Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Perry Lodging

Author Topic: Perry Lodging  (Read 32741 times)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Perry Lodging
« on: Dec 01, 2002, 12:49 »
If anyone has lodging information for this facility, please post it here.
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2007, 12:25 by Camella Black »

barnoandkato

Perry
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2005, 02:07 »
Just a word of caution on lodging if you are planning to go to Perry.  The Anchor Motel and Cottages in Geneva on the Lake are very clean and nice however, you will pay an extra day of rent when you go to check out,  even if it's early in the morning.  I left the place immaculate at 800 AM, but it did not matter I was still charged the extra day.  The owner states they like to boil the dishes and wash the windows etc. when someone checks out and they charge you for the day to enable them to do these things.  The owners were very pleasant until it came time to leave and then there true colors showed through when they clip you for the extra day. I always leave a place cleaner than I found it, that's just me but, in this case it didn't matter at all.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2005, 02:12 by PreFFD »

LinkNuc

Perry
« Reply #2 on: Jan 22, 2007, 03:35 »
Hey, its been about 2 years since I did this, but I have (I'm an Rx. Eng at Perry now) 1 open room and a full kitchen, washer/dryer and full bath and HDTV (61") and Wi-Fi internet plus I can hook you up via Cat-5 if needed 125 per week full everything 20 min to perry and a walk less than 2 min (My fav bar is a 30 second walk) to the strip, Geneva-on-the-lake... email me linknuc@gmail.com

UPDATE:  Room has been rented
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2007, 11:18 by LinkNuc »

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
Perry
« Reply #3 on: Jan 22, 2007, 10:36 »
I am also staying in a condo in Geneva-On-The-Lake. There isn't much to do on the strip except the Firehouse Winery and Sportsterz. The Wagon Wheel in Madison has some decent bands sometimes, and Lake Effects can be fun. The Flying Burrito is now closed down, too bad for you. Hopefully, the snow will be melted when you get here.....

LinkNuc

Perry
« Reply #4 on: Jan 22, 2007, 04:18 »
Mike's Bermuda Triangle is also open, Step Above Lounge too and every Friday/Saturday, The Cove has Rock Bands

Geneva-On-The-Lake Is supposed to be crazy busy in the Summer starting in May, but the outage starts April 2nd asnd is currently scheduled for 27 days 17 hours.

PAULTHEVOL

Perry
« Reply #5 on: Jan 22, 2007, 07:33 »
I will vouch for Dave on this matter,we realized we were probably partying way too much when we recieved a hand written thank you card from Pablo Patron.....I have to say ,it was probably my favorite place that I have worked and I am sure it was because of the fun we had on the strip.....What happens in G.O.T.O.L stays there right Dave??

thenuttyneutron

Perry
« Reply #6 on: Jan 22, 2007, 10:02 »
Mike's Bermuda Triangle is also open, Step Above Lounge too and every Friday/Saturday, The Cove has Rock Bands

Geneva-On-The-Lake Is supposed to be crazy busy in the Summer starting in May, but the outage starts April 2nd asnd is currently scheduled for 27 days 17 hours.

If you have as much luck as Davis-Besse did with their last outage you will be working 72 hours a week till Independence Day.  I am scared that March 1 will bring a big disappointment to many people in FENOC.  I hope your outage goes well, Summer is the only time in the year that the lake is warm enough to play in.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Perry
« Reply #7 on: Jan 23, 2007, 08:22 »
The Wagon Wheel in Madison has some decent bands sometimes.....

dat place is still in bizness?  dang, dey toll me dey ware gonna hafta go outa bizness when i dragged up from there after the warranty run wuz dun.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

LinkNuc

Perry
« Reply #8 on: Jan 23, 2007, 11:32 »
Just a word of caution on lodging if you are planning to go to Perry.  The Anchor Motel and Cottages in Geneva on the Lake are very clean and nice however, you will pay an extra day of rent when you go to check out,  even if it's early in the morning.  I left the place immaculate at 800 AM, but it did not matter I was still charged the extra day.  The owner states they like to boil the dishes and wash the windows etc. when someone checks out and they charge you for the day to enable them to do these things.  The owners were very pleasant until it came time to leave and then there true colors showed through when they clip you for the extra day. I always leave a place cleaner than I found it, that's just me but, in this case it didn't matter at all.

Its under new mangement, I told them (new owners) about this post, they are pissed..its still clean, and they swear they will not charge an extra day, they may not "boil" dishes, but they would love the business and keep it clean...I'd give them a chance!

Offline nothinbuttrouble

• SR HP TECH
  • Light User
  • I love being a professional babysitter!!!
Perry
« Reply #9 on: Jan 26, 2007, 04:16 »
here is the name of motel i stayed at STUDIO 6.  its located in mentour, ohio.  the hotel is located about 1/2 hour from plant.  the hotel has efficiency.  never had a problem there would recommend it to anyone going to the outage.  the number is 440-946-0749.  it is in a nice location to.  good luck to whoever is going there and tell the house tech hello....

