Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Peach Bottom Lodging honeypot

Author Topic: Peach Bottom Lodging  (Read 126684 times)

JustinHEMI05

Re: Peach Bottom Lodging
« Reply #25 on: Jun 16, 2009, 04:48 »
Sorry haven't checked this thread in a while.

If you like being 20-30 miles from everything, then this place is for you. It defines podunk. :)

I like it. Where I live is only 8 miles from the plant.

Justin

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #26 on: Jun 16, 2009, 04:50 »
Oh, and as for opening rooms this year. I likely will not simply because I will be in the home stretch of my licensing training. Right around the outage time I will be getting ready for the NRC final exam so I will probably want to minimize distractions.

Justin

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #27 on: Jun 16, 2009, 04:56 »
Aww, c'mon Justin, I don't play my bagpipe CD's thaat loud...amd I'll keep my traveling chihuahuas quiet  :P

Sdoud

« Reply #28 on: Jul 20, 2009, 01:20 »
Hello Everyone,
I am the director of sales for Candlewood Suites and we are offering special rates for those going to the peach bottom outage.
Right now our rates are $49.99 per night for one queen bed.
2 double beds or one king bed are $69.99

The rate for the queen bed is only available for a limited time. Not sure how long I will be able to keep that rate that low without getting fired! The double and king room rate is fixed as long as we have availability.

We have fully equipped kitchens in every room. Full size refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, and cook top. In addition we offer free use of our laundry facilities. We have a work out gym and a gazebo outside with 2 gas grills that are free to use. Also have a business center with free internet.

It is true what was posted above that we allow a pet w/fee. We are about a 30 minute drive to Peach Bottom. As you all probably know there is only one hotel in the Peach bottom area which is the Peach bottom Inn which I suspect is already full. There are plenty of things to do around our hotel. We have a shop rite grocery store, Ruby Tuesday, McDonalds, Burger king, Roy Rogers, Cracker barrel, and a pizza hut. In addition to all the other usual shops.

If anyone would like to make a booking before we run out of space or I am forced to raise the rate for the queens just give us a call at 410-914-3060 or email me at cwhotels@gmail.com

Sdoud

« Reply #29 on: Jul 21, 2009, 10:48 »
 Just an update!
We got such a good response after my email yesterday but unfortunately I had to raise the rate.
The remaining queens that I have held are now still priced pretty low though at $59.99 with our doubles still remaining at $69.99
Be sure to give me a call or email me if you are interested as the rates for these rooms could go up also. Our rates are very low because we are a brand new hotel that just opened on March 18th. However, we are selling out quite a bit already due to the low rates so the owner is thinking about raising them some. Can't guarantee the rates above unless you call while they are still at that rate!
We look forward to hosting all those who have booked already!
See ya soon!!

Shirley Doud (Director of Sales)
410-914-3060
cwhotels@gmail.com
« Last Edit: Jul 30, 2009, 08:54 by Sdoud »

Offline jposey12

• Lurker
« Reply #30 on: Aug 12, 2009, 04:13 »
For a furnished room about 18 miles north of the plant on RT 74. contact Jerry, Penny or Jared. We have a farm house to rent available 4 rooms. Rent by the weekly for outage. All rooms share two bathrooms and a full kitchen. Call: 717-927-6036 or email: jposey12@yahoo.com Also looking for long term renters. Rooms available for 2012 outage.
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2012, 10:14 by jposey12 »

Sdoud

« Reply #31 on: Aug 18, 2009, 03:51 »
For those of you coming into Peach Bottom we still have some rooms available and the rate has stayed at the $49.99 for Queens and $64.99 for doubles. Give us a call @ 410-914-3060
We currently have about 70% of our rooms filled with Peach Bottom outage workers. We look forward to seeing you all soon!

super8hdg

« Reply #32 on: Aug 27, 2009, 08:44 »
Hello Everybody...
For anyone still looking for rooms for the Peachbottom outage, we still have plenty of rooms at the Super 8 in Havre de Grace.  We've got a special for the Peachbottom crew of $48 plus tax per night for a room with two doubles, one or two person occupancy.  Of course we have free wi-fi and fridge/microwaves in all rooms, plus grocery store next door.  (410) 939-1880, and ask for the Peachbottom rate.

msporre

« Reply #33 on: Sep 12, 2009, 10:22 »
For those of you staying at the Candlewood, Homewood, or Spring Hill Suites in Belcamp/Riverside, don't miss Happy Hour and dinner at Bliss Coffee & Wine, 1402 Handlir Drive, Bel Air, MD 21015.  We are located on Philadelphia Rd. (Rt. 7) just west of Riverside Parkway (Rt. 543) between Candlewood Inn and Spring Hill Suites. We are a full service restaurant serving lunch and dinner. 

Monday - Happy Hour all day - $2 drafts - $3 select wines
Tuesday to Friday - Happy Hour 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. $2.50 drafts
Wednesday - (9/16 and 9/30) Live acoustic entertainment 5:30 to 9:30.  Also on Wed 9/16 tarot card readings with Leslie - this is a very popular event!  Purchase an entree and any bottle over $35 is 1/2 off - valid every Wednesday.
Saturday - Live jazz 8 p.m. to 12 a.m. - reservations are recommended

Ask your server about our "Frequent Guest Card" specials.

