Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Duane Arnold Lodging

Author Topic: Duane Arnold Lodging  (Read 37948 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Duane Arnold Lodging
« on: Dec 01, 2002, 12:41 »
If anyone has lodging information for this facility, please post it here.
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2007, 05:20 by Camella Black »

ozdemir

Duane Arnold
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2003, 08:11 »
Hampton Inn Cedar Rapids
3265 6th Street SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
Tel: 1-319-364-8144
Fax: 1-319-399-1877

About 10 minutes from site.

jpettis

Duane Arnold
« Reply #2 on: Aug 04, 2003, 06:39 »
 I stayed at Cedar River Towers 100 1st Ave.  High rise with off street parking.  Great place. Pricey, but hey quality of life is what it's all about.  

I also recommend Vondracek Developments 319-389-0802/846-2371. for apartments ask for Kyle.  Top notch furniture.  I've stayed at both and recommend them highly.  

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
Duane Arnold
« Reply #3 on: Mar 25, 2005, 01:33 »
The Baymont Inn & Suites has a special going for the power plant workers.  Due to irregular working hours, they are offering all their services 24 hrs per day, including a hot breakfast, indoor pool & fitness center, guest laundry room, etc.  They also have a guest appreciation reception twice a week, which includes soda, juice, beer, wine, and hot hors d'oeuvres.  Give em a call and see if they have anything else available.  Hope this helps.  866-378-8080

Lorrie

Offline dawnlee

• Light User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Duane Arnold
« Reply #4 on: Aug 02, 2005, 12:31 »
next outage let me know and I will look up some information for whoever wants it...I do know of a few places and people that are parking thier RV's at local residents and hooking up there......There are a lot of places pretty close to the plant.....dsbfed@aol.com..if anybody wants more info..

whitekkevin

Duane Arnold
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2006, 12:56 »

Thanks for the tip!
Working the outage Jan 07.
Just booked a deluxe suite  for 46 a night.
h   
BAYMONT CEDAR RAPIDS,1220 PARK PLACE CEDAR RAPIDS, IA-52402, PHONE:319-378-8000
The Baymont Inn & Suites has a special going for the power plant workers.
Due to irregular working hours, they are offering all their services 24 hrs per day, including a hot breakfast, indoor pool & fitness center, guest laundry room, etc.  They also have a guest appreciation reception twice a week, which includes soda, juice, beer, wine, and hot hors d'oeuvres.  Give em a call and see if they have anything else available.  Hope this helps.  866-378-8080

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
Duane Arnold
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2007, 07:49 »
We are currently staying at the Hawthorne Suites in Cedar Rapids.  They have 1-bedroom suites with full-size kitchens.   Give them a call at 319-294-8700 and ask for John ext. 602.  Feel free to give them my name.

Lorrie Henson

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Duane Arnold
« Reply #7 on: Mar 29, 2007, 06:48 »
The only mountain I know of is in Sibley about 5 hours away; however they have a nice state recreation area nearby called Pleasant Creek which overs camping, cabins, trails for multi use (hiking, skiing, snowmobiles) and they also allow fishing, swimming and boating there too.

There are some smaller recreation areas around too, but not sure of what they're called. Check with the tourism board of Iowa which has a pretty good web site.

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
Re: Duane Arnold Lodging
« Reply #8 on: Oct 10, 2008, 07:08 »
Does anyone have information regarding a furnished 3 bedroom condo, apartment, house, etc. for the upcoming outage?

Thank you for any info you can provide.

Lorrie

harleydad101

Cedar Rapids lodging
« Reply #9 on: Oct 30, 2008, 06:31 »
Does anyone have any suggestions for lodging around Duane Arnold?  I'm heading up in December and will be there a while.  Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Jj

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
« Reply #10 on: Oct 30, 2008, 01:51 »
Jeff,  check out the Hawthorn Suites and the Baymont Inn.  Both their numbers are listed above and I've stayed at both.  If traveling alone, I would suggest the Baymont Inn.  Whomever you talk to, tell them you will be working at the nuke plant, they should give you a discounted price.

OutageGuy

« Reply #11 on: Jan 04, 2009, 10:25 »
Looking for temporary living arrangement, preferably a small apartment, for nuclear outage employment from approx. Jan. 20 thru March 10, 2009.  Gentleman, neat, clean, quiet, and trustworthy. Thanks for your time. 

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
« Reply #12 on: Jan 04, 2009, 10:28 »
Check out the Hawthorn Suites.  They have one-bedroom suites with full kitchens, breakfast daily and manager's special Mon-Thurs evenings.

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
« Reply #13 on: Jan 17, 2009, 04:04 »
Cambridge Townhomes

2 bedroom townhomes, funished by local company.  Short term lease, you pay electric and cable. 

