Facility & Company Information > Millstone

Millstone

<< < (2/6) > >>

DDMurray:
I was contacted by Millstone HR department and scheduled an interview for tomorrow morning for an auxiliary operator position.  I've reviewed the forum on what to wear (I'm wearing a suit which is contrary to what some have recommended).  I'm going to work on some of the questions I saw here and I'm going to do some research on Millstone and Dominion in case I get asked any questions about what I know about the company.  Finally I'm going to prepare a few questions in case I get the opportunity to ask questions.  The HR person said I would take a POSS at a later date so I'll be getting an ASVAB book to work on my speed (assuming I don't suck during the interview).  I was very slow on the on-line practice test.
   Are there any other things I should expect?  This is my first job interview since I before I joined the navy over 24 years ago, so I'm a bit nervous.  Thanks.

Derek Murray

retired nuke:
Get plenty of rest tonite.
Relax.
Answer honestly
good luck   :)

Fermi2:
Don't fidget, either fold your hands in your lap or place them firmly on your thighs.
Don't answer off the top of your head. Take a moment to think about what you are going to say. Remember this is potentially your future, you've probably thought through everything very thoroughly to this point so don't give glib answers.
Remember no one in that room is there to disqualify you for that job, you being hired means one less interview and less work for them :)

Mike

nowhereman:
Did they say which unit you will be interviewing for?.....just a note for you......Unit three is the flagship of the site and when they have to go to Unit two , they are saying they have to go to Maybury......(smaller unit, more of a closer knit, family situation)

fueldryer:

--- Quote from: nowhereman on Jul 01, 2008, 06:42 ---Did they say which unit you will be interviewing for?.....just a note for you......Unit three is the flagship of the site and when they have to go to Unit two , they are saying they have to go to Maybury......(smaller unit, more of a closer knit, family situation)

--- End quote ---
There's nothing "family" at either unit.Everyone hate's everyone,unit 2-unit 3. The mechanic's are all back stabbers and they'll f**k ya in a heart beat.Then you got the "union" boy's that came from CY,if you don't believe in their cause the you'll get labeled..Good luck either way..The guy's in op's are all good people.....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version