Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Fermi NPP Lodging  

Author Topic: Fermi NPP Lodging  (Read 96404 times)

room4u

Re: Fermi NPP Lodging
« Reply #50 on: Feb 03, 2010, 10:06 »
Baymont Inn & Suites of Monroe14774 LaPlaisance Rd, Monroe, Michigan 48161
Phone: (734) 384-1600, Cell Phone: 248-931-7694
Fax: (734) 384-1180, Email:sales@baymontmonroe.com

We offer special rates for FERMI II and DTE Employees/ Contractors
For Special rates and reservations Call or Email:

Jas Sohi: 248-931-7694, E-mail: sales@baymontmonroe.com   
Stephanie Pipkin: 734-731-7468. Email: info@baymontmonroe.com

Convenient Location I-75 Exit 11, turn right at McDonald’s entrance, follow the drive back. We are only minutes away from FERMI.

Hotel amenities include:
•   Free Deluxe breakfast, Free Wireless Internet, Free Dinner on Tuesday’s (5:00- 7:00 PM)
•   In room Coffeemakers, Microwave and refrigerators, iron and Ironing boards, Hairdryer, Free Wireless Internet in rooms
•   On site Guest self Laundry Facilities (washer/dryer)
•   24 hr Business Center/ Fitness/Indoor heated pool/Hot tub
•   Special discounts on some of the area restaurants. Walking distance to most fast food restaurants.

Offline gergskitten

• Very Lite User
« Reply #51 on: Jul 13, 2010, 03:19 »

I have a lovely house right on Lake Erie, 2 bedroom perfect for a couple or small group of guys who could share costs. Fully furnished w/ utilities included. Had a couple from IN stay there while working an outage on Fermi & they loved it! Available immediately, don't let this one slip by!
$50.00 a day including utilities. Call 734-241-4158 or email
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 10:55 by gergskitten »

Cathy

« Reply #52 on: Aug 05, 2010, 10:10 »
Just found out I am going to the Fermi outage. I am looking for a place with a porch or balcony because I am a smoker. It also needs to have internet access.  Thanks!

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #53 on: Aug 07, 2010, 05:15 »
Just found out I am going to the Fermi outage. I am looking for a place with a porch or balcony because I am a smoker. It also needs to have internet access.  Thanks!

I'm sataying at the Del Rio.  If it's not already listed, I'll get their info and post it.  It has a porch and internet included.

Offline Eightmile

• Light User
  • Walk like a penguin!
« Reply #54 on: Aug 11, 2010, 09:19 »
Any suggestions for efficiencies or furnished apartments?  Del Rio is fully reserved, as well as the construction company they've been sending their overflow to.  Having grown up downriver, I'm familiar with the area, and am comfortable staying anywhere between Monroe and Taylor.  I normally stay in Trenton, but would really like someplace with a stove so I can avoid most of the fast food/microwave pitfalls.

I'm having trouble finding efficiencies or executive apartments outside of Detroit or Ann Arbor, and I really don't want to drive half an hour after a 12 hour day :)
It is a well-known fact that although the public is fine
when taken individually, when it forms itself into large
groups, it tends to act as though it has one partially
consumed Pez tablet for a brain.

Offline techtoolong

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #55 on: Aug 11, 2010, 09:58 »
Look up Hotel Sterling in Monroe.  He has some very nice efficiencies, located downtown walking distance to pubs.  Not cheap but very nice.  Flat screen TV, stainless appliances etc. Great landlord                                                       

http://www.thehotelsterling.com/
« Last Edit: Aug 11, 2010, 10:03 by techtoolong »

PowerGirl

« Reply #56 on: Aug 24, 2010, 04:01 »
Amerihost Inn and Suites located at 14774 LaPlaisance Rd, Monroe, MI, 48161.
(I 75, Exit 11, turn right at McDonald's and fllow the drive back to the hotel)
Contact phone # Jas @ 1248-931-7694

-  Convenienly located close to Fermi II and DTE
-  Special rates for Fermi II and DTE
-  Hotel Amenities include free continental breakfast, Indoor heated pool,     whirlpool, exercise room, business center, rooms with coffemakers, micrwaves and refrigerators.
-  Laundry pick up and drop off service
-  Special discounted rates for food at Nearby restaurants
-  "Friends and Family" discounts for anyone coming to visit.
-  24 hr front desk, very friendly and well trained staff
-  Guest Appreciation every Tuesday

No longer an Amerihost, it is Baymont Inn and Suites. They will get you a good price. Stayed there recently. Enjoyed my stay. Staff was great, room was nice, clean, comfortable  and breaskfast was good. Pool was refreshing. If you are coming in late, call and they will get the ac on and cool off your room! Great bunch up there! If your not familiar with the area the ladies at the desk go out of the way to help you out. Founs a great Mexican resturant El Maguey on Dixie, nice place with authentic food!!

PowerGirl

« Reply #57 on: Aug 24, 2010, 04:04 »
A word of BEWARE. Before you book at AmeriHost (The name is changing to Baymont) contact me.

