Facility & Company Information > Salem

Salem

<< < (2/6) > >>

JessJen:
I was there fall 05 and this most recent spring 07.  The people are still great, and I'd go back again just for them....it sure wouldnt be for the weather but Im not one for the cold to start with. 

radbitch:
So how's the SGR going? Did they get the 1st generator out?

cairnit:
Steam Generator #4 should be out tonight sometime.

biloxoi blues:
How was the idea of not using pipe end decon going?  Doesnt sound like a good idea to me.

metalx:

--- Quote from: biloxoi blues on Apr 03, 2008, 09:07 ---How was the idea of not using pipe end decon going?  Doesnt sound like a good idea to me.

--- End quote ---

yeah, i soaked up 104 mr doing a simple task.  The first one in received 250mr with 40 minutes exposure. I received 60 in 20 minutes with shielding on the pipe ends.  St Lucie and Diablo both used PED and my job being directly involved with the open pipe ends for the duration of the S/G being removed, I only received 300mr at Diablo (entire outage) and 375ish at St Lucie (entire outage). 

I arrived at Salem last week, processed in, and have been in the plant for 8 days however I have been in containment for only 5 days with short scheduled jumps of course, I have already received 400mr and have been contaminated on EVERY jump since the first 2 generators were pulled.  Just doing simple things I have had up to 40MRad on my hands.  Dose rates are 1500/hr on the CL's.  There is airborne, most of us get daily body counts now :).

ALARA Who? What is that? Its something they fund because they have to.  Some of my brothers are at 1R now, and its only April 4th. 

Seems like a joke to me.  Does anybody remember the movie Envy with Jack Black.  They developed a spray that you apply to dog poop and it disappears.  Vapoorize.  This is what they used in substitute of decon, just put it on peel it off and the crap disappears, who didnt tell these guys that it only a movie?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version