Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Braidwood Lodging honeypot

Poll

Looking for a quiet, relaxing place to stay?

Relaxing
0 (0%)
Safe
1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: Braidwood Lodging  (Read 20957 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Braidwood Lodging
« on: Nov 30, 2002, 07:38 »
If anyone has lodging information for Braidwood, please post it here.
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2007, 12:45 by Camella Black »

Bobby_Joe

Re: Braidwood Lodging
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14, 2006, 06:43 »
You can always check us out...http://foxriverbnb.com

We already have one nukeworker here and we have three rooms left.
Two of them are big rooms with two beds in each room, A queen and a twin in one and a king and full in the other. The smaller room has a full size bed, but we can easily change that to two twins.

We offer these rooms for $175 a week!
If you do the math, that equals $87.50 per person for the week with two guests per room. You dont have to buy breakfast, and you can relax on 17 acres in the country just 8 minutes from Ottawa. Oh yeah, we are pretty close to the site too...

If you want to have the room for two people with the breakfast, I will negotiate with you too.. Call now and book it before they are gone...1 815 431 9257

duke99301

« Reply #2 on: Apr 22, 2007, 01:31 »
Think on it. Planes Trains and Autos was filmed at the Motel out by the hwy . the Briadwood Inn ha ha ! what a place it was back in the old days. we had some  fun there roomed. next door to Joe Rohdes  where is joe now?
we could never find Bill Ziegler where was he hiding?
« Last Edit: Apr 22, 2007, 01:33 by duke99301 »

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #3 on: Aug 23, 2007, 04:07 »
Morris....mostly motels....small town with small town attitude
Joliet......motels and efficiencies and some apartments.......bigger town with bigger town attitude
Coal City, Braceville, Braidwood.....eat, drink, go to bed......very small town attitude

There are a couple motels at the Braidwood exit off of 55. One of them they used in the movie "Planes, Trains, And Automobiles", so ya got that going for ya.

Elks Motel a little farther north on 55.

Joliet has dozens of motels. Check Channahon also.

When you get to the site, alot of the house techs and other friendly Exelon people will be renting rooms, on the bulletin boards, cafeteria, etc.

Offline azkidd

• RP Tech (Housemouse)
  • Moderate User
  • We Nationalize Banks!!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 28, 2007, 12:51 »
I used to stay at the Knights Inn??? in Kankakee.  It has been 10 years.  But weekly rate, Sports bar attached to Hotel with full menu, just off of I-57, within 40 minutes of Braidwood.

Bunya

« Reply #5 on: Sep 28, 2007, 12:46 »
Stay at the Motel where they Filmed rains Planes and Autos.
Joe Rohdes stayed there for almost a year.
It's the Braidwood Inn right at I-55 & Reed Road.  It changed ownership several years ago and not for the better.  I lived in Braidwood for 15 years, then move out to Iowa a couple of years ago.  When I go to Braidwood to visit, I stay there because it's only $35/night.  When I was there earlier this year, I killed one or two cockroaches over the 3 days I was there.  It is owned/operated by Indians (Asian) who live there so it always has that funky smell from their cooking.  It doesn't bother me but some people can't stand it.  Rooms aren't the cleanest and god only knows how often the bedding is washed.  I always bring my own bedding!  It's also pretty noisy, even during the night.  Seems to have a lot of people coming and going at all hours.  I always ask for a room that doesn't have any guests around it if possible.  It does have color TV with maybe 6 channels I think off an antenna - no cable!  Also, every room has a mini-fridge which is nice.  The last time I stayed there maybe 2 months ago they had wireless internet available.  I'll be staying there next week as I'm going to be testing for a position at the Braidwood facility.

For most folks, I'd advise them to stay clear of this place.  Years ago it was a decent place but that's all changed.  There are plenty of nice hotels in Joliet 20 mins. north of Braidwood straight up I-55.  As long as there isn't a race at Chicagoland Speedway, you should be able to find a room.

Offline Shawnee Man

• Moderate User
« Reply #6 on: Sep 03, 2008, 09:50 »
I had a bad experience with Fox River Bed n Breakfast in 2006, but it is now under new management and new management even made right the money that was owed to me by the previous owner. Here is their website: www.foxriverbnb.com/

jsgolson

« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2009, 03:25 »
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Morris, IL is great for extended stays. Hot breakfast each morning plus it's a great location - Corner of I-80 & rt. 47. Call Jennifer Olson - Director of Sales and set up your next trip. 815.941.8700

Offline foxriverbnb

• Very Lite User
« Reply #8 on: Sep 08, 2010, 08:15 »
FOX RIVER BED AND BREAKFAST ~ New and improved for 2010!!

Spend your time away from home in a beautiful Victorian farmhouse located on 17 acres in the country North of Ottawa on the Fox River!  Quiet, safe, secluded.  Five rooms to choose from with weekly rates starting at $170/week payable in advance.  All rooms have refrigerators and microwaves.  Rates include Satellite TV in all rooms, wireless Internet, use of laundry facility, and housekeeping.  It's worth the drive!

Visit www.foxriverbnb.com for more information and pictures of the rooms, and call 815-431-9257 for availability and reservations.  

Hurry!  At these rates, rooms are going FAST!

