Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Q Security Clearance honeypot

Author Topic: Q Security Clearance  (Read 16325 times)

zfortna

Q Security Clearance
« on: Dec 18, 2007, 10:11 »
I accepted a job at KAPL in the IT dept and am currently going through the clearance process.  I have a bankruptcy in the past year that has been discharged.  I fully disclosed everything about it on my SF86 and from reading other posts on the forum, i'm not overly concerned about it causing a problem with my clearance.  The thing that I'm concerned about is contacting my current employer.  They can't really afford to lose me and I'm afraid they may try to make me look bad when the investigators come to interview my boss.  Do I have anything to worry about?  Any idea what kind of questions they ask?  If they do make me look bad unfairly, do I have a chance to dispute it and prove my employer acted unfairly?  I'm concerned that the combo of the bankruptcy and an unfair review for my current employer will cause problem.  Do i need to be concerned?  Thanks in advance for any info.

alexio

Re: Q Security Clearance
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2007, 08:11 »
As long as you totally disclose everything your bankruptcy will not present any problems with the investigation. As for your boss is concerned when an investigator visits him he gets sworn in to everything he says is the truth, and the investigator will ask him for the names of other people that know you, that is a way for the agency to see if the things your boss had said carry's any weight. They may not even speak with your boss they want people who may know you but no as good as your boss. Be prepared for a lengthy process, and do yourself a favor and do not contact anyone looking for a status, you will have a security person at KAPL who can answer your questions. I was fortunate I was awarded my Q back in 1982 and my then girlfriend worked for security and helped me complete the paperwork, and my Q was completed in 8 months. At that time I never left my home town so that helped.

Good Luck 8)

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?