Hours:
Sunday Brunch 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Mon to Thurs 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Fri 11 a.m. to 12 a.m.
Sat 5 p.m. to 12 a.m.

Please call us if you have any questions 410-272-0505.

We look forward to serving you in our upscale relaxing atmosphere!

radar234

« Reply #34 on: Nov 24, 2009, 03:57 »
 There are several places right off the freeway at Aberdeen that want $55/night but will negotiate for $45 to $48/night.  The Days Inn, etc.
For the budget minded, there is the Dutch Treat Inn in Ronks, PA (next to Strausburg, PA).  They rent an average size room for $266/wk tax included.  They have well covered windows for the nightshift worker and respect your do not disturb sign.  There is easy access to fine dining and most brands of casual dining within 4 miles.  Target and Kmart are nearby as well as a large outlet store area and small movie theater.  There are several Amish tourist attractions nearby.

The  trip is about 28 miles.  Most travel is on roads that travel from 45 to 65 MPH.  Typical travel time is 40 minutes.  There are a lot less Amish buggy delays than from York.  The owner operates the facility and tries to make sure you are happy with your stay.  Something to consider.

shirleydoud

« Reply #35 on: Jul 06, 2010, 10:54 »
For those going to Peach bottom this year, I am the Director of Sales for Wingate by Wyndham in Belcamp Md. We are about a 30 minute drive from Peach Bottom. The easiest way between our hotel and Peach Bottom is to take 136 over to 543. We are located on 543 right across the street from the Riverside shopping center. We offer all of the following at no charge: Internet, hot buffet breakfast, managers reception Tuesday - Thursday, Indoor pool with Jacuzzi whirlpool, beautiful private and quiet courtyard with gas grill. We also feature a full kitchen with cook top and oven on third floor which is for our guests to use. Contact Shirley Doud for rates which will vary based on length of stay. 410-272-2929 or email her at wingate.sales.aberdeen@gmail.com

Offline DebBixler

• Lurker
Peach Bottom Lodging = 30 mile trip From York
« Reply #36 on: Jul 10, 2010, 12:50 »
Private home in quiet neighborhood and easy access to Peach Bottom.  Rent a room by the day, week or by the month.  Call for info: 717-751-2793

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #37 on: Jul 11, 2010, 02:59 »
Before anyone PMs/emails me, I will NOT be providing housing opportunities this year.

mytmoos

Rooms for rent for Peach Bottom and TMI outages 2011
« Reply #38 on: Jul 16, 2011, 09:34 »
Rooms for rent in a house at Airville, about 10 minutes from Peach Bottom plant.  Will be sharing with other outage workers.  Access to entire house- no one resides there permanently. 5 bedrooms available in two seperate living areas( 3 upstairs bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths rooms on main level and 2 rooms in finished basement which has own kitchenette, bath, living/dining rooms). Potentially can house 12 people.  House is 10 minutes from Peach Bottom and 45 minutes from TMI. $235 per person per week.  First week rent due in advance. For more info call 717-862-3280 or e-mail: mytmoos@yahoo.com with contact information.

autmrose228

Re: Rooms for rent for Peach Bottom and TMI outages 2011
« Reply #39 on: Aug 25, 2011, 06:58 »
Mytmoos,

Hello my name is Katie I sent you an email to see of you still had rooms available, I'm desperately searching for a place to stay for the upcoming 2011 outage. :D

autmrose228

Any rooms still available near Peach Bottom???
« Reply #40 on: Aug 25, 2011, 07:59 »
I got in last minute to the Peach 2011 outage and need housing ASAP!!! Any information anyone has would be greatly appreciated!! :-X

rhoades890

lodging / in delta 5 mins from the plant
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2012, 10:56 »
Lodging for pb outage worked full kitchen,bath and bedroom private fence and your own entrance , walking distance from sub shop and coffee cafe
 Contract jarrett 443 807 6648

Offline pboutage

• Lurker
« Reply #42 on: Sep 02, 2012, 07:19 »
3 bedroom, 2 bath house to share with one male nuke worker for duration of 2012 Peach Bottom outage.  Laundry facilities, satellite TV, 15 minutes from plant, $200 per week.  Reply to peachbottomoutage@gmail.com for more details.

