Facility & Company Information > Davis-Besse

Davis-Besse Lodging

<< < (4/17) > >>

JRCORVO:
For Rent:   Very nicely furnished and fully applianced 1 bedroom 1 bath condo on Canada Goose in Green Cove Resort. We are looking to rent our unit to a responsible person. This unit is very nice and not a typical rental unit. If your are interested in a monthly rental close to Davis-Besse please call us, John 614-205-8371  or Kent 614-563-6623.  Monthly rental is $650 a month plus electric.

DB_LAKE_LODGING:
website: www.lakeerievacationlodging-charters-mageemarsh-campperry.com

GREAT LODGING NEAR DAVIS BESSE - NORTH AT WILD WINGS MARINA(State Rt 2) TO LONG BEACH ROAD, WEST TO PASADENA DRIVE. APPROX 1 1/2 MILE FROM THE PLANT!  3 BEDROOM RANCH HOUSE, 2 BATH, COMPLETELY FURNISHED - 6 twin beds. Kitchen also furnished. Washer and dryer, dishwasher, propane heat.  Call 419-898-1189 for rates and availability.  Ask for Cindy, who just happens to be a employee at Davis Besse and ask about the special Nuke Worker rates!  Be sure to check out the website posted above.

6578 Pasadena Dr., (Long Beach) Oak Harbor, Ohio 43449

Wild Wings restaurant/bar approximately 1 mile.
Porky's Pizza/bar approximately 2 miles.
Magee Marsh - 5 miles
Camp Perry - 7 miles
Port Clinton 15 miles
Oak Harbor 10 miles
Oregon/Northwood 18 - 20 miles. 8)

Rather Hunt Than Tech:
Does anyone have any information on the Island House since it has remodeled and reopened after the fire a few years ago?  I stayed there once before the redo and loved the place.  There was a great bar/resturant called Conrads Porterhouse.  Their website has a new name for their bar.  Not confirmed for DB's outage, but should be.

thenuttyneutron:

--- Quote from: The Nutty Neutron on Dec 07, 2009, 07:22 ---The quote is old, but the info is new.  The Island House just reopened last summer after it went belly up in 2005.  I have not been happy with their service.  I did however enjoy their French Onion soup all five times that I gave them a try.  I live about a 1/4 of a mile from them and will wait a long while before I give them my money again because I was so unhappy with the wait staff on all of those visits.  I guess being consistently bad is their new motto.  They are lucky that I still tip 15% for BAD service.

Spring 2010 Outage starts Feb 28, 2010.

--- End quote ---

A previous post a made here: http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,870.0.html

They are open, but you may not be as happy with them now as you were in the past.

Rather Hunt Than Tech:
Well, I did decided to stay at the Island House for this outage at Davis Besse.  This is the first outage I've stayed there since it reopened.  I'm very pleased with the Island House and will definitely stay there again.
The Island House is a hotel that dates from the late 1800's with a warm feel when you enter the lobby; carpeted floors, piano, large staircase going to the two upper floors ( yes, there is an elevator ).  The staff is very friendly and accommodating.  The off season rates for outages are competitive with the other hotels/motels in Port Clinton.  There are no two rooms that are the exactly same in both size and decor.  Unlike modern hotels, the type that tend to be all designed the same to minimize construction costs, maximize the utilization of square footage, and if you've seen one room, you've seen them all.  The only thing different between these hotels is the name on the marque. Since it was just remodeled, all the rooms have WI-Fi, flat screen TV's, and nice thick comfortable mattresses.  There is a sports bar in the hotel and a more formal restaurant.  Everything I've tried was good.  There are three other bar/restaurants across the street.  Lots of drinking with no driving, always a good thing.  Plus there are a handful of other places to eat within a short walk.
The only thing negative is that there is no on site laundry.  They do offer a weekly drop off/ pick up service.

The last couple of outages I stayed at the Commodore Perry.  This is a very popular place.  It is a nice hotel, but meets my description of a modern hotel above.  The price is competitive.  There is a bar/restaurant in the hotel, the food is good, but if you want to go somewhere else to eat and drink the nearest is ~1/2 mile away.  To my knowledge, their bar is the only bar open in the morning for the night shift.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version