Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Watts Bar - Lodging honeypot

Author Topic: Watts Bar - Lodging  (Read 99770 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Watts Bar - Lodging
« on: Dec 01, 2002, 12:40 »
If anyone has lodging information for this facility, please post it here.

Try checking out the Spring City Motel in Spring City Tennessee. Good people...Bob and Alberta Bowker, and clean rooms for a decent weekly rate.  
"Lakeside Resort" which is about 18 miles from Watts Bar. Family owned (nice people) - private area over looking part of the lake - very quiet. I have a sitting room - separate bedroom and a large refrigerator - laundry on site - bottom line $90.00 a week. Depending on the unit it can go to $135.00. They also have double units etc - not sure of the price. The number is 423-365-9521 ask for Gary or Connie
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2005, 04:45 by Camella Black »

Surveyors_mato

Re: Watts Bar - Lodging
« Reply #1 on: Oct 14, 2004, 09:36 »
Closest after all else fails is The Colonial Inn in Soddy Daisy. Small But ok for outage and near store and Food. Next is Red BANK near Chat. town

Offline Atomic Frog

• Sr HP Tech
  • Moderate User
  • Ribit!! Ribit!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2005, 08:40 »
Campgrounds

Dayton

Bluewater Campground
220 Blue Water Campground Road, 37321
Phone: 423.775.3265

Eden Marina
653 Scenic Lakeview Dr., 37321
Phone: 423.365.6929

Spring City

Arrowhead Resort, Marina and Campground
261 Bennett Dr., 37381
Phone: 423.365.6484

Cedine Bible Camp
333 Cedine Camp Road, 37381-6132
Phone: 423.365.9565

Red Cloud Campgrounds
1408 Groover Road, 37381
Phone: 423.365.5572

Hotels/Motels

Dayton

Best Western
7835 Rhea County Hwy., 37321
Phone: 423.775.6560

Days Inn
3914 Rhea County Hwy., 37321
Phone: 423.570.9717

Kelly's Motel
4187 Rhea County Hwy., 37321
Phone: 423.775.1181

Spring City

Spring City Motel
22514 Rhea County Hwy., 37381

Toestring Cottages
2296 Toestring Valley Road, 37381
Phone: 800.851.1656

Resorts

Spring City

Arrowhead Resort
261 Bennett Dr., 37381
Phone: 423.365.6484

Lakeside Resort
1190 Whites Creek Road
Phone: 423.365.9521

Rhea Harbor Resort & Marina
385 Lakeshire Dr., 37381
Phone: 423.365.6851

Watts Bar

Watts Bar Resort
6767 Hwy. 68, 37395
Phone: 800.365.9598

Bed and Breakfasts

Dayton

Magnolia House Bed & Breakfast
656 Market St., 37321
Phone: 423.775.9288

Hope this Helps

FROG
« Last Edit: Sep 13, 2007, 08:02 by RDTroja »
It is not MY fault that I never learned to accept responsibility.- Homer J. Simpson

I bet Einstein turned himself into all sorts of colors before he invented the light bulb.- Homer J. Simpson

Baker

« Reply #3 on: Sep 12, 2007, 07:17 »
Check out Sam's Boat Dock.  It is within 5 miles of Watts Bar Dam. We offer cabin rentals and full service RV sites.  All the conveniences needed are within walking distance at Ten Mile, TN:  restaurant, bank, post office, laundramat, convenience store, etc.  Give us a call or check out our Web site: samsboatdock.com.

Sam's Boat Dock
Cabins, Campground and Marina
322 Sam's Boat Dock Rd.
Ten Mile, TN 37880
423-334-5620
Email: samsboatdock@bellsouth.net
« Last Edit: Sep 13, 2007, 08:03 by RDTroja »

flynow1

« Reply #4 on: Sep 27, 2007, 09:40 »
I have a very nice 4 bedroom home in Spring City that will be for rent in about 1 month or so. Plese e-mail me for details.
thx

Cottonport Landing

« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2008, 01:22 »
Cottonport Landing RV Park is open year round!!

Full hook up sites or water and electric only!!  Free pumpout service available. 

General Store - groceries, laundromat, full service restaurant serving breakfast, lunch & dinner, bar, gasoline.

Only 23 miles from Watts Bar Nuclear Power Plant.

423-334-4999 - still have openings!!!

eagle

« Reply #6 on: Feb 15, 2008, 09:24 »

I can't find how to get in and post lodging information on this site.  We have numerous properties available for rent, furnished or unfurnished, utilities included or not, about 28 units withing 3 miles from the plant, 10 houses in Spring City and condo's about 40 minutes from the plant.
We currently have about 20 renters here for the outage and all seem to be very pleased with their accomadations.  Please help me figure out how to post our contact information so that anyone coming for the Unit 2 project can contact us.  Thank you, JoAnn for Spring City Rentals

Try checking out the Spring City Motel in Spring City Tennessee. Good people...Bob and Alberta Bowker, and clean rooms for a decent weekly rate.  
"Lakeside Resort" which is about 18 miles from Watts Bar. Family owned (nice people) - private area over looking part of the lake - very quiet. I have a sitting room - separate bedroom and a large refrigerator - laundry on site - bottom line $90.00 a week. Depending on the unit it can go to $135.00. They also have double units etc - not sure of the price. The number is 423-365-9521 ask for Gary or Connie

Modified to accurately reflect Mr. Rennhack's quote.  HC
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2008, 09:29 by HoneyComb »

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 2008, 10:40 »

I can't find how to get in and post lodging information on this site.  We have numerous properties available for rent, furnished or unfurnished, utilities included or not, about 28 units withing 3 miles from the plant, 10 houses in Spring City and condo's about 40 minutes from the plant.
We currently have about 20 renters here for the outage and all seem to be very pleased with their accomadations.  Please help me figure out how to post our contact information so that anyone coming for the Unit 2 project can contact us.  Thank you, JoAnn for Spring City Rentals

All you have to do is what you've already done just include your contact information.  You're in the correct forum & thread to do so.  Thanks in advance for getting that information on here and best of luck.

