Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Vogtle - Lodging  

Author Topic: Vogtle - Lodging  (Read 128681 times)

Duchess

Re: Plant Vogtle-Help!Where do I live?
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2010, 07:31 »
Vogtle is in the country. If you want to live near a mall or lots of store, then be prepared for a long drive to work every day.

Or you can live in the country, like around Waynesboro, and drive on your day off to the stores.

Are there many rentals/leases (houses/apts/etc) near Waynesboro?  I can't really find any online listings for rental properties south of Hepzibah.  I plan to contact a realtor or just drive around looking for "For Rent" signs.

EDIT:  Maybe I should have used the search function.  There are a ton of answers to my question here: http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,12481.0.html
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 08:56 by Duchess »

Offline cairnit

• Moderate User
  • I love my job........
Re: Vogtle - Lodging
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2010, 12:18 »
Here is the link to the newspaper classifieds for the Waynesboro, GA. area.

http://www.thetruecitizen.com/COMMON/classifieds/

Offline cairnit

• Moderate User
  • I love my job........
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2010, 12:20 »
Here is the link to the newspaper classifieds for the Waynesboro, Ga. area

http://www.thetruecitizen.com/COMMON/classifieds/

kuntry bumpkin

« Reply #28 on: Jun 16, 2010, 09:19 »
Hello my name is Faron Hayes my brother Jerry and I are owners of the BIG-OAKS R.V-SPACES we are located on hwy 56 only 10 miles from plant vogtle and 5 MILE from downtown Waynesboro and 26 miles from downtown Augusta the sites are very secluded and off-road. shady and very quiet.also available is a laundrey area with a shower and bath unit for guest.for more information please call Debbie at 706-871-2325.

Duchess

« Reply #29 on: Jun 18, 2010, 07:03 »
I just spent about a week house hunting near Augusta.  I drove to the site from Waynesboro, Hephzibah, Grovetown, Evans, and North Augusta during weekday morning commute traffic.  I drove about 5 MPH over the speed limit and ended up with the following commute times.

Waynesboro ~ 30 Minutes
Hephzibah ~ 45 Minutes
Evans ~ 65 Minutes
Grovetown ~ 40 Minutes
North Augusta ~ 60 Minutes

I think I'll probably go with Grovetown.  It seemed like it had the best commute/convenience ratio.  There was a good bit of traffic associated with FT Gordon but it was usually going the opposite direction during my drive to the plant.

Hephzibah was a shorter commute but the drive was on a lot of slower two lane roads.

Duchess

« Reply #30 on: Jun 24, 2010, 02:22 »
I'm looking for a motel in Augusta for just a few nights. It would be nice if it was near Augusta Tech.

Any suggestions?

I stayed at the Comfort Inn at 2121 Noland Connector Augusta, GA 30909 when I interviewed with Southern at Augusta Tech.  It's a decent hotel and only a few minutes to Augusta Tech.  There are several other hotels near the Comfort Inn (share a parking lot) that you might like as well.

broxton6

« Reply #31 on: Jun 26, 2010, 10:46 »
Hello my name is Faron Hayes my brother Jerry and I are owners of the BIG-OAKS R.V-SPACES we are located on hwy 56 only 10 miles from plant vogtle and 5 MILE from downtown Waynesboro and 26 miles from downtown Augusta the sites are very secluded and off-road. shady and very quiet.also available is a laundrey area with a shower and bath unit for guest.for more information please call Debbie at 706-871-2325.
prices are 300.00 month per lot includes water and power, one camper for rent for 400.00 per month includes power and water,sleeps 6

