Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Peach Bottom Lodging  

Author Topic: Peach Bottom Lodging  (Read 126818 times)

Dan_E.

Peach Bottom Lodging
« on: Jul 28, 2006, 12:05 »
There is nothing to do in Delta, PA but...
For a furnished room that's just a few minutes from the plant contact Pam or Bob running the Delta General Automotive Parts Store and Billiard Goods. They rent available room/rooms that are not filled by locals above their store. Rent is paid weekly and all rooms share one bathroom and the full kitchen. Call: 717-456-7079 or email: deltagen@bdusa.com this info was good as of Fall/03. Oh yeah, if you don't mention that you wll be working at the Peach you'll be told they don't have any rooms.
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2007, 07:25 by Camella Black »

IPREGEN

Peach Bottom
« Reply #1 on: Jul 12, 2007, 06:36 »
There are only three civilized places,  Bel Air in Maryland, York or Lancaster PA. York is the same side of the river as the plant, Lancaster is across the bridge and north of Quarryville and "The Buck". It has the most restaurants and hotels.

bucsflag99

Peach Bottom
« Reply #2 on: Jul 12, 2007, 06:58 »
Last year I stayed at the Super 8 in Aberdeen, clean, nice staff, reasonable rates, Aberdeen is not a bad drive, plenty of shopping/eating opportunities - great little italian place in shopping center across the road behind the wendys - about 5 minutes from a walmart

I worked night shift and the cleaning staff obeyed the do not disturb sign! 

suggest you join trip rewards if don't already and book through them for the best available rate

good luck and have a nice outage  :)

illegalsmile

Peach Bottom
« Reply #3 on: Aug 31, 2007, 05:51 »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Peach Bottom
« Reply #4 on: Aug 31, 2007, 10:25 »
The Peach Bottom Inn
http://www.travelpost.com/hotels/Peach_Bottom_Inn/h61422

Peach Bottom Inn said they have been booked for a year.  They recommended The budget Inn or Super 8 in Aberdene MD

Budget Inn $259.95/wk -- NO High speed Internet
Super 8 $350/wk WITH high speed internet.

illegalsmile

Peach Bottom
« Reply #5 on: Sep 01, 2007, 12:22 »
I was also going to suggest the Red Roof in Aberdeen, but I called them and they're booked full. There is a Super 8 in Havre de Grace (410-939-1880), Clarion Hotel in Aberdeen is a tad spendy ($80/night) but they're looking into giving "Peachy People" as the girl called 'em, a break....I'll have info on that Tuesday. Fridge, coffee pot, micro wave and hard wired h/s i/n in each room.
Travelodge (410-272-5500) normally charges $395/wk for 1 person and $440/wk for 2. They are going to call me w/ possible discount rates. They have wireless internet, microwave and fridge in most rooms. I'll look into a few other things and keep y'all posted.

wlrun3@aol.com

Peach Bottom
« Reply #6 on: Sep 02, 2007, 07:44 »

Country Inn and Suites
   245 Saint Charles Way
   York, PA 17402

717 747 5833

On intersection of US 83 and state hiway 74, east edge of York.

Utility discount, roughly $65 a day, called a "PECO discount".

Very new, very clean, next to a Ruby Tuesdays.

Thirty to forty minute drive.

illegalsmile

Peach Bottom
« Reply #7 on: Sep 03, 2007, 04:45 »
Extended Stay America, Exit 80 (Rte 543), about 25 miles to the plant. H/S wireless Internet, Cable TV, Kitchenettes, all utensils, 1 person $70/night, 2 people $85/night.
410-273--194

illegalsmile

Peach Bottom
« Reply #8 on: Sep 04, 2007, 03:34 »
Clarion Hotel in Aberdeen is a tad spendy ($80/night) but they're looking into giving "Peachy People" as the girl called 'em, a break....

Clarion 410-273-6300 will go down to $69/night if you work for Bartlett (or say you do).

illegalsmile

Peach Bottom
« Reply #9 on: Sep 04, 2007, 06:57 »
Campgrounds in the Peach Bottom Area:
Muddy Run Campground - I know the previous SC at Peach stayed there in his 5th wheel. 717-284-5850
Otter Creek Campground - I believe this one is owned by PP&L, 717-862-3628
Susquehanna State Park - This one is in Maryland, but it's not very far from the plant 410-557-7994
Gofford Pinochet State Park - In York County, PA 717-292-4112

Hope this helps

Melrose

Peach Bottom
« Reply #10 on: Sep 05, 2007, 01:56 »
Chesapeake Hotel..... 1800/mo, suites w/ kitchens, bath, on site laundry in Havre de Grace.
Check the net under that name, the rooms look pretty good.  (B&B style)

Offline bfranklin

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Peach Bottom
« Reply #11 on: Nov 12, 2007, 02:06 »
Rooms in a private home <5 minutes from the plant.  Please phone for latest weekly only rates. Very quiet; premium DISH TV including movie/sports channels; kitchen privileges; fridge; coffee/tea maker; sorry no WIFI; shared full bath but private sink (shaving, teeth brushing, etc.) in room; everything except toiletry articles and towels provided. Free fishing in private lake. Laundry facilities available extra. No smoking inside. Don't call if you are afraid of a dog.

***SINGLE OCCUPANCY ONLY!!!***            ***SAFE OFF-STREET PARKING***             ***WALKING DISTANCE TO PLANT PARKING LOT***

Absolutely no holds or reservations -- first come first served.

CALL 717-456-5189 or E-MAIL beryl.franklin@yahoo.com for details. PLEASE don't post questions to this site as I do not check often.

Feel free to call about any other information concerning the area. I'm happy to help any way I can.  Please state that you are a nuke worker when calling.

ADVICE: -- If staying in Delta Main Street business area your vehicle is in extreme danger!!! Vandals will do $1,000 worth of damage if they think they can get a pack of cigarettes, small change or gps.

