Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Vogtle - Lodging honeypot

Author Topic: Vogtle - Lodging  (Read 128667 times)

jhoward

Re: Vogtle - Lodging
« Reply #50 on: Mar 05, 2012, 02:21 »
Greetings

Holiday Inn Gordon Hwy
2155 Gordon Hwy
We offer discounted extended stay rates and per diem rates to all employees of Vogtle,please contact me directly for your bookings.Jamie Howard 706-737-2323.Thank you!!!!!!

Offline CoolShade

• Very Lite User
« Reply #51 on: Apr 02, 2012, 10:20 »
For those of you looking for a great location to Plant Vogte we have campsites with shade and privacy. We are just open this week.

We are at the corner of River Road and Smith Road,

6 miles from Plant Vogtle and close to Augusta and Waynesboro.

If you look around at the campsites, please look at ours. We are sure you will like it here!.

Dee Melton is the manager and he has been in this business for about 5 years and is great to deal with! 803-622-2080 is his cell!

http://shadyoakscampgrounds.com/ is the website.

Offline CoolShade

• Very Lite User
« Reply #52 on: Apr 23, 2012, 02:33 »
 :) Good News Shade and Private RV Park for Plant Vogtle is now open. :)

We have open a campsite with amenities and large shaded sites.  Look at our shade and privacy before you commit. We have a sign up and
a website http://shadyoakscampgrounds.com/

We have wireless internet, laundry and our campsites are private and shaded. Please check us out! We can accommodate your motor home!

Call Dee Melton 803-622-2080 or email at   dmelton1@sc.rr.com.  We are on the corner of River Road and Smith Road about 6 miles from the plant. We are on the way to Augusta and near Waynesboro. About a mile from a convenience store but we also have very large, very private campsites.
Thanks
Shady Oaks RV Park
« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2012, 02:36 by CoolShade »

wiesner1

« Reply #53 on: Aug 01, 2012, 03:37 »
I will be working the Vogtle outage in September 2012. Dragging a 4 year old along with me and probably a live in sitter. Anybody have recommendations for the best lodging in the area for this situation? Is there anyone else out there traveling with kids who wants to share space or share a sitter?

jhoward

« Reply #54 on: Aug 07, 2012, 09:48 »
Greetings

Holiday Inn Gordon Hwy
2155 Gordon Hwy
September outage book with us!!!!!We offer discounted extended stay rates and per diem rates to all employees of Vogtle,please contact me directly for your bookings.Jamie Howard 706-737-2323.Thank you!!!!!!

Offline CoolShade

• Very Lite User
« Reply #55 on: Aug 27, 2012, 02:56 »
We have a campground near the corner of River and Smith Road for Plant Vogtle workers. Every site is shaded, and we offer laundry, wireless internet and very private, roomy campsites. We are convenient to Vogtle, Waynesboro and less than a mile to the nearest store.

Come by and check us out!
We welcome all outage personnel also!
We just updated our Free WiFi also to 10X speed, come see our campsites, very nice!

http://madeintheshadecampground.com/

D Melton 803-622-2080
dmelton1@sc.rr.com
« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2014, 04:15 by CoolShade »

Offline ross

• Lurker
« Reply #56 on: Oct 02, 2012, 08:25 »
I have a spacious 2007 40 foot camper with a queen suite and bunk house. Located 15 mins. from Vogtle. Located on secluded lot with shower house. Call 912-667-3771 Deposit required.

Offline Vogtle Housing

• Very Lite User
« Reply #57 on: Nov 01, 2012, 04:54 »
Plant Vogtle Housing!! 

Academy Apartments is located in Sylvania, GA...about 30 mins. from Plant Vogtle. We have 1 & 2 bedroom fully furnished apartments, and an on-site laundry facility. Small town safe atmosphere, walking distance to Post Office, Grocery Store, Restaurants, Gas, and Banks!