Welcome to Nukeworker!

Tom
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2008, 11:45 »
Hello,

Starting up at Watts Bar for U2 Restart. New to the area and I am looking for an available 1 bedroom apt close to the plant between $400-$550 /mth. Any replys are welcome. Thank you

Check with "Country Heaven TN" on this same thread. Apartment over garage would meet your stated needs. Not a lot of traditional apartments near the plant, so this type would be the closest fit.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Watts Bar Grill-n-Chill

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 10:35 »
WATTS BAR GRILL-N-CHILL  Located 2 miles from Watts Bar Dam on Watts Bar Hwy/Hwy 68.  We have a brand new RV Park with 40 sites that feature a 30 and 50 amp Power Pedestal with an additional 110 volt outlet, water, sewage disposal, and security.  Also on the property is the new WATTS BAR GRILL-N-CHILL RESTAURANT serving 3 meals per day and it is Home of the 6am Happy Hour with daily specials. The GRILL-CHILL has 20 new flat screen televisions, pool table, dart boards, outdoor patio, live entertainment weekly, dine-in, take out, or delivery of food, and always friendly service.  A new laundromat is adjacent to the restaurant for our 40 RV Guests as a do-it-yourself or full laundry services are available. We look forward to seeing you soon!   visit us on the web:  www.wattsbargrillnchill.com or call 423-544-2464  for RV Site lease information.

Ed C.

« Reply #10 on: Jul 25, 2008, 03:05 »
Watts Bar workers:
Would you like to live less than 4 miles from Unit 2?
Would you like to roll out of bed and be at work in a few minutes?
Would you like to save time and gas commuting to work?

We currently have a large, clean, newly remodeled 2Bd/1Bath Mobile home with new hardwood floors.

Another 3bd/2 bath will be available after the 2nd week in August.

More 2 & 3 bedroom units will be coming available. Lease options

Feel free to call frequently for availabilities.
Call Property manager at 423 285-3298.

« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2008, 03:10 by Ed C. »

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #11 on: Jul 26, 2008, 10:34 »
Here is a new RV park for those interested:

Creek View RV Park is brand new and located only 1 mile from Watts Bar Nuclear! Hookups available and water/sewer and electric are included for $375 per month. Owned and operated by local 175 union member. Contact Shawn for details. 423-618-3064

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #12 on: Jul 27, 2008, 07:12 »
I am going to Watts Bar this week for job interviews.  My wife is coming along so we can scope out the area.  My contact in Watts Bar recommends the Kingston/West Knoxville area.  My on-line search showed such a wide range of places I thought I'd ask the forum here for their input. 

I am looking to buy a house.  I would like something with some wide open space.  Both my kids are out of high school, so school's not an issue.  I'm looking for a reasonable commute for me, but close enough to the city that my wife will not have too far to drive to work/shopping.  She's a supervisor at a credit union and enjoys the banking business, so she'd like to stay in banking, if possible.

Any recommended areas would be greatly appreciated.  TVA has recommended Knoxville or Chatanooga as great places to live.  I don't think I'll have time to scope out both areas so any ideas on how to narrow the search would be great. 

Derek
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

Fermi2

« Reply #13 on: Jul 27, 2008, 07:21 »
I prefer Chattanooga to just about anywhere in the state. If I were you I'd look around Dayton which is a little bit south of Watts Bar.

Mike

LDO4CNO

« Reply #14 on: Jul 27, 2008, 08:19 »
Derek,

I am looking hard at TVA.  I recently went through the area, spent a few days and looked at some houses.  The entire area is wonderful.  I found Watts bar lake to be very appealing.  The East side of the lake seemed more appealing to me.  A little more remote, close to work yet close to Kingston, etc.  The waterfront places on the east side seemed to have larger lots than what I found on the west.  It all looks great!  Good Luck let us know how it works out.   Most people I know getting offers from TVA, are taking them.  There must be something great about that little valley.

See http://livingchoices.com/detail.aspx?LID=101-538056664&refer=homegain&sid=11B6623129B2

JB

S3GLMS

« Reply #15 on: Jul 28, 2008, 11:18 »
I worked for TVA at Watts Barr for 2 and half years.  It is really a nice area.  I lived across the river near Sweetwater,TN south of Knoxville on I-75.  If want more info about the plant or the area PM me.

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
  • Don't worry about the mule just load the wagon!
« Reply #16 on: Jul 28, 2008, 01:31 »
Athens is a nice community too.  It's about 18-19 miles from the plant depending on which side of town your on.  Pretty much smack dab in between Chattanooga and Knoxville on I-75.  I lived there for about 4 yrs the first time I worked at Watts Bar.  I guess there are about 12-15k people roughly for the Athens population.  Everything you need right there. 
I used to be a lifeguard until some blue kid got me fired.

Rahrah

« Reply #17 on: Aug 02, 2008, 03:05 »
Derek,
Since you know Watts Bar is about the same distance from Knoxville and Chattanooga and they are both apx. the same size it just depends on what you want in the city.  Knoxville has the sports, Chattanooga has more on the riverfront ( art, restaurants, shops) I prefer Chattanooga, and I've lived in Athens over 20 years. Both cities are growing towards each other so that's helpful.
Good luck,

Ruth

djburns

« Reply #18 on: Aug 15, 2008, 11:36 »
Lodging available as close as 5 minutes to project
go to www.springcityrentals.com
everything from RV's to executive homes
Call Roy - 727-423-1385

cocoa

« Reply #19 on: Sep 10, 2008, 09:37 »
New house for Rent 1 mile from WB Entrance!!  Fully furnished and Ready to move in! $150/week/2 renters min. NON-SMOKING  For More info Call  423-488-5258

CB

« Reply #20 on: Oct 29, 2008, 12:42 »
If your're looking for a peaceful, family friendly location just minutes from the Watts Bar plant, then check out SAM'S BOAT DOCK in Ten Mile, TN (just off Hwy 304 N in Meigs County, TN).