This is a very rural location and convenient lodging is very limited. Make your arrangements as early as you can. Most camp grounds close on Labor Day.  Most of the houses/apartments that I know of require a long lease.
« Last Edit: Jul 16, 2016, 02:34 by bfranklin »

JustinHEMI05

Re: Peach Bottom Lodging
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 01:02 »
Hey this might be kind of early, but I recently bought a house that is exactly 8.1 miles from Peach Bottom. I have two extra bedrooms that I wouldn't mind renting out for the outage. Would give you access to the entire house for the 3 weeks. 500 bucks per room for the whole time. I think that works out to 20 something dollars/day. I can/will provide linens/towels, you provide your own food. You must be neat and clean though, as I am a bit OCD about that stuff. NO SMOKING! You can smoke outside if you desire, but absolutely NO SMOKING inside. It is in the sticks, quiet and safe with off street parking. My neighbors are "salt of the earth" types. If interested when the time comes, PM me here or email me and I will give you my phone number and we can dicker over anything else.

Justin
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 01:09 by JustinHEMI »

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 01:05 »
Ok my post sucks. :) Besides saying the "whole house is available for your use," let me be more specific. Laundry, TV (directv), microwave, deck, grill,  stove, fridge, table, chairs, bed, lights, garage, water, toilets, shower/tub, floors... haha ok I am being ridiculous.   :P You get the point. Since I work there too, we could probably car pool if our shifts line up.

Justin

PS I can't promise each room will have its own TV by then, but right now it is a 66.6% chance. Either way, price is same.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 01:07 by JustinHEMI »

Offline Smooth Operator

• Moderate User
« Reply #14 on: Jun 05, 2008, 04:04 »
I found the Super 8 in Aberdeen, MD (about 35-40 min to parking lot) to be clean and quiet and quite reasonable.

There is basically nothing around the plant aside from the Peach Bottom Inn which is most likely booked, unless you find a private house or room nearby.

Perhaps inquire with the gentleman posting before yours.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #15 on: Jun 05, 2008, 04:16 »
I found the Super 8 in Aberdeen, MD (about 35-40 min to parking lot) to be clean and quiet and quite reasonable.

There is basically nothing around the plant aside from the Peach Bottom Inn which is most likely booked, unless you find a private house or room nearby.

I stayed at the same Super 8 as Jason.  I agree with what he said, but he forgot to mention that 4 trucks had their windows busted out, and the GPS devices were stolen.

wlrun3@aol.com

« Reply #16 on: Jun 05, 2008, 08:20 »

...more practically, but far less important...

... Country Inn and Suites
   245 Saint Charles Way
   York, PA 17402

717 747 5833

On intersection of US 83 and state hiway 74, east edge of York.

Utility discount, roughly $65 a day, called a "PECO discount".

Very new, very clean, next to a Ruby Tuesdays.

Thirty to forty minute drive.

vikingfan

« Reply #17 on: Jun 06, 2008, 11:34 »
you might also check out the lodging section of this website or places to stay while working peach bottom and oyster creek. i have worked at peach several times and like the guys previously stated the super 8 in Aberdeen is clean, and reasonable. burger king is next door or there is a Italian restaurant across the street. similar to olive garden. oh the super 8 also has free wireless internet unlike Red roof inn which charges you for the internet !!!! either Aberdeen.MD or york,pa is about a 30-40 minute drive to the plant. if you fly into the Baltimore airport its a pretty straight shot to Aberdeen  :)

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #18 on: Jul 09, 2008, 04:25 »
My rooms are spoken for this year! See you next year!

Justin

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #19 on: Aug 05, 2008, 02:27 »
Peach Bottom Inn booked for Fall 2008
Red Roof Aberdeen, 54.99 per night single, 59.99 night dble, rooms are available.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #20 on: Aug 06, 2008, 04:32 »
i usta always do good by contacting da postmaster @ delta, pa to ask who had rooms for rent.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #21 on: Aug 15, 2008, 11:31 »
Anyone coming to peach, stop by the ILT classroom on the third floor of the Unit1 training building and say hi. I am in back right corner, name is justin.  ;D

Justin

frostydan

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2009, 06:50 »
Anyone coming to peach, stop by the ILT classroom on the third floor of the Unit1 training building and say hi. I am in back right corner, name is justin.  ;D

Justin

Hey Justin you seem to know the area and PB fairly good...I am thinking of coming on there as a Jr. Rp for the fall 2009 outage what are your thoughts? O ya I may be interested in one or even two of your rooms if they are open!

Dan

mslynne

Room available
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2009, 05:47 »
One of the gentlemen that boarded here last year suggested this site. 
If this in the wrong place to post this; mods please remove or move to the correct posting area.

Private home with 2 bedrooms available on a week to week basis; internet (hughesnet), basic satellite, share of the common areas, nice county setting about eight miles from the plant.
For more specifics send me a PM.

Offline roadhp

• Moderate User
  • Playing in the bathtub!!!
« Reply #24 on: Jun 15, 2009, 01:11 »
Just talked to Candlewood Suites.   They just opened in Bel Camp, exit 80.  The number there is 410-914-3060, and they accept pets.  They didn't know about the outage, so the more who call, the better chance the rates will go lower.  Right now, the rate is $490/week plus tax.
Brave, brave Sir Robin, set forth from Camelot!!!!

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #25 on: Jun 16, 2009, 04:48 »
Sorry haven't checked this thread in a while.

If you like being 20-30 miles from everything, then this place is for you. It defines podunk. :)

I like it. Where I live is only 8 miles from the plant.

Justin

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #26 on: Jun 16, 2009, 04:50 »
Oh, and as for opening rooms this year. I likely will not simply because I will be in the home stretch of my licensing training. Right around the outage time I will be getting ready for the NRC final exam so I will probably want to minimize distractions.

Justin

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #27 on: Jun 16, 2009, 04:56 »
Aww, c'mon Justin, I don't play my bagpipe CD's thaat loud...amd I'll keep my traveling chihuahuas quiet  :P

Sdoud

« Reply #28 on: Jul 20, 2009, 01:20 »
Hello Everyone,
I am the director of sales for Candlewood Suites and we are offering special rates for those going to the peach bottom outage.
Right now our rates are $49.99 per night for one queen bed.
2 double beds or one king bed are $69.99

The rate for the queen bed is only available for a limited time. Not sure how long I will be able to keep that rate that low without getting fired! The double and king room rate is fixed as long as we have availability.

