Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Clinton Lodging honeypot

Author Topic: Clinton Lodging  (Read 10032 times)

jpettis

Clinton Lodging
« on: Sep 08, 2001, 06:34 »
The Extended Stay in Champagne is the place to stay.  40 miles away but all interstate.  Well worth the drive.  Full kitchen. ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2007, 01:34 by Camella Black »

RadLady

Clinton
« Reply #1 on: Sep 11, 2001, 10:06 »
I have lived in Clinton between outages for 12 years.  I personally like Bloomington, it's 30 minutes north, has lots of apartments and motels, plenty to do in the area when your not working.
Clinton is a nice little town but not much to do there, and most of the watering holes are just that, 'HOLES'.  I do concur that the Wye Motel and Town and Country are not very good, of course that could be because they have been tax write-offs for the owners.
Decatur is not a very good place to go as far as I'm concerned, but Forsyth is only 15 minutes away and has most of the shoping you need without going into Decatur.
The drive to Champaign is 20 minutes Interstate and 20 minutes State Route, if you don't run into a County Mounty.

Austria

Clinton
« Reply #2 on: Jul 02, 2002, 07:32 »
I stayed at the Town and Country last outage (spring 2002).
Most of the rooms were showing their age but the owners were in the middle of a complete remodeling process and the newly renovated rooms looked pretty nice. Refrigerators were also available and if nothing else a 10 minute drive to work is at least some convenience while working 12's.
The Three Stars restaurant next door is quite good and the bar is open for breakfast if you are working nights.

Also, being between Decatur and Bloomington is nice on days off. A short drive to either.

DainJer

Clinton
« Reply #3 on: Jul 03, 2002, 10:21 »
lol...Austria  just make sure ya dont get the rooms that havent been remodeled....there were alot of unidentifiable stains...not only on the sheets...but in the drawers to???
i gave my room up and moved to Bloomington to the Ramada...not the cheapest the outage price was $23 per night single...but they had an indoor pool...hot tub..pool table so it worked for me.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Clinton
« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2002, 07:39 »
Stay away from Timber Cove AKA Lake Wood Shore in Decatur, had a month to month but had a month penalty, they kept my deposit (the place was clean and undamaged when I left.) They also wanted to charge me to shampoo the carpets. These people say one thing and when it comes down to the end, they forget it.

The Wye motel and Town&Country are right in Clinton. They are not that clean but are fairly cheap if you don't mind that. There is a Best Western in Clinton, but it is probably full and if not is overpriced for the area. Some of the people at CPS rent out houses or rooms. That is about all you got in Clinton. If you don't find anything in Clinton you could try Farmer City. It is about the same distance from the plant and there are a few motels there. I would suggest that you don't stay in Decatur.

There is also Lincoln, Illinois. It's about 20 miles west of Clinton on Highway 10. The Budget Inn is cheap but past its prime. It used to be a Holiday Inn about 20 years ago. It is on the old Rte 66 on the north end of town on the Business Loop 55. To get there just go west on Rt 10 to the first stop sign in Lincoln. Turn Right go to the first light. Turn right and go about half a mile just past the GM dealer on the left. There are also other motels on the west end of town on Highway 10. To get there go west on Rt. 10 to the first stop sign. Turn right and go straight about two miles past Wal-mart or turn left on Business 55 and go to the next light. There is a motel that used to be a Ramada on the right.
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2007, 01:29 by Camella Black »

Offline UncaBuffalo

• Mostly Retired
  • Very Heavy User
  • "How Many Things I Have No Need Of" - Socrates
Clinton
« Reply #5 on: Oct 18, 2004, 07:21 »
Thanks, Tina...that is the park.

I looked up a link with a little information and a map to get there...

http://www.allerton.uiuc.edu/

:)
We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can’t think what anybody sees in them.      - B. Baggins

Offline DJ@Retired

• Moderate User
  • Just Win Baby! Well Maybe Next Year!
Clinton
« Reply #6 on: Nov 22, 2007, 03:27 »
I'm Thinking of renting out a room for the 2008 outage. Email Me for details. DJ

ps Billy J is renting out rooms.
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A great friend will be sitting next to you saying "Dam, that was Fun"

Candlewood.suites_dos

Re: Clinton Lodging
« Reply #7 on: Feb 18, 2008, 01:09 »
Good day all. My name is Amber Crook, and I am the Director of Sales for the new Candlewood Suites in Bloomington. If anyone is looking for accommodations all of our suites are set up for extended stay. Extended stays offer competitive rates based on the length of your stay. We offer full kitchens, free local calls, free internet, and free laundry facilities. We also offer a Social every Wednesday night from 4pm-6pm where we provide free food and beer/wine for all of our guests. Bloomington has over 300 restaurants and bars and is just a short drive from Clinton. Check out our website www.candlewoodsuites.com and feel free to contact me anytime @ (309) 862-4100.

Offline Shawnee Man

• Moderate User
« Reply #8 on: Sep 01, 2008, 11:02 »
I had a bad experience with Fox River Bed n Breakfast in 2006, but it is now under new management and new management even made right the money that was owed to me by the previous owner. Here is their website: www.foxriverbnb.com/
« Last Edit: Sep 03, 2008, 09:48 by Shawnee Man »

tonynuke

« Reply #9 on: Dec 28, 2009, 09:35 »
Might end up at Clinton this spring, any new updates on where do stay?
Thanks!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?