319-393-1820  Ask for Scott

Offline sscone

• Moderate User
« Reply #14 on: Jul 14, 2010, 12:41 »
I am a Jr. RP looking for a room mate for Duane Arnold 2010 fall outage. My report date right now is Oct. 11.

Offline NHSparky

• Light User
« Reply #15 on: Aug 29, 2010, 08:13 »
Did a "resource sharing" for RFO21 last year.  Stayed at the Baymont, and it was comfortable enough, but fighting for the microwave and reefer I was promised was a pain.  Came out to something like $65/night with tax (refunded if you stay past 31 days).

Got tapped to do it again, and looked into corporate apartments or short-term leases.  Nobody wanted to touch anything less than a six-month lease.  Ended up booking a 2-bedroom (plus sleeper sofa) suite at the Mainstay Suites (some of the guys stayed there last time and liked it.)  Quoted $115/night plus tax but I think they're out of those now.

Most of the places you'll go will charge your card once every 7 days, so if you're using a debit card, make sure you have enough to cover a week in advance.
Also available in SOBER!

Offline sscone

• Moderate User
« Reply #16 on: Sep 21, 2010, 01:01 »
Anybody know of furnished apartments in the area?

Offline NHSparky

• Light User
« Reply #17 on: Sep 30, 2010, 05:43 »
Anybody know of furnished apartments in the area?

I still get calls from the corporate rental people, and no, none of them want to go less than 3-6 months even now.

Sticking with the hotel room "suite".
Also available in SOBER!

Offline sscone

• Moderate User
« Reply #18 on: Oct 01, 2010, 11:37 »

Sticking with the hotel room "suite".

That's what I'm doing. I hate hotels, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

mainstay

2012 Shutdown
« Reply #19 on: Jan 25, 2012, 06:02 »
MainStay Suites located just 12 miles from Duane Arnold has rooms with full kitchens, queen size bed and a fullsize sofa sleeper available for the Fall 2012 shutdown.  Rates starting at $63 per night and taxes are refunded for stays past 30 days.  Smoking rooms are available.  We provide a continental breakfast, indoor pool and hot tub, free high-speed wireless internet, fitness center, patio courtyard with gas grills and have a light dinner with snacks, soda and beer every Tuesday and Wednesday evening.
Call 319-363-7829 to book your room today!

Offline rpcarp

• Light User
« Reply #20 on: Jul 09, 2012, 07:02 »
Does anyone have any info on campgrounds near the plant? I have never been to duane arnold before and trying to see if it's worth hauling my camper or not. thanks

Offline rocknrollrick

• Moderate User
  • PAYING THE COST TO BE THE BOSS!!!!!
« Reply #21 on: Jul 10, 2012, 10:55 »
yes just got off the phone Timber Ridge Shellsburg Iowa close to the plant $330.00 a month plus electric
(319)436-2476.  ;) There's also a campground, RV park to the north of the plant near Center Point called Lazy Acres  I-380 exit41 (319)443-4000. Hope this helped. +K
Early to bed, 13 hours on nights, makes you tired, wealthy and a night crawler!!!!

Offline rpcarp

• Light User
« Reply #22 on: Jul 12, 2012, 08:28 »
yes just got off the phone Timber Ridge Shellsburg Iowa close to the plant $330.00 a month plus electric
(319)436-2476.  ;) There's also a campground, RV park to the north of the plant near Center Point called Lazy Acres  I-380 exit41 (319)443-4000. Hope this helped. +K

Thanks

mainstay

« Reply #23 on: Jul 23, 2012, 05:06 »
MainStay Suites
5145 Rockwell Drive NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Phone: 319-363-7829

An extended stay hotel with full size refrigerator, microwave, dishwasher and 2-burner stovetop in every room.  A queen size bed and sofa sleeper along with all the comforts of your own home.
Free breakfast served daily and every Tuesday and Wednesday evening at 5:30pm there are snacks, soda, beer and appetizers or a light meal served.
Indoor heated pool and hot tub as well as a fitness center and a private patio courtyard with 2 complimentary gas grills for guests' use.
Rates vary based on room type and length of stay ranging from as low as $59 per night for over 30 nights up to $99. 

Offline clrajensen

• Lurker
« Reply #24 on: Aug 13, 2012, 11:11 »
Lazy Acres RV Park is an RV Park about 15 miles from Duane Arnold.  Located just off I-380 at Exit 41.  Daily/Weekly/Monthly rates.  We have 46+ sites with a shower house, laundry facilities, Wi-Fi, and many more amenities.  Please call (319) 443-4000 for reservations or visit our website for more information (www.lazyacresrv.com).

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?