Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu North Anna

Author Topic: North Anna  (Read 20682 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
North Anna
« on: Nov 30, 2002, 07:29 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
North Anna
« Reply #1 on: Apr 08, 2004, 11:39 »
If anyone has a favorite hang out, place to shop, or local information for this area please post it here.

ROBEROB

North Anna
« Reply #2 on: Apr 09, 2004, 12:22 »
Does anyone know any info on North Anna. I'm an insulator, and trying to find out the contractor to contact. Any help would be appreciated.

duke99301

North Anna
« Reply #3 on: Apr 09, 2004, 12:23 »
did anyone here go to the falloutage in 1990 and go to anyof thoses partys?
oh yeah the mall up in town had a good Bar.

duke99301

North Anna
« Reply #4 on: Apr 09, 2004, 03:48 »
try
Flour

Offline azkidd

• RP Tech (Housemouse)
  • Moderate User
  • We Nationalize Banks!!
North Anna
« Reply #5 on: Apr 09, 2004, 07:31 »
Flour.....self rising?  hmmmm.  That is how I explain contamination to newcomers.."if you work in a bakery, you will get a little flour on ya!"

Fermi2

North Anna
« Reply #6 on: Jul 23, 2004, 11:13 »
I've been talking with North Anna as of late. I'm SRO Licensed a Shift Manager and part Time Department Head.

What's the housing situation like in NOrth Anna say over a 30 to 40 mile radius?

Mike

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
  • Never Happy Until Happy With Yourself!
North Anna
« Reply #7 on: Jul 27, 2004, 03:38 »
Lots of nice places around the lake, country living at it's best!
I NEVER KNEW LOVE, I JUST KNOW THE SOUND IT MAKES WHEN IT LIES!

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
North Anna
« Reply #8 on: Apr 14, 2006, 02:20 »
Good place to work.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

Fermi2

North Anna
« Reply #9 on: Apr 14, 2006, 02:40 »
Housing costs too darn much there now. Plus that drive.... TOO long!!

It is in a beautiful location though.

Mike

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
North Anna
« Reply #10 on: Apr 18, 2006, 03:37 »
Plenty of lodging, decent rates.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

FatMalky

North Anna
« Reply #11 on: Jul 13, 2006, 02:39 »
I voted "Above Average" I really enjoyed my time at North Anna.
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2009, 10:29 by FatMalky »

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
North Anna
« Reply #12 on: Jul 13, 2006, 07:10 »
Average. 8)

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
North Anna
« Reply #13 on: Mar 30, 2007, 09:44 »
the pay is below average.  you can rent a house easily.  motels are far away.  strange rules here.  the house techs and supervisors are very good and pretty cool.  they never have enough techs so you run more then average, probably because of the strange rules, low pay, and history of bad experiences overall by some techs at North Anna.  I'd come back here, but only if my options were limited.  slightly below average

Offline nowhereman

• Moderate User
North Anna
« Reply #14 on: Apr 28, 2007, 04:25 »
the results are in RP wise, at least according to me........

1.house techs (A) knowledgeable and helpful
2.nite shift supervision (B) again, knowledgeable and helpful
3.day shift management types (D-) suffers from delusions of a job well done, then yells at us........"Do as we say, Not as we do........

well being 15 rp's short kept alot of people running....
the 35 mile drive to Fredericksburg is just to long....
the pay at the low end of the pay scale........

bottom line is there are alot of better choices for the fall outage season.........

FatMalky

North Anna
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2007, 08:23 »

well being 15 rp's short kept alot of people running....
the 35 mile drive to Fredericksburg is just to long....
the pay at the low end of the pay scale........

bottom line is there are alot of better choices for the fall outage season.........

Agree with pretty much everything you said, however no-one forces you to live in Fredericksburg for the outage!  Plenty of places less than 10 mins from the plant.
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2009, 10:30 by FatMalky »

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
North Anna
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2007, 11:08 »
I have to put out a special "atta boy" for nightshift supervision.  K and M were the best I have ever had as far as a pair of supervisors go.  Wow, those guys can take a licking and not pass it down.  Great sense of humor, stress level low, very knowledgable, always willing to help, never aloof.  Also, north anna is a clean plant.  There are worse places to work, but even with the great supervisors I would rather go elsewhere.  If I would have been on days I would have either been forced to be a part of the drama or felt sorry for those involved up close and personal.  Oh yeah K (special supervisory assistant) was awesome too!  Good people no matter what the plant is like.

duke99301

North Anna
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2007, 11:11 »
I worked there in 1990 as a HP and had a blast. house techs were in training then . and went to some darn nices partys.
came back years later working in safety and had a very good time agin nice plant but I was working for the house when I was safety so it made things different and ah still good people.
I had the pleasure of working with Nate hunt and Weegee back then and Jerry Cadwell.

