Facility & Company Information > Duane Arnold

Duane Arnold Lodging

<< < (4/7) > >>

NHSparky:
Did a "resource sharing" for RFO21 last year.  Stayed at the Baymont, and it was comfortable enough, but fighting for the microwave and reefer I was promised was a pain.  Came out to something like $65/night with tax (refunded if you stay past 31 days).

Got tapped to do it again, and looked into corporate apartments or short-term leases.  Nobody wanted to touch anything less than a six-month lease.  Ended up booking a 2-bedroom (plus sleeper sofa) suite at the Mainstay Suites (some of the guys stayed there last time and liked it.)  Quoted $115/night plus tax but I think they're out of those now.

Most of the places you'll go will charge your card once every 7 days, so if you're using a debit card, make sure you have enough to cover a week in advance.

sscone:
Anybody know of furnished apartments in the area?

NHSparky:

--- Quote from: sscone on Sep 21, 2010, 01:01 ---Anybody know of furnished apartments in the area?

--- End quote ---

I still get calls from the corporate rental people, and no, none of them want to go less than 3-6 months even now.

Sticking with the hotel room "suite".

sscone:

--- Quote from: NHSparky on Sep 30, 2010, 05:43 ---
Sticking with the hotel room "suite".

--- End quote ---

That's what I'm doing. I hate hotels, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

mainstay:
MainStay Suites located just 12 miles from Duane Arnold has rooms with full kitchens, queen size bed and a fullsize sofa sleeper available for the Fall 2012 shutdown.  Rates starting at $63 per night and taxes are refunded for stays past 30 days.  Smoking rooms are available.  We provide a continental breakfast, indoor pool and hot tub, free high-speed wireless internet, fitness center, patio courtyard with gas grills and have a light dinner with snacks, soda and beer every Tuesday and Wednesday evening.
Call 319-363-7829 to book your room today!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version