatural traffic going to the station.  Or staying up towards Newberry/Prosperity will allow you to come in on some of the back roads to avoid some of the traffic.

If you're staying at Harbison though... it's going to take you a while to get to the site in the mornings... FYI.

oat_2208

« Reply #54 on: Jan 14, 2014, 10:08 »
I am looking for a new home in the area for when I relocate to VC Summers.  I currently live in a Ryan Home and love it, so we looked saw a new Ryan Homes Community nearby called Chelsea Park.  Have any of you see the community?  I heard it has really nice large lots but I can't tell online.  The link is below....has anyone been out there yet?
http://www.ryanhomes.com/find-your-home/our-communities/south-carolina/irmo/chelsea-park

Thank you!

Offline NamanHotels

• Very Lite User
« Reply #55 on: Feb 04, 2014, 09:15 »
Staybridge Suites Columbia
VC Summer Extended Stay Rates

The Staybridge Suites Downtown Columbia hotel offers comfortable extended stay accommodations near VC Summer. Our spacious guest suites are designed to provide the comforts of home with upscale kitchens that feature granite countertops and stainless steel appliances including stovetop, microwave, refrigerator, dishwasher, kitchenware and utensils. Guest suites also feature complimentary high-speed wireless Internet, 42-inch LCD television with HD programming, glass showers, and large work desk with cordless speakerphone and voicemail. Our all suite hotel is ideal for temporary housing and apartment style living in Columbia, SC. Call Staybridge Suites today at 803-451-5900 or toll free at 866-526-6149 and ask for our special VC Summer extended stay rates!

Staybridge Suites Hotel Amenities Include:

• Spacious Guest Suites feature One King Bed or Two Queen Beds
  • Full Kitchen in Each Guest Room Featuring Microwave, Refrigerator, Stove, Dishwasher & Cooking Utensils
  • Complimentary Hot Buffet Breakfast Served Daily
  • Complimentary Evening Dinner Reception (Monday - Thursday)
  • Free Wired and Wireless Internet Access
  • Free Guest Laundry
  • 24 Hour Fitness Center On Site
  • Indoor Swimming Pool On Site
  • Business Center On Site
  • Convenience Mart On Site
  • Free DVD Library
  • Daily Housekeeping Services
  • Free Parking

The Staybridge Suites is just a short drive away from VC Summer and just a few blocks away from the restaurants, shops and bars located in the Vista Downtown. The entrance to Columbia's Riverwalk is located right next door to the hotel. Walk or jog along the trail to enjoy Columbia's beautiful scenery.

Call Staybridge Suites today at 803-451-5900 or toll free at 866-526-6149
and ask for our special VC Summer extended stay rates!
Discount rates are valid based on dates and availability. Call now to make your reservation while VC Summer Specials are still available.

1913 Huger Street, Columbia, South Carolina 29201
www.staycolumbiasc.com
« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2015, 02:18 by NamanHotels »

Offline NamanHotels

• Very Lite User
« Reply #56 on: Feb 04, 2014, 09:55 »
Wingate Columbia Harbison
VC Summer Extended Stay Rates

The Wingate Harbison hotel offers comfortable extended stay accommodations at excellent discount rates. Spacious guest rooms feature complimentary wireless Internet, microwave, refrigerator and flat screen TV. Enjoy free breakfast every morning and free access to Gold's Gym during your stay. The Wingate Harbison hotel is conveniently located just off Interstate 26. Enjoy a quiet environment within walking distance of shops and restaurants. VC Summer is less than 25 miles from the hotel. Easy interstate access and free parking make it convenient for guests to come and go as they please. Call Wingate Harbison today at 803-407-6166 or toll free at 866-643-4989 and ask for our special VC Summer extended stay rates!

Wingate Harbison Hotel Amenities Include:

• Spacious Guest Rooms feature One King Bed or Two Double Beds
  • Microwave & Refrigerator In Each Guest Room
  • Free Hot Buffet Breakfast
  • Free Wired and Wireless Internet Access
  • Business Center and Meeting Rooms On Site
  • Fitness Center On Site
  • Outdoor Pool On Site
  • Complimentary Use of Fitness Equipment at Gold's Gym & Pool at Harbison Rec Center
  • Daily Housekeeping Services
  • Free Parking

The Harbison area offers an excellent location for long term guests. There are over 40 restaurants, 2 movie theaters and a shopping mall on our exit.

Call Wingate Harbison today at 803-407-6166 or toll free at 866-643-4989
and ask for our special VC Summer extended stay rates!
Discount rates are valid based on dates and availability. Call now to make your reservation while VC Summer Specials are still available.