SAM'S offers fully furnished & equipped cabins & mobile homes and a quiet campground with full hookups and "breathing room."  Our bath-house has been recently renovated with ceramic tile interiors...cleanliness is a must!

Within walking distance of Sam's Boat Dock are restaurants, markets, a post office, a bank, auto mechanic's shop, marine shop w/gas station, and a video store. 

Spend your spare time fishing from the docks for bass, crappie & catfish or just enjoying the view.  Join us for an occasional cookout or a "pot luck" dinner in our beautifully furnished clubhouse overlooking Watts Bar Lake.  Ladies will feel right at home!

Check our website:  www.samsboatdock.com
Email us:  samsboatdock@bellsouth.net
Call us:  423-334-5620
OR just stop by:  322 Sam's Boat Dock Rd., Ten Mile, TN 37880

Looking forward to hearing from you.  Have a GREAT day!!

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
« Reply #21 on: Dec 02, 2008, 08:22 »
If your're looking for a peaceful, family friendly location just minutes from the Watts Bar plant, then check out SAM'S BOAT DOCK in Ten Mile, TN (just off Hwy 304 N in Meigs County, TN).

SAM'S offers fully furnished & equipped cabins & mobile homes and a quiet campground with full hookups and "breathing room."  Our bath-house has been recently renovated with ceramic tile interiors...cleanliness is a must!

Within walking distance of Sam's Boat Dock are restaurants, markets, a post office, a bank, auto mechanic's shop, marine shop w/gas station, and a video store. 

Spend your spare time fishing from the docks for bass, crappie & catfish or just enjoying the view.  Join us for an occasional cookout or a "pot luck" dinner in our beautifully furnished clubhouse overlooking Watts Bar Lake.  Ladies will feel right at home!

Check our website:  www.samsboatdock.com
Email us:  samsboatdock@bellsouth.net
Call us:  423-334-5620
OR just stop by:  322 Sam's Boat Dock Rd., Ten Mile, TN 37880

Looking forward to hearing from you.  Have a GREAT day!!

I just arrived in TN from CT.  I report to Watts Bar 8DEC.  My wife and I are looking for a place to stay while we find and finance a home.  We tried to find a place at Sam's, but were turned down because of our dog.  Despite this disappointment I still highly recommend Sam's to anyone looking for quality lodging.  Even though the owners couldn't rent us a place, they went out of their way to help us find an alternate place to stay.  They gave us a tour of the boat dock and a tour of the surrounding area.  They are truly great people.  If the rest of the people we meet in TN are half as nice we'll know we made the right choice by coming to TN. 

Derek Murray
« Last Edit: Dec 03, 2008, 04:23 by subnukederek »
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

craneguy

« Reply #22 on: Dec 09, 2008, 04:27 »
I have a nice 3 bed house for sale in Dayton. It about 13 miles from the plant.
It has lake access and is in a very pretty area.
I bought it when I was on the unit 1 SGR.
Due to the economy and having 2 mortgages, we recently lowered the price to rock bottom. It's basically at what I owe on the mortgage plus the agents comission.

If anyone is interested, please email me at craneguy(at)gmail.com for more information.
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2008, 04:31 by craneguy »

sandy198423

« Reply #23 on: Mar 12, 2009, 10:24 »
Hello Everyone:
           I am moving to Tennessee from Houston and will be reporting on site on March 23rd. Its a long term assignment so I will be probably looking at staying there for more then an year. I am single and 24 yrs old. I am looking at places that are close to Knoxville or Chattanooga. I have been slightly inclined to Dayton, Sweet water, Kingston. Do any of you have any suggestions for a good apartments in these areas or any of the areas close to the  cities (But not too far away from plant- 30 mins commute is good). If you have any suggestions please do share. Thank you all guys for ur help.

Regards
Kart

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
« Reply #24 on: Mar 13, 2009, 05:01 »
I live in Athens.  It's halfway between Knoxville and Chattanooga, easy access to I-75, and about 30 minutes from the site. 

http://www.rentals.com/Tennessee/Athens/

Good Luck

DM
T. Roosevelt

CB

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2009, 12:45 »
If you're looking for a peaceful, convenient place to stay while working at Watts Bar, come visit Sam's Boat Dock in Ten Mile, TN.  Just a five minute drive from the plant, Sam's offers long term mobile home rentals and RV sites.  All of our mobile homes are fully furnished and include cable TV, decks and gas grills.  Fish off the docks, relax in the Club House and join us for an occasional "home cooked" meal!  We are within walking distance to restaurants, Southeast Bank, US Post Office, grocery stores and much more...and we're open all year round.  Visit our website: www.samsboatdock.com or just drop by...we'd love to show you around.  Directions:  take Hwy 68 to Hwy 304 North.  Turn left and go 2.5 miles.  Watch for the big yellow Sam's Boat Dock sign and turn left.  The office is located across the road from the marina.

Sam's Boat Dock
322 Sam's Boat Dock
Ten Mile, TN 37880
423-334-5620
Email: samsboatdock@bellsouth.net

ps3081

Watts Bar Lodging
« Reply #26 on: Aug 09, 2009, 05:48 »
Does anyone have any updated info on Watts Bar?
Drove through there today, and most listed places have closed.
Any info is appreciated!
« Last Edit: Aug 09, 2009, 05:50 by ps3081 »

Offline Phurst

• NRRPT-HPT
  • Very Heavy User
  • One in a row!
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2010, 10:10 »
To echo the previous poster, I am headed that way in a few weeks. Any up date on Lodging?
Today is the best day of my life! HSIITBS!