FaronH

BIG OAK RV SITE
« Reply #32 on: Jul 10, 2010, 04:55 »
Big Oak RV Site is located on Hwy 56 approximately 6 miles from Waynesboro , 20 miles from Augusta, and 10 miles from Plant Vogtle. The lots are shady and equipped  with full hook ups. Washer, dryer, and shower are available on site. Any size RV can be accommodated. Major shopping, restaurants and services are easily accessible from this quiet and spacious country living spot. One camper is also available.
For more info contact Debbie at 706-871-2325
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2010, 04:57 by FaronH »

lesjenkins

« Reply #33 on: Oct 18, 2010, 11:34 »
Plant Vogtle Housing!!  Sardis Stables Apartments & RV Park is located in Sardis, Ga...15 min. from Plant Vogtle. We have 1 & 2 bedroom fully furnished apartments and a 50 site RV Park, full service with bathhouse and laundry facilities. Fully fenced 10 acre complex. Small town atmosphere, walking distance to Post Office, Grocery Store, Restaurants, Gas, and Bank! Check out our website at www.sardisapartments.com, contact Les @ 706-871-8116, lesjenkins5085@aol.com, or Janice Morris Realty in Waynesboro, Ga @ 706-437-8800.
« Last Edit: Oct 18, 2010, 11:47 by lesjenkins »

PJW

« Reply #34 on: Jan 13, 2011, 02:33 »
I have to second staying at Sardis Stables.  I'm currently a Vogtle employee and resident in one of the apartments and they are quite nice.  It's furnished with everything you need except you do have to bring your own linens and dishes.  It's across the street from a grocery store, restaurant, gas station, post office, etc. 

There are lots of RV parks around Vogtle but this one is in a small town and not in the middle of a farmer's field and has access to the places above.  Also it is within a fenced area so it feels safer to me. 

broxton6

BIG OAKS RV SITE
« Reply #35 on: Feb 25, 2011, 08:12 »
Nice quiet wooded area for your camper! Electric and water included. Internet access and cable ready! We only have three spots available at this time so don't wait. Home cooked meals available on site at request. These spots are shady and spacious. Access to washer and dryer also available with laundry done at request. Looking forward to seeing you! Please call Debbie at 706-871-2325. If for some reason there is no answer please leave a message and I will call you back! Located on Hwy 56, close to Plant Vogtle.

Offline Vogtle Housing

• Very Lite User
« Reply #36 on: Mar 09, 2011, 09:41 »
Hello!

I'm a local developer in Sylvania, GA. I have a few apartments for rent available. The apartments are 30 miles from Plant Vogtle with a straight drive to the plant (hardly any traffic).

I currently have BRAND NEW 1B/1B furnished/unfurnished apartments available. 2B/1B apartments will be available soon! Water, Garbage, & Sewer included in rent!!!Appliances are INCLUDED in all apartments.  ;D  Private Laundry Facility ON-SITE!   ;)

The apartments are perfectly located in a safe & peaceful area; 1/2 mile to City Center (walking distance to grocery store, restaurants, gas station/convenience stores, post office, school, church, city hall, etc.) Sylvania is an avg size town. We have McDonald's, Subway, Pizza Hut, Deli, Chinese and Southern/Country restaurants. There is also a mall and a regional library.. to mention some. Statesboro (Georgia Southern University - 30 miles away) & Savannah & Hilton Head, S.C. (is just 60 miles away).

I also have a 2B/1B house located about 20 miles from Plant Vogtle. The house is on 1 acre land and a utility/garage is also included. The house is located directly across a big gas station/convenience store! Excellent location!!! This property is available for Rent or SALE!

For more information or questions please contact:  Dave @ (912) 425-0161 or email: devdharaproperties@gmail.com [Mention: Vogtle Housing]

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #37 on: Apr 01, 2011, 12:58 »
Stayed at the old Days Inn in Waynesboro, now the Liberty Inn. 348.00 per week.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

john boy

« Reply #38 on: Apr 10, 2011, 07:33 »
14.5 acres bordering millhaven plantation. Approximantley 30 min from plant vogtle. Has about 3.5 acres of tree with about a 2 1/2 acre pond. The property has 3 houses on it. One is a 2bedroom one bath mobile home. There is also another two bedroom 1 bath mobile home. The third home is a 2100sq ft double wide 5bdrm 2 bath. It has a 1200sqft metal shop, a 400sq ft storage building/walk in cooler. there is also a 5hp well at the pond. This property would be a great place for you to live and be able to rent the other homes out  the place would actually pay for itself. please serious inquires only. reply through email if your interested.      auntbee401@yahoo.com

