Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Quad Cities Lodging

Author Topic: Quad Cities Lodging  (Read 36649 times)

signature_inn

Quad Cities Lodging
« on: Feb 07, 2002, 02:10 »
The Motel 8 is $175 per week. It is about 15 miles from QC in Moline. There are places just north of the plant, kind of a sleeping room place - for about 80 per week.

North of Quad Cities a few miles to the first town Port Byron, right on the Mississippi. About in the middle of the town (turn right by a tire place I believe) there is a Mobile home park and camp site that will take travel trailers, its only a few blocks off the main High Way.
Try Nancy's Sleeping Rooms in Albany about 4 miles north of the plant if you're looking for a simple arrangement (find Nancy at Steve's Bar next to the sleeping rooms house)...otherwise, drive across the river to Clinton and you can find decent, affordable housing. Quad Cities is good also...little bit more expensive (400+) but more to do.

Signature Inn in the Quad Cities is offering a special rate for viewers of this website.  Signature Inn offers numerous amentities including free continental breakfast and microwaves and refrigerators in every room.  Old Chicago Bar and Grill is in the same parking lot.  For reservations call 563-355-7575 and mention nukeworker.com to receive special rate.
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2007, 12:54 by Camella Black »

Offline billhudson

• Light User
  • QC Inspector
Quad Cities
« Reply #1 on: Aug 09, 2002, 10:35 »
The Hampton Inn in Davenport has special rates for Exelon. Call 563-359-3921 and ask for Andrea Sue Neilson, she is the director of sales and will give you a weekly quote based on the time frame you are talking about. Indoor pool, sauna, breakfast, happy hour, and many restaurants near by

anielsen

Quad Cities
« Reply #2 on: Oct 21, 2002, 11:03 »
Hello Everyone!
I know you are all thrilled for your next visit to the Quad Cities! My name is Andrea Sue Nielsen and I know that my name is floating around on here somewhere in regards to the great facilities and rates The Hampton Inn of Davenport is offering those of you who "get" to come back and visit the Quad Cities for the fall outage.I just wanted to give you all a little more information on that. The Davenport Hampton Inn is a proud member of the Hilton Family of Hotels-which means you can get your Hilton Honors points AND miles for your stay with us. If you are not familiar with that program please visit www.hiltonhhonors.com -talk to anyone who is already a Hilton Honors member and they will agree that there isn't a better program out there. If you register online you get extra bonus points.  We are offering everyone coming in for the fall outage a special "Fall Outage Rate" that is a little lower than the rate we have offered for previous stays this year due to the season we are entering. This rate does include our Bountiful Breakfast Bar every AM, Free local Calls, Internet Access, Indoor Pool, Sauna, SteamRoom, Fitness Center(Onsite) and Gold's Gym Special, as well as Nightly Social Hour(Tues-Thurs)and Complimentary Airport & area bussinesses shuttle.  Every room has a coffee maker in it and we also have complimentary refrigerators available upon request with each guest room. We have guest laundry facilities onsite as well as Valet laundry service. There are also numerous restaurants within walking distance of our property. To make reservations please contact Liese Pruesnner at (563)359-3921 ext.140 and ask for the "Excelon Fall Outage Rate". You can also email your res to me with all your information and I will email you back your confirmation number. I know there are other hotels in our area offering you rates as well...just remeber one thing when you are comparing rates....you get what you pay for. Please make your res as soon as possible as we only have a limited number of rooms available for some dates in October & November. Our entire staff is looking forward to meeting all of you during your stay with us! We are anxious to be your new "Home Away From Home"!

DainJer

Quad Cities
« Reply #3 on: Oct 21, 2002, 01:55 »
The Signature Inn-  is again offering a special rate for the quad outage.  the rate thy quoted me was $34+tax
per night, single or double. they have a good breakfast with biscuits/gravy eggs etc... microwave..Fridge in all rooms. an eatery next door. to keep this price in perspective...Super8 quoted me $35+tax per night.
this is the better choice for the money.
563-355-7575 ask for matt or dave. mention outage/Nukeworker.com