Just stayed there recently and had a great stay. What happend on your stay?

danielweder

« Reply #58 on: Aug 26, 2010, 01:43 »
For anyone looking for lodging for the 2010 refuel at Fermi, please see Jas Sohi, or Daniel Weder @ either Comfort Inn (LaPlaisance Rd - Exit 11) 734-384-1500; or Baymont Inn (same exit, North side of street) 734-384-1600... Wonderful locations, easy-on-easy-off I-75, within 10 miles of Fermi Plant, close to all restaurants, downtown, bars, shopping, & other areas of family interest...

Weekly rates available at both properties... Continental breakfast @ Baymont; Full breakfast @ Comfort Inn... Pool & hot tub at both locations; jacuzzi suites available, as well...

Contant Dan: dan@comfortinnmonroe.com or Jas: Sales@baymontmonroe.com

JennP1977

« Reply #59 on: Aug 27, 2010, 09:10 »
Places to stay

Hey everyone! Just wanted to share that the last couple times I was down I stayed at Baymont Inn and Suites and Comfort Inn. Both were right off the highway, both have pools,and wifi, and better then a continental breakfast! You can't beat a fresh waffle! Call ahead and tell them you are working Fermi and how long you want to stay, they gave me a realy good weekend rate. All the folks that work there were really helpful. I was looking for a few places to eat and I needed a few things from the store! They printed off maps and menus for me. Both places really seemed to go above and beyond and when I ran into an emergency and needed to bring my dog up for a weekend i was in luck because Baymont has Pet Friendly rooms! Give either or both a try you won't be dissapointed!!

PowerGirl

« Reply #60 on: Sep 06, 2010, 07:18 »
For anyone looking for lodging for the 2010 refuel at Fermi, please see Jas Sohi, or Daniel Weder @ either Comfort Inn (LaPlaisance Rd - Exit 11) 734-384-1500; or Baymont Inn (same exit, North side of street) 734-384-1600... Wonderful locations, easy-on-easy-off I-75, within 10 miles of Fermi Plant, close to all restaurants, downtown, bars, shopping, & other areas of family interest...

Weekly rates available at both properties... Continental breakfast @ Baymont; Full breakfast @ Comfort Inn... Pool & hot tub at both locations; jacuzzi suites available, as well...

Contant Dan: dan@comfortinnmonroe.com or Jas: Sales@baymontmonroe.com

Baymont had a bit above the continental breakfast when I was there fresh hot waffles and french toast! When I think continental I think cereal a muffin and coffee!1

:)

PowerGirl

« Reply #61 on: Sep 08, 2010, 09:43 »
If y'all manage to find a place with no ignorant, rude people  please let me know.....but let's keep it a secret from the rest of the world. Monroe, Mich, Philadelphia, TN, Denver, CO, Idaho Falls, ID.....and on and on. They all had their smallmindedbigego'dsuchandsuch's.....but I enjoyed all those places. Maybe a place is just what you make it.

There are nice people and not so nice people everywhere! I do not think I have been in a city that is all nice and friendly or all idiots!

PowerGirl

« Reply #62 on: Sep 09, 2010, 07:01 »
Places to stay

Hey everyone! Just wanted to share that the last couple times I was down I stayed at Baymont Inn and Suites and Comfort Inn. Both were right off the highway, both have pools,and wifi, and better then a continental breakfast! You can't beat a fresh waffle! Call ahead and tell them you are working Fermi and how long you want to stay, they gave me a realy good weekend rate. All the folks that work there were really helpful. I was looking for a few places to eat and I needed a few things from the store! They printed off maps and menus for me. Both places really seemed to go above and beyond and when I ran into an emergency and needed to bring my dog up for a weekend i was in luck because Baymont has Pet Friendly rooms! Give either or both a try you won't be dissapointed!!

Looking for a place to saty in the October Fermi outage? Call Baymont! It is right off 75, the have weekly rates!! 734-384-1600

Gr8tStay

« Reply #63 on: Sep 16, 2010, 04:59 »
 8)

For anyone coming to Monroe to work the Fermi outage!

Baymont Inn & Suites
14774 LaPlaisance Road
Monroe, MI 48161
Phone: (734) 384-1600 • Fax: (734) 384-1180

sales@baymontmonroe.com

We offer:
Complimentary Deluxe Continental Breakfast
Clean and friendly rooms include refrigerator,
microwave, 27˝ TV, iron/board, coffee maker & hairdryer
Complimentary wireless Internet access
Executive Whirlpool Suites add luxuries like balcony
overlooking pool, a wet bar, and a sleeper sofa
Indoor heated pool, whirlpool and sundeck
Guest laundry and fitness center
Weekly, monthly and special group rates
Outdoor courtyard with BBQ Grill
Discounts offered at select restaurants and shopping
Daily, Weekly and Monthly Pool memberships available

Please call or e-mail for rates!