Ross

« Reply #39 on: Jul 30, 2011, 10:10 »
My name is Ross Kight and have a spacious 2007 40ft camper for rent in Sardis, only 15 miles from Vogtle. WI-FI included, fenced-in secluded RV lot. Sleep up to three comfortably. Call 912-667-3771

Offline Vogtle Housing

• Very Lite User
« Reply #40 on: Aug 16, 2011, 01:25 »
Hello!

I'm a local developer in Sylvania, GA. I currently have one bedroom apartments for rent available. The apartments are just 30 min. to Plant Vogtle with a straight drive to the plant (hardly any traffic).

I currently have BRAND NEW 1 bedroom/ 1bathroom furnished/unfurnished apartments available. 2B/1B apartments will be available soon! Appliances are INCLUDED in all apartments. Private Laundry Facility ON-SITE! Easy move-in feature.. the apartments are very nice with hardwood floors and new carpet along with beautiful furniture. High-speed internet and dish-network satellite TV available. Just bring your clothes and dishes.. its as easy as that! CALL TODAY!!!  :)

The apartments are perfectly located in a safe & peaceful area; 1/2 mile to City Center (walking distance to grocery store, restaurants, gas station/convenience stores, post office, school, church, city hall, etc.) Sylvania is an avg size town. We have McDonald's, Subway, Pizza Hut, Deli, Chinese and Southern/Country restaurants. There is also a mini-mall and a regional library.. to mention some. Statesboro (Georgia Southern University - 30 miles away) & Savannah & Hilton Head, S.C. (is just 60 miles away).

For more information or questions please contact:  Dave @ (912) 425-0162 or email: devdharaproperties@gmail.com [Mention: Vogtle Housing]

Check out our video on youtube:
« Last Edit: Sep 20, 2011, 04:57 by Vogtle Housing »

Offline Vogtle Housing

• Very Lite User
« Reply #41 on: Sep 20, 2011, 05:05 »
LUXURIOUS 1 BEDROOM APARTMENTS FOR RENT!!! .. Just 30 min. to Plant Vogtle with a straight drive to the plant (hardly any traffic).

I currently have BRAND NEW 1 bedroom/ 1bathroom furnished apartments available. Appliances are INCLUDED in all apartments. Private Coin-Laundry Facility ON-SITE! Easy move-in feature.. the apartments are very nice with hardwood floors and new carpet along with beautiful furniture. High-speed internet and dish-network satellite TV included. Just bring your clothes and dishes.. its as easy as that! CALL TODAY!!! 

The apartments are perfectly located in a safe & peaceful area; 1/2 mile to City Center (walking distance to grocery store, restaurants, gas station/convenience stores, post office, school, church, city hall, etc.) Sylvania is an avg size town. We have McDonald's, Subway, Pizza Hut, Deli, Chinese and Southern/Country restaurants. There is also a mini-mall and a regional library.. to mention some. Statesboro (Georgia Southern University - 30 miles away) & Savannah & Hilton Head, S.C. (is just 60 miles away).

For more information or questions please contact:  Dave @ (912) 425-0162 or email: devdharaproperties@gmail.com [Mention: Vogtle Housing]

Check out our video on youtube:

Offline Vogtle Housing

• Very Lite User
« Reply #42 on: Sep 20, 2011, 07:20 »
2 BEDROOM/1 BATHROOM APARTMENT FOR RENT!!! .. Just 30 min. to Plant Vogtle with a straight drive to the plant (hardly any traffic).

I currently have one 2 bedroom/1bathroom unfurnished apartment available. Refrigerator and Stove are INCLUDED in the apartment. Private Coin-Laundry Facility ON-SITE! Easy move-in feature.

