Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Davis-Besse Lodging honeypot

Author Topic: Davis-Besse Lodging  (Read 103611 times)

nenado

Re: Davis-Besse Lodging
« Reply #25 on: Jun 23, 2011, 10:47 »
One bedroom furnished condo for rent @ Green Cove.
 Furnished w/washer & dryer.
Sofa Bed in Livingroom
room air conditioner
$800.00 plus electric and cable
Contact Frank @ 412-496-0970

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #26 on: Jul 18, 2011, 01:12 »
I see that the last posting for lodging was in June....Are these or any other rentals still available for rent?
If you have something, please post it here. The outage is not that far away and people will be looking.
Thanks, and that includes myself. I am looking also. If you have a rental, send me a message or post it.

Offline azkidd

• RP Tech (Housemouse)
  • Moderate User
  • We Nationalize Banks!!
« Reply #27 on: Jul 18, 2011, 11:11 »
Hey Dave,

Here is one for ya.

Rental in Buckeye, AZ.  1961 sq feet, fully furnished, 3 bedroom.  Laundry and washer in the house.  Pool,  and grill!  Stay home on your day off, do laundry, and drink beer!

HAHAHAHAHHA

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #28 on: Jul 19, 2011, 08:49 »
Aw Gee Thanks.

Actually, going back there in July doesn't make me very excited. I did thoroughly enjoy my 6 years in Arizona, but the 90 degrees with the humidity is more than enough for me to handle at Susquehanna right now.

Davis Besse will be cool from Sept. thru November. It will be really cool if I don't find some lodging..... [BH]

HeatherB.

« Reply #29 on: Aug 02, 2011, 12:30 »
If you can round up a few roommates...? I thought I'd pass this along from the lady I'm renting with. She's been amazingly reasonable & pet-friendly. My 2 pre-reqs. LOL!

I wanted to let you know that we have 2 units across the street from Water's Edge . They are both 3 Br and 2+ baths in case you know some of your fellow workers who are still looking for a place.

Thanks

Patricia Sigg
Coldwell Banker Sigg Realty, Inc.
Cell 419-576-6929
Office 419-782-1685

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #30 on: Aug 02, 2011, 06:20 »
Thank you very much. I am supposed to close on a lakefront condo this week and will have room for one person if anyone is interested.

You will pay $1000 for the 2 months we are there and this place is a sweet pad. At $125 a week for the outage, it is completely furnished and right on the lake in Sandusky.

Send me a message if you want the other bedroom.

Thanks, Blah Blah Blah!

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #31 on: Aug 03, 2011, 09:40 »
Living with Dave Warren ;)  How are you doing? 
Hope all is well.
LM

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #32 on: Aug 03, 2011, 11:40 »
All is well and I had someone call me for that extra room within a day.
So, the room is no longer for rent and I am set for 9 weeks of Davis Besse.
I suggest that everyone look on the VRBO website: http://www.vrbo.com/ and punch in Oak Harbor or Sandusky.
Laundry Man, send me a message.

lakerie

« Reply #33 on: Aug 03, 2011, 12:06 »
3-bedroom, 3-bath home in Port Clinton, 12 miles from Davis Besse plant.  Fully furnished 3-story dwelling with 2-car attached garage. Three bedrooms, each with adjoining private bath.  Two bedrooms each has a king size bed; third bedroom has 2 twin beds.  Main living area is on the second level and consists of a sitting room with gas fireplace; dining area, fully-equipped kitchen, including microwave and dishwasher.  Laundry room on ground floor with full size washer and dryer.  High speed wireless and phone with local service.  Includes all bed linens, towels, kitchen cooking utensils.   TV’s with cable in living area and all 3 bedrooms.

Rental rate:  For occupancy of up to 3 persons --  $650 per week; $1,800 per month [+6% lodging tax for rentals less than 30 days].  Includes all utilities (electric, gas, water, cable, wireless internet, phone for local calls).   A fully refundable damage security deposit is required ---  $500 for a one month rental; $350 for weekly rental.  Departure cleaning fee of $115. 

Payment terms:   30% of base rental rate to confirm and hold the reservation; balance of all rental payments due 20 days prior to arrival.