'For the quality of owning freezes you forever into "I" and cuts you off forever from the "we". - Steinbeck

S. Hughes

« Reply #28 on: Jun 29, 2010, 09:06 »
My girlfriends' Mom has a teeny rental in Lenoir City. Her tenant works WBN, but is moving out. (after checking) Is it poor form to advertise here (and finding it is ok..)

This place is in decent shape. It's a detached building. Small. Full bathroom, connected kitchen / living area. Television with satellite, heat and air, you can enjoy the view and your coffee looking out the window over the sink...

It's a fairly quiet area, you can sort of hear the interstate occasionally, but neighbors keep to themselves, and her family are decent people.

I am told it isn't too awfully bad a drive.

I built them a website with pics prior to the last guy living there, but that's been a LONG time. I'll try to find it, though.

Interested people can email jenkinsshed@gmail.com  for more.

Thanks in advance,

Shawn
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2010, 03:32 by S. Hughes »

Cedar Point RV Park

« Reply #29 on: Sep 06, 2010, 06:37 »
We've got a couple Lake-side RV spots available, if anyone is interested.  Most agree it's the nicest Park around.  You can give me a shout at 423-650-9468.  Or email CedarPointRV@gmail.com

Our Park is only 5 miles from Watts Bar Nuclear.

Directions
Just leave Watts Bar and continue on Hwy 68 towards Spring City for 5 miles
Turn Right onto Wolf Creek Road
Go 0.2 miles and the RV Park is on the Left behind Wolf Creek Baptist Church

Amenities include:     Electric (20,30,50)     Water/Sewer   Free Wi-Fi Internet   Laundry Room  Large Outdoor Pavilion

You can check out our pictures at http://www.flickr.com/photos/cedarpointrv
Most of these pictures are from May, before we finished the park and our RVers moved in.  But it'll give you an idea.

Offline butchclark

• Very Lite User
« Reply #30 on: Jan 16, 2011, 06:25 »

Offline butchclark

• Very Lite User
lodging Watts bar
« Reply #31 on: Jan 16, 2011, 06:40 »
Very nice..clean 3 bedroom lake home for rent to Watts bar professionals......7 minutes from work,,,,,,,5 minutes from 8 restaurants....Private boat dock,,,,,1 level,,2100 square ft.....Fully furnished....call B Clark 615-415-8419 for rates.

Next to Marina with a grill and bar.......Nice location----Private//located at end of road.....at lake
« Last Edit: Jan 16, 2011, 10:46 by butchclark »

butch

« Reply #32 on: Aug 28, 2011, 12:09 »
I have a 3 bedroom, 2.5 bath home on the lake. 7 minutes from the plant.
Very clean....minutes from town.....
You can view more info @ http://lakehousevacations.com/page-5987.html

Thanks
Butch 615 415 8419

whistlestopinn

« Reply #33 on: Nov 26, 2011, 09:52 »
The Whistle Stop Inn is 5 minutes from Watts Bar plant. Weekly or long term rentals. No lease. No security deposit. $115-$125 per week.

5 large, brand new, fully furnished rooms with comfortable beds, cable TV, Internet, desk, closet.

Rent includes:  all utilities, cable, internet, washer & dryer, free parking.

Common areas:  Kitchen, living room, 2 full baths.

Downtown Spring City. Walk to restaurants, post office, banks, etc.

Call 423-902-3599. Email: mywhistlestopinn@aol.com
Website - thewhistlestopinn.com
10:00 LEAVE for Alabama

smaentz

New Rooms with HD DirectTV, DSL WiFi, 9 miles from Watts Bar
« Reply #34 on: Dec 06, 2011, 08:14 »
New, fully furnished rooms and full size kitchen just 9 miles from Watts Bar and just 2 miles from downtown Spring City. All the amenities are included. Washer/dryer with laundry detergent provided. Rooms cleaned, towels and sheets laundered twice a month.

Rooms 3 & 4 are currently available for $139/week with over 200 HD DirectTV channels in your room and high-speed DSL WiFi throughout the house. You won't find a nicer place to stay. Owners are on the property and we take great care of our tenants. Very quiet and peaceful setting.

For more information or to see the rooms, call 423-413-5842 and speak with Tim between December 11th and 27th. Call the number on the flyer below all other times. email: scott.maentz@gmail.com

Additional photos: http://bit.ly/aaURL6

« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2011, 08:33 by smaentz »

kgkfaith7@gmail.com

Home for share
« Reply #35 on: Mar 10, 2012, 11:45 »
Home for share, down town Spring City , Tn. Home away from home, nice friendly quiet neighborhood. Very convenient walking distance to Parks ,Church's, Dining, grocery store . Private, comfortable nice spacious bedroom , living room, dinning area all furnished. Direct TV. and WIFI  All linens included.
Private entrance , nice porch , storage available in cellar and drive way parking , garbage service.  Share attached kitchen,laundry and bath. 
Occupancy for one , includes all utilities on a monthly basis $400.00 first and last required , please no smokers or drinkers, or day time sleepers. Short easy drive to Watts Bar. Peas call 423-315-8861 ask for Kathy

Offline parkplaceabc

• Very Lite User
RV spaces
« Reply #36 on: Jun 22, 2012, 04:28 »
Large RV spaces.  Clean, quiet, friendly family neighborhood.  1.5 miles from I-75 exit 62 Sweetwater.  Paved streets and driveways.  $ 335. per month for 2 people ($20. extra per person) + utilities.  $ 200. utility deposit. 281-975-7928

Hojo15470

Watts Bar - Lodging (Howard Johnson Hotel)
« Reply #37 on: Jun 25, 2012, 03:10 »
Rooms Available at Howard Johnson Hotel in Spring City, Tn. We are the closest Hotel to Watts Bar nuclear plant and we offer a LOW Discounted Rate for all TVA Employees and we also have a account with TVA for Direct Billing. We are located at 22500 Rhea County Highway.