The apartment is perfectly located in a safe & peaceful area; 1/2 mile to City Center (walking distance to grocery store, restaurants, gas station/convenience stores, post office, school, church, city hall, etc.) Sylvania is an avg size town. We have McDonald's, Subway, Pizza Hut, Deli, Chinese and Southern/Country restaurants. There is also a mini-mall and a regional library.. to mention some. Statesboro (Georgia Southern University - 30 miles away) & Savannah & Hilton Head, S.C. (is just 60 miles away).

For more information or questions please contact:  Dave @ (912) 425-0162 or email: devdharaproperties@gmail.com [Mention: Vogtle Housing - 2 bdrm.]

Lookaway Inn

« Reply #43 on: Oct 06, 2011, 06:29 »
Lookaway Inn - Hotel Near Plant Vogtle

Great Inn overlooking Augusta, GA with complimentary wireless internet, cable, and parking. Newly renovated rooms and meeting space. Rates from $99 a night, mention VOGTLE and receive 10% off your stay.

Visit www.lookawayinnsc.com to view the Inn and gather more information. Call (803)426-1030

Offline trollarc

• Light User
« Reply #44 on: Dec 26, 2011, 01:48 »
I'm in the same boat as well. There just isn't any place close to the plant (maybe by design). I certainly like North Augusta best. That will be an hour's drive it looks like. You can get used to anything I suppose.
Isn't living in a different state then where you work a nightmare as far as taxes go?
I am looking into living in the area. I thought evans would be a good choice, I was just wondering if there is a reason to go to north augusta instead.
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2011, 02:06 by trollarc »

Offline CoolShade

• Very Lite User
« Reply #45 on: Feb 09, 2012, 03:53 »
There is a great new campground opening up in about 3 weeks. Has shaded campsites and about 6 miles from the plant on River Road.
If you need info the guy in charge is Dee Melton 803-622-2080. This place is gorgeous if you want to use your camper.

katboy

« Reply #46 on: Feb 10, 2012, 10:22 »
Live in one and rent the other!  I have just listed a property for sale about 15 miles from Plant Vogtle and 4 miles from Waynesboro.  Two homes sit on 1.55 acres. The first is a 3 bedroom 1 bath brick with new roof, new insulated windows, updated bath, fresh paint, large deck and above ground pool.  The second is a 1998 Sweetwater Manufactured home on a permanent foundation.  Both are completely surrounded with chain link fence. Peaceful and quiet but yet convenient to town.  Three storage buildings, a two car carport and a shed are all included with this property. You can view the virtual tour http://www.visualtour.com/show.asp?t=2688947&prt=10003.  Please don't hesitate to contact me at Century21 Jeff Keller Realty 2448 Lumpkin Road Augusta, GA 30906, email: kathy.boykin@century21.com, office phone: 706-796-0106 or cell: 912-978-1632.  For other properties in the area visit my website at www.c21jk-kb.com
« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2012, 10:24 by katboy »

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #47 on: Feb 13, 2012, 11:03 »
better look to offer/seek long term lodging.  The combined license got signed last weak.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

katboy

« Reply #48 on: Feb 21, 2012, 09:46 »
Here is a link to the True Citizen Waynesboro Newspaper for those looking for lodging in the Plant Vogtle area.
http://www.thetruecitizen.com/marketplace/real%20estate?publisher=truecitizen&filter=real_estate&Sort=decsize

Offline CoolShade

• Very Lite User
« Reply #49 on: Feb 25, 2012, 10:50 »
 :) Good News

We are opening a campsite with amenities and large shaded sites in two weeks. Look at our before you commit. We have a sign up and
a website http://shadyoakscampgrounds.com/

Call Dee Melton 803-622-2080.  We are on the corner of River Road and Smith Road about 6 miles from the plant. We are on the way to Augusta and near Waynesboro. About a mile from a convenience store but we also have very large, very private campsites.

Check us out! Thanks

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?