Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Watts Bar - Lodging  

Author Topic: Watts Bar - Lodging  (Read 99731 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Watts Bar - Lodging
« on: Dec 01, 2002, 12:40 »
If anyone has lodging information for this facility, please post it here.

Try checking out the Spring City Motel in Spring City Tennessee. Good people...Bob and Alberta Bowker, and clean rooms for a decent weekly rate.  
"Lakeside Resort" which is about 18 miles from Watts Bar. Family owned (nice people) - private area over looking part of the lake - very quiet. I have a sitting room - separate bedroom and a large refrigerator - laundry on site - bottom line $90.00 a week. Depending on the unit it can go to $135.00. They also have double units etc - not sure of the price. The number is 423-365-9521 ask for Gary or Connie
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2005, 04:45 by Camella Black »

Surveyors_mato

Re: Watts Bar - Lodging
« Reply #1 on: Oct 14, 2004, 09:36 »
Closest after all else fails is The Colonial Inn in Soddy Daisy. Small But ok for outage and near store and Food. Next is Red BANK near Chat. town

Offline Atomic Frog

• Sr HP Tech
  • Moderate User
  • Ribit!! Ribit!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2005, 08:40 »
Campgrounds

Dayton

Bluewater Campground
220 Blue Water Campground Road, 37321
Phone: 423.775.3265

Eden Marina
653 Scenic Lakeview Dr., 37321
Phone: 423.365.6929

Spring City

Arrowhead Resort, Marina and Campground
261 Bennett Dr., 37381
Phone: 423.365.6484

Cedine Bible Camp
333 Cedine Camp Road, 37381-6132
Phone: 423.365.9565

Red Cloud Campgrounds
1408 Groover Road, 37381
Phone: 423.365.5572

Hotels/Motels

Dayton

Best Western
7835 Rhea County Hwy., 37321
Phone: 423.775.6560

Days Inn
3914 Rhea County Hwy., 37321
Phone: 423.570.9717

Kelly's Motel
4187 Rhea County Hwy., 37321
Phone: 423.775.1181

Spring City

Spring City Motel
22514 Rhea County Hwy., 37381

Toestring Cottages
2296 Toestring Valley Road, 37381
Phone: 800.851.1656

Resorts

Spring City

Arrowhead Resort
261 Bennett Dr., 37381
Phone: 423.365.6484

Lakeside Resort
1190 Whites Creek Road
Phone: 423.365.9521

Rhea Harbor Resort & Marina
385 Lakeshire Dr., 37381
Phone: 423.365.6851

Watts Bar

Watts Bar Resort
6767 Hwy. 68, 37395
Phone: 800.365.9598

Bed and Breakfasts

Dayton

Magnolia House Bed & Breakfast
656 Market St., 37321
Phone: 423.775.9288

Hope this Helps

FROG
« Last Edit: Sep 13, 2007, 08:02 by RDTroja »
It is not MY fault that I never learned to accept responsibility.- Homer J. Simpson

I bet Einstein turned himself into all sorts of colors before he invented the light bulb.- Homer J. Simpson

Baker

« Reply #3 on: Sep 12, 2007, 07:17 »
Check out Sam's Boat Dock.  It is within 5 miles of Watts Bar Dam. We offer cabin rentals and full service RV sites.  All the conveniences needed are within walking distance at Ten Mile, TN:  restaurant, bank, post office, laundramat, convenience store, etc.  Give us a call or check out our Web site: samsboatdock.com.

Sam's Boat Dock
Cabins, Campground and Marina
322 Sam's Boat Dock Rd.
Ten Mile, TN 37880
423-334-5620
Email: samsboatdock@bellsouth.net
« Last Edit: Sep 13, 2007, 08:03 by RDTroja »

flynow1

« Reply #4 on: Sep 27, 2007, 09:40 »
I have a very nice 4 bedroom home in Spring City that will be for rent in about 1 month or so. Plese e-mail me for details.
thx

Cottonport Landing

« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2008, 01:22 »
Cottonport Landing RV Park is open year round!!

Full hook up sites or water and electric only!!  Free pumpout service available. 