PowerGirl

« Reply #64 on: Jan 21, 2011, 09:33 »
8)

For anyone coming to Monroe to work the Fermi outage!

Baymont Inn & Suites
14774 LaPlaisance Road
Monroe, MI 48161
Phone: (734) 384-1600 • Fax: (734) 384-1180

sales@baymontmonroe.com

We offer:
Complimentary Deluxe Continental Breakfast
Clean and friendly rooms include refrigerator,
microwave, 27˝ TV, iron/board, coffee maker & hairdryer
Complimentary wireless Internet access
Executive Whirlpool Suites add luxuries like balcony
overlooking pool, a wet bar, and a sleeper sofa
Indoor heated pool, whirlpool and sundeck
Guest laundry and fitness center
Weekly, monthly and special group rates
Outdoor courtyard with BBQ Grill
Discounts offered at select restaurants and shopping
Daily, Weekly and Monthly Pool memberships available

Please call or e-mail for rates!

Cal this one or call Comfort Inn @ 734-384-1500! Great rooms! Great Staff!

JennP1977

« Reply #65 on: Jan 28, 2011, 08:59 »
Called and was given a great weekly rate at Comfort Inn. Decided on a kitchenette room! Give them a call at 734-384-1500

greatstay

« Reply #66 on: Jul 26, 2011, 12:34 »
RED ROOF INN/ MONROE
734-289-2330

•   Free breakfast,
•   Free Wireless Internet,
•   Free Dinner on Tuesday’s (5:00- 7:00 PM)
•   In room Coffeemakers, Microwave and refrigerators, iron and Ironing boards, Hairdryer,
•   On site Guest self Laundry Facilities (washer/dryer)
•   Business Center/ heated outdoor  pool/grilling area/ truck parking/
•   Special discounts on some of the area restaurants.
•   Walking distance to most fast food restaurants.

automodeler@comcast.net

« Reply #67 on: Mar 18, 2012, 11:53 »
I'm headed over for the outage. Got a room in a house in Toledo, OH for $95 a week. Yeah, it's a little farther, but about half way between Fermi and Davis Bessie, where I hope to go next.

Offline 2klydejo

• Lurker
« Reply #68 on: Dec 25, 2012, 09:47 »
Del Rio Suites - Apartments and Houses - Daily Weekly Monthly
www.delriomanagement.com
734-242-6026

Offline gergskitten

• Very Lite User
« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2013, 11:01 »
Have a relaxing place right on Lake Erie, 2 bedroom with views of the lake so a couple of guys could share costs. Clean, Smoke free. and Fully furnished w/ utilities included. Only $50.00 a day there. De-stress looking at the Great Lake Erie. Cook you're own healthy meals and relax in the deck.
Had a couple from IN stay while working an outage on Fermi & they loved it! Many others have also stayed. Don't let this one slip by! Just call 734-241-4158

Offline nuketek

• Lurker
« Reply #70 on: Dec 05, 2013, 02:07 »
Looking for lodging during Fermi outage 2/10/14-3/17/14.  Does anybody know of a house or apartment for rent nearby?

Offline Dflippin1

• Lurker
« Reply #71 on: Apr 08, 2014, 09:51 »
We have a home for rent that is right beside the plant. We are looking for a long term rental of our home-at least 12 mo. Or a rent to own type of thing.  It has 3 beds 2 baths and in the pt a peaux farms subdivision. Please email me if you have any interest.  Dflippin1@yahoo.com

Offline kmiklusak

• Very Lite User
« Reply #72 on: Oct 27, 2014, 05:51 »
Beginning NOVEMBER 1, 2015!
Lodging available: Fully furnished house! 2 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 2 sets of washers & dryers, 2 car attached garage, large fenced-in backyard, small patio. 1 mile off of I-75 exit N. Dixie in Monroe. $950/month for single or $1,400 for 2 renters. A loved home that is occasionally used by owners when not rented. 1,200 square feet. No pets or smoking. Unfinished basement. Great location! Security deposit required. 586.321.2377 or email kmiklusak@comcast.net for more information.

« Last Edit: Aug 25, 2015, 12:51 by kmiklusak »
I love Monroe!

CusterEstates

« Reply #73 on: Feb 03, 2015, 03:14 »
1 or 2 Bedroom, short or long term furnished housing available at Custer Estates Apartments in Monroe. Several options to choose from. Non-furnished, furnished and furnished with all housewares. Furnished with or without housewares includes all utilities (cable/internet resident's responsibility so you are sure to get what you want). Leases are month to month, 3 month, 6 month and longer. We are your home away from home and preferred employer rates apply. Set rates per apartment not per person. Within walking distance to major retail shopping and restaurants or use your own full size kitchen and save money. custerestates@mrdapartments.com

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #74 on: Jun 16, 2015, 09:27 »
Looking for a place from July 6th through November 1st.
Would prefer a furnished condo, apt, house, whatever.
Not afraid to travel from Toledo area to Fermi.
PM me or call me 513.310.5912.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?