Some of our great amenities include:
FREE Daily Continental Breakfast 5am-9am
Open 24 hrs. Fitness Room
Guest Laundry Facilities
Movie Theatre (Guest Only) wide variety of movies to choose from.
Movie Rentals to take to your room.
All Rooms include DVD Player.
All Rooms include mini fridge & microwave.
La-z-boy recliner chairs.
Serta Mattresses
Also get 10% off your order if you dine in at restaurant Winsteads American Grill & King Of Pizza or they will deliver right to your Room!

Call today and make your reservations at 423-365-9191 -Your Home away from Home is awaiting.

nukewood

« Reply #38 on: Jun 26, 2012, 06:30 »
Just called HOJO's for weekly rates for outage. $538.00 /week. Quite high ! Considering our per diem is only $ 90/day. Where is the insentive to work on the road anymore?

Swan74

« Reply #39 on: Aug 11, 2012, 08:54 »
Does anyone know of a place to rent for the Sequoyah Outage in October?

Alex

« Reply #40 on: Aug 14, 2012, 02:15 »
Howard Johnson Hotel In Spring City, TN
Very nice place. Come see us!
Mention this website ad for an additional discount!

Phone # 423-365-9191
Fax # 423-365-9195
www.hojo.com

You may call at anytime for directions and more information.  :)

Offline butchclark

• Very Lite User
« Reply #41 on: Nov 02, 2012, 10:31 »
I have a 3 bedroom lakefront home 7 minutes form Watts Bar Dam. All utilites furnished..This includes wireless internet. Very clean home...Home completely furnished.
Private....yet close to Spring City...4 minutes to town...

Call Butch @ 615 415 8419 for rates

Offline pennywoody

• Lurker
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2013, 10:04 »
In Kingston, newer 3 bedroom 2 bath house for rent. Large finished basement. Group rental welcome (could make 2-3 bedrooms in basement). $1500 OBO

865-603-2659

email for pics pennywoody@bellsouth.net

Offline hj15470

• Lurker
Howard Johnson Hotel of Spring City TN
« Reply #43 on: Dec 22, 2013, 01:20 »
WELCOME ALL TVA EMPLOYEES!

Howard Johnson Hotel
22500 Rhea County Highway
Spring City, TN 37381
423-365-9191

Enjoy the quiet and peaceful atmosphere of Spring City at the Howard Johnson Hotel near Watts Bar Lake and TVA, on Highway 27.

Our free amenities include:
  • Rise & Dine continental breakfast
  • Free Wi-Fi and High Speed Internet Access
  • Guest Laundry and Business Center
  • Each room has refrigerator and microwave, Serta mattress, and HD flat screen
  • On-site HD projection movie theater

We offer exclusive TVA rates for all workers including Bechtel, Westinghouse, Sun Tech, and TVA direct billing.
For long term guests we offer competitive weekly and monthly rates.
Only an 8 mile drive to Watts Bar!
Call for best availability before the Outage next year!

Offline johnnieslingshot

• Moderate User
  • Let's go bowl-diving
« Reply #44 on: Mar 09, 2014, 12:03 »
I am in desperate need of a roommate.  I am staying at Sam's Boatdock in a single-wide trailer.  This place is very clean with full kitchen and cooking/eating utensils.  There is another room and full bathroom available.  DTV in family rm and master br.  For internet you will need a mobile device (I am using a straight-talk device.)  The rent is $40/day +taxes which takes it to just over $45.  If interested contact George Tuell at 423-334-5620 or 423-368-5967.  Tell him you are inquiring about unit #11 and that you read about it on Nukeworker from Johnnieslingshot.  Lodging is getting very scarce around her and prices are high.  If I do not find a roommate very soon I will be asked to leave because he wants TWO people in this unit.  Reserve your spot ASAP.  Thank you. 

Offline Wilkey

• Lurker
Rooms For Rent in Spring City, 9 miles from Watts Bar Entrance
« Reply #45 on: Apr 18, 2014, 01:35 »
Rooms for rent in Spring City, 9 miles from Watts Bar Entrance.  Large furnished home with shared living room, large kitchen and laundry room.  2 rooms with private baths, and 2 with shared bath.  $139/wk or $575/mo for rooms with own bath.
Rent includes DSL internet, Dish Network with Hopper, bi-monthly cleaning service, laundry room with washer and dryer for personal laundry, all utilities included.
Call 423-580-7794 or email anneke.wilkey@gmail.com for more info.

Matt Moore

Watts Bar - Lodging Text Matt at 615-521-1127
« Reply #46 on: Sep 18, 2014, 03:53 »
It's a rare opening!!! TVA Watts Bar Employees and Contractors Only.  275 Maddie Lane (Private Drive off Ideal Valley Road)  One Room Available starting in October 2014! $550mo or 119wk. All included - even laundry detergent! Hi speed DSL internet (WIFI), DishTV, heat/air, parking. Beautiful & quiet location in Spring City 9 miles from the plant, 3 minutes from downtown Spring City. Location has bedroom on the 1st floor - all 4 tenants share large bathroom. This location has efficiency kitchenette & large bathroom with laundry room. Beautifully maintained property facing mountain. Deer, Turkey, rabbits are visible almost daily - No noise or traffic. Beautifill cleaning lady (my wife!) keeps common areas clean!  Dogs allowed under special consideration!  $119 security deposit refunded when leaving & rent payable one week in advance.  Text Matt at 615-521-1127 and I'll send you some Pics.
« Last Edit: Sep 24, 2014, 08:16 by Matt Moore »

Offline urbans07

• Very Lite User
« Reply #47 on: Sep 26, 2014, 11:30 »
WATTS BAR BAIT AND TACKLE has apartments available for $120/week including internet and cable. Washer and dryer on premises. Located on HWY 68W only 4 miles from the dam. There is also a 2 bedroom house that rents for $200/week. Call for more info @ 423-334-4286

Offline bitti50

• Lurker
« Reply #48 on: Oct 24, 2014, 07:09 »
Watts Bar Workers and/or Area Friends

New Owner as of 2013 has well-maintained, clean & secure units here at Lakeside.
We’re on the Lake in a pristine quiet location about a mile from Uncle Gus’ and only 4 miles from Watts Bar Dam. Boat Slips Available.
Give Kathy a call or stop by and be sure to find David.

