Facility & Company Information > Braidwood

Braidwood Lodging

<< < (2/4) > >>

Bunya:

--- Quote from: ramdog_1 on Aug 28, 2007, 10:31 ---Stay at the Motel where they Filmed rains Planes and Autos.
Joe Rohdes stayed there for almost a year.

--- End quote ---
It's the Braidwood Inn right at I-55 & Reed Road.  It changed ownership several years ago and not for the better.  I lived in Braidwood for 15 years, then move out to Iowa a couple of years ago.  When I go to Braidwood to visit, I stay there because it's only $35/night.  When I was there earlier this year, I killed one or two cockroaches over the 3 days I was there.  It is owned/operated by Indians (Asian) who live there so it always has that funky smell from their cooking.  It doesn't bother me but some people can't stand it.  Rooms aren't the cleanest and god only knows how often the bedding is washed.  I always bring my own bedding!  It's also pretty noisy, even during the night.  Seems to have a lot of people coming and going at all hours.  I always ask for a room that doesn't have any guests around it if possible.  It does have color TV with maybe 6 channels I think off an antenna - no cable!  Also, every room has a mini-fridge which is nice.  The last time I stayed there maybe 2 months ago they had wireless internet available.  I'll be staying there next week as I'm going to be testing for a position at the Braidwood facility.

For most folks, I'd advise them to stay clear of this place.  Years ago it was a decent place but that's all changed.  There are plenty of nice hotels in Joliet 20 mins. north of Braidwood straight up I-55.  As long as there isn't a race at Chicagoland Speedway, you should be able to find a room.

Shawnee Man:
I had a bad experience with Fox River Bed n Breakfast in 2006, but it is now under new management and new management even made right the money that was owed to me by the previous owner. Here is their website: www.foxriverbnb.com/

jsgolson:
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Morris, IL is great for extended stays. Hot breakfast each morning plus it's a great location - Corner of I-80 & rt. 47. Call Jennifer Olson - Director of Sales and set up your next trip. 815.941.8700

foxriverbnb:
FOX RIVER BED AND BREAKFAST ~ New and improved for 2010!!

Spend your time away from home in a beautiful Victorian farmhouse located on 17 acres in the country North of Ottawa on the Fox River!  Quiet, safe, secluded.  Five rooms to choose from with weekly rates starting at $170/week payable in advance.  All rooms have refrigerators and microwaves.  Rates include Satellite TV in all rooms, wireless Internet, use of laundry facility, and housekeeping.  It's worth the drive!

Visit www.foxriverbnb.com for more information and pictures of the rooms, and call 815-431-9257 for availability and reservations.  

Hurry!  At these rates, rooms are going FAST!

navynukedoc:
Fox River BnB is not such a bad place to stay, but keep in mind it is about an hour from Braidwood.

I stayed here this time for LaSalle. I reserved it early, but when I arrived I was told I had to leave by the 1st of the month because there was a bigger party booked and all the rooms would be filled. (Not exactly an idea situation having to find a new place in the middle of an outage.) Breakfast is no longer a part of the weekly rate. So you will have to pay more, or get your own.

If I had to complain about anything, there were not enough outlets to plug in my laptop and my phone. And the 4g wireless internet is a verizon hot spot capped out at 5 Gigs of data. I lost connection frequently while trying to video chat with the wife and kids. And if you have a Sprint cell phone, you will be standing outside to talk on it.

The bed in my room was comfortable, but if you work opposite shift, you may want a room upstairs. People walking around while you are trying to sleep doesn't do well for light sleepers.

On a scale from 1 to 5 I give it a 3 based on cost and friendly nature of the keeper. 30 minutes from LaSalle if you get stuck behind someone doing 55 the whole way.

-Doc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version