General Store - groceries, laundromat, full service restaurant serving breakfast, lunch & dinner, bar, gasoline.

Only 23 miles from Watts Bar Nuclear Power Plant.

423-334-4999 - still have openings!!!

eagle

« Reply #6 on: Feb 15, 2008, 09:24 »

I can't find how to get in and post lodging information on this site.  We have numerous properties available for rent, furnished or unfurnished, utilities included or not, about 28 units withing 3 miles from the plant, 10 houses in Spring City and condo's about 40 minutes from the plant.
We currently have about 20 renters here for the outage and all seem to be very pleased with their accomadations.  Please help me figure out how to post our contact information so that anyone coming for the Unit 2 project can contact us.  Thank you, JoAnn for Spring City Rentals

If anyone has lodging information for this facility, please post it here.

Try checking out the Spring City Motel in Spring City Tennessee. Good people...Bob and Alberta Bowker, and clean rooms for a decent weekly rate.  
"Lakeside Resort" which is about 18 miles from Watts Bar. Family owned (nice people) - private area over looking part of the lake - very quiet. I have a sitting room - separate bedroom and a large refrigerator - laundry on site - bottom line $90.00 a week. Depending on the unit it can go to $135.00. They also have double units etc - not sure of the price. The number is 423-365-9521 ask for Gary or Connie

Modified to accurately reflect Mr. Rennhack's quote.  HC
« Last Edit: Feb 15, 2008, 09:29 by HoneyComb »

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #7 on: Feb 15, 2008, 10:40 »

I can't find how to get in and post lodging information on this site.  We have numerous properties available for rent, furnished or unfurnished, utilities included or not, about 28 units withing 3 miles from the plant, 10 houses in Spring City and condo's about 40 minutes from the plant.
We currently have about 20 renters here for the outage and all seem to be very pleased with their accomadations.  Please help me figure out how to post our contact information so that anyone coming for the Unit 2 project can contact us.  Thank you, JoAnn for Spring City Rentals

All you have to do is what you've already done just include your contact information.  You're in the correct forum & thread to do so.  Thanks in advance for getting that information on here and best of luck.

Welcome to Nukeworker!

Tom
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #8 on: Mar 14, 2008, 11:45 »
Hello,

Starting up at Watts Bar for U2 Restart. New to the area and I am looking for an available 1 bedroom apt close to the plant between $400-$550 /mth. Any replys are welcome. Thank you

Check with "Country Heaven TN" on this same thread. Apartment over garage would meet your stated needs. Not a lot of traditional apartments near the plant, so this type would be the closest fit.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Watts Bar Grill-n-Chill

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2008, 10:35 »
WATTS BAR GRILL-N-CHILL  Located 2 miles from Watts Bar Dam on Watts Bar Hwy/Hwy 68.  We have a brand new RV Park with 40 sites that feature a 30 and 50 amp Power Pedestal with an additional 110 volt outlet, water, sewage disposal, and security.  Also on the property is the new WATTS BAR GRILL-N-CHILL RESTAURANT serving 3 meals per day and it is Home of the 6am Happy Hour with daily specials. The GRILL-CHILL has 20 new flat screen televisions, pool table, dart boards, outdoor patio, live entertainment weekly, dine-in, take out, or delivery of food, and always friendly service.  A new laundromat is adjacent to the restaurant for our 40 RV Guests as a do-it-yourself or full laundry services are available. We look forward to seeing you soon!   visit us on the web:  www.wattsbargrillnchill.com or call 423-544-2464  for RV Site lease information.

Ed C.

« Reply #10 on: Jul 25, 2008, 03:05 »
Watts Bar workers:
Would you like to live less than 4 miles from Unit 2?
Would you like to roll out of bed and be at work in a few minutes?
Would you like to save time and gas commuting to work?

We currently have a large, clean, newly remodeled 2Bd/1Bath Mobile home with new hardwood floors.

Another 3bd/2 bath will be available after the 2nd week in August.

More 2 & 3 bedroom units will be coming available. Lease options

Feel free to call frequently for availabilities.
Call Property manager at 423 285-3298.