We have fully equipped kitchens in every room. Full size refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, and cook top. In addition we offer free use of our laundry facilities. We have a work out gym and a gazebo outside with 2 gas grills that are free to use. Also have a business center with free internet.

It is true what was posted above that we allow a pet w/fee. We are about a 30 minute drive to Peach Bottom. As you all probably know there is only one hotel in the Peach bottom area which is the Peach bottom Inn which I suspect is already full. There are plenty of things to do around our hotel. We have a shop rite grocery store, Ruby Tuesday, McDonalds, Burger king, Roy Rogers, Cracker barrel, and a pizza hut. In addition to all the other usual shops.

If anyone would like to make a booking before we run out of space or I am forced to raise the rate for the queens just give us a call at 410-914-3060 or email me at cwhotels@gmail.com

Sdoud

« Reply #29 on: Jul 21, 2009, 10:48 »
 Just an update!
We got such a good response after my email yesterday but unfortunately I had to raise the rate.
The remaining queens that I have held are now still priced pretty low though at $59.99 with our doubles still remaining at $69.99
Be sure to give me a call or email me if you are interested as the rates for these rooms could go up also. Our rates are very low because we are a brand new hotel that just opened on March 18th. However, we are selling out quite a bit already due to the low rates so the owner is thinking about raising them some. Can't guarantee the rates above unless you call while they are still at that rate!
We look forward to hosting all those who have booked already!
See ya soon!!

Shirley Doud (Director of Sales)
410-914-3060
cwhotels@gmail.com
« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2009, 08:54 by Sdoud »

Offline jposey12

• Lurker
« Reply #30 on: Aug 12, 2009, 04:13 »
For a furnished room about 18 miles north of the plant on RT 74. contact Jerry, Penny or Jared. We have a farm house to rent available 4 rooms. Rent by the weekly for outage. All rooms share two bathrooms and a full kitchen. Call: 717-927-6036 or email: jposey12@yahoo.com Also looking for long term renters. Rooms available for 2012 outage.
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2012, 10:14 by jposey12 »

Sdoud

« Reply #31 on: Aug 18, 2009, 03:51 »
For those of you coming into Peach Bottom we still have some rooms available and the rate has stayed at the $49.99 for Queens and $64.99 for doubles. Give us a call @ 410-914-3060
We currently have about 70% of our rooms filled with Peach Bottom outage workers. We look forward to seeing you all soon!

super8hdg

« Reply #32 on: Aug 27, 2009, 08:44 »
Hello Everybody...
For anyone still looking for rooms for the Peachbottom outage, we still have plenty of rooms at the Super 8 in Havre de Grace.  We've got a special for the Peachbottom crew of $48 plus tax per night for a room with two doubles, one or two person occupancy.  Of course we have free wi-fi and fridge/microwaves in all rooms, plus grocery store next door.  (410) 939-1880, and ask for the Peachbottom rate.

msporre

« Reply #33 on: Sep 12, 2009, 10:22 »
For those of you staying at the Candlewood, Homewood, or Spring Hill Suites in Belcamp/Riverside, don't miss Happy Hour and dinner at Bliss Coffee & Wine, 1402 Handlir Drive, Bel Air, MD 21015.  We are located on Philadelphia Rd. (Rt. 7) just west of Riverside Parkway (Rt. 543) between Candlewood Inn and Spring Hill Suites. We are a full service restaurant serving lunch and dinner. 

Monday - Happy Hour all day - $2 drafts - $3 select wines
Tuesday to Friday - Happy Hour 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. $2.50 drafts
Wednesday - (9/16 and 9/30) Live acoustic entertainment 5:30 to 9:30.  Also on Wed 9/16 tarot card readings with Leslie - this is a very popular event!  Purchase an entree and any bottle over $35 is 1/2 off - valid every Wednesday.
Saturday - Live jazz 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. - reservations are recommended

Ask your server about our "Frequent Guest Card" specials.

Hours:
Sunday Brunch 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Mon to Thurs 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Fri 11 a.m. to 12 a.m.
Sat 5 p.m. to 12 a.m.

Please call us if you have any questions 410-272-0505.

We look forward to serving you in our upscale relaxing atmosphere!

radar234

« Reply #34 on: Nov 24, 2009, 03:57 »
 There are several places right off the freeway at Aberdeen that want $55/night but will negotiate for $45 to $48/night.  The Days Inn, etc.
For the budget minded, there is the Dutch Treat Inn in Ronks, PA (next to Strausburg, PA).  They rent an average size room for $266/wk tax included.  They have well covered windows for the nightshift worker and respect your do not disturb sign.  There is easy access to fine dining and most brands of casual dining within 4 miles.  Target and Kmart are nearby as well as a large outlet store area and small movie theater.  There are several Amish tourist attractions nearby.

The  trip is about 28 miles.  Most travel is on roads that travel from 45 to 65 MPH.  Typical travel time is 40 minutes.  There are a lot less Amish buggy delays than from York.  The owner operates the facility and tries to make sure you are happy with your stay.  Something to consider.

shirleydoud

« Reply #35 on: Jul 06, 2010, 10:54 »
For those going to Peach bottom this year, I am the Director of Sales for Wingate by Wyndham in Belcamp Md. We are about a 30 minute drive from Peach Bottom. The easiest way between our hotel and Peach Bottom is to take 136 over to 543. We are located on 543 right across the street from the Riverside shopping center. We offer all of the following at no charge: Internet, hot buffet breakfast, managers reception Tuesday - Thursday, Indoor pool with Jacuzzi whirlpool, beautiful private and quiet courtyard with gas grill. We also feature a full kitchen with cook top and oven on third floor which is for our guests to use. Contact Shirley Doud for rates which will vary based on length of stay. 410-272-2929 or email her at wingate.sales.aberdeen@gmail.com

