Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Dresden Lodging

Author Topic: Dresden Lodging  (Read 16354 times)

Offline billhudson

• Light User
  • QC Inspector
Dresden Lodging
« on: Aug 13, 2002, 02:40 »
When I worked at Dresden, I found this camp
site to be the best place to stay, bar none.
The people are the best, the facilities are
like an exclusive park and if you have ever
experienced the winters, you will appreciate
how close it is to work.

If I were back into doing outages, I would
not hesitate to stay there again.

Fossil Rock Recreation Area
(Wilmington Ill. 35 minutes away from Dresdin)
:
: 24615 W. Strip Mine Road
: Wilmington, IL 60481
: Voice: (815)476-6784
: Fax: (815)476-6704
: fossilrock@zemanmhc.com
:
: Description: Peacocks, petting farm, fossil hunting in our peaceful shaded 80 acres. Beach, spa (for members), stocked lakes, horseshoes, playground, hiking, volleyball, basketball, modern showers. Restaurants, laundry, shopping and bait nearby. NASCAR and Rt. 66 raceways, 10 miles. Camping at its best. Open all year.

Windy City Camp Ground
(Tinley Park Ill (39 minutes away from Dresdin)

: 18701 S. 80th Ave.
: Tinley Park, IL 60477
: Voice: (708)720-0030
: Fax: (708)720-0431

: Description: Closest campground to Chicago. 15 miles to Joliet. Home of Rt. 66 Raceway Park. New pull-through sites for up to 75 ft. long. 1 mile to Metra train station to Chicago. Close to all shopping needs. Open year round, limited facilities. 30-50 amp service. Tents, swimming beach and fishing. New laundry facilities and new water softening system.

Glenwood RV Resort Marseilles Ill.
(20 minute from Dresdin)

: 551 Wilson St.
: Marseilles, IL 61341
: Voice: (815)795-6000
: Fax: (815)795-6340
: e-mail: glenwoodrv@hotmail.com
glenwoodresort.us

: Description: Nestled in the lush Illinois River Valley on 400 + wooded, hilly acres, 1 mile to IL River (free boat ramps, fishing, etc.) and I & M Canal (biking, hiking & snowmobiling). 17 min. to Starved Rock State Park, 45 min. to Chicagoland Speedway & Rt. 66 Raceway. Planned activities, pool & swimming / fishing pond with sand beach, hiking trails, hayrides, video/game room, basketball, baseball, volleyball, tennis, several playgrounds.
« Last Edit: Aug 09, 2008, 11:01 by Camella Black »

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
Dresden
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2005, 03:53 »
Since I grew up in that area, I guess I should be able to shed some light on it.

You have the Bulls, Bears, Blackhawks, White Sox, and Cubs for pro sports.
You have Depaul, Illinois, Northwestern, and Northern Illinois for universities.
Your best bet for a "big" town is Joliet, or just go to Chicago.
Morris is fun if you like the hometown "little" bars and grills.
Cog Hill in Lemont, Sandwich, Channahon all have nice golf courses.
There is a big racetrack in Joliet if you like that sort of thing.
There is plenty of hunting and fishing if you like that.
I guess that should do it.

vikingfan

Dresden
« Reply #2 on: Aug 23, 2007, 05:57 »
the super 8 in morris is a decent place to stay. it's about 15 miles from dresden or lasalle. not sure what the distance is to braidwood but i think its about the same. you can call them at 815-942-3200.

Offline foxriverbnb

• Very Lite User
Re: Dresden Lodging - FOX RIVER BED AND BREAKFAST
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2008, 11:06 »
FOX RIVER BED AND BREAKFAST ~ New and improved for 2014!!

Spend your time away from home in a beautiful Victorian farmhouse located on 17 acres in the country North of Ottawa on the Fox River!  Quiet, relaxing, safe, secluded.  Five rooms to choose from with weekly rates starting at $170/week payable in advance.  All rooms have refrigerators and microwaves.  Rates include Satellite TV in all rooms, 4-G Wireless Internet, use of laundry facility, and housekeeping.  Well worth the extra drive!

Visit www.foxriverbnb.com for more information and pictures of the rooms, and call 815-431-9257 for availability and reservations.  innkeeper@foxriverbnb.com

Hurry!  At these rates, rooms are going FAST!
« Last Edit: Oct 21, 2013, 10:36 by foxriverbnb »

Offline Shawnee Man

• Moderate User
Re: Dresden Lodging
« Reply #4 on: Sep 03, 2008, 09:52 »
I had a bad experience with Fox River Bed n Breakfast in 2006, but it is now under new management and new management even made right the money that was owed to me by the previous owner. Here is their website: www.foxriverbnb.com/

jsgolson

« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2009, 03:33 »
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Morris. Great place to stay. Brand new! Call Jennifer Olson - Director of Sales for your rate 815.941.8700

Offline techtoolong

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #6 on: Oct 02, 2012, 03:31 »
looking for an affordable place to stay starting next week for Braidwood / Dresden outage.

Offline bart2567

• Very Lite User
Dresden Generating Station housing help!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 09, 2012, 04:50 »
So first off I would love to thank everyone here especially the big posters in the POSS and BMST sections of this forum. I combed though all of the forums and bought recommended books and passed my POSS and BMST on the first try (woot!!) So yesterday i go offered a job as an Equipment Operator (still pending physical) at Dresden Generating station, I currently live in Round Rock Tx so its kind of hard to get to the area to look for housing and I'm not sure what are good parts of Morris and the surrounding cities, does anyone have any recommendations on a good place to live apartment wise (not sure about getting a house the first year to make sure i like the job) Any information about Housing or getting on my Feet in that area would be very very much appreciated. Also any information on the culture of the plant as well.

V/R
Joe

P.S. I hope I placed this in the right section please correct me if i did not and Thank you in advance for any responses

Offline MidnightMeterMan

• Light User
« Reply #8 on: Jun 11, 2013, 12:00 »
Any "NEW" suggestions on where to stay if working Dresen this fall?

Any advice would greatly be appreciated. Thanks!

Offline GlenwoodRV

• Very Lite User
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2015, 08:54 »
O:)  Glenwood RV Resort in Marseilles just off Rt. 6 east side of Marseilles - has large full hookup RV sights available for workers.  In the Winter we have full hook up with individual heated water risers and we keep a shower building open year round.  Gated community with security cameras. WWW.GlenwoodRVResort.Com discount rates for groups of 4 or more and/or 9 plus month rentals.  Nicest campground in the region.   Call 815-795-6000 during business hours or email info@GlenwoodRVResort.Com  +K

Offline Lisaterryjamie

• Lurker
Places to stay closest to Dresden IL. Nuclear plant
« Reply #10 on: Oct 26, 2015, 01:38 »
I need some info on the places to stay while working at Dresden. Weekly rates would be nice.

Offline a|F

• Moderate User
Re: Places to stay closest to Dresden IL. Nuclear plant
« Reply #11 on: Oct 28, 2015, 08:29 »
I need some info on the places to stay while working at Dresden. Weekly rates would be nice.

I live in the area and have room(s) available.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?