Lakeview Mobile Home Park and Resort
Cabin, Mobile Homes, RV Lots and Community Dock
226 Lakeview Drive
Ten Mile, TN 37880
(423) 435-1055
Email: lakeviewresorttn@aol.com
Feel free to call frequently for availabilities.
Call Kathy, Property Manager at (423) 435-1055
« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2014, 07:10 by bitti50 »

Offline rhorse

• Very Lite User
« Reply #49 on: Nov 13, 2014, 03:32 »
NEWLY FURNISHED 1 BEDROOM 1 BATHROOM   Email me at rhorse423@yahoo.com for further information.

Conveniently located just 2 miles north of Spring City directly on Highway 27. 

All NEW Furniture.  Freshly Painted Interior.  Nicely Decorated.

New Leather Couch with fold out Sofa Bed and Swivel Leather Recliner.  2 Endtables and 1 Coffee Table.   2 Table Lamps.

Large Screen HDTV with TV Stand.

Previous Tenant had Directv and DSL with BellSouth.

Hardwood Floors in Dining Room and Living Room.  Bedroom is carpeted.  Kitchen and Bathroom have vinyl flooring.

New Bedroom Suite with NEW Mattress/Boxsprings 
Queen Bed with 2 Drawers in Platform, Dresser with Mirror, 1 Nightstand and Table Lamp.   New Sheets, Comforter Set and Blankets.

Bedroom has Gas Fireplace with Ceiling Fan/Lights

Dining Room Table and 6 chairs

Computer Desk and Chair.

1 FULL BATH with Tub and Shower Combo.  We provide all linens including Shower Curtain and Bathtowels and Washclothes.   

Brand New Maytag Washer/Dryer.

Home has Central Air and Heat.   Heat is Gas Furnace.   Also has Gas Fireplace in Bedroom and Gas Wall Unit in Large Work Area that is attached.  Work Area is a large 2 Car Garage that has been converted into comfortable Working Space with Utility Sink.  Work Area is serviced by the Heat and Air system as well as the Gas Wall Unit.   

Fully stocked Kitchen with all NEW Dishes, Glasses, Pots and Pans, Utensils etc... - Refrigerator with Icemaker.  New Stove and Dishwasher.

Has a Covered Front Porch with beautiful view of the Mountains.   Has Paved Driveway and Additional Parking.

$1250 per Month plus One Month Security Deposit Includes Water

Must be Single Person, Non-Smoker and NO Pets. Requires 6 month lease.

15 minutes from Watts Bar Plant.   Perfect for TVA employees.

Great Location.  Available after 1st week of November.   

Offline wash802

• Lurker
« Reply #50 on: Mar 06, 2015, 01:56 »
this is my first time using this site,

I am due to start at the Watts Bar unit 2 start up April 6, 2015. I do need a place to stay since I do plan on a long term stay. I am looking for a 2/1 perferrably furnished apartment or i can rent a room. message me here or email me @ wash802@aol.com

thank you

Offline mattsachs2@live.com

• Lurker
« Reply #51 on: Mar 18, 2015, 04:28 »
Three bed room, two bath, garden tub in master bathroom, attached garage, screened in porch, gas log fire place, central heat and air, nice view. Unfurnished. One small pet allowed. Sits on 50 acres with world class deer hunting. Watts bar lake adjoins the back of the property.  On Highway 27, seven miles north of Spring City. Nice big yard that I will keep mowed. Non smokers only.

$1250 a month. First and last due at signing with $500 security deposit.

Contact by email is best for me.    mattsachs2@live.com

Offline Jsmith8834

• Lurker
« Reply #52 on: May 21, 2015, 07:10 »
Fully furnished rooms for rent 9 miles from TVA entrance in a gorgeous country setting! Shared kitchen, living room, and laundry. Two bedrooms have a personal bathroom, the other two share a large bathroom. TVA contractors welcome. All appliances, satellite TV, WIFI, bed linens, and cleaning services included.  $575 per month for rooms with personal bathrooms, $535 for rooms with shared bathroom.  Call or text (423)255-6948 for info or to get a room!

On the same property is also a covered RV spot with electricity/water hookups for $350/month. Gorgeous rural setting! Call or text if interested!

Matt Moore

« Reply #53 on: Oct 03, 2015, 06:03 »
One room available $125/wk on one of the most beautiful properties in Spring City, Its truly a rare opening! All included - even laundry detergent! Hi speed DSL internet (WIFI), DishTV in every room, heat/air, parking. Beautiful & quiet location in Spring City 9 miles from the plant, 3 minutes from downtown Spring City and ONLY 9 miles from the TVA Watts Bar.  Secluded on a long private drive.

Four private rooms for TVA contractors and employees only. - all 4 tenants share large bathroom. This location has efficiency kitchenette and laundry room.

Beautiful & quite property in the valley - away from noise & traffic.

Pets allowed under special consideration!