Offline DebBixler

• Lurker
Peach Bottom Lodging = 30 mile trip From York
« Reply #36 on: Jul 10, 2010, 12:50 »
Private home in quiet neighborhood and easy access to Peach Bottom.  Rent a room by the day, week or by the month.  Call for info: 717-751-2793

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #37 on: Jul 11, 2010, 02:59 »
Before anyone PMs/emails me, I will NOT be providing housing opportunities this year.

mytmoos

Rooms for rent for Peach Bottom and TMI outages 2011
« Reply #38 on: Jul 16, 2011, 09:34 »
Rooms for rent in a house at Airville, about 10 minutes from Peach Bottom plant.  Will be sharing with other outage workers.  Access to entire house- no one resides there permanently. 5 bedrooms available in two seperate living areas( 3 upstairs bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths rooms on main level and 2 rooms in finished basement which has own kitchenette, bath, living/dining rooms). Potentially can house 12 people.  House is 10 minutes from Peach Bottom and 45 minutes from TMI. $235 per person per week.  First week rent due in advance. For more info call 717-862-3280 or e-mail: mytmoos@yahoo.com with contact information.

autmrose228

Re: Rooms for rent for Peach Bottom and TMI outages 2011
« Reply #39 on: Aug 25, 2011, 06:58 »
Mytmoos,

Hello my name is Katie I sent you an email to see of you still had rooms available, I'm desperately searching for a place to stay for the upcoming 2011 outage. :D

autmrose228

Any rooms still available near Peach Bottom???
« Reply #40 on: Aug 25, 2011, 07:59 »
I got in last minute to the Peach 2011 outage and need housing ASAP!!! Any information anyone has would be greatly appreciated!! :-X

rhoades890

lodging / in delta 5 mins from the plant
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2012, 10:56 »
Lodging for pb outage worked full kitchen,bath and bedroom private fence and your own entrance , walking distance from sub shop and coffee cafe
 Contract jarrett 443 807 6648

Offline pboutage

• Lurker
« Reply #42 on: Sep 02, 2012, 07:19 »
3 bedroom, 2 bath house to share with one male nuke worker for duration of 2012 Peach Bottom outage.  Laundry facilities, satellite TV, 15 minutes from plant, $200 per week.  Reply to peachbottomoutage@gmail.com for more details.

Offline DeltaTemp11235

• Lurker
« Reply #43 on: Sep 06, 2012, 09:44 »
Available immediately for P2R19 one private room for rent, fully furnished in private house. Has central A/C & heat, own Dish TV, 8 miles from plant. $100/week, flexible timing. Call Tony at 443-243-1307.

rhoades890

« Reply #44 on: Oct 23, 2012, 08:51 »
One bedroom apartment for rent in Delta, PA.  Utilities included; $750 a month.
Spacious living area with kitchen, full bath, living room, and washer/dryer.
Contact Jarrett at 443-807-6648

KarenK

Peach Bottom Lodging - Fall Outage 2013
« Reply #45 on: Feb 05, 2013, 04:44 »
I met so many wonderful Peach Bottom contractors that stayed at either the Comfort Inn & Suites - Aberdeen Proving Grounds Area or the LaQuinta Inn & Suites - Edgewood/APG South for the Fall Outage 2012.  As representative for these 2 of the 3 properties, the contractors had expressed frustration at  not being able to find quality accommodations that were budget friendly until they landed with us.  Both hotels are at exit 77A right off Interstate 95.  The commute is about 40 easy minutes.  (I live about 6 miles from Delta so I make this drive every day).  Both hotels offer complimentary breakfast and high speed internet access.  Though it outage is several months away, please feel free to reply if you would like some more information. 

KarenK

Peach Bottom Fall Outage 2013 - Lodging Options
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2013, 03:10 »
Once the schedule is out, don't forget to start looking at your lodging options early.  Rooms in private homes fill up quickly.  Why not consider hotels?  There are 3 hotels in the Aberdeen/Bel Air/Edgewood area of Maryland worth considering: LaQuinta Inn & Suites, Comfort Inn & Suites and Hampton Inn & Suites - they are just minutes from Philadelphia Road & Rt.136 which will take you right to Delta.  Feel free to send me an email so I can provide quotes: karen@bluegrass-management.com

Each hotel offers:  hearty complimentary breakfast, complimentary high speed internet access and house keeping services.     

rmason9

3 rooms for contractors 25 min to Peach Bottom 410 652-5049
« Reply #47 on: Jun 14, 2013, 04:51 »
 I have 1 large room with pirvate bath...2 other smaller rooms w/private bath down stairs.   20 min from peach bottom   kitchen available to you. Private  beautiful view large windows very spacious....  on a farm close just 5 minutes to grocery, gas, convience store, library, biking trails.  WIFI   as requested,,, 410 652 5049 $$ weekly rate  fully furnished!!!

rmason9

peach bottom outage contractor rooms
« Reply #48 on: Jun 15, 2013, 03:55 »
 5 rooms avail in private quite home on a farm...2 bathrooms    1 very large room with private bathroom  for 250wk
 other 4 /200wk   per  person..  The rooms are very large could hold hold 3 or four people.   full kitchen micro/ fridge  very quiet country setting You will be able to get the rest you need and save a bundle on travel and lodging expenses.    to reserve your room payment in full for the amount of weeks you are staying.   just about  21 miles from plant.  No traffic on your work travel.  Your rent includes wash dry and pressing or you can do it yourself. washer and dryer avail/  fresh Keurig Coffee avail 24/7
Plenty of cabinet space for everyone!!  very spacious! you have access to entire house.  Living room dinning room  very quiet. There is a local grocery store, gas, seafood restaurant, barber, library, Bike trail, creeks, fishing,  alll under 3 miles from house. This is your best deal!!  Aberdeen and edgewood  is congested and tons on traffic.  You will travel to and from work on nice country roads (not back roads) with viewing  Maryland's Harford County , Maryland.  the address is 4319 Norrisville Road Whitehall, MD 21161 ....  You'll want to book for next year!  410 652 5049   non-smoking.  Long term is also nice!