904-859-3098 (cell)
904-284-6454  (home)
lakerie@attglobal.net  (e-mail)

blackballedsnake

« Reply #34 on: Aug 03, 2011, 03:41 »
Hello to all outage D-B er's, I'm a first-timer at D-B. I haven't looked for any accommodations yet. (my report date is 9/19) Are there any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will most likely take the nightshift...if anyone out there needs a roomie to split the bill, etc.  Thanks much!  - Michael T. Shaffer

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #35 on: Aug 04, 2011, 11:26 »
Hello to all outage D-B er's, I'm a first-timer at D-B. I haven't looked for any accommodations yet. (my report date is 9/19) Are there any suggestions? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I will most likely take the nightshift...if anyone out there needs a roomie to split the bill, etc.  Thanks much!  - Michael T. Shaffer

http://www.vrbo.com/ and punch in Oak Harbor or Sandusky.
When you talk to these people, remind them that you need it long term and you can knock alot of the cost off of your bottom line.
« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2011, 11:29 by Dave Warren »

IslandHousePortClinton

« Reply #36 on: Nov 06, 2011, 05:40 »
Island House - Downtown Port Clinton
We would like to announce that we have a special rate for all DB contractors in Port Clinton.
Closest hotel to Davis Besse.
Historic hotel in downtown Port Clinton within walking distance to fishing, restaurants and bars.

Call us at 419-734-0100 - ask for rate code DB12.

We have 38 very clean and quiet rooms,
Pick up and delivery on laundry service,
Restaurant and bar on site,
FREE Wireless internet,
Flat screen TV's with DirecTV,
Staff that understands and appreciates the needs of the
traveling contractor professional.

There are rooms with one really comfy Queen or King bed as well
as a few rooms with two Queen size beds.
Reservations already being made for May outage.
Some rooms still available for current project.

Tax benefits for you after 30 days.

To see the video on the hotel click here

or go to
http://www.IslandHousePortClinton.com

Call today to schedule a viewing.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #37 on: Nov 09, 2011, 12:52 »
four what it's worth... when eye used to do besse, i liked the island house the best.  i stayed in a nother motel, had a condo, and the island house.  well worth a good look 'n compare current costs.  it was worth it then, eye yam thinking it'd hold a candle two day. ;)
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #38 on: Nov 09, 2011, 01:28 »
Living with Dave Warren ;)  How are you doing? 
Hope all is well.
LM

About ready to close the door on the Rx Head Replacement outage.
Starting up on Thanksgiving weekend, per the last schedule they put out this morning.
Less than 80 REM to complete this pig.
6 PCE's to date.
All good things must end.

HeatherB.

« Reply #39 on: Dec 01, 2011, 12:58 »
Just heard from a close friend at the plant that he'd gotten the approval for this so....

Was just asked to pass this along, for any of you who get confirmed for Davis Besse (May 2012). One of the big concerns about lodging in the area was actually finding somewhere to stay closer to Toledo, since the peak "Summer on the Lake" seasonal rate will be EXORBITANT. A lead tech at the plant got in touch of a friend of his who manages the Staybridge Suites in Maumee, OH. He's offering a $99/night rate for a 2 bedroom/2bath extended stay suite. Full kitchen in the room, complimentary laundry room, pool, PET FRIENDLY, etc. etc.

Here's the website: http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/sb/1/en/hotel/tolmm

If you're going to be working Davis Besse, here's a great option for you, only 37 miles away from the plant with a killer rate once you find a roommate (or 2!)

Ask for: David McAllister (Mention Frank Dudas as your contact)
General Manager
Toledo/Maumee Staybridge Suites
Dmcallister@thmc.biz
(419)-878-8999 Ext. 4904[/b]]Dmcallister@thmc.biz
(419)-878-8999 Ext. 4904

Offline rebeccarents

• Lurker
Have Luxury Rental Near Davis Besse in Ohio
« Reply #40 on: Feb 03, 2013, 12:58 »
I have a very nice 2 bedroom rental apartment in Port Clinton, Ohio, near Davis Besse Power Plant if there is anyone going there in the near future.  Very reasonable rent and it is fully furnished and fully stocked for cooking (except food)  includes towels and linens, just like living in a hotel.  If you are at all interested, please email me and I will send you pictures and more information.  We have rented to people here for the the shut down before and found it to be a very pleasant experience for all.  They rented it sight unseen, sent a deposit and everything worked out fabulous for all.  My e-mail address is becca30251@aol.com and my phone number is 419-573-2253.  With so many people coming to work, it will go fast.

Offline jbrown

• Lurker
Eastpointe Apartments
« Reply #41 on: Mar 06, 2013, 10:57 »
Hi everyone, my name is Joseph Brown, I am the assistant mananger of Eastpointe Apartments. I heard that Davis-Besse is looking to relocate some nukeworkers to the area and wanted to let you all  know about us. We are about a 20 minuet drive from the plant from RT 579, and close to everything else in town. We are located in Northwood, Ohio. Our address is 3617 Lakepointe Drive #101, Northwood Ohio 43619. Our apartments and townhomes come with updated kitchens, free heat, no charge to the water and trash, and no fee to apply with us! Please call if you would like anymore information 419-691-6635. Thank you all for your time, and welcome to the area!

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
Re: Eastpointe Apartments
« Reply #42 on: Mar 06, 2013, 11:29 »
Joe,
      Are any of these apartments furnished?