217 Lanneau Court, Columbia, South Carolina 29212
www.columbiawi.com
« Last Edit: Sep 15, 2015, 12:43 by NamanHotels »

Offline sdrossos

• Lurker
« Reply #57 on: Mar 06, 2014, 06:29 »
I have a house for sale 15 miles from VC Summer in Chapin. It's a 4BR/3B home. You can access the listing at www.weichert.com/50024601/

My agent is Karen Jeffery, cell 803-361-3977.

Thanks

Offline matthew snipes

• Very Lite User
« Reply #58 on: Mar 16, 2014, 03:53 »
InTown Suites - VC Summer Power Plant
Extended Stay Rates In Columbia, SC
Call To Reserve Today! (678) 701-3617

Do you need a hotel room for the VC Summer Nuclear Plant Outage?
Our rates start at just $229.99/ Week, No Credit Check! No Lease!

Whether you're staying for a week or for a month, our InTown Suites property always provides affordable temporary housing paired with a long list of amenities. With InTown Suites, rooms are paid by the week, making it a more affordable option compared to hotels. At 330 Columbiana Drive, we are located near many of Columbia's local restaurants, shopping, parks and public transportation. The Columbia Airport is located just 9 miles from our extended-stay property.

Planing to attend another plant outage, industrial turnaround or other traveling construction work?  InTown Suites has over 100 locations nationally and we specialize in working with the construction industry. We'll find you the best lodging option for your next job! Give us a call any time at (678) 701 - 3617.

Offline tailers

• Lurker
« Reply #59 on: May 27, 2014, 11:51 »
CAMPGROUND - Lake Murray

Boogers Fish Camp is located a half an hour from VC Summer.  It is situated on a 17 acre pond fed by Lake Murray a 55,000 acre lake.  Lake Murray access is directly across the street.  Rates are 450.00 a month or 150.00 for 7 days.  RV sites are full hookup - water, sewer and electric.  30 amp service only NO 50 amp service available. For further information go to www.boogersfishcamp.com, email to tailers245@gmail.com or call (803) 530-5069.

Boogers Fish Camp is located at 245 Tailers Trail, Leesville, SC 29070.  The sign on the road is spelt Tailers Trail but when googling maps you have to spell it as **Tailors Trail** in order for it to be found correctly.

Directions to Boogers Fish Camp from VC Summer

1) Head Southwest on SC 213 S (Turn Right)                              4.1 Mi

2) Continue onto Parr Rd/State Rd S-36-167                               3.5 Mi

3) Turn Right onto Holy Trinity Church Rd/ Peak Rd
    (Continue to follow Peak Rd)                                                  0.8 Mi

4) Take the 2nd left toward US-76 W/Main St                              118 ft

5) Turn Right onto US-76W/Main St
    (Continue to follow US-76 W)                                                 2.7 Mi

6) Turn Left onto Mt Pilgram Church Rd/State Rd S-36-41            5.2 Mi

7) Turn Left onto SC-391 S                                                        7.8 Mi

8)Turn Right onto Tailers Trail (First drive on right is 245)            0.2 Mi
« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2020, 08:27 by tailers »

lakenuts6

« Reply #60 on: Jun 19, 2014, 08:08 »
Prosperity, SC.....rental property available August 2014
3 Bedroom/ 1 bath home, large great room, central heat and air, all appliances included includes washer and dryer
Less than 1 mile from public boat ramp on Lake Murray, @ 3 miles to Dreher Island State Park
email lakenuts6@yahoo.com or call 864-426-6293 or 864-426-3066 for details or pictures.
This property is on a private road and will not last long @ 19 miles from VC Summers.

larrymoe46

« Reply #61 on: Jun 25, 2014, 01:02 »
Hi,

I have a spare bedroom available that's ideal for anyone working at V.C. Summer.  All utilities are included: high-speed internet, DirecTV cable, air conditioning, water, and trash.  Price is negotiable.  Please call me at 803-262-9115 to discuss if you're interested.

Here is a description:

- 1 fully furnished bedroom and 1 full bathroom available in my 4 bedroom, 2 bathroom house in quiet & safe neighborhood of Challedon. Bedroom has a queen bed, dresser, closet, TV, cable, Wi-Fi. Large screened-in back porch, and plenty of parking available in driveway and on street. I'm a very welcoming host as you can see from my 5-star Airbnb reviews (https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2015364).

My house is located just one mile from I-26 and also about a mile from Columbiana Mall / Harbison Blvd. Guests have full access to everything at the house, including the kitchen, stove, screen in back porch, grill, high-speed Wi-Fi network and your own full bathroom.