Initial payment of $125 for security deposit.
Call
Text Matt and ask for Pics: 615-521-1127

Offline AHacker

• Lurker
« Reply #54 on: Nov 12, 2015, 08:56 »
CONTACT HACKER PROPERTIES IN ATHENS, TENNESSEE FOR THE VERY BEST IN HOUSE AND APARTMENT RENTALS.  ALL PROPERTIES ARE LOCATED IN MCMINN COUNTY WITH PROFESSIONAL MAINTENANCE PROVIDED.  CALL OR TEXT 423-506-3071 ANY TIME DAY OR NIGHT FOR MORE INFORMATION ABOUT VACANCIES.  OVER 25 YEARS EXPERIENCE.  A ONE YEAR LEASE IS REQUIRED BUT FLEXIBLE OPTION IS AVAILABLE FOR EARLY DEPARTURE SHOULD JOB SITUATION CHANGE. 

Offline urbans07

• Very Lite User
« Reply #55 on: Jan 19, 2016, 10:57 »
Watts Bar Bait and Tackle has 8 rooms and house available for rent . Only 2 miles from Watts bar dam on hwy 68. Rooms go for 120/week and house goes for 300/week. This includes washer and dryer, cable and all utilities are included. Bait shop next to the rentals serves breakfast and lunch. Call George for more info @423-334-4286

Offline urbans07

• Very Lite User
« Reply #56 on: Jan 21, 2016, 09:23 »
Rooms and House for rent 2 miles from Watts Bar Dam. 8 room apartments building with washer and dryer for 120/week. House is 2 bedroom 4 bed and the price is somewhat negotiable. All utilities, cable and internet are included. Next to the apartments and the house we have a Gas station that serves breakfast and Lunch. If you are lucky enough to get little time off we have  a full Bait shop so you can relax and go fishing!!
Located on 1831 state hwy 68W. For more info contact George @423-334-4286.

Offline Tnscot

• Lurker
Lake front house for rent
« Reply #57 on: Aug 13, 2016, 08:29 »
Ten mile. 3 bed 2 bath large family home for rent.  House lies on over an acre of flat park like gardens to Watts Bar Lake.  Covered dock. Double garage and shed.

Smoke free.  Pets allowed with pet deposit. Unfurnished. All appliances including washer dryer.  Month to month or lease.
$1400 per month plus $800 security deposit. Email for information.

Offline Mbalsemo1962

• Lurker
« Reply #58 on: Sep 30, 2016, 05:55 »
One room available $125/wk on one of the most beautiful properties in Spring City, Its truly a rare opening! All included - even laundry detergent! Hi speed DSL internet (WIFI), DishTV in every room, heat/air, parking. Beautiful & quiet location in Spring City 9 miles from the plant, 3 minutes from downtown Spring City and ONLY 9 miles from the TVA Watts Bar.  Secluded on a long private drive.

Four private rooms for TVA contractors and employees only. - all 4 tenants share large bathroom. This location has efficiency kitchenette and laundry room.

Beautiful & quite property in the valley - away from noise & traffic.

Pets allowed under special consideration!

Initial payment of $125 for security deposit.
Call
Text Matt and ask for Pics: 615-521-1127

Nice house.  Great owners. Enjoy staying here, quiet, peaceful, on the side of the mountain.
« Last Edit: Sep 30, 2016, 06:04 by Marlin »

Offline Theda

• Lurker
« Reply #59 on: Apr 22, 2017, 09:43 »

We have 2 one-bedroom apartment available. New listing. New apartments. They are fully furnished, fully equipped efficiency apartments with everything you will need. Each unit has washer and dryer, T.V., Dish Network and utilities included in the monthly rent. Smaller unit rents for $600 per month and larger unit rents for $700 per month.  Private location in quiet country setting just 15 min from Watts Bar and 5 minutes from the town of Spring City. Both apartments are available as of April 22, 2017.

Our first renters were women working the Outage at Watts Bar and gave excellent reviews.

Call Kim @ 423-298-1208 OR Theda @ 423-779-6731.

Offline CountryHeavenTN1

• Lurker
Our home and apartment is for sale and there are NO RENTALS. 

Offline rhorse

• Very Lite User
« Reply #61 on: Dec 07, 2017, 10:58 »
NEWLY FURNISHED 1 BEDROOM 1 BATHROOM[/size]Conveniently located just 2 miles north of Spring City directly on Highway 27. All NEW Furniture. Freshly Painted Interior. Nicely Decorated.New Leather Couch with fold out Sofa Bed and Swivel Leather Recliner. 2 End tables and 1 Coffee Table. 2 Table Lamps.Large Screen HDTV with TV Stand. Previous Tenant had Directv and DSL with BellSouth. Hardwood Floors in Dining Room and Living Room. Bedroom is newly carpeted. Kitchen and Bathroom have vinyl flooring.New Bedroom Suite with NEW Mattress/Boxsprings Queen Bed with 2 Drawers in Platform, Dresser with Mirror, 1 Nightstand and Table Lamp. New Sheets, Comforter Set and Blankets. Bedroom has Ceiling Fan/LightsDining Room Table and 6 chairsComputer Desk and Chair.1 FULL BATH with Tub and Shower Combo. We provide all linens including Shower Curtain and Bathtowels and Washclothes. Brand New Maytag Washer/Dryer.Home has Central Air and Heat. Heat is Gas Furnace. Also has Gas Wall Unit in Large Work Area that is attached. Work Area is a large 2 Car Garage that has been converted into comfortable Working Space with Utility Sink. Work Area is serviced by the Heat and Air system as well as the Gas Wall Unit. Fully stocked Kitchen with all NEW Dishes, Glasses, Pots and Pans, Utensils etc... - Refrigerator with Ice-maker. Has a Covered Front Porch with beautiful view of the Mountains. Has Paved Driveway and Additional Parking.$1,275 per Month plus One Month Security Deposit Includes WaterMust be Single Person, Non-Smoker and NO Pets. Requires 6 month lease. 15 minutes from Watts Bar Plant. Perfect for TVA employees.Great Convenient Location.

[/size]Please email me at rhorse423@yahoo.com.   Thank you.