Offline MJSiewert

• Lurker
« Reply #43 on: Mar 19, 2013, 09:50 »

For Rent: 3Bedroom/2 Bath Condo $1500.00 per month Call Don @ 419-704-6226

Available May 1st – minimum 6 month lease

CATAWBA LAKEFRONT! STUNNING 3BD,2BA & DOCK AVAIL!
2212 Carriage, Port Clinton, OH, 43452    

Type   Condo/Townhome/Coop Property
Bedrooms   3
Bathrooms   2.00
Square Footage   1920
FULLY FURNISHED!
CLASSY LAKEFRONT CONDO with Direct Lake access Marina. DOCKAGE AVAILABLE FOR LEASE  also includes neighborhood  Beach privileges. Upgrades Galore & NEW ROOF in 2008. Attention to detail along with a relaxed Lake Erie feel is apparent here! View spectacular sunsets dancing on the lake waters from your Living Room that includes a floor to ceiling Georgian marble fireplace, also a 4 season lakefront room with new triple pane sliders. Beautiful updated Kitchen with ample cabinetry, Granite countertops & Murano Glass Globes over the Bar. Enjoy gorgeous lake views also from your Master Bedroom Suite! Included also is updated woodwork, and Bathrooms with corian countertops. 2 storage units included. Lovingly cared for, furnished and move in ready!
No pets, no smokers.

Features    •   Condo/Townhome/
•   Area: Catawba Island
•   County: Ottawa
•   Subdivision: Colony Club
•   3 total bedroom(s)
•   2 total bath(s)
•   2 total full bath(s)
•   7 total rooms
•   Approximately 1920 sq. ft.
•   Single story
•   Master bedroom
•   Dining room
•   Laundry room   •   Master bedroom is 19x11 Level: 2nd Floor
•   Living room is 18x16 Level: 2nd Floor
•   Dining room is 16x8 Level: 2nd Floor
•   Kitchen is 11x11 Level: 2nd Floor
•   Laundry room is 4x3 Level: 2nd Floor
•   Parking features: Off Street
•   Heating features: Gas, Forced Air
•   Central air conditioning
•   Interior features: Combo Dining Room, Ceiling Fan, Dishwasher, Garbage Disposal, Range, Refrigerator, Foyer is 28x6, 2nd Bedroom is 12x10 Level: 2nd Floor, 3rd Bedroom is 12x11 Level: 2nd Floor
•   Exterior construction: Cedar, Slab Substructure
•   Roofing: Asphalt
•   Lake view
•   Waterview

Offline PC Condo

• Lurker
« Reply #44 on: Jul 15, 2013, 04:38 »
Check out this great condo at www.vrbo.com/461973

Email for long-term and/or off-season pricing  - harborside503c5@gmail.com

503 C5 W. Lakeshore Drive, Port Clinton - Approx. 15 minutes from Davis-Besse

Gorgeous views of Lake Erie from both levels of this two-story property. Located within walking distance of the Jet Express, this 2 bed/2 bath condo has been recently renovated for you, including a luxurious second floor master suite. This two-story Harborside Condominium property has amazing views of Lake Erie from both levels. Unlike other Harborside properties which include only one-story and a Portage River view, at this property you can wake up and enjoy breakfast overlooking Lake Erie. Our property features a newly renovated Master Suite, including wood floors for the large master bedroom and large den/sitting area, large master bathroom with tiled floors, granite countertops, a walk-in shower with dual shower heads, and a walk-in closet.
No need to bring linens - it's all taken care of for you. Pure luxury.
Property Type
•   On floor 3
•   1250 sq. ft.
•   2 story
•   Condo
Suitability
•   Minimum Age Limit For Renters: 25
•   Non Smoking Only
•   Long-Term Renters Welcome
•   Pets Not Allowed
•   Children Welcome
Bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6, Beds for 6
•   Bedroom 1: 1 queen
Newly Renovated Master Suite (2nd Floor)
•   Bedroom 2: 2 twin/ single
•   In addition, living area includes new pull out sleeper sofa that comfortably sleeps 2. Master Suite also includes large den and sitting area, bathroom with tile floors, walk-in tile shower, walk-in closet.
Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms
•   Bathroom 1: toilet, shower
Walk-In Tile Shower with dual shower heads
•   Bathroom 2: toilet, combination tub/shower
Located just off entryway
•   Master Bathroom (2nd floor) has tile floors and beautiful granite vanity tops.
Kitchen & Dining
•   Dishes & Utensils:
Fully stocked with pots/pans, utensils, dishes, plates, glassware.
•   Kitchen:
Brand new refrigerator, microwave, and dishwasher.
•   Dining:
Also seats three at bar.
•   Dining Area Seats: 6
•   Stove
•   Oven
•   Microwave
•   Refrigerator
•   Coffee Maker
•   Toaster
•   Dishwasher
Amenities
•   Parking:
Two parking spaces provided; Parking For RV/Boat/Trailer - Contact Brands Marina (adjacent to the condo complex) for parking your boat and jet skis
•   Washing Machine:
Stackable Unit in Master Bathroom
•   Clothes Dryer:
Stackable Unit in Master Bathroom
•   Towels Provided:
Brand new towels
•   Linens Provided:
Brand new sheets
•   Iron & Board
•   Hair Dryer
•   Air Conditioning
•   Heating
Other Amenities
•   Includes a 30' boat dock with direct access to Lake Erie!
Entertainment
•   Games:
Variety of Board Games
•   Satellite / Cable
•   Television
•   DVD Player
Communications
•   Internet:
Wireless Internet
Pool & Spa
•   Communal Pool:
Brand new pool for the 2012 season!
•   Hot Tub:
Hot Tub in Pool Area
•   Heated Pool
Outdoor Features
•   Deck / Patio
•   Outdoor Grill