« Last Edit: Jul 25, 2008, 03:10 by Ed C. »

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #11 on: Jul 26, 2008, 10:34 »
Here is a new RV park for those interested:

Creek View RV Park is brand new and located only 1 mile from Watts Bar Nuclear! Hookups available and water/sewer and electric are included for $375 per month. Owned and operated by local 175 union member. Contact Shawn for details. 423-618-3064

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #12 on: Jul 27, 2008, 07:12 »
I am going to Watts Bar this week for job interviews.  My wife is coming along so we can scope out the area.  My contact in Watts Bar recommends the Kingston/West Knoxville area.  My on-line search showed such a wide range of places I thought I'd ask the forum here for their input. 

I am looking to buy a house.  I would like something with some wide open space.  Both my kids are out of high school, so school's not an issue.  I'm looking for a reasonable commute for me, but close enough to the city that my wife will not have too far to drive to work/shopping.  She's a supervisor at a credit union and enjoys the banking business, so she'd like to stay in banking, if possible.

Any recommended areas would be greatly appreciated.  TVA has recommended Knoxville or Chatanooga as great places to live.  I don't think I'll have time to scope out both areas so any ideas on how to narrow the search would be great. 

Derek
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

Fermi2

« Reply #13 on: Jul 27, 2008, 07:21 »
I prefer Chattanooga to just about anywhere in the state. If I were you I'd look around Dayton which is a little bit south of Watts Bar.

Mike

LDO4CNO

« Reply #14 on: Jul 27, 2008, 08:19 »
Derek,

I am looking hard at TVA.  I recently went through the area, spent a few days and looked at some houses.  The entire area is wonderful.  I found Watts bar lake to be very appealing.  The East side of the lake seemed more appealing to me.  A little more remote, close to work yet close to Kingston, etc.  The waterfront places on the east side seemed to have larger lots than what I found on the west.  It all looks great!  Good Luck let us know how it works out.   Most people I know getting offers from TVA, are taking them.  There must be something great about that little valley.

See http://livingchoices.com/detail.aspx?LID=101-538056664&refer=homegain&sid=11B6623129B2

JB

S3GLMS

« Reply #15 on: Jul 28, 2008, 11:18 »
I worked for TVA at Watts Barr for 2 and half years.  It is really a nice area.  I lived across the river near Sweetwater,TN south of Knoxville on I-75.  If want more info about the plant or the area PM me.

Offline Limited Quanity

• Moderate User
  • Don't worry about the mule just load the wagon!
« Reply #16 on: Jul 28, 2008, 01:31 »
Athens is a nice community too.  It's about 18-19 miles from the plant depending on which side of town your on.  Pretty much smack dab in between Chattanooga and Knoxville on I-75.  I lived there for about 4 yrs the first time I worked at Watts Bar.  I guess there are about 12-15k people roughly for the Athens population.  Everything you need right there. 
I used to be a lifeguard until some blue kid got me fired.

Rahrah

« Reply #17 on: Aug 02, 2008, 03:05 »
Derek,
Since you know Watts Bar is about the same distance from Knoxville and Chattanooga and they are both apx. the same size it just depends on what you want in the city.  Knoxville has the sports, Chattanooga has more on the riverfront ( art, restaurants, shops) I prefer Chattanooga, and I've lived in Athens over 20 years. Both cities are growing towards each other so that's helpful.
Good luck,

Ruth

djburns

« Reply #18 on: Aug 15, 2008, 11:36 »
Lodging available as close as 5 minutes to project
go to www.springcityrentals.com
everything from RV's to executive homes
Call Roy - 727-423-1385

cocoa

« Reply #19 on: Sep 10, 2008, 09:37 »
New house for Rent 1 mile from WB Entrance!!  Fully furnished and Ready to move in! $150/week/2 renters min. NON-SMOKING  For More info Call  423-488-5258

CB

« Reply #20 on: Oct 29, 2008, 12:42 »
If your're looking for a peaceful, family friendly location just minutes from the Watts Bar plant, then check out SAM'S BOAT DOCK in Ten Mile, TN (just off Hwy 304 N in Meigs County, TN).