anielsen

Quad Cities
« Reply #4 on: Oct 21, 2002, 02:27 »
I guess it all depends on what you are looking for...The Signature Inn is a nice property...matter of fact we are probably one of their top clients-whenever we sell out they are the hotel that is most comparable to ours in this area so we refer our guests to them since they always seem to have rooms available. A few BIG differences...they do not have: a Managers Social with complimentary beverages, an Indoor Pool, a Sauna or Steamroom, or our Amazingly Friendly Staff, AND the #1 difference....they do not have Hilton Honors. How nice would it be to trade your bussiness trip to the Quad Cities in the Fall/Winter for a free trip to stay at the Hilton Hawaiin Village in the Spring? ::) If you don't know what I am talking about you need to check out www.hiltonhhonors.com
Have a GREAT day!!!!

jmitchell

Quad Cities
« Reply #5 on: Nov 05, 2002, 06:45 »
Another option in the Quad Cities for lodging is the Holiday Inn Express in Moline.  This hotel also offers a complimentary continental breakfast and free local calls.  There is also a special rate for anyone asking for the outage rate.  It is a clean facility with a friendly staff.  Call (309) 762-8300 for reservations.  

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
Quad Cities
« Reply #6 on: Nov 30, 2002, 09:37 »
The Motel 8 is $175 per week. It is about 15 miles from QC in Moline. There are places just north of the plant, kind of a sleeping room place - for about 80 per week.

North of Quad Cities a few miles to the first town Port Byron, right on the Mississippi. About in the middle of the town (turn right by a tire place I believe) there is a Mobile home park and camp site that will take travel trailers, its only a few blocks off the main High Way.
Try Nancy's Sleeping Rooms in Albany about 4 miles north of the plant if you're looking for a simple arrangement (find Nancy at Steve's Bar next to the sleeping rooms house)...otherwise, drive across the river to Clinton and you can find decent, affordable housing. Quad Cities is good also...little bit more expensive (400+) but more to do.
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2007, 12:52 by Camella Black »

jmitchell

Quad Cities
« Reply #7 on: Nov 11, 2003, 12:51 »
I have found that there are 3 Quad Cities hotels that have discounted rates for the upcoming outage in 2004 -

Holiday Inn Express Moline 309-762-8300
   Complimentary Continental Breakfast and free local calls
Holiday Inn Davenport 563-391-1230
Holiday Inn Moline 309-762-8811

All three are clean hotels with friendly staff.  

pineapple

Quad Cities
« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2004, 11:17 »
Sundance Lodge big clean room dog ok $10 indoor pool $196 week or $600 month ph # 563 243 8841

dad101

Quad Cities
« Reply #9 on: Jan 30, 2004, 01:01 »
Sundance Lodge big clean room dog ok $10 indoor pool $196 week or $600 month ph # 563 243 8841

Super 8 motel in Leclaire Ia,is 15 minutes from quad cities plant,rooms are very spacious and clean continential breakfast. Rates are $39.00 per night .
 563-289-5888 ask for outage rate.

hoover

Quad Cities
« Reply #10 on: Oct 16, 2004, 10:40 »
where or what is the location of the sleeping rooms for $80/wk

CheeseheadNuke

Quad Cities
« Reply #11 on: Oct 16, 2004, 01:13 »
The place is called Nancy's and is in Albany. It's about 10 minutes north of the plant on Hwy. 84.  It's in the middle of town on the east side of Hwy 84. Really just a boarding house, but the price is right!

gare

Quad Cities
« Reply #12 on: Jan 24, 2005, 11:33 »
Latest rate at The Hampton Inn on Kimberly Rd for Exelon spring outage 2005 is 55/night. That was quoted on 1/24/05. Super 8 in Clinton is 35/night but it's a little noisier.
 Found an excellent web site for lodging info in Quad Cities area; http://www.visitquadcities.com/cvb2001/maps/. Too bad it doesn't include Clinton, IA.
Stayed at Nancy's once. Little too communal for me, lol
Econolodge in Clinton is said to be around 180/week......fills up fast.
Motel 6 in Clinton has a sign that says 39.99/night....I think it used to be the Ramada Inn.
I'm already at the station so if I here of any others I'll post............see ya, Gare

radgal

Quad Cities
« Reply #13 on: Feb 24, 2005, 03:46 »
Plenty of bars in Clinton, IA.  Had fun at the Pigpen on more than 1 occasion.  They even have concerts there.  Saw Inner Circle years ago.  Clinton has a AAA baseball team.  Davenport about 30 min away from Clinton has a gambling boat, The President, on the river. Lots to do in the Quad Cities including big name concerts, saw ZZ Top one outage. There is a AA team in the Quad cities I'm not sure if its Moline or Davenport.

