Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Nine Mile honeypot

Author Topic: Nine Mile  (Read 40629 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Nine Mile
« on: Nov 30, 2002, 07:09 »
Don't forget to vote.  Keep your comments civil.
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2007, 07:16 by Camella Black »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Nine Mile Lodging
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2002, 08:56 »
Talk About: Nine Mile

Offline justme

• Moderate User
Nine Mile Lodging
« Reply #2 on: Dec 04, 2002, 06:05 »
Have worked there alot in the last few years.  Pretty good place, nice house techs.  Even better since Constellation took over.  better than the place next door...
It is what it is!

Pet_Cow

Nine Mile Lodging
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2002, 08:39 »
Any place that lets me work there without a for cause drug test, right after the Feds seize my Caddy because they claim the 2.5 grams of coke they found inside was above zero tolerance, can't be all bad. Ah the memories! Mechanic cart races in the drywell basement, NRC forced shutdown, underaged girls in all the bars, 200 inches of snow and a room above a bar with a laudry. All this and the Scrog-man too. Who could ask for anything more?

jimmyjay

Nine Mile Lodging
« Reply #4 on: Dec 22, 2002, 07:38 »
:)I have worked there for every outage for the last 5 years.Good people great bars and the plant is a good place to work.I'll go there anytime. :)

Doc_REM

Nine Mile Lodging
« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2002, 03:57 »
Which one our we talking about here? Unit 1 or 2?

ALWAYS have a great time in Oswego [smiley=beerchug.gif] [smiley=beerchug.gif]
Some of the tech's from Nine Mile when to Fitz for the last outage and it was great to work with some of my friends from the refuel floor there (y)
See Ya this spring I hope [smiley=juul.gif]

MAGICMAN

Nine Mile Lodging
« Reply #6 on: Nov 04, 2003, 04:48 »
is this the latest eminem movie? :-?

Offline HousePuke

• ALARA Coordinator / Rad Engineer
  • Heavy User
  • If you don't like it here, go somewhere else!
Nine Mile Lodging
« Reply #7 on: Nov 05, 2003, 09:26 »
How's the new RPM working out?
Irish diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell such that he looks forward to making the trip.

Inspite of inflation, a penny is still a fair price for most peoples thoughts.

RAD-GHOST

Nine Mile Lodging
« Reply #8 on: Nov 06, 2003, 01:04 »
  Worked Unit 1 a couple of outages ago, never to return again!  Owed somebody a favor, which was paid in full the day I showed up!   (n)

Friends don't let friends work at NIMO!

Offline justme

• Moderate User
Nine Mile Lodging
« Reply #9 on: Nov 07, 2003, 04:42 »
NIMO is only as good as you attitude.  Have worked in worse places. Pay and bonus are great.
It is what it is!

RAD-GHOST

Nine Mile Lodging
« Reply #10 on: Nov 07, 2003, 05:36 »
Was that Attitude or Latitude?  We all know what the Latitude is like, maybe this explained the Attitudes!  As far as good pay and bonus's?  For the area, wages are better then great!  As far a bonus's, they have reworded the phrase to BONE-US!  Enough Said!

Friends don't let Friends work NIMO!

Goolag - RP

Nine Mile Lodging
« Reply #11 on: Mar 02, 2004, 07:37 »
Rad Ghost,

NiMo doesn't own Nine Mile anymore.  Constellation owns them.  Things have changed.  The old regime is gone.

Goolag RP

duke99301

Nine Mile Lodging
« Reply #12 on: Mar 05, 2004, 11:11 »
sounds like there is a need for improvement up there? is Ge still running the outages?
and whats up with snow and ice. brr . what is the rate? and diem. and how long is the job for?
maybe that has a lot to do with it as will.
is the steel head running yet?
« Last Edit: Mar 05, 2004, 11:12 by duke99301 »

Offline Llama

• License Termination Manager
  • Moderate User
  • Have you hugged a llama today?
Nine Mile Lodging
« Reply #13 on: Mar 13, 2004, 07:12 »
I have to add my two cents worth. I worked at Nine Mile and I haven't worked with a better group of techs and house people. I was always treated great and I miss all my friends up there. I wish you all the best up there on your outage, I wish that I could be up there with you all.

Marty

PS: Give Llamagramma a hug for me
« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2004, 07:14 by Llama »

Offline llamagramma

• FSS SR RP Tech/ Decomissioning
  • Light User
  • Have you kissed a Llama lately?
Nine Mile Lodging
« Reply #14 on: Mar 18, 2004, 09:25 »
So, who are you, who wants my lasagna? When you see me out here, let me know.

hezabear

Nine Mile Lodging
« Reply #15 on: Mar 23, 2004, 08:13 »
REMBOY and ARYAN, If you are going to talk bad about the Techs at Nine Mile. Will you please tell us your real names so we will  be able to stay clear of you and to watch our backs around the two of you. One from the bottom of the barrel.