SAM'S offers fully furnished & equipped cabins & mobile homes and a quiet campground with full hookups and "breathing room."  Our bath-house has been recently renovated with ceramic tile interiors...cleanliness is a must!

Within walking distance of Sam's Boat Dock are restaurants, markets, a post office, a bank, auto mechanic's shop, marine shop w/gas station, and a video store. 

Spend your spare time fishing from the docks for bass, crappie & catfish or just enjoying the view.  Join us for an occasional cookout or a "pot luck" dinner in our beautifully furnished clubhouse overlooking Watts Bar Lake.  Ladies will feel right at home!

Check our website:  www.samsboatdock.com
Email us:  samsboatdock@bellsouth.net
Call us:  423-334-5620
OR just stop by:  322 Sam's Boat Dock Rd., Ten Mile, TN 37880

Looking forward to hearing from you.  Have a GREAT day!!

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
« Reply #21 on: Dec 02, 2008, 08:22 »
If your're looking for a peaceful, family friendly location just minutes from the Watts Bar plant, then check out SAM'S BOAT DOCK in Ten Mile, TN (just off Hwy 304 N in Meigs County, TN).

SAM'S offers fully furnished & equipped cabins & mobile homes and a quiet campground with full hookups and "breathing room."  Our bath-house has been recently renovated with ceramic tile interiors...cleanliness is a must!

Within walking distance of Sam's Boat Dock are restaurants, markets, a post office, a bank, auto mechanic's shop, marine shop w/gas station, and a video store. 

Spend your spare time fishing from the docks for bass, crappie & catfish or just enjoying the view.  Join us for an occasional cookout or a "pot luck" dinner in our beautifully furnished clubhouse overlooking Watts Bar Lake.  Ladies will feel right at home!

Check our website:  www.samsboatdock.com
Email us:  samsboatdock@bellsouth.net
Call us:  423-334-5620
OR just stop by:  322 Sam's Boat Dock Rd., Ten Mile, TN 37880

Looking forward to hearing from you.  Have a GREAT day!!

I just arrived in TN from CT.  I report to Watts Bar 8DEC.  My wife and I are looking for a place to stay while we find and finance a home.  We tried to find a place at Sam's, but were turned down because of our dog.  Despite this disappointment I still highly recommend Sam's to anyone looking for quality lodging.  Even though the owners couldn't rent us a place, they went out of their way to help us find an alternate place to stay.  They gave us a tour of the boat dock and a tour of the surrounding area.  They are truly great people.  If the rest of the people we meet in TN are half as nice we'll know we made the right choice by coming to TN. 

Derek Murray
« Last Edit: Dec 03, 2008, 04:23 by subnukederek »
The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
T. Roosevelt

craneguy

« Reply #22 on: Dec 09, 2008, 04:27 »
I have a nice 3 bed house for sale in Dayton. It about 13 miles from the plant.
It has lake access and is in a very pretty area.
I bought it when I was on the unit 1 SGR.
Due to the economy and having 2 mortgages, we recently lowered the price to rock bottom. It's basically at what I owe on the mortgage plus the agents comission.

If anyone is interested, please email me at craneguy(at)gmail.com for more information.
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2008, 04:31 by craneguy »

sandy198423

« Reply #23 on: Mar 12, 2009, 10:24 »
Hello Everyone:
           I am moving to Tennessee from Houston and will be reporting on site on March 23rd. Its a long term assignment so I will be probably looking at staying there for more then an year. I am single and 24 yrs old. I am looking at places that are close to Knoxville or Chattanooga. I have been slightly inclined to Dayton, Sweet water, Kingston. Do any of you have any suggestions for a good apartments in these areas or any of the areas close to the  cities (But not too far away from plant- 30 mins commute is good). If you have any suggestions please do share. Thank you all guys for ur help.

Regards
Kart

Offline DDMurray

• Heavy User
« Reply #24 on: Mar 13, 2009, 05:01 »
I live in Athens.  It's halfway between Knoxville and Chattanooga, easy access to I-75, and about 30 minutes from the site. 

http://www.rentals.com/Tennessee/Athens/

Good Luck

DM
T. Roosevelt

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?