Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Running test!! 200 yards in 54 seconds!!????? honeypot

Author Topic: Running test!! 200 yards in 54 seconds!!?????  (Read 23343 times)

B.PRESGROVE

Running test!! 200 yards in 54 seconds!!?????
« on: Nov 26, 2007, 05:09 »
Taking the Physical test on Wed.  Have to run 600 feet in 60 seconds (or 54 seconds with no doors), and shoot a target at least 4 times.  Has anyone done this test before and is it hard.  200 yards in 1 minute? :o  I can run but isnt that kinda a good distance in such a short time period?  

I also have an interview that same day.  Any thoughts on what to expect?  I am a former HP trying to get into ops but I guess this will be the first step to get into ops.  

Offline Mike_Koehler

• Heavy User
  • I love nukeworker.com!!!!
Re: Running test!! 200 yards in 54 seconds!!?????
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2007, 06:36 »
How hard it is depends on what kind of condition you are in......... and how good you can shoot...... World class athletes run 200 meters (218 yards) in right at 20 seconds...... a good high school track athlete does a mile in 4 minutes or 400 yards/minute...... 200 yards/ minute is running but not really flying.......

Good luck
Mike
"Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented
  immigrant" is like calling a drug
  dealer an "unlicensed Pharmacist."
unknown
"If you seal the borders and you stop giving federal benefits to people who are in the country illegally... many of them will simply go home."
Lou Barletta, Mayor of Hazelton, Pa.

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2007, 09:46 »
Yah I guess the condition thing does come into play.  I am not in the best of shape anymore (its been a few years since I have run anywhere  ???)  If its just a steady run I guess that I can do it, but man I wish I would have been given just a little more time (dont we all) to get in shape for this.  Hopefully they will give me an A for effort if on the off chance the time is not met but my interview and shooting are good.

Thanks for the moral booster, that did help me to feel better.

illegalsmile

« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2007, 05:45 »
Good luck. Here's some encouraging numbers.
A brisk walking pace is about 3 miles/hr (this, obviously does not apply to workers headed into Containment). That figures out to about 88yds/min, so you only have to go a bit more than 2x walking pace.

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2007, 05:57 »
Thanks for that bit of encouragment, that helps me mentally prepare for this.  I feel now I can do it.

Evilpixie

« Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2007, 12:13 »
You can test your self ahead of time... a standard track length is 440 yards, sooo... about half of that is what you need to be able to run in a minute.  You might want to do that at least a few times before the test, just to get yourself accustomed to the pace. 

Good luck with the interview, test and shooting!

B.PRESGROVE

« Reply #6 on: Nov 29, 2007, 08:12 »
 ???  Ok yall, I ran the 200 yards in 45 seconds.  No marathon runner granted but I wasnt going for fastest time.  Besides the officer that gave me the test worked at vogtle for 24 years and ran it in 45 seconds so I had a number to shoot for. 

Speaking of shooting, I was expecting live fire.  NNNNoooooo that didnt happen.  It was kinda like barny from mayberry, here is your gun and you have one real live fake bullet to put into it.  They gave us a gun with a laser pionter on the end, so when you pulled the trigger the laser shot at a target about 20 feet away and counted how many times you hit it.  Had to do at least 4 out of 6, I did the 6 out of 6.

The interview,  >:( mad at myself for brain farting.  They asked a set of questions that I could look over before the interview and get my thoughts together, which I did, but when the interview started my brain went stupid on me.  I answered thier questions but man I know I sounded dumb.  I just hope and pray they give me a chance.  We will see.

Thanks to all of yall for your encouragment, its nice to know you got friends out there even though we have never met.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?