RAD-GHOST

Nine Mile Lodging
« Reply #16 on: Mar 24, 2004, 09:37 »
Sounds like things are still the same at NIMO!  Maybe a new company and some new faces, but the same Latitude and Attitudes!

Since their are a limited number of techs in the business, who haven't experienced the site, a future returnee's rate of 10% should prove to be a challenge!  Hopefully the site managment will maintain the distastefull environment!  That way the money will be worth the trip!

The more they say, the more they pay!

AGAIN, Friends don't let Friends work NIMO!

jjordan

Nine Mile Lodging
« Reply #17 on: Apr 02, 2004, 04:39 »
I've worked at both units, I preffered 1 over 2 becuase of the design. it was easier to work and move around in. But you needed to really move fast cause it was hot as a firecracker! As far as the house techs, there were some really good ones and a few bad ones, same as every site I've ever been to. ARYAN and REMBOY, please no attacks, the Moderators will delete your posts, as for  the house techs, take a look in the mirror, do a self evaluation, then tighten it up a notch or 2! Make sure it's not you that they are slamming, then figure out who it is, coach them a bit, and make your site a better place for everybody! I really enjoyed Nine Mile, (except for the weather and state taxes) miss not being able to go back!
Stuck down here at Bunswick, in the sun on the beach 8)
JJ

hezabear

Nine Mile Lodging
« Reply #18 on: Apr 03, 2004, 10:14 »
ARYAN, I'm still here working. I did not think your last reply was worth me anwsering. I have been around a  long time and know that I am not one of the bottom of the barrel. I do my job and try and help others due theirs, if they want are need the help. What about you? I have had a good outage and have been treated good by the house and the Bartlett Techs I work with. And yes some are not up to speed and it is up to us to help them. So they become better tech's. I Would come back here  again. As all things change and I think Nine Mile saw the writing on the wall and is trying to change. Hope were ever you go, it is good for you and yours
Brad

Offline Llama

• License Termination Manager
  • Moderate User
  • Have you hugged a llama today?
Nine Mile Lodging
« Reply #19 on: Apr 03, 2004, 03:44 »
Hey gang it's me again. Just checking in to see what's happening. I looked at my fishing pole the other day and thought it must be about that time that the fish are running up there.I ran out and caught 2 cans of salmon and a frozen trout at the grocery store (just dosen't seem to be the same as fresh caught fish  :(  ). Still wishin ya'll the best  on your outage. Take care and be safe.

PS: Gotta run now. Got to get some suntan lotion from the store before it closes.   8)
« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2004, 04:02 by Llama »

Offline llamagramma

• FSS SR RP Tech/ Decomissioning
  • Light User
  • Have you kissed a Llama lately?
Nine Mile Lodging
« Reply #20 on: Apr 06, 2004, 12:41 »
Well, I brought in 2 pans of that "awsome" lasagna and it's going fast.  I had an extra plate for you you Llama.

garycom

Nine Mile Lodging
« Reply #21 on: Apr 07, 2004, 03:19 »
I had a good time at Nine Mile, though I wish I could have stayed longer. Overall, I thought the techs were pretty decent. Dang, I wish I had been there for some of that lasagna!

hezabear

Nine Mile Lodging
« Reply #22 on: Apr 07, 2004, 07:08 »
Gary,It was good to work with you. Maybe I will get over your way one day. Hope you have a good outage. Thanks for your help. Brad

RemBoy

Nine Mile Lodging
« Reply #23 on: Apr 13, 2004, 03:03 »
Gary... Didn't see you much in the TB after you were traded off.  A few of us finished up and headed to SC. Weather's better here.
We were treated well by the techs and the TB leads. Maybe go back for the next one.
Might head up for your outage.
Had things buttoned up yet, when you left?
see you soon

Peace  ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2004, 03:04 by RemBoy »

Offline justme

• Moderate User
Nine Mile Lodging
« Reply #24 on: Mar 13, 2005, 08:26 »
Well, another RFO looms.  What's worse than short staffed?  Short staffed and half of the techs have no nuc plant experience.  Will be an interesting outage.  At least drywell dose will be down with the chem decon, and it is only a 35 dayer. 
Tension everywhere cause of the preoutage house layoffs, with more in the offing after the outage.  Hope all goes smooooooth.
It is what it is!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?