I enjoy meeting new people, and I'm happy to do anything I can to make your stay more comfortable. I live in a very quiet, safe neighborhood. Getting around is very easy - you can be on I-26, I-20 or at the mall within 5 minutes and at the V.C. Nuclear plant in 20 minutes.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Larry
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2014, 01:05 by larrymoe46 »

Offline johnperna

• Very Lite User
« Reply #62 on: Sep 10, 2014, 11:11 »
Spacious House on Lake Murray in South Carolina (449 Crockett Rd Columbia, SC)

http://columbia.craigslist.org/apa/4626167860.html 

$1900 / 2br - 1200ft² -

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
CROCKETT ROAD
(google map) (yahoo map)

2BR / 1.5Ba 1200ft2 house available sep 28
laundry in bldg off-street parking

This is a fully furnished lake front rental. The rate includes water, trash pickup, cable, yard care, high speed internet service and telephone.
On a quiet cove on Lake Murray in a residential neighborhood, near Columbia, South Carolina two bedroom, one and half bathroom, full kitchen including microwave oven. Yard beautifully landscaped and maintained. Patio/picnic area, a floating dock in the lake and a small boat ramp. Sun porch with a lake view, CD/DVD player, filtered water, dishwasher, clothes washer and a clothes dryer. The main house has a large tile bathroom with one full bath and one half bath, that are "side by side".

The main house sleeps eight as follows:

Queen size bed in master bedroom, Double bed in 2nd bedroom, 1 double sleeper sofa in the living room, 2 single beds on the sun porch. The sun porch has no ducts from the central heat or air conditioning, but gets its heat and air conditioning through the living room opening.

The main house is on the same lot as the attached cottage. The exterior amenities are the same as the cottage including: landscaped yard, patio/picnic area, floating dock, Boat ramp, 1 gas grill, 1 charcoal grill, 1 meat smoker, covered porch with garden view.

The main house has all of the same amenities that are in the cottage and a few more: TV, VCR, cable, linens and towels, coffee maker, 2 toasters, central heat & air conditioning, microwave oven, electric can opener, full size stove and refrigerator, fully equipped kitchen, alarm clock, and radio.

To see a massive gallery of pictures of the interiors of both units, and of the exterior click here:

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k128/johnperna/ 

THIS RENTAL WILL COME AVAILABLE ON SEPT 28, 2014 AT THAT TIME MONTHLY RENTALS WILL BE AVAILABLE. THIS WAS PREVIOUSLY A VACATION RENTAL ONLY.

John Perna  <johnperna@gmail.com> ;
cell 803 397-2968
TOLL FREE 1 800 829-4801

Offline johnperna

• Very Lite User
« Reply #63 on: Sep 10, 2014, 11:15 »
2br - Cozy cottage w/ 1 bdrm & 1 small guest room (1105 Carola Avenue, Columbia)

http://columbia.craigslist.org/apa/4651354288.html

$450 / Month
1105 Carola Avenue, Columbia, SC
Cozy cottage with one bedroom and one small guest room. Stove, refrigerator. Separate laundry and storage building, with washer and dryer hookups. Located on nearly two acres of flowers shrubs and tall trees. Country living with city convenience. Recently remodeled. 1105 Carola Avenue, Columbia College Area. $450 PER MONTH, Security deposit $450
call 803 397-2968
Available now.

Offline johnperna

• Very Lite User
« Reply #64 on: Oct 08, 2014, 06:47 »
Spacious House on Lake Murray in South Carolina (449 Crockett Rd Columbia, SC)

http://targetfreedom.com/crockettcottage/

http://columbia.craigslist.org/apa/4626167860.html 

$1900 / month     2br    -     1200ft²

Available now

laundry in bldg off-street parking

This is a fully furnished lake front rental. The rate includes water, trash pickup, cable, yard care, high speed internet service and telephone.
On a quiet cove on Lake Murray in a residential neighborhood. On the  Columbia, SC side of Lake Murray. Two bedroom, one and half bathroom, full kitchen including microwave oven. Yard beautifully landscaped and maintained. Patio/picnic area, a floating dock in the lake and a small boat ramp. Sun porch with a lake view, CD/DVD player, filtered water, dishwasher, clothes washer and a clothes dryer. The main house has a large tile bathroom with one full bath and one half bath, that are "side by side".

The main house sleeps eight as follows:

Queen size bed in master bedroom, Double bed in 2nd bedroom, 1 double sleeper sofa in the living room, 2 single beds on the sun porch. The sun porch has no ducts from the central heat or air conditioning, but gets its heat and air conditioning through the living room opening.

The main house is on the same lot as an attached cottage. The cottage is currently rented to nuke workers. The exterior amenities include: landscaped yard, patio/picnic area, floating dock, Boat ramp, 1 gas grill, 1 charcoal grill, 1 meat smoker, covered porch with garden view.

