Facility & Company Information > Fermi NPP

Fermi NPP Lodging

<< < (2/20) > >>

R2E2:
Eats and drinks around Monroe, from a local.
For the best Mexican food and drinks around try La Fiesta, its on N. Telegraph Rd., south of town near the Ohio border on your right (highly recomended).  For some Italian cuisine you might try The Detroit Beach Pizzaria, located on Dixie Hwy only a few miles from Fermi. Its about 5 miles before I-75 coming from Fermi. Petes Garage is an all time classic, although recently remodeled (I liked it better before) on N Telegraph. Tuesday night is wing night and always extremely busy. Weekends pull in a fairly large crowd as well. They have a great burger and some decent pool tables. Also if you enjoy nastalgia they have several cars from the 50's that have been modified into booths. If your in the mood for an easy going night of a few drinks and either a game of pool or some karioki (Friday night if Im not mistaken) check out The Bears Den. You probably pass it every day on your way to work. Its less than a mile from Fermi Dr. on Dixie Hwy.
Two to avoid: "the dump" and "the pit", aptly named they are rough bars. The dump is on the river, its current name is The Pirates Landing, its best not to go here. The second is The Gravell Pit, on Telegraph north of town. Its best to know someone there. Both are known for fights and drugs.
Enjoy Monroe, I always do!

Aerosquirl:
A bunch of us stayed at Amerihost Inn last spring (03) outage.  They charged 34 a night, pool, sauna, jacuzzi and a pretty good continental breakfast. Good people worked there also, had a ball. There was about 12 of us all staying there so there wasn't any lack in socializing.

dave99:
"They" have changed the name of "Camp Lord willing" to: Shady Rest RV Park and Campground. I saw some negative experience indications at one spot online under the old name but I wonder if anyone here had a bad time there? Also there is Harbortown RV Resort just south of Monroe.

Fermi2:
A lot of the Fermi people hang at Vernas on Dixie Highway, about 3 miles North of the plant (Famous because it was issued the first liquor license in the US post Prohibition)

Also try McGeadies on Monroe Street. John Martin runs the cleanest bar in town with the best burgers in Michigan, PLUS his waitresses are HOT!!

Mike

makua13:
Most hotels in Monroe are ify (my opion) the only 2 nice ones are Comfort Inn which is $45 a night, based on weekly stay, and the Hampton Inn.  Hampton "says" they don't do weekly rates but I did talk them into it and had a great stay.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version