Offline navynukedoc

• RP/HP/RC
  • Heavy User
« Reply #9 on: Mar 13, 2012, 11:38 »
Fox River BnB is not such a bad place to stay, but keep in mind it is about an hour from Braidwood.

I stayed here this time for LaSalle. I reserved it early, but when I arrived I was told I had to leave by the 1st of the month because there was a bigger party booked and all the rooms would be filled. (Not exactly an idea situation having to find a new place in the middle of an outage.) Breakfast is no longer a part of the weekly rate. So you will have to pay more, or get your own.

If I had to complain about anything, there were not enough outlets to plug in my laptop and my phone. And the 4g wireless internet is a verizon hot spot capped out at 5 Gigs of data. I lost connection frequently while trying to video chat with the wife and kids. And if you have a Sprint cell phone, you will be standing outside to talk on it.

The bed in my room was comfortable, but if you work opposite shift, you may want a room upstairs. People walking around while you are trying to sleep doesn't do well for light sleepers.

On a scale from 1 to 5 I give it a 3 based on cost and friendly nature of the keeper. 30 minutes from LaSalle if you get stuck behind someone doing 55 the whole way.

-Doc
"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence" - George Washington

Offline techtoolong

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #10 on: Oct 02, 2012, 03:28 »
Looking for affordable place for Braidwood and Dresden

Offline nukeNick

• Very Lite User
Exelon STC in Wilmingon, IL
« Reply #11 on: Jun 17, 2013, 07:41 »
i Have to go to Exelon's STC in wilmington, IL the address is 36400 Essex Rd.

I will have to go for a week and a half in july, and then for 12 weeks starting in august, and ending the first of november. I was wondering what would be a good hotel around the area, i know it is close to braidwood area.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.  :)

Offline foxriverbnb

• Very Lite User
« Reply #12 on: Oct 21, 2013, 10:53 »
Fox River BnB is not such a bad place to stay, but keep in mind it is about an hour from Braidwood.

I stayed here this time for LaSalle. I reserved it early, but when I arrived I was told I had to leave by the 1st of the month because there was a bigger party booked and all the rooms would be filled. (Not exactly an idea situation having to find a new place in the middle of an outage.) Breakfast is no longer a part of the weekly rate. So you will have to pay more, or get your own.

If I had to complain about anything, there were not enough outlets to plug in my laptop and my phone. And the 4g wireless internet is a verizon hot spot capped out at 5 Gigs of data. I lost connection frequently while trying to video chat with the wife and kids. And if you have a Sprint cell phone, you will be standing outside to talk on it.

The bed in my room was comfortable, but if you work opposite shift, you may want a room upstairs. People walking around while you are trying to sleep doesn't do well for light sleepers.

On a scale from 1 to 5 I give it a 3 based on cost and friendly nature of the keeper. 30 minutes from LaSalle if you get stuck behind someone doing 55 the whole way.

-Doc
Hello Doc.  I just wanted, in all fairness, to respond to your post.  You were told in advance of your reservation that the entire B&B had been reserved.  Also, you never mentioned the difficulty you were having with the Verizon 4-G wireless Internet.  Yes, it was set to cap at 5 Gigs, but had the capability of increasing it to 8 Gigs (the most that Verizon offers.)  We do ask to limit video streaming and chatting because it uses up so much data.  You never mentioned that you were having difficulty sleeping; we could have made arrangements for you to change rooms.  Breakfast has never been included in the weekly rate; had you mentioned that you would have liked breakfast, we could have accommodated your request.  So, in closing, I would say that the moral to this story is:  Communication is the key. 

Offline foxriverbnb

• Very Lite User
« Reply #13 on: Oct 21, 2013, 10:56 »
Also, there was a power strip in your room along with 4 outlets.  If you had asked, we would have given you another power strip.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #14 on: Oct 22, 2013, 05:52 »
Verizon 4-G wireless Internet.  Yes, it was set to cap at 5 Gigs, but had the capability of increasing it to 8 Gigs (the most that Verizon offers.) 

That's not what the Verizon website says

http://www.verizonwireless.com/wcms/consumer/shop/share-everything.html

I have Verizon 4g, and I have a 30 Gig a month plan, their website shows a 50 GIG a month plan.  After that, they just charge by the gig..  (Yes, it does cost an arm and a leg)

Offline navynukedoc

• RP/HP/RC
  • Heavy User
« Reply #15 on: Nov 28, 2013, 05:47 »
Also, there was a power strip in your room along with 4 outlets.  If you had asked, we would have given you another power strip.

Yes there was a power strip in the room. It was behind the fridge with other things plugged in. And I didn't slam your establishment, just stated facts of my stay.

And as anyone who knows how exelon likes to work 12 hour days, every day from breaker to breaker, we traveling workers do not want to have to request things that are assumed to be included. (This is the first bed and Breakfast I have stayed in where breakfast was seperately charged) Sleep is our priority for 84 hour work weeks.

And the net issue was with other people taking the wifi hotspot into their rooms and signal was lost to me. No worries though,  I learned my lesson and bought my own personal wifi device.

Again a 3/5 isn't bad. I could tell you about the giant rat I trapped in the house I rented at North Anna if you'd like!
"Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence" - George Washington

Offline rpcarp

• Light User
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2015, 01:57 »
Are there any campgrounds near the plant that stay open thru December?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?