Oconee

Above Average
0 (0%)
Average
1 (100%)
Below Average
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Oconee  (Read 115286 times)

Offline deicide666

• Light User
  • whats grosser than gross?
Re: Oconee
« Reply #125 on: Nov 09, 2010, 12:04 »
Federal law requires a 30 min lunch break in a 8 hr day.  It's unlikely anyone worked more than 6 hours without any break what so ever.

Not at Oconee dude!!
death to all who apose us!!!!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #126 on: Nov 09, 2010, 01:51 »

Not at Oconee dude!!

I just Googled it, and found out that I was wrong.   Here is my correction:

Federal law does not require that employees be given lunch breaks, but many state laws do.

South Carolina DOES NOT have a law requiring lunch breaks.

The states that require lunch breaks at every shift are California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Illinois, Kentucky, Maine, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, Tennessee, Washington and West Virginia. The states that require break periods every several hours are California, Colorado, Illinois, Kentucky, Minnesota, Nevada, Oregon and Washington.

http://www.dol.gov/whd/state/meal.htm

I was wrong, and I am sorry.   I DID learn something today.
« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2010, 01:57 by Rennhack »

Offline Fluffy Bunny

• Light User
« Reply #127 on: Nov 09, 2010, 04:08 »
Now that it has been established that RCA logs at Oconee reflect actual hours spent inside the RCA, perhaps a copy of a recent RCA entry/exit log can be posted (with all personal info blacked out of course) to confirm the insinuation that Oconee is a slave labor camp.

So... What you didn't learn was to let it go.  Perhaps it was a slight exaggeration.  Who died and appointed you 'perfectness czar'?

Hmmm, I seem to remember reading something about that some where...

4. Please learn to be respectful, tolerate and support each other.  NukeWorker.com's goal is to help others, not see how many people we can annoy. Do not initiate arguments or tension. This will only cause the triggering of other members and make this site less professional.

See what you did?  You 'triggered' me with your argument initiation.

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,4700.0.html

SEE - I don't have a problem with Marlin.  I have a problem with people that correct others, when it doesn't really help.  Try being helpful, and not such a prick.
« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2010, 04:11 by Fluffy Bunny »
[stir] I'm the Troll your mother warned you about, feed me.

Offline Fluffy Bunny

• Light User
« Reply #128 on: Nov 09, 2010, 05:51 »
You were most forthcoming when you said:

That's the difference between you and me.  I know I'm being a jackass.  You think you are 'helping', or being clever.  In reality, your just a jackass too.

Offline techtoolong

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #129 on: Nov 09, 2010, 06:36 »
I love it !!!!  The bunny's back.  :) :) ;) :D ;D 8) :P Thank you for setting this straight 8)

JavaJoe

« Reply #130 on: Nov 15, 2010, 08:51 »
man this thread took on some life  :)  Word on the street is the home office is telling folks you can't work another plant like say Susquehanna and then come into CNS.  Bartlett is trying to bundle all three Duke Nukes.  Problem is there is too much overlap between Oconee and Catawba.  Almost 2-3 weeks!  Seems like the smart thing to do is let the techs make up their minds and work McGuire and choose where they want to work afterwords.  Take a couple weeks off and go to Catawba or roll right into Oconee.  If it comes down to me being forced to go to Oconee and then Catawba just as they go into no mode then I'll pass on Duke all together.  Too many other outages next year to choose from.  Let the techs choose where they work.

RadLoneRanger

« Reply #131 on: Nov 16, 2010, 02:04 »
If everyone would let the bartlett home office call them for this spring, and don't answer the phone then maybe the pay and diem would increase?

Offline Hoser

• Not just another..
  • Light User
  • CNS ROCKS !
« Reply #132 on: Nov 18, 2010, 08:21 »
man this thread took on some life  :)  Word on the street is the home office is telling folks you can't work another plant like say Susquehanna and then come into CNS.  Bartlett is trying to bundle all three Duke Nukes.  Problem is there is too much overlap between Oconee and Catawba.

While there is an overlap between ONS and CNS, there has not been any decision at this time how staffing is going to be directed between the Duke Fleet. Discussions on the options available to the technicians and the affected sites will start in earnest soon.Officially, issues have been identified over one call.Basically it was a preliminary meeting to get ready for more. No doubt, this will be a big group effort.
 Over the years BNI has met the Duke Customer request with a superb quality R.P work force returnee ratio. Given the amount of energy that is expanded each year by the company's management, recruiters and technicians for our customers, I see nothing but a banner year in 2011. As technicians, we have to have the best data available to make good decisions. Lets please keep rumors and innuendoes to a minimum and only on the bathroom walls ;-)     

JavaJoe

« Reply #133 on: Nov 22, 2010, 04:00 »
While there is an overlap between ONS and CNS, there has not been any decision at this time how staffing is going to be directed between the Duke Fleet. Discussions on the options available to the technicians and the affected sites will start in earnest soon.Officially, issues have been identified over one call.Basically it was a preliminary meeting to get ready for more. No doubt, this will be a big group effort.
 Over the years BNI has met the Duke Customer request with a superb quality R.P work force returnee ratio. Given the amount of energy that is expanded each year by the company's management, recruiters and technicians for our customers, I see nothing but a banner year in 2011. As technicians, we have to have the best data available to make good decisions. Lets please keep rumors and innuendoes to a minimum and only on the bathroom walls ;-)     

If we want your opinion we'll ask Bobby

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #134 on: Nov 22, 2010, 04:35 »
If we want your opinion we'll ask Bobby

That is rude, and uncalled for.

