Oconee

Above Average
0 (0%)
Average
1 (100%)
Below Average
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Oconee  (Read 115287 times)

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Oconee
« Reply #75 on: Nov 16, 2009, 02:20 »
The one in the picture that mutant posted is glowing. i'm thinking they are not going to make dose goals for a while.
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2009, 02:22 by xobxdoc »

FatMalky

« Reply #76 on: Nov 20, 2009, 04:43 »
Any more updates on this "fuel fiasco"?

Fermi2

« Reply #77 on: Nov 20, 2009, 05:21 »
By the pictures I have it looks irradiated. I don't know how to post them though.

FatMalky

« Reply #78 on: Nov 20, 2009, 07:51 »
By the pictures I have it looks irradiated. I don't know how to post them though.

I'm pretty sure if you go to www.tinypic.com and follow the directions you'd be able to post them here.

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #79 on: Nov 20, 2009, 08:11 »
Pictures can be found in the Oconee photos folder: http://www.nukeworker.com/pictures/thumbnails-105.html
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #80 on: Nov 21, 2009, 07:39 »
I'd hate to be the guy that initialed off the verification on the move sheet.... :o
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #81 on: Nov 21, 2009, 08:13 »
I wonder if GEICO can fix it...

" oh nooo, your fuel assembly is all flat 'n junk..."

« Last Edit: Dec 31, 2011, 04:55 by HydroDave63 »

Offline Bonds 25

• Very Heavy User
  • HP Tech......Well Thats My Title Anyways.
« Reply #82 on: Nov 22, 2009, 03:55 »
"I wonder if GEICO can fix it..."

" oh nooo, your fuel assembly is all flat 'n junk..."

LOL !!!  That just made my whole nightshift reading that.....

"But I Dont Wanna Be A Pirate" - Jerry Seinfeld

Offline johnnieslingshot

• Moderate User
  • Let's go bowl-diving
« Reply #83 on: Dec 14, 2009, 07:43 »
Hey Ya'll, what's the latest scuttlebutt about the goings on with the damaged fuel?  Are they recovering well?  How many heads have been chopped for this SNAFU?
Just courious.

Offline redline

• Moderate User
« Reply #84 on: Dec 14, 2009, 03:20 »
Oconee is humming along at 100% They had a little lost generation time due to the incident but recovered well and recovered quickly. The root cause and corrective actions will take some time. BTW-The person that posted the pictures did not have permission and she may want to consider removing them!

sdcanukewanab

Re: Duke Energy - Oconee, OPS
« Reply #85 on: Feb 22, 2010, 06:03 »
Anyone on the board waiting to hear back from Duke for the NLO positions at Oconee?  Just wondering if there are others out there waiting to hear from them.  After speaking with one of their staffing folks today it sounds like they are getting close to sending out offers for the April hires/class.

Offline supercub71

• Lurker
« Reply #86 on: Feb 23, 2010, 05:00 »
I applied, but never heard from them.  Did you interview?

sdcanukewanab

« Reply #87 on: Feb 24, 2010, 05:37 »
I had a brain cramp when I made that last post.  I interviewed at Catawba in Oct and am waiting to hear from them. Sorry for the confusion.

JavaJoe

« Reply #88 on: Oct 29, 2010, 11:09 »
Never Again.  I have been a long time Duke Energy contractor and for the most part have enjoyed my stay while working at Oconee but not anymore.  They are working the techs to death.  They are woefully understaffed and are working the dayshift techs like rented mules.  Catawba was equally understaffed but at least their house folks had a clue and prepped for the outage.  Lousy leadtechs who take care of the home boys and leave the traveling rent a techs in the building for 10 hours a day.  Next spring when McGuire gets done I'll either go home for a couple of weeks or find a fill in job until Catawba comes down for their 50 day outage.  Oconee, you lost me

BarbaraDuer

« Reply #89 on: Oct 30, 2010, 08:10 »
Lost me also-working with a girl that got a ed alarm after being told not to go in rooms I didn't get an alarm but because of her mistake and entering we both got punished she got to go back to McGuire and I was just sent home why should I be punished over her mistake and not listening to RP and a reminder from me no rooms boy what a bad taste in my mouth!!!

Offline Incline

• Light User
« Reply #90 on: Oct 31, 2010, 12:03 »
Glad to see not much has changed at Oconee. I always thought there was good people there and it is a fun area. Low Pay and being lied to about potassium chromate kept me away after 2003.

Fermi2

« Reply #91 on: Oct 31, 2010, 11:32 »
Lost me also-working with a girl that got a ed alarm after being told not to go in rooms I didn't get an alarm but because of her mistake and entering we both got punished she got to go back to McGuire and I was just sent home why should I be punished over her mistake and not listening to RP and a reminder from me no rooms boy what a bad taste in my mouth!!!

Were you told not to enter and by the map was it posted do not enter?

borntodothis

« Reply #92 on: Nov 01, 2010, 04:13 »
I just wanted to put it out there that Oconee is not that bad of a place to work and the best part of being a contractor is, if it's that bad, pack up your crap and go some where that is better. Duke power has problems and they have alot of good points too. I have been in the Duke system for about 8 years and I have worked many different types of jobs during this time. I have worked for different contractors. Yes, sometimes we have had hard times staffing, but we are always looking for about a 100 techs and we normally get 90.  We are doing good if you look at the amount we are trying to get.  I have been at other plants that can't even staff 40 people. These Duke plants are good plants with good people who try to do the right thing but sometimes some people are never happy or they want to cry about anything that didn't go their way. What happened to the days where we came and did whatever they asked and didn't cry and whine about the job we are lucky to have? Sorry to unload but ...

Fermi2

« Reply #93 on: Nov 01, 2010, 04:21 »
Sir I need to buy you a beer!

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #94 on: Nov 01, 2010, 10:22 »

I'd say you are living somewhere in the red circled region of the ladder of accountability.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #95 on: Nov 01, 2010, 10:43 »

Offline Smart People

• Rad Engineer/Shipper
  • Very Heavy User
  • I like being around smart people
« Reply #96 on: Nov 01, 2010, 10:56 »

Let me get this straight. You both entered a room you were told not to by RP. She got an alarm. You didn't.

How is this only her mistake and not yours?
Blessed is the man who can laugh at himself--he will never cease to be amused
Think twice and say nothing..Chiun
I'm as big a fool as anyone..And bigger than most.. Odd Thomas

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #97 on: Nov 01, 2010, 12:01 »
Let me get this straight. You both entered a room you were told not to by RP. She got an alarm. You didn't.

How is this only her mistake and not yours?

Good observation, it think that describes what the ladder was trying to say.

Hover, I think the bottom most wrung in the ladder shouldn't be included, just the 2nd and 3rd.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #98 on: Nov 01, 2010, 12:09 »

At the top of the page is a tab labeled pictures, if you move your curser to the tab, a menu opens that has "Upload pictures" as the second option.  Follow the prompts, and upload them to the proper area i.e. find the Oconee section. -- Then you pictures will be where they belong, and can me shared in the forum easily.

You can either post a link to the pictures, or you can then embed them with the [ img ] your picture url [ / img ] tag.

I know this post is a year old, but the question needed to be answered.  Better late than never.

JustinHEMI05

« Reply #99 on: Nov 01, 2010, 01:59 »
Good observation, it think that describes what the ladder was trying to say.

Hover, I think the bottom most wrung in the ladder shouldn't be included, just the 2nd and 3rd.

That is why I suggested they were living "somewhere in the region." ;D It is up to the reader to decide for themselves where they think they fall. :P

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?