For more information or questions please contact:  Dave @ (912) 425-0162 or Email: devdharaproperties@gmail.com [Mention: Vogtle Housing]

Check out our website at www.facebook.com/devdharaproperties
Check out our video on youtube:

Offline Girard Cabin and RV

• Girard Cabins and lots for rent!
  • Very Lite User
  • Come get away in the country - 8 miles from Vogtle
« Reply #58 on: Jan 09, 2013, 12:52 »
DOGWOOD RV PARK
Campers for rent! 
Laundry, WiFi, Fishing
Clean, Comfortable and just 7.8 Miles from the Vogtle Site:

2965 Thompson Bridge Rd.
Waynesboro, Georgia, 30830

George Wike
864 616 2018

Trey Wike
864 915 5788

http://www.dogwoodrvpark.com/

Offline CoolShade

• Very Lite User
Plant Vogtle Lodging
« Reply #59 on: Jan 09, 2013, 02:37 »
We have a campground near the corner of River and Smith Road for Plant Vogtle workers. Every site is shaded, and we offer laundry, wireless internet and very private, roomy campsites. We are convenient to Vogtle, Waynesboro and less than a mile to the nearest store.

Come by and check us out!
We welcome all outage personnel also!

http://madeintheshadecampground.com/

D Melton 803-622-2080
dmelton1@sc.rr.com

wiesner1

Outage room mate
« Reply #60 on: Jan 14, 2013, 05:09 »
Looking for Vogtle outage room mate this spring (Feb 2013). Me: non smoker, female, not too picky about lodging. Thanks! Brenda

jhoward

« Reply #61 on: Feb 05, 2013, 04:00 »
If anyone has lodging information for this facility, please post it here.

Holiday Inn Gordon Hwy
2155 Gordon Hwy Augusta GA 30909  Ask for Jamie Howard
TEL @ 706.737-2323
FAX @ 706.737.0418

On site restaurant & lounge.
In close proximity to numerous other restaurants & entertainment areas.

Offline hotwing

• Very Lite User
« Reply #62 on: Feb 05, 2013, 05:05 »
I used to live in Aiken SC. and worked at SRS Site. if you stay in the Augusta area I HIGHLY recomend you stay on the North-North west side of the "city". Evans is a great place to stay, but the draw back is distance and price, but they have opened expressways through the center of the city to make it easier to get to the south side. BUY A MAP!!!! and remember the old addage,"you get what you pay for" no great deals in this city. I also recomend checking with apt housing for corperate rentals, good rates witha roomate if you can find them.-good luck and work safe!

Offline CoolShade

• Very Lite User
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2013, 04:34 »

We are glad to welcome the workers to our campground near Plant Vogtle.

Made in the Shade is the name and we accommodate all sizes of campers! We have Wireless and also Showers and washer dryers installing this week.

http://madeintheshadecampground.com/  check out our website or Call D Melton at 803-622-2080.

We have very private, shaded campsites near the plant and very convenient to Augusta and Waynesboro
Location)
(Across street from 4720 River Road for GPS Lookup)
Approximately 6 miles from Plant Vogtle
15 minutes from Waynesboro
Convenient to Augusta also
Full hookups with 30 and 50 amp Services at each site

Accommodate any size RV

1 mile from a convenient store

Offline RCOShane

• Lurker
« Reply #64 on: May 22, 2013, 11:07 »
Hello,
     My name is Shane Hawkins.  I run Hawkins RV park and Greg's Convenience store.  We are located about 1/4 mile from the construction entrance and about 1/2 mile from the operations entrance (you can walk to work).  We have spaces and campers available for rent.  We have 30 and 50 amp service.  A washer and dryer are provided at the park, for no extra charge.  We also have some 1 and 2 bedroom apartments closer to town.  If you're looking to buy, we can help you with your real estate needs, as well.
     On the property, with the RV park, there is a convenience store with full Kitchen, cold beer, Lottery, and most anything else you need.
     We will also be glad to cash your payroll check!