[/size]

Offline rhorse

• Very Lite User
« Reply #62 on: Dec 07, 2017, 03:08 »
Fully furnished with Lake view and Access 1 BR - Queen Bed, Dresser with Mirror, 2 nightstands and lamps 1FULL BATH - Free Standing Shower and separate Wirlpool Tub Linens provided [/size]Washer/Dryer Central Heat and Air Fully stocked Kitchen - Refrigerator with Icemaker, Stove and Microwave Kitchen Island with Bar - 3 Bar Stools Oak Dining Room Table with 4 Chairs Living Room with Leather Sofa, Loveseat, Chair and Ottoman. Coffee and 2 end Tables Covered Porch with Lake View Outdoor Patio Table 4 chairs Access to Boat Dock Desingated Parking Area for one vehicle. Large Screen HDTVNewly painted. New carpet and flooring. New kitchen cabinetry and counter tops $1,275 per Month plus One Month Security Deposit Includes WaterElectric is on its own separate meter.Must be Single Person, Non-Smoker and NO Pets. Requires 6 month lease. 20 minutes from Watts Bar Plant. Great Location

Please email me at rhorse423@yahoo.com

[/color]

Offline rhorse

• Very Lite User
« Reply #63 on: Dec 08, 2017, 11:06 »
Fully furnished with Lake view and Access 1 BR - Queen Bed, Dresser with Mirror, 2 nightstands and lamps 1FULL BATH - Free Standing Shower and separate Wirlpool Tub Linens provided [/size]Washer/Dryer Central Heat and Air Fully stocked Kitchen - Refrigerator with Icemaker, Stove and Microwave Kitchen Island with Bar - 3 Bar Stools Oak Dining Room Table with 4 Chairs Living Room with Leather Sofa, Loveseat, Chair and Ottoman. Coffee and 2 end Tables Covered Porch with Lake View Outdoor Patio Table 4 chairs Access to Boat Dock Desingated Parking Area for one vehicle. Large Screen HDTVNewly painted. New carpet and flooring. New kitchen cabinetry and counter tops $1,275 per Month plus One Month Security Deposit Includes WaterElectric is on its own separate meter.Must be Single Person, Non-Smoker and NO Pets. Requires 6 month lease. 20 minutes from Watts Bar Plant. Great Location

Please contact me at rhorse423@yahoo.com

[/color]

Offline Gina Smith

• Lurker
« Reply #64 on: Jul 01, 2018, 01:34 »
I have a 2 bdrm, 1 bath Lakefront cottage for rent at Euchee Marina Resort. Fully Furnished. The resort has laundry facilities, a boat ramp, boat slips, a swimming beach, a restaurant (open thurs - sun seasonally) and a bar. Large enough for TWO workers and 15 min. ride to TVA at Watts Bar. $1,100 per month includes water and electric. Will rent on a month to month basis. You may contact me at GinasAkitas@aol.com Thanks.

Offline TLCvacations.com

• Lurker
« Reply #65 on: Oct 29, 2018, 12:19 »

www.TLCVacations.com Private homes most are lakefront with private docks. Winter and off season weekly and monthly rates apply.

Offline TLCvacations.com

• Lurker
« Reply #66 on: Oct 29, 2018, 12:21 »
Tennessee Lakefront Cottages: For weekly and monthly Watts Bar Lake private home rentals: www.tlcvacations.com. Book directly for winter and off season discounts. Most homes are waterfront and have private docks.

Offline mdylewski@redroof.com

• Light User
20% Off at Red Roof Hotels and HomeTowne Studios
« Reply #67 on: Mar 07, 2019, 11:33 »
Red Roof offers 20% off for all outage workers at all Red Roof and HomeTowne Studios hotels nationwide!
https://www.redroof.com/deals/partner/bhi_energy
Click the link or call the hotel and give VP+ #621355 when making your reservations.
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2019, 12:20 by Marlin »

Offline Carp345

• Lurker
« Reply #68 on: Feb 02, 2022, 04:21 »
Lodging needed for the upcoming outage.

Offline askilesgmv

• Lurker
« Reply #69 on: Nov 09, 2022, 02:35 »
I have a room I rent out to outage and traveling utility workers on a temporary basis (for the duration of the outage). My current outage worker told me about this site. He is projected to leave between 11/20 and 11/23, give or take, so the room will be open from around that timeframe forward, so far. I live 8 minutes from Sequoyah/TVA.

Here's the listing that is also posted on Craigslist: Room offered with shared bathroom for traveling or temporary tenant (must work). Weekly rent is $230, all included. References by request. Bedroom with bed, TV with Fire Stick, EPB internet, desk, fan, shared bathroom, use of kitchen, washer and dryer, parking, full house water filtration system. Clean and chemical free, no unnatural fragrances please. In area where Soddy Daisy meets Hixson. 8 minutes to TVA/Sequoyah; 5 minutes to Hwy 27 and Hixson Pike. 20 minutes to downtown Chattanooga. References and/or background check required as this is my personal home (shared). Smoking out back only. Text or email to setup afternoon discussion. Available now on approximately 11/23 when current worker leaves. In the past have rented to traveling nurse, TVA outage and traveling utility workers. No guests. Good vibes only.
PS Not looking for a permanent roommate - provided for traveling or temporary workers.

The zip and address are "Hixson," but I'm literally seconds from the 37379 (Soddy Daisy) line. References upon request and I do require a background check. In the past, I've hosted outage and utility workers from all over as well as a traveling food inspector and traveling nurse.
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2022, 12:14 by askilesgmv »

Offline Gina Smith

• Lurker
« Reply #70 on: Jan 24, 2023, 05:31 »
I have a 2 bdrm 1 bath home for rent located 10 min drive to Watts Bar.  The home is at Euchee Marina and overlooks the lake with lake access.  Available for TVA workers.  Please call 661-365-8128 and leave your name, contact number and a brief message, I will return your call with info.  Avail Feb 1st, 2023.  Thanks, Gina

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?