Aerosquirl

North Anna
« Reply #18 on: Sep 16, 2007, 04:40 »
well, here I am. Not liking it here at all >:( I am working night shift and the supervisors on nights seem to be real anal retentive, and lets not talk about the site coordinator, hes in it for self, no care or respect for the contractors AT ALL. When ever he speaks to all of us bartlett techs, its a lecture and I almost have to check my ID to see if I am over 2 years old. The pay is low and the reason we are given is the reputation of the techs safety and past reputation.  Well I haven't been here before so none of it refers to me and if you only have a 25% returnee rate, hmmmmm.................... do ya think you should maybe think why???? There are some great house techs but the foreman are hitler type, temper tantrum, perfectionists that don't belong where they are. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. The standards are extemely high for the pay you get and the lodging is high for the diem. Yes, I agreed to come here. Ignorance is bliss. I count on the opinions of individuals here on nuke worker when I go to a place I haven't been, so please be honest when you post. I have a list of 10 reasons why not to come back here and 8 are filled. I am sure I will come up with more than 2 more reasons why not to come here within the next few weeks besides already confirmed for Surry. I hear its worse there. Not as long a walk as N. Anna but attitudes are worse. If its anything like here, with the shared resources from Surry, it won't be fun. The techs that I know here from Surry are as much anal retentive as the night shift supervisors. I didn't know when I came here that All of Dominion power people were my boss. They're not, but some like to think they are.

Aerosquirl

North Anna
« Reply #19 on: Sep 17, 2007, 03:51 »
Ok,  ::) it was brought to my attention that there are some good things here. Our foreman, and you know who you are, is a good man, he does take one for the team numerous times each night. He takes good care of us and is trying to convince us that its not a bad place so we'll come back. We were blessed with a good working crew who all carry their weight and one of the house foreman has loosened up some, he actually joked around with us. Maybe it will take the whole outage for them to warm up to us, who knows. I still doubt I will be back.

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
North Anna
« Reply #20 on: Sep 17, 2007, 06:45 »
you would like it much better on days with Ke and Mi.  Those guys are great.  they swap days and nights every outage so you have to be careful.  move to days with K and M!  I still wouldn't work N. Anna again unless that was all there was.  Maybe if the pay went way up I would go back there.....

Aerosquirl

North Anna
« Reply #21 on: Sep 27, 2007, 07:34 »
I didn't think that my remarks would get so much attention.  :o  Seems everyone is checking out the responses. Isn't this the place to tell of your experience at specified plants????  ??? Well, the house has mellowed out and are actually a great bunch to work with and for. Seems it takes a bit of time for them to trust you to do work in their house. I apologize to those night shift folks that were affended  :D since it was night shift that I was talking about. I still stand by the rest that doesn't pertain to the house.

G6Cruizer

North Anna
« Reply #22 on: Oct 01, 2007, 07:18 »
 I heard about this site and what was said and had to join just to check it out. it says i been lurkin but i wanted to keep reading waitin for what was to happen next, kinda like a soap opera. i heard about the site coordinator before. dont know what to think since i never worked for him before.

Mad Yogi

Re: North Anna
« Reply #23 on: Feb 15, 2008, 08:41 »
I waited a while to see if anyone else would post re the fall 07 Dominion outages. I was a first-timer there though in the biz a while, and my house lead-tech on nites was great! And the house first-line managers were knowledgeable and fair, as were the 25-year-plus house techs. In fact, I liked pretty much everyone at the North Anna outage. And, sure, the Bartlett site lead gave a pep talk during training...So what? All I can say is that man new his job and any issue I had was handled with nothing but fair efficiency conducted in a businesslike manner. Those who know me know I am not a company man...any company. But, both Dominion and Bartlett presented a reasonably fair workplace, though work was the operative word. Sometimes that word offends some people. I hope I get to work with some of the Dominion techs again, especially the ones who went down to Surry. Heck, even an old fart like me could learn a thing or two.

johnnyreb

« Reply #24 on: Sep 25, 2009, 02:59 »
  avoid

Offline Dream Tar Heel

• Dulce Periculum
  • Moderate User
« Reply #25 on: Sep 26, 2009, 08:22 »
If you cant go anywhere else and your unemployment benefits have run out..................

Otherwise, stay clear! 8)
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2009, 08:25 by Dream Tarheel »

Offline johnnieslingshot

• Moderate User
  • Let's go bowl-diving
« Reply #26 on: Sep 28, 2009, 06:49 »
I have worked there twice and loved it each time.  I cannot tell you how the night shift is but the day shift crew is okay.  If BJ is one helluva lady to work for.  She tells you straight up what she expects and she will go out of her way to help you feel comfortable with any job you are assigned to cover.  If I wasn't house at SRS now I would be looking to go back, also would go back to Surry.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?