You can contact me (Shane) directly, at 706-360-2020, or the store at 706-554-4030.
« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2013, 08:01 by RCOShane »

Offline ghfulwood

• Lurker
« Reply #65 on: Jun 26, 2013, 10:02 »
 VOGTLE - OUTAGE OR UNITS 3 & 4; LIKE NEW 3/2 MH only $650 per month ($500.00 sec. dep) just 15 minutes from plant.  Union Member family owned.  Completely furnished including linens, dishes, washer/dryer, etc.  Just bring your clothes, toiletries, food, 1st month’s rent and security deposit.  On large wooded lot in Sardis, GA.  Renters must meet owner’s approval.  Owners will do month to month lease or longer...
     Rental is completely furnished; dishes, linens, furniture, washer/dryer, etc.  Renter must have utilities turned on.  Sardis has everything within a mile from this property (post office, grocery store, gas station, restaurant, Family/General Dollar Stores; Sardis also has its own local Police Department.  
     Owners prefer only two workers occupy rental.  You can talk to them about a third.  It would be perfect for a family as well.  Owner has other rentals in Sardis and they prefer plant workers (says they are always courteous, polite, they are hard workers and they pay on time) so save their contact information and/or share it with your brothers and sisters.  Do your rental business with a brother’s family!!!
     You really won’t be disappointed in this place!  Call Wiley Wooten at  478-569-9685  (H) or  706-551-0038  (C).
Property can be purchased; asking price is 35,000
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2013, 12:16 by ghfulwood »

Offline ghfulwood

• Lurker
« Reply #66 on: Jul 12, 2013, 12:19 »
3 Bed/2 Bath MOVE IN READY!!  Residence has hardwood floors, AC & Heating, Large Kitchen, and Front Porch, 2-Car Carport, attached to large Workshop.  This property is on 1/2 acre plus or minus.  This is a beautiful, extremely well kept place that is priced to sell at $98,000. Located in Sardis, GA, this property is approximately 15 minutes/17 miles from Plant Vogtle Nuclear Plant.  Augusta National Golf Club is only 50 miles away. Other acreage with residence may also be available. If interested contact: Wiley Wooten at 706-551-0038 or 478-569-9685.  Pictures available upon request.  It's a country showcase type residence...

Offline QCguy

• Light User
« Reply #67 on: Jan 06, 2014, 01:01 »
Stayed at Sardis Stables a couple of years ago.  Was an OK place, quiet, secure, clean.  Not really near anything, but then Vogtle isn't either.  Place is a converted school I think, classrooms turned into two bedroom, two bath apartments.  Thick doors and walls, no neighbor noise.  There is an posting for them dated about October, 2010, 1 page back.  What they do have:  2 queen beds, individual bathrooms, microwave, stove, refrigerator in a  kitchen/livingroom combo, so-so wireless, cable TV, older not much color tv, btw.  Table to eat on and about 4 chairs a couch and an armchair, lamps.  What you need to bring unless you get told explicitly otherwise:  Sheets, pillows, blankets, towels, washcloths, etc.  Silverware, pots & pans, skillet, dishcloths, paper towels, toilet paper,drinking glasses and coffee mugs, bright lightbulbs if you want to read a book, coffee pot, etc, etc.  Cost me about $150 for stuff from the local dollar store and a goodwill in Augusta, and the Walmart about 15 miles away.  Does have some coin operated washer/dryers.  Nice people in the area, it is right across the street from a pretty good restaurant<limited menu though and closes about 7:30-8 pm> and don't even think about a good Mexican joint closer than Waynesboro (I think the Mex place also has the only liquor license in the county if you want a shot>.  There is a package store on the way to the plant.  A small IGA across the street from the Stables with a good butcher shop and a bad selection of fruit and veggies. Post office is a few doors down, Sardis Stables will get mail for you.  They have quite a few RV spaces there in the back, but no shade trees or amenities and I think the apartments fill up pretty fast as outage approaches.  Good for a guy with a family or a pair traveling together, no price break if you are solo.  I'd probably opt for a motel room in Waynesboro if I could get one if I had to do it again, just to be near people and lights, but Sardis Stables is clean, safe, and basic.