Offline DeltaTemp11235

• Lurker
« Reply #43 on: Sep 06, 2012, 09:44 »
Available immediately for P2R19 one private room for rent, fully furnished in private house. Has central A/C & heat, own Dish TV, 8 miles from plant. $100/week, flexible timing. Call Tony at 443-243-1307.

rhoades890

« Reply #44 on: Oct 23, 2012, 08:51 »
One bedroom apartment for rent in Delta, PA.  Utilities included; $750 a month.
Spacious living area with kitchen, full bath, living room, and washer/dryer.
Contact Jarrett at 443-807-6648

KarenK

Peach Bottom Lodging - Fall Outage 2013
« Reply #45 on: Feb 05, 2013, 04:44 »
I met so many wonderful Peach Bottom contractors that stayed at either the Comfort Inn & Suites - Aberdeen Proving Grounds Area or the LaQuinta Inn & Suites - Edgewood/APG South for the Fall Outage 2012.  As representative for these 2 of the 3 properties, the contractors had expressed frustration at  not being able to find quality accommodations that were budget friendly until they landed with us.  Both hotels are at exit 77A right off Interstate 95.  The commute is about 40 easy minutes.  (I live about 6 miles from Delta so I make this drive every day).  Both hotels offer complimentary breakfast and high speed internet access.  Though it outage is several months away, please feel free to reply if you would like some more information. 

KarenK

Peach Bottom Fall Outage 2013 - Lodging Options
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2013, 03:10 »
Once the schedule is out, don't forget to start looking at your lodging options early.  Rooms in private homes fill up quickly.  Why not consider hotels?  There are 3 hotels in the Aberdeen/Bel Air/Edgewood area of Maryland worth considering: LaQuinta Inn & Suites, Comfort Inn & Suites and Hampton Inn & Suites - they are just minutes from Philadelphia Road & Rt.136 which will take you right to Delta.  Feel free to send me an email so I can provide quotes: karen@bluegrass-management.com

Each hotel offers:  hearty complimentary breakfast, complimentary high speed internet access and house keeping services.     

rmason9

3 rooms for contractors 25 min to Peach Bottom 410 652-5049
« Reply #47 on: Jun 14, 2013, 04:51 »
 I have 1 large room with pirvate bath...2 other smaller rooms w/private bath down stairs.   20 min from peach bottom   kitchen available to you. Private  beautiful view large windows very spacious....  on a farm close just 5 minutes to grocery, gas, convience store, library, biking trails.  WIFI   as requested,,, 410 652 5049 $$ weekly rate  fully furnished!!!

rmason9

peach bottom outage contractor rooms
« Reply #48 on: Jun 15, 2013, 03:55 »
 5 rooms avail in private quite home on a farm...2 bathrooms    1 very large room with private bathroom  for 250wk
 other 4 /200wk   per  person..  The rooms are very large could hold hold 3 or four people.   full kitchen micro/ fridge  very quiet country setting You will be able to get the rest you need and save a bundle on travel and lodging expenses.    to reserve your room payment in full for the amount of weeks you are staying.   just about  21 miles from plant.  No traffic on your work travel.  Your rent includes wash dry and pressing or you can do it yourself. washer and dryer avail/  fresh Keurig Coffee avail 24/7
Plenty of cabinet space for everyone!!  very spacious! you have access to entire house.  Living room dinning room  very quiet. There is a local grocery store, gas, seafood restaurant, barber, library, Bike trail, creeks, fishing,  alll under 3 miles from house. This is your best deal!!  Aberdeen and edgewood  is congested and tons on traffic.  You will travel to and from work on nice country roads (not back roads) with viewing  Maryland's Harford County , Maryland.  the address is 4319 Norrisville Road Whitehall, MD 21161 ....  You'll want to book for next year!  410 652 5049   non-smoking.  Long term is also nice!

Content1

Re: peach bottom outage contractor rooms
« Reply #49 on: Jun 17, 2013, 03:23 »
5 rooms avail in private quite home on a farm...2 bathrooms    1 very large room with private bathroom  for 250wk
 other 4 /200wk   per  person..  The rooms are very large could hold hold 3 or four people.   full kitchen micro/ fridge  very quiet country setting You will be able to get the rest you need and save a bundle on travel and lodging expenses.    to reserve your room payment in full for the amount of weeks you are staying.   just about  21 miles from plant.  No traffic on your work travel.  Your rent includes wash dry and pressing or you can do it yourself. washer and dryer avail/  fresh Keurig Coffee avail 24/7
Plenty of cabinet space for everyone!!  very spacious! you have access to entire house.  Living room dinning room  very quiet. There is a local grocery store, gas, seafood restaurant, barber, library, Bike trail, creeks, fishing,  alll under 3 miles from house. This is your best deal!!  Aberdeen and edgewood  is congested and tons on traffic.  You will travel to and from work on nice country roads (not back roads) with viewing  Maryland's Harford County , Maryland.  the address is 4319 Norrisville Road Whitehall, MD 21161 ....  You'll want to book for next year!  410 652 5049   non-smoking.  Long term is also nice!
I had spoke to you on the phone.  A few clarifications are in order here.  It is about a 9 week outage and that would entail paying $2,250 for the $250/week or $1800 for the $200/week up front.  Many cannot come up with such a sum up front, as we are reimbursed per diem on a weekly basis.  We usually pay weekly 1 week in advance, not knowing when our layoff day is.  You mentioned the smaller rooms could hold up to 3 people at $200 per week, are you saying a small room will cost $600/wk?  If we are paying per week many prefer not to share a room and pay slightly more.  At 21 miles away its utility is less then if it were only 5 miles away, something we factor in the price.  Are these all furnished rooms?   Is the internet available?  Thank you for your information.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?