Sun Dog

« Reply #135 on: Nov 22, 2010, 05:46 »
That is rude, and uncalled for.

Rude?  Maybe.  Uncalled for?  Perhaps.  Off topic?  Definitely!  

However, two [or three, or four, or...] wrongs do not make a right.

« Last Edit: Nov 22, 2010, 06:33 by Sun Dog »

Offline redline

• Moderate User
« Reply #136 on: Nov 23, 2010, 08:49 »

Am I missing something? Where has that superb quality workforce been hiding? We all know that Duke has been and continues to be a dumping ground for BNI.
Maybe your ability to recognize or accept that is a reason you will remain a Cheerleader on the losing side! I don't know, just thinking out loud!

Offline 5kip6

• Light User
  • All's great!
« Reply #137 on: Nov 23, 2010, 11:57 »
Yes u are missing something!   I resent that remark!!  I have worked for Duke now for  4 years now throught BNI.  Love the system.   I give 110% plus.   Only thing they have against them is the GOOD OLE BOY CLUB!  If you don't belong you don't work on projects. 

Offline redline

• Moderate User
« Reply #138 on: Nov 23, 2010, 07:21 »
Dued that was sarcasm, I'm not missing a thing. Hoser on the other hand tends to let things sail over his head so I thought I'd have a little fun with it. The "workforce" as a whole leaves something to be desired, there are and always have been some of the best the industry has to offer supporting the Duke sites. I just wish they would do a better job of culling the outage staff. If you infact "love the system" and give 110% and more I'm sure your efforts are well recognized and appreciated.

JavaJoe

« Reply #139 on: Nov 29, 2010, 10:07 »
Am I missing something? Where has that superb quality workforce been hiding? We all know that Duke has been and continues to be a dumping ground for BNI.
Maybe your ability to recognize or accept that is a reason you will remain a Cheerleader on the losing side! I don't know, just thinking out loud!
     Being a cheerleader for the system comes with Hosers position.  I respect him and was merely tweaking him.  maybe a smiley face would have been appropriate and Renhack wouldn't have felt compelled to speak up. 
     A good majority of the work force at Duke are great, hardworking techs but like other utilities you'll get a few that are either long of tooth and physically can't do some of the work anymore or have been a check point junior who is now "qualified" to be a senior RP. This makes being a lead tech a little challenging I would think. 
     Back on topic, Oconee is OK to work but IMO has slid down in a good number of peoples eyes.  I have most every outage down there for 10+ years but am hoping the home office "allows me" to pick and choose where I work after McGuire.  I don't want to work all three Duke Nukes in the spring.  I would prefer to work MNS then CNS.  We'll see how many people get to do this as well.  Listening to break room banter at ONS I am not alone.

chesnee

« Reply #140 on: May 25, 2011, 10:00 »
Also wondering why there is no where to "vote" on the Oconee board did I miss it?

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
« Reply #141 on: Nov 02, 2012, 09:10 »

FYI- from our newsletter

In October, an international computer hacker broke into the South Carolina Department of Revenue database and gained access to millions of state income tax returns dating back to 1998.
It included and included unencrypted social security numbers and credit and debit card numbers.

Taxpayers whose information has been compromised will receive a free year of identity protection service provided by Experian and paid for by the state. Anyone who filed a South Carolina tax return from 1998 onward should call 866.578.5422.

From the S. C. Dept. of Revenue website: http://www.sctax.org/NR/rdonlyres/E5A231EF-8A05-40FE-AA36-17453FF2C795/0/Urgent_New.pdf

South Carolina Residents Should take the following Simple
Steps before January 31st to protect themselves:
› Visit www.protectmyid.com/scdor
› Enter this enrollment code: SCDOR123
› Fill out the information requested
If you don’t have an internet connection,
just call 1-866-578-5422 to begin the enrollment process.

That will put you on the Experian site to sign up for one year of free credit monitoring.

For further information: http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,35558.msg167930/topicseen.html#new
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline BRTCP88

• Lurker
Oconee Security?
« Reply #142 on: Feb 07, 2013, 03:06 »
Anyone know who does security at the Oconee Nuke Plant?  I've worked at a gated community for two years and could be moving to Seneca soon.

Offline JROB

• Light User
« Reply #143 on: Jan 29, 2016, 05:45 »
Anybody work non-outage at Oconee? I just did my interview and POSS and both went really well. Looking to potentially move to the area.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?