Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Peach Bottom Lodging

Author Topic: Peach Bottom Lodging  (Read 126681 times)

Dan_E.

Peach Bottom Lodging
« on: Jul 28, 2006, 12:05 »
There is nothing to do in Delta, PA but...
For a furnished room that's just a few minutes from the plant contact Pam or Bob running the Delta General Automotive Parts Store and Billiard Goods. They rent available room/rooms that are not filled by locals above their store. Rent is paid weekly and all rooms share one bathroom and the full kitchen. Call: 717-456-7079 or email: deltagen@bdusa.com this info was good as of Fall/03. Oh yeah, if you don't mention that you wll be working at the Peach you'll be told they don't have any rooms.
« Last Edit: Dec 07, 2007, 07:25 by Camella Black »

IPREGEN

Peach Bottom
« Reply #1 on: Jul 12, 2007, 06:36 »
There are only three civilized places,  Bel Air in Maryland, York or Lancaster PA. York is the same side of the river as the plant, Lancaster is across the bridge and north of Quarryville and "The Buck". It has the most restaurants and hotels.

bucsflag99

Peach Bottom
« Reply #2 on: Jul 12, 2007, 06:58 »
Last year I stayed at the Super 8 in Aberdeen, clean, nice staff, reasonable rates, Aberdeen is not a bad drive, plenty of shopping/eating opportunities - great little italian place in shopping center across the road behind the wendys - about 5 minutes from a walmart

I worked night shift and the cleaning staff obeyed the do not disturb sign! 

suggest you join trip rewards if don't already and book through them for the best available rate

good luck and have a nice outage  :)

illegalsmile

Peach Bottom
« Reply #3 on: Aug 31, 2007, 05:51 »

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Peach Bottom
« Reply #4 on: Aug 31, 2007, 10:25 »
The Peach Bottom Inn
http://www.travelpost.com/hotels/Peach_Bottom_Inn/h61422

Peach Bottom Inn said they have been booked for a year.  They recommended The budget Inn or Super 8 in Aberdene MD

Budget Inn $259.95/wk -- NO High speed Internet
Super 8 $350/wk WITH high speed internet.

illegalsmile

Peach Bottom
« Reply #5 on: Sep 01, 2007, 12:22 »
I was also going to suggest the Red Roof in Aberdeen, but I called them and they're booked full. There is a Super 8 in Havre de Grace (410-939-1880), Clarion Hotel in Aberdeen is a tad spendy ($80/night) but they're looking into giving "Peachy People" as the girl called 'em, a break....I'll have info on that Tuesday. Fridge, coffee pot, micro wave and hard wired h/s i/n in each room.
Travelodge (410-272-5500) normally charges $395/wk for 1 person and $440/wk for 2. They are going to call me w/ possible discount rates. They have wireless internet, microwave and fridge in most rooms. I'll look into a few other things and keep y'all posted.

wlrun3@aol.com

Peach Bottom
« Reply #6 on: Sep 02, 2007, 07:44 »

Country Inn and Suites
   245 Saint Charles Way
   York, PA 17402

717 747 5833

On intersection of US 83 and state hiway 74, east edge of York.

Utility discount, roughly $65 a day, called a "PECO discount".

Very new, very clean, next to a Ruby Tuesdays.

Thirty to forty minute drive.

illegalsmile

Peach Bottom
« Reply #7 on: Sep 03, 2007, 04:45 »
Extended Stay America, Exit 80 (Rte 543), about 25 miles to the plant. H/S wireless Internet, Cable TV, Kitchenettes, all utensils, 1 person $70/night, 2 people $85/night.
410-273--194

illegalsmile

Peach Bottom
« Reply #8 on: Sep 04, 2007, 03:34 »
Clarion Hotel in Aberdeen is a tad spendy ($80/night) but they're looking into giving "Peachy People" as the girl called 'em, a break....

Clarion 410-273-6300 will go down to $69/night if you work for Bartlett (or say you do).

illegalsmile

Peach Bottom
« Reply #9 on: Sep 04, 2007, 06:57 »
Campgrounds in the Peach Bottom Area:
Muddy Run Campground - I know the previous SC at Peach stayed there in his 5th wheel. 717-284-5850
Otter Creek Campground - I believe this one is owned by PP&L, 717-862-3628
Susquehanna State Park - This one is in Maryland, but it's not very far from the plant 410-557-7994
Gofford Pinochet State Park - In York County, PA 717-292-4112

Hope this helps

Melrose

Peach Bottom
« Reply #10 on: Sep 05, 2007, 01:56 »
Chesapeake Hotel..... 1800/mo, suites w/ kitchens, bath, on site laundry in Havre de Grace.
Check the net under that name, the rooms look pretty good.  (B&B style)

Offline bfranklin

• Lurker
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Peach Bottom
« Reply #11 on: Nov 12, 2007, 02:06 »
Rooms in a private home <5 minutes from the plant.  Please phone for latest weekly only rates. Very quiet; premium DISH TV including movie/sports channels; kitchen privileges; fridge; coffee/tea maker; sorry no WIFI; shared full bath but private sink (shaving, teeth brushing, etc.) in room; everything except toiletry articles and towels provided. Free fishing in private lake. Laundry facilities available extra. No smoking inside. Don't call if you are afraid of a dog.

***SINGLE OCCUPANCY ONLY!!!***            ***SAFE OFF-STREET PARKING***             ***WALKING DISTANCE TO PLANT PARKING LOT***

Absolutely no holds or reservations -- first come first served.

CALL 717-456-5189 or E-MAIL beryl.franklin@yahoo.com for details. PLEASE don't post questions to this site as I do not check often.