Content1

Re: peach bottom outage contractor rooms
« Reply #49 on: Jun 17, 2013, 03:23 »
5 rooms avail in private quite home on a farm...2 bathrooms    1 very large room with private bathroom  for 250wk
 other 4 /200wk   per  person..  The rooms are very large could hold hold 3 or four people.   full kitchen micro/ fridge  very quiet country setting You will be able to get the rest you need and save a bundle on travel and lodging expenses.    to reserve your room payment in full for the amount of weeks you are staying.   just about  21 miles from plant.  No traffic on your work travel.  Your rent includes wash dry and pressing or you can do it yourself. washer and dryer avail/  fresh Keurig Coffee avail 24/7
Plenty of cabinet space for everyone!!  very spacious! you have access to entire house.  Living room dinning room  very quiet. There is a local grocery store, gas, seafood restaurant, barber, library, Bike trail, creeks, fishing,  alll under 3 miles from house. This is your best deal!!  Aberdeen and edgewood  is congested and tons on traffic.  You will travel to and from work on nice country roads (not back roads) with viewing  Maryland's Harford County , Maryland.  the address is 4319 Norrisville Road Whitehall, MD 21161 ....  You'll want to book for next year!  410 652 5049   non-smoking.  Long term is also nice!
I had spoke to you on the phone.  A few clarifications are in order here.  It is about a 9 week outage and that would entail paying $2,250 for the $250/week or $1800 for the $200/week up front.  Many cannot come up with such a sum up front, as we are reimbursed per diem on a weekly basis.  We usually pay weekly 1 week in advance, not knowing when our layoff day is.  You mentioned the smaller rooms could hold up to 3 people at $200 per week, are you saying a small room will cost $600/wk?  If we are paying per week many prefer not to share a room and pay slightly more.  At 21 miles away its utility is less then if it were only 5 miles away, something we factor in the price.  Are these all furnished rooms?   Is the internet available?  Thank you for your information.

Content1

« Reply #50 on: Jun 17, 2013, 03:31 »
I have a  report date of 8/25/13 and I am looking for a room for about 9 weeks near the Peachbottom station.  I am prepared to pay a week in advance plus a refundable security deposit.  If you have something available you can reach me at Cotent_1@hotmail.com or text me at (925) 518-7642.  I am hoping internet services are available along with washing facilities. 

Offline ericharrell

• Lurker
« Reply #51 on: Jun 21, 2013, 05:07 »
Red Roof Inn in Aberdeen is offering a rate of $445 per week for a Standard King Room.  They recently went thru a serious renovation. I'm still searching the area,  so I will post any good deals I come across.

Offline Jackys75

• Lurker
« Reply #52 on: Jun 23, 2013, 09:31 »
Hello,

I am seeking a furnished apt or house for rent with 2 bedrooms near the Peach Bottom Nuclear Power Plant.  I am looking for privacy. I would like it to include its own kitchen, bathroom, A/C, & laundry facilities. With good smelling water. I hope to have Internet service available. I will be arriving 8/24/13.  
  If you have a place available or a suggestion, please email me at tarad75@hotmail.com.  Or call or text my cell  (319)270-6320.  Thank you for your time.  - Tara.                                             PS. I am allergic to cats.
« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2013, 09:34 by Jackys75 »

Content1

« Reply #53 on: Jul 03, 2013, 07:20 »
I have a  report date of 8/25/13 and I am looking for a room for about 9 weeks near the Peachbottom station.  I am prepared to pay a week in advance plus a refundable security deposit.  If you have something available you can reach me at Cotent_1@hotmail.com or text me at (925) 518-7642.  I am hoping internet services are available along with washing facilities. 
Sorry, my email address is Content_1@hotmail.com

Offline rpcarp

• Light User
« Reply #54 on: Jul 19, 2013, 02:33 »
I am looking for a campground near peach that has full hook ups and doesn't have to move once a week like the state parks require. Any help would be appreciated

Offline rpcarp

• Light User
« Reply #55 on: Jul 19, 2013, 05:50 »
Are there any campgrounds with full hookups including sewage near peach. Ones that don't make you move once a week. Any help would be appreciated

Offline NightCrawler

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #56 on: Aug 08, 2013, 02:58 »
I'm looking for a place for two to stay near Peach Bottom during the upcoming outage.  We're looking for any rental for 2-3 months.  If you have anything please email me at jrjr23@yahoo.com.

Offline NightCrawler

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #57 on: Aug 08, 2013, 03:06 »
I am looking for a place to stay for two in the area.  We will be here for about 9 weeks.  We can pay a refundable down for security deposit.  If you have anything close to this please email me at jrjr23@yahoo.com.

Offline vrischman

• Lurker
« Reply #58 on: Aug 13, 2013, 09:47 »
My brother and I are going to be working there anyone of any campgrounds near by that are reasonably priced?

KarenK

Lodging Options for Peach Bottom Outage 2014
« Reply #59 on: Mar 27, 2014, 01:32 »
 [pillow]

If you find that lodging options are few and far between while working during the outage at Peach Bottom, consider the newly refreshed Comfort Inn & Suites or LaQuinta Inn & Suites in the Aberdeen/Edgewood areas of Maryland.  The hotels are right off Interstate 95 so getting around is easy.  Save time and money by enjoying a complimentary breakfast each day.   You'll appreciate having a location near restuarants and entertainment too!

Comfort Inn & Suites - Aberdeen Proving Grounds Area, 2112A Emmorton Park Road, Edgewood, MD 21040  410.670.6000
LaQuinta Inn & Suites - Edgewood/APG South, 2112B Emmorton Park Road, Edgewood, MD 20140   410.676.6979

Karen Kneib, Regional Manager
karen@bluegrass-management.com or 410.698.7222

Offline nancypompom

• Very Lite User
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2014, 08:23 »
MARCH 2015
Room for rent in private home only 15 minutes from Peach Bottom plant near Castleton Road and Flintville Rd.  Quiet, non-smoking home located on 4 acres with small dog and cat on property.  Room has private bath (shower)  No internet.  Cable TV in family room.  Fridge space and microwave in kitchen.   $210 a week.  Laundry privileges negotiable.