The main house interior amenities include: TV, VCR, cable, linens and towels, coffee maker, 2 toasters, central heat & air conditioning, microwave oven, electric can opener, full size stove and refrigerator, fully equipped kitchen, alarm clock, and radio.

To see a massive gallery of pictures of the interiors of both units, and of the exterior click here:

http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k128/johnperna/   

THIS RENTAL CAME AVAILABLE ON SEPT 28, 2014.
AT THAT TIME MONTHLY RENTALS BECAME AVAILABLE.
THIS WAS PREVIOUSLY A SHORT TERM VACATION RENTAL.

John Perna  <johnperna@gmail.com> ;
cell 803 397-2968
TOLL FREE 1 800 829-4801

MarinaBaySC

The Residence at Marina Bay
« Reply #65 on: Oct 15, 2014, 03:39 »
The Residence at Marina Bay has 1, 2, and 3 bedroom luxury apartment homes on Lake Murray in Irmo, SC for rent!  We offer short or long-term leases, and an exclusive discount for VC Summer employees.  Furnished and unfurnished apartments are available, with optional garage and storage unit options. Our community boasts resort-style amenities, including a 2000 square foot heated swimming pool, an outdoor gas firepit, a state-of-the-art fitness center, theater, and billiards room with an internet cafe.  We also have an excellent Resident Referral bonus program which pays up to $500 for each referral who moves in.

Our pricing changes daily, so call or email us for a quote tailored to your specific needs.   

View our floorplans and photos of our amenities at our website: http://www.livemarinabay.com.  Remember, the listed pricing does not include our exclusive VC Summer Preferred Employer discount! Contact us at our office: (803) 732-1322 or via email: residenceatmarinabay@pegasusresidential.com.  Come experience Marina Bay! We can't wait to help you choose your apartment.

Offline deqbaum

• Lurker
« Reply #66 on: Nov 03, 2014, 01:58 »
AVAILABLE DECEMBER 2014

One Bedroom Apartment in downtown Newberry

Large apartment in duplex. Has small deck and small yard. Central HVAC, hardwood floors, stove, fridge, washer & dryer

Historic District, walk to shops and restaurants. Very nice location.

Will work with short terms to include all utilities

$600 includes water

803-924-5384

Supercool59

Mesquite Lodge is proud to announce the opening of our newest full-service facility just down the road from VC Summer. 
Brand new accommodations with single rooms, hot breakfast, premium boxed lunch, 5 star hot dinner and dessert.  Dining and recreation area.
High speed internet, 100+ channels of Directv, wash and fold laundry service included once per week.
Very affordable rates and all inclusive. Now accepting reservations. 
Corporate accounts welcome.
Please call Jeremy Smith @ 940-230-5354 for additional details.

seve250

« Reply #68 on: May 12, 2015, 02:39 »
Expect to be at VC Summer in June, will be looking for a rental home, any suggestions?
423-506-3621 Steve

Offline PaulTaylorRealtor

• Lurker
RV Lots Available
« Reply #69 on: Jun 01, 2015, 12:49 »
I have 2 RV lots available on 4 acres within 8 miles of VC Summer.  50 amp service and a brand new well!   Beautiful setting as it was an old home site surrounded by 2000 wooded acres.  $350 each / month plus electricity.  Call Paul Taylor with Land & Lake Properties at 803-463-HOME(4663).
« Last Edit: Jun 01, 2015, 12:51 by PaulTaylorRealtor »

Offline Tattoo

• Very Lite User
« Reply #70 on: Jun 10, 2015, 09:37 »
Looks like I'm going to be here until around the end of the fall outage, if not longer.  Anyone know of any decent places to stay?

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #71 on: Jun 13, 2015, 11:43 »
Looks like I'm going to be here until around the end of the fall outage, if not longer.  Anyone know of any decent places to stay?

What are your criteria for 'decent'? Amenities? Cleanliness? Distance from plant? Price? ...?
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline Tattoo

• Very Lite User
« Reply #72 on: Jun 14, 2015, 11:15 »
Mainly a safe area.  I don't need much.  I can always hit rent-a-center for a few pieces of furniture.  Clean is good.

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #73 on: Jun 14, 2015, 04:20 »
Mainly a safe area.  I don't need much.  I can always hit rent-a-center for a few pieces of furniture.  Clean is good.

I stayed out at Winnsboro. Rural enough to feel safer than Columbia to me.
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline Tattoo

• Very Lite User
« Reply #74 on: Jun 14, 2015, 07:25 »
That's where I am now, staying at a motel.  Seeing as I might be here 6 months or more, I'm hoping to find a house or apt to rent.  Also kinda want to have a gym in the area so I can get back to it.  Doesn't seem to be one around Winnsboro unfortunately.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?