Oconee

Above Average
0 (0%)
Average
1 (100%)
Below Average
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Oconee  (Read 115277 times)

naggy35

Re: Oconee
« Reply #25 on: Mar 24, 2004, 04:12 »
Had an interview for an OPS job at Oconee ... how does Duke treat their people?  What's the area like?  Saw a little of Clemson & Anderson, seems like a nice place...

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #26 on: Apr 08, 2004, 05:30 »
If anyone has a favorite hang out, place to shop, or local information for this area please post it here.

hezabear

« Reply #27 on: Apr 10, 2004, 06:20 »
Charlie T's on the lake. Great food and good people. On wed's they have  5 Cent hot wings.From mild to atomic .

ageoldtech

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2004, 04:37 »
I hear the Oconee unit 2 SGR is in like "day 44". Anyone got anything to say about the outage or how SGT treated it's RP folks?

Offline Rad_Toy

• RP TECH
  • Light User
  • Lovin life on the road !!
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2004, 02:14 »
Back at it again... not that bad, if you don't mind a little work..  Worked the same place.  Shy on cameras and commo could have been better, but the same can be said for alot of places/outages....
Area is nice. DON'T KNOW ABOUT U/3....NOW, THAT ONES GONNA BE A BEAR !

rjs102253

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2004, 10:44 »
Why is the fall 2004 sgrp gonna be a bear? :D

Offline lonelylady

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #31 on: Jun 09, 2004, 10:13 »
 ;D  I want to say thanks to Nancy, Doc, and Buddy for the great RP work they did at Oconee.  I know that at times things were rough with all the things going on up on the turbine deck, but they really made things a lot easier for us mechanics.  No matter how bad things got they still smiled and laughed.  Again a great big THANKS.  Hope to see you again this fall.

wrecked_edsel

« Reply #32 on: Oct 12, 2004, 08:13 »
Hey you little wooden puppet builder what RX bldg have you been in? I think you need to look at your surroundings becacase you must not be at ONS 3 because on the side that I work it has been TERRIBLE you must be one of the chosen ones that does not have to go into the building. Because in case you have not heard the insulation removal has not been going according to "THE PLAN". If you like to spend 10 out of 12 hours in the building in a face pump then I guess that you are having a good Outage but over here on the real side it has not been as rosey as you have painted it to be. BEWARE if you need a job DON'T come to SGT just a word of advise.

wrecked_edsel

« Reply #33 on: Oct 15, 2004, 08:03 »
Out of all of the Duke plants Oconne would and should be your first pick.. Great area and at that plant they still treat you like you are a person not a number filling a open slot. Great living areas all around the area ( within 30 mins )... If I had my pick it would be Oconee.

jobsandwich

« Reply #34 on: Oct 15, 2004, 08:13 »
Fortunatly for Oconee, they have their pick. Which is why ole' Camal toe is not there!

ageoldtech

« Reply #35 on: Oct 22, 2004, 07:59 »
This is SGT's last woo-rah they could care less about anyone in their organization. If your on the dark side you have my condolences. Been there done that. I'd rather work for less money on the house side than have to put up with those bunch of Bozo's.

ramdog_1

« Reply #36 on: Dec 05, 2004, 01:22 »
hey things happpen all is not always best but SGT will do the right thing to get plant back on line and take care of there workers. the main thing is everyone go's home and makes money right?
merry xmass
« Last Edit: Dec 11, 2004, 08:17 by ramdog_1 »

mnscore

« Reply #37 on: Dec 07, 2004, 09:23 »
As a reply to the P mans quote I have to say that "The great Turkey Heist" was a act of aggression towards all of you non believers. As anyone could see that the once infamous Gigarat was caught with his hand up the turkey and his other hand on Hambone (NOT THE HAMBONE) but the hambone that we were going to use for a pot of beans. Can I ask what kind of a man would steal a Thanksgiving Turkey? Let me give you a clue A Gigarat that is who. But on the darker side, that turkey and ham feast that we had at the Pad was some kind of good that night it was had. It was just a shame that ALL OF THE LEFTOVERS were served up that night with only double T there to see. And after this all this being said, and all that has been done They settled in for a long all nighter run... Merry christmas to all and to all a goodnight.