Contact Nancy @ 410-937-5898
« Last Edit: Mar 12, 2015, 06:36 by nancypompom »

Offline tim1423

• Lurker
« Reply #61 on: Jun 03, 2014, 09:20 »
 This house is now available for rent as of 6/1/2015                                                                                                                                                                                                                   I have a two bedroom house in Airville 15 minutes from the plant. The property  is currently ready to rent. Prefer 6 months or greater lease. Updated clean and spacious with all major appliances including washer and dryer. Yard and property maintenance included. Location access all hard surface right off route 74.
Please contact: George Hartman 410-916-1694 or email tim66444@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: Jun 03, 2015, 10:37 by tim1423 »

Offline gayrezin

• Lurker
Re: Peach Bottom
« Reply #62 on: Jun 19, 2014, 09:58 »
Quiet country home 39 miles from Peach Bottom Plant.

• Private room
  • Private bath
  • Private entrance
  • Washer - dryer
  • Kitchen access

Call or email for more info:
717-741-1344
momrezin@hotmail.com

Offline rpcarp

• Light User
« Reply #63 on: Aug 08, 2014, 10:18 »
2014 Fall Season Campground
I have spoken with the Muddy Run Campground in Holtwood, PA They have said if they can get a guarantee that 30-40 people will commit to staying with them for the outage they will stay open for the outage workers. They have 21 so far. Anyone that still needs a site call today so we all have a site. This is Their information
172 Bethesda Church Rd W, Holtwood, PA 17532
(717) 284-5850
$500 a month
They have water and electric on the sites
They have shower houses and laundry on site

Offline Rotosplit

• Lurker
« Reply #64 on: Aug 12, 2014, 05:43 »
Hi, I am coming down for the 2014 outage.  Does anyone have places to stay?  Please message me.

Offline trishfarrish

• Lurker
Rooms for rent in Delta
« Reply #65 on: Sep 07, 2014, 09:29 »
Victorian House with rooms for rent!
     *Cozy, clean rooms ready to rent by the month...
     *Private room with access to kitchen, full bath, dining and         
       living room
     *Must supply own air mattress, NO smoking inside, NO pets!
     *Only 5 min to Peach Bottom plant!
     *$800.00/month plus electric ($800.00) security deposit)
     *Rooms for nuc workers only/single room occupancy
     *Please RSVP to tfarrish21@aol.com......

Offline mytmoos

• Very Lite User
Looking for people who will be working at the Peach Bottom-Delta, PA outage who need housing. Would prefer workers that will be staying through the entire outage. House location about 10 minutes from Peach Bottom. Could accommodate a group of up to 8 people who would room together in a 4 bedroom, 3 bath house. No smoking/no pets.  Call 717-862-3280 for more information or reply to mytmoos@yahoo.com.
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2015, 07:37 by mytmoos »

Offline mytmoos

• Very Lite User
Re: Peach Bottom Lodging for 2015
« Reply #67 on: Sep 15, 2014, 11:20 »
Have housing available in Airville, about 10-miles from plant. It is a 4 bedroom house w/3 baths, full kitchen, living room, Internet/Cable TV.   Single occupancy room rate is $245 per week, double occupancy rate is $400 per room per week- all rooms can have 2 single beds  Can house group of up to 8 people if you have people you normally travel with. Is available immediately and would prefer renting for the entire outage or longer. No smoking/no pets.
Also have 2 single rooms about 5 miles from the plant at my personal residence. Will share bath with another Peach Bottom worker, but access to entire large farm house-have separate sitting area with cable and Internet access. Call 717-862-3280 for more information or reply to this message at mytmoos@yahoo.com.
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2015, 05:13 by mytmoos »

Offline need2rentnow

• Lurker
« Reply #68 on: Oct 25, 2014, 10:06 »

Looking for 3 bedroom house fully furnished/unfurnished to rent now that is close to Peach Bottom or Atom Rd or Delta Rd. We would also consider renting rooms in someones house. Three professional workers that is clean & respectful wherever we stay.

Please email me your name, phone number and address of rental house so we can confirm the distance from your rental house to our work. Also let us know if you are renting your entire house or if you are renting rooms

Today's date 10/25/14
Email: need2rentnow@gmail.com

Respectfully,
Curtis

Offline tfarrish

• Lurker
rooms for rent/main street delta
« Reply #69 on: Nov 16, 2014, 09:30 »
5 min to plant! Victorian house with rooms for rent... text trish 410-688-1735

Offline tfarrish

• Lurker
« Reply #70 on: Nov 20, 2014, 07:43 »
Rooms in Victorian house in Delta, PA on Main Street for rent.  This ideal location is 5 minutes from the plant.  Rooms available immediately.  Ready for a new crew! 
Please email me if interested at: tfarrish21@aol.com
I look forward to hearing from YOU!

Offline Chell

• Lurker
« Reply #71 on: Mar 17, 2015, 10:36 »
Havre de Grace, MD. Charming waterfront town with great activities and amenities. Easy scenic drive to Peach Bottom. We have two units currently available. We have leased to workers in the past. One unit is located at a marina along the beautiful waterfront and comes fully furnished, has one bedroom, full kitchen, cable tv included and utilities. No pets. Suitable for one guest at $1,100 a month. The second unit is also located downtown in the historic district one block off of the waterfront. It has two bedrooms, two full baths, full kitchen. Tenant is responsible for all utilities. If furnished unit rents for $1,450.00 if unfurnished unit rents for $1,200.00. No pets. Both units are within walking distance to all historic downtown restaurants, attractions and activities. One months rent required as security deposit on either unit.

Offline edenpearl

• Lurker
« Reply #72 on: Jun 09, 2015, 08:05 »
Looking for lodging at Peach Bottom. I am interested a place to live for three months. Possibly a furnished apartment or a hotel room. I travel alone and stay alone. I will be at Peach Bottom from August 3 till October 31. Any information would be appreciated.