Offline techtoolong

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
Perry
« Reply #10 on: Jan 26, 2007, 04:41 »
Thanks for the note.  I got room for $295.96 a week Perry rate.  The manager Dwight still has rooms available.  There are lots of places to eat etc. within walking distance.

Offline Rather Hunt Than Tech

• Light User
  • It's not Rocket Science we're only Splitting Atoms
Perry
« Reply #11 on: Jan 28, 2007, 11:39 »
Last outage I stayed at the Studio 6.  Decent room, real fridge, 2 burner cooktop, no oven.  Not much of an area to sit and watch TV.  There are many thing very close.  Hooters next door.  Many place's to eat and drink in the area.  Some close enough to walk.  Supermarket ( Giant Eagle ) and Blockbuster video a very short drive.  I would stay there again, but this outage I'm going to try a cottage at Geneva on the lake.
« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2007, 12:27 by rather_hunt_than_tech »
ATF: Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a Goverment Agency

• Light User
Perry
« Reply #12 on: Jan 28, 2007, 12:32 »
Try Quigley's Squarerigger Saloon in Madison.  Good local bar and open in the morning if you are on nights.
ATF: Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a Goverment Agency

LinkNuc

Perry
« Reply #13 on: Jan 31, 2007, 03:54 »
For you 'Burghers out there , yes youns, red up yur rooms and pack da bag...there is new management at Colonial Inn Lounge in Geneva -On-The-Lake...440-466-4715 and at The ANchor (440)466-0726...no more extra day crap that they used to pull..new management...

Oh and for everyone else that aren't from The greatest city on Earth...they love ya too...tell 'em Travis sent ya (seriously it'll help me too)

Hope to meet some old and new faces!!

Trav

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
Perry
« Reply #14 on: Jan 31, 2007, 07:50 »
The Anchor even has a welcome message on the Marquee sign welcoming all the Perry outage workers!!
So, you got that going for ya....:)

• Light User
Perry
« Reply #15 on: Feb 01, 2007, 11:45 »
I have a reservation for a cottage at the Anchor Motel.  Comming up from that Greatest City.  I have some friends from Bartlett who are already at Perry.  I forgot to mention in an earlier post that Quigley's has good wings.

PAULTHEVOL

Perry
« Reply #16 on: Feb 02, 2007, 07:05 »
Sportsterz bar and grill also has some amazing food...They're BBQ wings won first place in the BBQ category,and they're hot wings took third place in the national wing fest in Buffalo NY...Jake,the owner is a very cool guy also..
« Last Edit: Feb 02, 2007, 07:07 by T.VOLS »

LinkNuc

Perry
« Reply #17 on: Feb 05, 2007, 02:20 »
Don't forget about Diane's...just don't wipe your mouth on the sheets after eating wings..lol....another great place to stay!

pris/1022

Re: Perry Lodging
« Reply #18 on: Dec 07, 2008, 08:12 »
If anyone has lodging information for this facility, please post it here.
Perry plant outage workers welcome. A & A Rentals. One minute walk to Sportstez, GOTL. Brand new 2 bedroom unit with full kitche and cable TV. Two three bedroom units, each with full kitchens and cable. Units are spacious with livingrooms and fully equipped.
2 bedroom unit
$1000/one person/month
$1200/two person/month
$1400/three person/month
3 bedroon unit
$1200/one person/month
$1400/two person/month
$1600/three person/month
$1800/four person/month
Call Priscilla Osbonre at cell 440-796-4845 or 440-428-1478
« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2008, 07:38 by pris/1022 »

Offline azkidd

• RP Tech (Housemouse)
  • Moderate User
  • We Nationalize Banks!!
« Reply #19 on: Jan 21, 2009, 09:36 »
Need some help from some of the locals or returnees.  I called a few campgrounds in the area.  Kenisee Campground is closed, Indian Creek is open, but has no water.  Is there anything available this time of year in the area for an RV/Trailer?  Thanks for the help.

PAULTHEVOL

« Reply #20 on: Jan 21, 2009, 10:14 »
I have a friend that has a 3 br 1200 sq ft house in Geneva for rent.....(It is usually not occupied and he's looking to rent it to Perry outage workers)
It is about 12 miles to the plant....

If interested ,message me and I will foward his info..
« Last Edit: Jan 21, 2009, 10:21 by T.VOLS »

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #21 on: Jan 21, 2009, 01:24 »
Paul, send me a personal message and give me the lowdown on this joint.....

Offline nuclearnavajo

• Very Lite User
  • Well, I was poor and needed the money...
« Reply #22 on: Apr 06, 2011, 06:32 »
I got a last minute call or this site. I have never been and ma looking for a place to stay. Can anyone point me in the right direction.
Sleep is for the weak, and the Aux building.

vikingfan

« Reply #23 on: Apr 06, 2011, 09:46 »
plenty of rentals, as it is off season and outage should be over before memorial day. i would google geneva on the lake, painsville for rentals also mentor Ohio.

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #24 on: Apr 06, 2011, 10:56 »
I got a last minute call or this site. I have never been and ma looking for a place to stay. Can anyone point me in the right direction.

PM me and I will give you all the info you need. Are you reporting on the 11th or the 18th?

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?