To Outage or Not?

Will be working an outage
18 (60%)
Will be working DOE
8 (26.7%)
Will be working D&D
4 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: New Outage Season  (Read 15956 times)

Doc_REM

New Outage Season
« on: Jan 17, 2004, 11:12 »
O.K. the ouage season for 2004 is about to start...what and where will you be going and doing?
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2004, 06:00 by Doc REM »

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Re: New Outage Season
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2004, 03:23 »
been as eye a non-outage type a  tek, eye a gonna sit on my darryair 'n think bout outrages past. ;)
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2004, 05:36 »
been as eye a non-outage type a  tek, eye a gonna sit on my darryair 'n think bout outrages past. ;)

Ditto...

sunshine1

« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2004, 07:15 »
(HP work)   I'll be headed to Limerick the end of February, to Millstone to NorthAnna 
....busy ....busy   :)   :) 
I haven't been to any of these plants but I hope to run into some of my friends at North Anna that worked Surry.

Offline fueldryer

• Heavy User
  • Call Before You Dig !
« Reply #4 on: Jan 17, 2004, 07:40 »
I'd love to do Millstone again but the dryfuel gig at CY is too sweet to drag up....
Call Before You Dig!

harleygirl

« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2004, 05:08 »
I am a house mouse about to embark on the road life again as a shared resource tech.....I cannot wait to get back into the road tech atmosphere again.  ;D ;D ;D

It is the best of both worlds, honestly it is ;) ;) ;)

Offline shiine8

• Light User
  • it aint pretty
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2004, 11:28 »
I'll be working V.Y. , IP or Fitz in the next year as a shared resources tech......

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2004, 09:16 »
Hey sunshine1,
Better call Bartlett to confirm that North Anna thing.  Apparently they have nixed the package deal with Millstone and are staffing with only returnees.  Gee... do you remember when the word "confirmed" had a meaning?
Good luck.
T
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

allforthenukie

« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2004, 04:45 »
Will be working but one outage this spring. I'm house mouse too now, so only get 1 outage per season if I'm lucky.
For the roadie nukeworkers, I hope you all have a very pro$perou$ spring outage season!  ;)

Offline Roll Tide

• Nearly SRO; Previous RCO / AUO / HP Tech / MM1ss
  • Very Heavy User
  • Those who wait upon God..rise up on eagles' wings
« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2004, 05:48 »
OTHER :)
BFN Unit 1 restart (with a short time working BFN 3 outage as a definite possibility!)
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.
And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

IBENNUKED

« Reply #10 on: Jan 21, 2004, 02:59 »
Me too playing that unit 1 restart @ BFN tune.

rapid

« Reply #11 on: Jan 21, 2004, 10:58 »
 8) 8) 8)  still housin it at the ole bomb factory fernoble.

GOD BLESS

rapid ray

LMDeane

« Reply #12 on: Jan 21, 2004, 04:47 »
Season has already started for some.  Departing from "normal" PWR work for a bit of BWR RST IVVI @ LaSalle, Hatch & Kuosheng (Taiwan).  Still awaiting word on potential SG ND job at season's end. 8)

Offline HousePuke

• ALARA Coordinator / Rad Engineer
  • Heavy User
  • If you don't like it here, go somewhere else!
« Reply #13 on: Jan 22, 2004, 04:38 »
Still working the D&D thing.  Plan on sticking with this one until the bitter end.  This will be the first year I won't be working at least one outage in many, many years.
Hey, I'll get to experience spring this year! ;D
Irish diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell such that he looks forward to making the trip.

Inspite of inflation, a penny is still a fair price for most peoples thoughts.

jjordan

« Reply #14 on: Jan 24, 2004, 11:36 »
I'm a house mouse at Brunswick, we have our outage in march, then I'll be doing the shared resource thing. Moving fuel at HB Robinson, then back to Brunswick to remove a few leakers. This fall I hope to get back to Harris also. Might be house, but I still get around! :P Ice Cream for everbody! :-*
JJ

duke99301

« Reply #15 on: Jan 25, 2004, 01:27 »
Ok, ok outage you never asked what kind of outage I am at a coal plant in st louie working 6 ,11s and every one has sunday off. we are doing 11 weeks and off to another one. pay the same, the diem is better and all the same perks,  :P and whats nice they good people to work with too! and I ran into a few BM that I worked with at other sites. and I can drive my car on site to my trailer.
lifes good I am watching the ice storm, take care all and have a SAFE outage!

duke99301

« Reply #16 on: Jan 25, 2004, 01:31 »
Hey Jumper
sounds like you are doing the GE thing.
I did the rerack at kosheng, and both pipe replacements at Chin Shan but I was doing th e ALARA thing back then hey you are going to have fun there what a NIGHT LIFE you will not want to come back, have fun.

LMDeane

Re: Duke 99301
« Reply #17 on: Jan 25, 2004, 06:42 »
Yeah I know.  Kuosheng-1 was my 1st RST gig for GE last year this time.  Taipei is most certainly unforgettable.  I've been waiting for this reassignment all year! 8)

radgal

« Reply #18 on: Jan 27, 2004, 11:49 »
Srill the one women show for my division at ANL

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #19 on: Jan 27, 2004, 10:39 »
Did 2 outages as a helper (tool runner) in the Machine Shop, did the last outage as a helper in the Weld Shop.  Trying something different this time, it'll be my first as an apprentice in the Electric Shop.  (Hums the theme to the Jeffersons)   :P
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?