Offline edenpearl

• Lurker
« Reply #73 on: Jun 09, 2015, 08:06 »
Havre de Grace, MD. Charming waterfront town with great activities and amenities. Easy scenic drive to Peach Bottom. We have two units currently available. We have leased to workers in the past. One unit is located at a marina along the beautiful waterfront and comes fully furnished, has one bedroom, full kitchen, cable tv included and utilities. No pets. Suitable for one guest at $1,100 a month. The second unit is also located downtown in the historic district one block off of the waterfront. It has two bedrooms, two full baths, full kitchen. Tenant is responsible for all utilities. If furnished unit rents for $1,450.00 if unfurnished unit rents for $1,200.00. No pets. Both units are within walking distance to all historic downtown restaurants, attractions and activities. One months rent required as security deposit on either unit.

Any contact info?

rhoades890

« Reply #74 on: Jul 28, 2015, 09:09 »
Shared rooms $185 . 16 miles from peach bottom aprox 20min drive, surround by gas station and restaurants in Hictory md ... Must be respectful and have concern for others . Very nice place with full kitchen for the house to share. Contract jarrett 443-807-6648

sfreeman

« Reply #75 on: Sep 02, 2015, 10:21 »
Furnished 1-BR apartment for rent (monthly) in Forest Hill, MD  18 miles from plant.  Located minutes from Bel Air and very convenient to restaurants and shopping.
AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY

Full kitchen, living room and large master bedroom with full large bath
1.5 bath
Cable/Wifi
Washer & dryer
Smoke free environment
Pet free environment
$985 month incl. utilities

Text- 410-937-7818 or email sherri@baymaninc.com

Offline jtrushmore

• Lurker
Peach Bottom Lodging
« Reply #76 on: Sep 12, 2015, 02:03 »
Anyone know of somewhere ~10 minutes from the plant with accommodations for 2 people?

Offline toohipsi

• Very Lite User
« Reply #77 on: Sep 21, 2015, 05:26 »
I have a 2 bedroom house in Whiteford approx 4 miles from the plant. I will have 2 rooms available around the middle of October. Full kitchen, shared full bath, cable tv, and electric included. $250/week per room. Looking for 2 people.

443-410-4432
Matt
« Last Edit: Sep 22, 2015, 08:40 by toohipsi »

Offline nancypompom

• Very Lite User
« Reply #78 on: Jan 19, 2016, 03:05 »
JANUARY 2016
Room for rent in private home only 15 minutes from Peach Bottom plant near Castleton Road and Flintville Rd.  Quiet, non-smoking home located on 4 acres with small dog and cat on property.  Room has private bath (shower).  Wifi, cable TV, laundry privileges and fridge space and use of microwave in kitchen.   $250 a week.

Offline nancypompom

• Very Lite User
« Reply #79 on: Jan 19, 2016, 03:29 »
JANUARY 2016

FURNISHED Efficiency apartment in private home, basement level.  Apartment has 2 bedrooms, bathroom with shower, kitchen with washer and dryer, Wifi and cable TV. Rent is $250 per week PER BEDROOM.
Quiet location on 4 acres, NON SMOKING household.  Looking for quiet, respectful tenants.   
No lease or security deposit.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 01:51 by nancypompom »

rhoades890

Rooms
« Reply #80 on: Feb 05, 2016, 10:20 »
Private rooms  and shared area rooms
Very new home with the whole house to outage workers
Furnished with washer and dyer , catv and wireless .
One room is private with private bath , other rooms are private with shared bath and shared rooms have shared bath ..
443-807-6648, jarrett

Offline nancypompom

• Very Lite User
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2016, 11:23 »
MAY 2016

I have a bedroom w/private bath, shared kitchen & laundry available.  Cable TV and wifi included.   Small dog & cat in home.  Quiet, clean, NON-SMOKING residence.
$250 per week.  It's  only 15 minutes from the Peach Bottom plant.

I also have a FURNISHED basement level apartment with two bedrooms, also $250 PER BEDROOM per week. Cable TV and wifi included.  Washer/Dryer
in apartment.  Quiet, clean, NON-SMOKING residence only 15 minutes from the Peach Bottom plant.

Call Nancy @ 410-937-5898
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 01:51 by nancypompom »

Offline toohipsi

• Very Lite User
« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2016, 12:24 »
I have a one bedroom one bath apartment very clean, has private bathroom and kitchen. 250/week located in whiteford approx 4 miles from plant. Please call 443-410-4432 Matt

Offline Jojo

• Lurker
Peach bottom lodging
« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2016, 02:23 »
I have a room for rent in red lion pa. Right outside of Brogue. Beautiful country setting. Fully furnished. Free Cable and wifi. Must be a non smoker, quiet and clean. $200-$250 per week. callor text 717.578.4171

Offline Jojo

• Lurker
Re: Re: Peach Bottom
« Reply #84 on: Jun 16, 2016, 07:37 »
I have a furnished room available starting in November. I am in red lion, pa just north of Brogue. Best way to contact me is @ 717.578.4171

Offline Pw246

• Lurker
Room & Board in Glen Rock
« Reply #85 on: Aug 15, 2016, 02:20 »
I have a newly renovated furnished bedroom situated with large trees and deer that run through the ridgeline of woods in a quiet neighborhood. Share bathroom & kitchen with professional woman. Washer & dryer available for your use, included in rent. Only 20 minutes from the plant, restaurants, shopping, movies close by. Serious inquiries only. Please respond to cjsl246@comcast.net or call 717-880-1423- Pam
« Last Edit: Sep 19, 2016, 02:37 by Pw246 »

Offline LorenzoMannino

• Lurker
: Peach Bottom Lodging
« Reply #86 on: Aug 18, 2016, 04:48 »
Fully furnished apartment for rent for outage workers. Sleeps 4. Quiet setting, moments from PA/MD line. 3 miles from Peach Bottom Power Plant and Calpine Plant. Water, Electric, Trash included in rent $850 per month. Fully furnished and CLEAN.  Call 717-676-5875 for more info.

Offline LorenzoMannino

• Lurker
« Reply #87 on: Aug 18, 2016, 10:49 »
Unit has been rented, call 717-676-5875 to see if other units are available.