Feel free to call about any other information concerning the area. I'm happy to help any way I can.  Please state that you are a nuke worker when calling.

ADVICE: -- If staying in Delta Main Street business area your vehicle is in extreme danger!!! Vandals will do $1,000 worth of damage if they think they can get a pack of cigarettes, small change or gps.

This is a very rural location and convenient lodging is very limited. Make your arrangements as early as you can. Most camp grounds close on Labor Day.  Most of the houses/apartments that I know of require a long lease.
« Last Edit: Jul 16, 2016, 02:34 by bfranklin »

JustinHEMI05

Re: Peach Bottom Lodging
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2008, 01:02 »
Hey this might be kind of early, but I recently bought a house that is exactly 8.1 miles from Peach Bottom. I have two extra bedrooms that I wouldn't mind renting out for the outage. Would give you access to the entire house for the 3 weeks. 500 bucks per room for the whole time. I think that works out to 20 something dollars/day. I can/will provide linens/towels, you provide your own food. You must be neat and clean though, as I am a bit OCD about that stuff. NO SMOKING! You can smoke outside if you desire, but absolutely NO SMOKING inside. It is in the sticks, quiet and safe with off street parking. My neighbors are "salt of the earth" types. If interested when the time comes, PM me here or email me and I will give you my phone number and we can dicker over anything else.

Justin
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 01:09 by JustinHEMI »

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2008, 01:05 »
Ok my post sucks. :) Besides saying the "whole house is available for your use," let me be more specific. Laundry, TV (directv), microwave, deck, grill,  stove, fridge, table, chairs, bed, lights, garage, water, toilets, shower/tub, floors... haha ok I am being ridiculous.   :P You get the point. Since I work there too, we could probably car pool if our shifts line up.

Justin

PS I can't promise each room will have its own TV by then, but right now it is a 66.6% chance. Either way, price is same.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 01:07 by JustinHEMI »

Offline Smooth Operator

• Moderate User
« Reply #14 on: Jun 05, 2008, 04:04 »
I found the Super 8 in Aberdeen, MD (about 35-40 min to parking lot) to be clean and quiet and quite reasonable.

There is basically nothing around the plant aside from the Peach Bottom Inn which is most likely booked, unless you find a private house or room nearby.

Perhaps inquire with the gentleman posting before yours.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #15 on: Jun 05, 2008, 04:16 »
I found the Super 8 in Aberdeen, MD (about 35-40 min to parking lot) to be clean and quiet and quite reasonable.

There is basically nothing around the plant aside from the Peach Bottom Inn which is most likely booked, unless you find a private house or room nearby.

I stayed at the same Super 8 as Jason.  I agree with what he said, but he forgot to mention that 4 trucks had their windows busted out, and the GPS devices were stolen.

wlrun3@aol.com

« Reply #16 on: Jun 05, 2008, 08:20 »

...more practically, but far less important...

... Country Inn and Suites
   245 Saint Charles Way
   York, PA 17402

717 747 5833

On intersection of US 83 and state hiway 74, east edge of York.

Utility discount, roughly $65 a day, called a "PECO discount".

Very new, very clean, next to a Ruby Tuesdays.

Thirty to forty minute drive.

vikingfan

« Reply #17 on: Jun 06, 2008, 11:34 »
you might also check out the lodging section of this website or places to stay while working peach bottom and oyster creek. i have worked at peach several times and like the guys previously stated the super 8 in Aberdeen is clean, and reasonable. burger king is next door or there is a Italian restaurant across the street. similar to olive garden. oh the super 8 also has free wireless internet unlike Red roof inn which charges you for the internet !!!! either Aberdeen.MD or york,pa is about a 30-40 minute drive to the plant. if you fly into the Baltimore airport its a pretty straight shot to Aberdeen  :)

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #18 on: Jul 09, 2008, 04:25 »
My rooms are spoken for this year! See you next year!

Justin

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #19 on: Aug 05, 2008, 02:27 »
Peach Bottom Inn booked for Fall 2008
Red Roof Aberdeen, 54.99 per night single, 59.99 night dble, rooms are available.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #20 on: Aug 06, 2008, 04:32 »
i usta always do good by contacting da postmaster @ delta, pa to ask who had rooms for rent.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #21 on: Aug 15, 2008, 11:31 »
Anyone coming to peach, stop by the ILT classroom on the third floor of the Unit1 training building and say hi. I am in back right corner, name is justin.  ;D

Justin

frostydan

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2009, 06:50 »
Anyone coming to peach, stop by the ILT classroom on the third floor of the Unit1 training building and say hi. I am in back right corner, name is justin.  ;D

Justin

Hey Justin you seem to know the area and PB fairly good...I am thinking of coming on there as a Jr. Rp for the fall 2009 outage what are your thoughts? O ya I may be interested in one or even two of your rooms if they are open!

Dan

mslynne

Room available
« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2009, 05:47 »
One of the gentlemen that boarded here last year suggested this site. 
If this in the wrong place to post this; mods please remove or move to the correct posting area.

Private home with 2 bedrooms available on a week to week basis; internet (hughesnet), basic satellite, share of the common areas, nice county setting about eight miles from the plant.
For more specifics send me a PM.

Offline roadhp

• Moderate User
  • Playing in the bathtub!!!
« Reply #24 on: Jun 15, 2009, 01:11 »
Just talked to Candlewood Suites.   They just opened in Bel Camp, exit 80.  The number there is 410-914-3060, and they accept pets.  They didn't know about the outage, so the more who call, the better chance the rates will go lower.  Right now, the rate is $490/week plus tax.
Brave, brave Sir Robin, set forth from Camelot!!!!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?