WOCpm

« Reply #68 on: Feb 13, 2014, 10:41 »
RV spaces available at Whispering Oaks Community and RV Park in Waynesboro.
Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Annual rates available
more info available at http://homesandhavens.us

Offline Vogtle Housing

• Very Lite User
« Reply #69 on: May 23, 2014, 12:29 »
1 and 2 bedroom apartments, fully furnished with satellite and internet provided! Very nice apartments! We are located about 30 minutes from the plant, but there is no traffic and it is an easy drive. There are restaurants, public services, grocery stores and gas stations all within walking distance of our quiet neighborhood.

Call Stacy at (912)425-0162, email at devdharaproperties@gmail.com, or find us on facebook under Devdhara Properties for more information!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 12:30 by Vogtle Housing »

WOCpm

« Reply #70 on: Jun 03, 2014, 01:55 »
RV spaces available at Whispering Oaks Community and RV Park in Waynesboro.
Daily, Weekly, Monthly and Annual rates available
more info available at http://homesandhavens.us

3BR 2BA Mobile home on 1/4 acre lot now available at Whispering Oaks Community!
Call Tom at 803.624.2486 for a tour!

Offline jennsellshouses

• Lurker
« Reply #71 on: Jun 11, 2014, 05:04 »
Cute country home on an acre lot close to Plant Vogtle. 4 bedrooms/3 full bathrooms, almost 3000 sq ft! $144,900. Call or text Jennifer Huffman with Better Homes & Gardens Real Estate at 706-840-1302. http://www.trulia.com/property/3157142884-1351-McCoy-Rd-Augusta-GA-30906

Offline VogRVrenter

• Lurker
« Reply #72 on: Oct 06, 2014, 03:03 »
*** IMMEDIATE AVAILABILITY****!!!  My name is Sylvia Williams and I have RVs available for rent on River Rd close to Vogtle Nuclear Power plant.  They are all clean no smoking units.  Contact me at 1 706 664 0922  with any rental questions.

Offline gandl2123

• Lurker
Rental Property Campsite available
« Reply #73 on: Jan 01, 2015, 02:56 »
I have just purchased a piece of property that is near hwy 56 and Liberty Church Rd. area.  It is a wooded half acre and very private.  Completely fenced in and has a 15 x 48 ft concrete elevated pad to park an RV on.  It has electrical hook up and sewer and water to the property.  I'm asking $300.00 a month to park there and or $10.00 a day.  We will work something out for the utilities.  You can make it semi permanent (months if you desire) and you can turn on the electricity or I will.  Please let me know if you are interested and I will show you the property.

Driveway enters off of the road to a 2 to 3 hundred yard driveway back in the woods and up on a nice little plateau for you to park your RV, Camper, Travel Trailer on or you can simply pitch a tent if you need to.  Lite a campfire, roast marsh mellows and or just make it your home as long as you need it.  Call Greg at 706-825-7180 in Augusta, GA. to meet and or look at the property.

Offline RCOShane

• Lurker
« Reply #74 on: Apr 27, 2015, 07:23 »
I wanted to let everyone know that we recently added an additional 18 RV spaces and still have a few available.  At $300 and month with utilities included, you can't beat this.  Traffic has become a major problem, but we have the solution.  Instead of spending a couple of hours a day in stop & go traffic, come stay with us.  You simply can't get any closer than we are.

Hello,
     My name is Shane Hawkins.  I run Hawkins RV park and Greg's Convenience store.  We are located about 1/4 mile from the construction entrance and about 1/2 mile from the operations entrance (you can walk to work).  We have spaces and campers available for rent.  We have 30 and 50 amp service.  We also have some 1 and 2 bedroom apartments closer to town.  If you're looking to buy, we can help you with your real estate needs, as well.
     On the property, with the RV park, there is a convenience store with full Kitchen, cold beer, Lottery, and most anything else you need.
     We will also be glad to cash your payroll check!

You can contact me (Shane) directly, at 706-360-2020, or the store at 706-554-4030.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?