Japetto

« Reply #38 on: Dec 31, 2004, 02:38 »
Things are finally getting back to normal around here.  Me and Do-Do bird had a nice long ride and soaked up that perdiem like Gigarat soaks up doble T's  turkey gravy!!!  All in all it's been fun.  I just wanna get back to being the shark in the FishBowl.  Y'all have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

P.S.  Oconee will be alright in the spring, but by all means stay away from McGuire.  That place is for the birds.....do-do birds ;)

Bri111

« Reply #39 on: Feb 08, 2005, 06:36 »
Does anyone have a contact number for the HR department, or the hiring manager for the Learner - Operations position that is advertised on the Duke Energy website?

http://www.dukeenergy.com/careers/search/details.asp?JOBIDNUM=2733

Offline RP Instructor

• Moderate User
  • Those who "can", "do", and go on to teach others.
« Reply #40 on: Feb 10, 2005, 10:27 »
Regrettably, you cannot "talk" to anyone in HR directly, without them calling you first. Duke Energy has moved to a central repository (if you will) for their recruiting, and it's out of the general office in Charlotte, which then forwards the resume/application to the respective hiring manager, in this case, the Operations Manager at Oconee), who'll doing the hiring. Perhaps someone here at "nukeworker" can give you some insight as to who the Ops Manager at Oconee is?

Offline Showme T. Money

• Light User
  • Senior HP Tech
« Reply #41 on: Aug 29, 2005, 09:42 »
Worked there 4 times, had my fun.  Raise the pay maybe I'll go back.

coshaun

« Reply #42 on: Sep 01, 2005, 03:52 »
Oconee was my first road job (for 15 straight months!); went back several times in the early eighties and wouldn't hesitate to go back now.  It was 3 hours away from home so we had the best of both worlds... per diem and home!  I'd give it a 5 star rating.  Miss a lot of good friends we made there.  Steve Morgan was the best supervisor.

Chimera

« Reply #43 on: Sep 05, 2005, 02:23 »
I had worked at McGuire several times in the past and always enjoyed my times there, but I had heard so many scare stories about Oconnee over the years, I had never desired to go there.  Well, I did their last SGRP and I was pleasantly surprised by the plant, the house techs, and that whole little corner of South Carolina.  Will I go back again?  Most definitely, scheduling permitting.  While it wasn't nuclear heaven (I'm not sure what plant(s) would be included in that lofty definition), it wasn't the nuclear hell I heard so much about in the past.  That may not sound like much of a recommendation, "pleasant" is a good place to be while on the road.

Offline skirat201

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #44 on: Sep 13, 2005, 09:22 »
Possibly going to work at Oconee as a asbestos abatement tech for Bartlett this outage. Can anybody give me a clue on how it is to work there, what is expected of you, and how you are treated. Where to stay and eat. 8) Any replies will be appreciated.

smh

« Reply #45 on: Feb 26, 2006, 04:57 »
Hello all.  I'm going up to Oconee next month to interview for a NLO position.  Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect?  I'm told it will last about 5 hours.  If you have been through an interview there, I'd like to hear about it.  Any information would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Fermi2

« Reply #46 on: Feb 26, 2006, 05:38 »
FIVE hours for an NLO interview????????? That has to include the testing because most NLO interviews are done within 30 minutes, 40 tops.

Mike

Rad Sponge

« Reply #47 on: Feb 26, 2006, 10:35 »
Well,

Usually the testing is the first thing. Its a go-no-go to continue on with the rest of the interview process (from my experience).

After you take the test you may just be seated in the HR offices until its graded.

If you pass you move on to the face time stuff.

The best advice I can give you is to speak and act like a "human". Be personable and truely engage your interviewers. Ask real questions. Do some research on Oconee via the NRC and familiarize yourself with current issue, especially if they have had some OPs issues.

Also the 5 hours normally includes testing, a plant tour, and a series of interviews including HR, OPs sups, and possibly some work group leaders, and also lunch.

Don't forget to get business cards/full names from all those that supported your interview and after the interview make sure you send thank you cards.

Good luck.

Jason

Fermi2

« Reply #48 on: Feb 27, 2006, 03:37 »

Offline ChiefRocscooter

• Heavy User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #49 on: Aug 29, 2006, 09:00 »
Looking to send my resume to Ops manager anybody got Email address??

Rob
« Last Edit: Aug 29, 2006, 09:03 by ChiefRocscooter »
Being adept at being adaptable I look forward to every new challenge!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?