Offline rsreinhart

• Very Lite User
« Reply #45 on: Aug 02, 2013, 04:56 »
I have a beautiful home on Sand Road right on the water, with a fantastic view.  The home has 2 bedrooms, 2 baths, fully furnished (furniture, appliances, washer/dryer, linens).  Home has a fireplace and sunroom (there is a pull out futton in sunroom for additional bedding, a large yard right up to the water with a nice large garage, outside maintenance is provided (mowing/trimming).  Rent per month is $1500.00.  Please contact me by email: becky@roppe.com or cell phone:  4196199338  I can send pictures if requested.  Home is available immediately to move in and enjoy!  This is idea place for two people to split the monthly rental, at $750.00 a month, you can enjoy the view and relax!  Just email, text or call me.  Thanks, Becky
« Last Edit: Oct 25, 2013, 10:46 by rsreinhart »

Offline heggie8

• Lurker
« Reply #46 on: Aug 04, 2013, 12:45 »
5 Bedrooms, 1 lower, 4 upper.10 minute drive to plant! Everything you need is there for a comfortable stay. Linens, towels and dishes and silverware. $1,200 a month all inclusive with WIFI. Click on the link for more info and pictures of the property.

http://toledo.craigslist.org/apa/3995918655.html

Call 419-355-3102 for more information about availability during 2013-2014 Shutdown.
« Last Edit: Oct 14, 2013, 01:30 by heggie8 »

Offline lakerie

• Lurker
« Reply #47 on: Aug 21, 2013, 09:55 »
3-bedroom, 3-bath home in small lakefront development in Port Clinton, 12 miles from Davis Besse plant.  Fully furnished 3-story dwelling with 2-car attached garage. Three bedrooms, each with adjoining private bath.  Two bedrooms each has a king size bed; third bedroom has 2 twin beds.  Main living area is on the second level and consists of a sitting room with gas fireplace; dining area, fully-equipped kitchen, including microwave and dishwasher.  Laundry room on ground floor with full size washer and dryer.  High speed wireless and phone with local service.  Includes all bed linens, towels, fully equipped kitchen.  Flat screen TV’s with cable in living area and all 3 bedrooms.

Check out listing at  http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p14844

Rental rate:  For occupancy of up to 3 persons --  $650 per week; $1,800 per month [+6% lodging tax for rentals that are less than 30 days].  Includes all utilities (electric, gas, water, cable, wireless internet, phone for local calls).   A fully REFUNDABLE damage security deposit is required.  

Payment terms:   30% of base rental rate to confirm and hold the reservation; balance of all rental payments due 20 days prior to arrival.

lakerie.pc@gmail.com
904-859-3098 (cell)
904-284-6454  (home)

« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2015, 11:33 by lakerie »

Ross Aldridge

« Reply #48 on: Sep 17, 2013, 08:45 »
Large 3 bedroom, 2 bath country home w/jacuzzi tub and fireplace, fully furnished just minutes from the plant. $500/month with a $250 security deposit.  Ready now.  Call 419-898-8301 (home) or 419-607-0902 (cell) for more information or email aldridge.ross@gmail.com
« Last Edit: Jan 18, 2014, 05:50 by Ross Aldridge »

craps7

« Reply #49 on: Oct 24, 2013, 11:15 »
 $1400.00 per month. First month rent in advance to hold.  A Refundable security deposit is required.

karenprob@yahoo.com
419.635.4442 visit http://facebook.com/willowvacation for photos. Are you kidding me. I have a condo in FL on the golf course for less than that price. That price gets close to scalping the contractor then beheading them. The mobile home doesn't even cost that much and the weather conditions on lake Erie in the winter ,NO THANKS.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?