Offline Bhoutz

• Lurker
« Reply #88 on: Sep 17, 2016, 09:45 »
Looking for a furnished apartment, for the Peach Bottom outage starting October 20th. 717-679-1018

Offline mytmoos

• Very Lite User
« Reply #89 on: Sep 20, 2016, 06:01 »
3 bedroom house for rent, house up to 6 people. Full kitchen, DR. LR, 1 1/2 baths. 12 minutes to plant. Email or call 7178623280 leave message.

Offline ksinopoli

• Lurker
Accommodations available in Edgewood, MD!!
« Reply #90 on: Oct 10, 2016, 02:24 »
We have accommodations available at our Comfort Inn & Suites and La Quinta in Edgewood, MD! King and Double bed rooms available with breakfast included. Get a good night's rest at our Hotels. Give us a call to book your room now :)

Offline mcross

• Lurker
« Reply #91 on: Apr 08, 2017, 08:04 »
I have a 2 bedroom apartment with private entrance, full kitchen and bath. A/C, DirecTV.
8 miles to plant
$400/week Double occupancy per bedroom
or
$300/week single occupancy per bedroom

Offline nancypompom

• Very Lite User
« Reply #92 on: Jun 11, 2017, 06:57 »
One bedroom basement apartment 15 minutes from plant.  Has full kitchen, washer & dryer, full bath (shower), wifi, and cable TV.  Clean, quiet, non-smoking home.  Small dog and cat on premises.  $275.00 a week. Call Nancy 410-937-5898

Offline toohipsi

• Very Lite User
« Reply #93 on: Jun 14, 2017, 02:48 »
3br apartment for rent in Forest Hill. TV, Couch and Bed Frame are included. Cable tv and electric also covered. Prefer to rent to at least 2 workers at a time. $275/week.per person.
Feel free to call with any questions.  I have previous experience with power plant worker housing.  Washer and drier also are included in the unit basement.
Apartment will be available on 3/11/18 Thanks!

Matt 410-808-4409
« Last Edit: Mar 12, 2018, 08:35 by toohipsi »

Offline conifer2

• Lurker
« Reply #94 on: Aug 03, 2017, 12:03 »
House share in Peach Bottom minutes from plant . Big bedrooms , cable , Great wifi, washer dryer , use of well equipped kitchen , Heat , ac !!! Nice quiet setting 250.00 Week Call Mike 717-587-3660

Offline mcross

• Lurker
« Reply #95 on: Aug 29, 2017, 09:44 »
I have a 2 bedroom apartment with private entrance, full kitchen and bath. A/C, DirecTV.
8 miles to plant
$400/week Double occupancy per bedroom
or
$300/week single occupancy per bedroom
Please call or text 410-459-1359
email mcross1716@gmail.com

Offline ksinopoli

• Lurker
« Reply #96 on: Oct 11, 2017, 09:11 »
Hello!

Our Comfort Inn & Suites and La Quinta Inn & Suites Aberdeen/Edgewood, MD have rooms available at a $67 for King or Two Double Bed room! Breakfast, parking, Wi-Fi, microwaves and refrigerators in rooms. We are conveniently located off the highway and close to many restaurant's.

Call the front desk at 410-670-6006 for Comfort Inn and 410-676-6969 for the La Quinta. We look forward to seeing you!

Offline tim1423

• Lurker
House for rent
« Reply #97 on: Mar 24, 2018, 08:26 »
Two bedroom home for rent a few miles from the plant now ready for move in 3-24-18. If interested please give me a call or text George 410-916-1694

Offline Karissa76

• Lurker
« Reply #98 on: Sep 07, 2018, 04:04 »
1-2 bedroom basement with full bathroom, living room, dining area, separate entrance, fully furnished, with kitchenette (microwave, outside sink, coffee maker, toaster, pantry, electric stovetop)  , private /secluded  outside patio, short 12-20 minute drive to Peach Bottom (much shorter than Aberdeen), I have had many workers rent the unit.    $275.00 a week  Please call or text Karissa 410-830-9052

Offline wvonbank

• Lurker
« Reply #99 on: Jun 03, 2019, 05:14 »
I have 3 bedrooms for rent long term or short term, 15 minutes from Peach Bottom. You can stay one night $40 or weekly for $100, monthly for $400. Cable internet and elect included. Friendly environment. Call will at 717-781-3796. Anytime.

Offline ComfortInn_AberdeenMD

• Very Lite User
« Reply #100 on: Aug 21, 2019, 07:59 »
Hi Guys!It's so nice to virtually meet all of you! I'm New Director of Sales & Marketing for Comfort InnĀ® hotels!I'm just reaching out to all my Peachbottom ppl that may need lodging and would love to offer our future guests  exclusive rates for your stay. Plus, for staying with us and mentioning  Comfort InnĀ® hotels in Aberdeen to your crew I will gladly give bonus points if they refer 5 crew members from Peachbottom nuclear.
We are offering $74 for NK - 1 King Bed, or/and NDD-2 Double Beds.
Our close proximity to the plant (30mins), and Hollywood Casino.MD could be the beginning of something grand for you.
 Set off I-95, we are 2 miles from Ripken Stadium and 6 miles from Chesapeake Bay views and historical exhibits at Concord Point Lighthouse. We have available meeting rooms and boast 119 rooms. We offer relaxed quarters centrally located in the heart of Aberdeen. We offer a free continental breakfast & Wi-Fi, plus a lounge, outdoor pool & gym and an outside half basketball court. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with me if you need anything.  Thank you again  I hope to hear from you all soon. Sincerely,
---
Nikki Peters Director of Sales & Marketing Comfort Inn & Suites Aberdeen 980 Hospitality Way, Aberdeen, MD 21001 office (410) 273-6300 ext 7157 fax 410-273-6124 Follow us on Instagram! www.instagram.com/comfortinnaberdeen

Offline baige11

• Lurker
Re: Peach Bottom Lodging 2023
« Reply #101 on: Sep 15, 2023, 02:41 »
The Comfort Inn Aberdeen MD has updated rooms, full Breakfast,  an IHOP and local Dining in walking distance with rooms available for October outage.   Great rates for workers, if you have specific needs, feel free to inbox me for preferred pricing. 

Thank you!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?