Offline radwitch

• Very Lite User
  • I'm not mean, you're just a sissy!
Quad Cities
« Reply #14 on: Mar 14, 2005, 08:36 »
The Signature Inn in Bettendorf, IA is offering 37.99/night 563-355-7575.  It's about a 30 minute drive to the site.

Offline billhudson

• Light User
  • QC Inspector
Quad Cities
« Reply #15 on: Mar 03, 2006, 07:06 »
Furnished Apartments just south of Quad Cities on 1008 Bridge Avenue in Davenport IA.

Completely furnished, sheets, towels, pots and pans, all utilities plus basic cable. Laundry facilities...Grab a bag of groceries and move in!

$150.00/wk
563-323-1425

Ramada1

Quad Cities
« Reply #16 on: Jan 25, 2007, 11:35 »

UPDATED FOR THE 2009 OUTAGE

2009 OUTAGE  2009 OUTAGE  2009 OUTAGE    2009 OUTAGE   2009 OUTAGE    2009 OUTAGE  2009 OUTAGE

The Ramada in Bettendorf IA is offering a rate of $45.00.

This hotel has undergone a complete remodeling in 2007, including all new room furniture, carpeting, beds and mattresses.

The hotel offers the following amenities:

All of our rooms have free high speed wireless Internet, refrigerator / freezers, microwave, safes, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron, ironing board. We have a free deluxe HOT continental breakfast.

The Ramada has its own fitness room and free access to a full service local fitness center.

Enjoy our brand new indoor family fun pool. Relax in the Quad Cities largest hot tub, splash around in the zero depth area, play basketball in the sports pool or swirl around in the QC's only Vortex pool.

All Ramada guests receive ten percent off of all food purchases at the Old Chicago restaurant adjacent to the hotel.

The Ramada in Bettendorf also features handicap, wheelchair and elevator access, a business center available 24 hours, two-room, VIP King, spa and kids suites.

We are a just a short 30 minute drive to the plant.

Phone number is 563-355-7575

Just mention Excelon/Outage/Nukeworker for the $45.00 rate

3020 Utica Ridge Road Bettendorf, Iowa 52756......

IMPORTANT
ALWAYS CHECK HOTELS.COM FOR HOTEL REVIEWS BEFORE MAKING ANY RESERVATION.

Huge hot tub.

Typical King room.

Breakfast Area.

Indoor family Fun Pool

« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2008, 12:23 by Ramada1 »

mmandell

Quad Cities
« Reply #17 on: Dec 03, 2007, 04:38 »
$42 per night plus tax for All Exelon/Nukeworkers at the Clarion Hotel in Davenport, IA!

Have you been to the Clarion Hotel & Conference Center lately? We have recently remodeled much of our public space along with 144 guest rooms.  What can you expect from the Clarion Hotel in Davenport, IA?
~ Free USA Today & Quad City Times
~ Free In-Room, High Speed Wireless Internet
~ Free Local Phone Calls
~ Free Shuttle Service to anywhere in the Quad Cities
~ Restaurant & Lounge On-Site
~ New Business Center
~ Large Indoor Pool & Hot Tub
~ Fitness Room

We are located at the intersection of HWY 61 & 53rd St in Davenport, IA, just 30 minutes from the plant.  Please call the hotel directly for reservations 563-391-1230 and mention the Exelon/Nukeworkers Rate of $42 per night plus tax.

anna22

Quad City lodging
« Reply #18 on: Feb 08, 2009, 05:26 »
Quad City.   I am going to Quad for the first time.  Does anyone recommend a good hotel that is close to the site?
please email me at annahit22@yahoo.com

unsung

Re: Quad Cities Lodging
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2009, 10:03 »
Well I just got back from Quad for their outage and I must say that I highly recommend avoiding the Lodge/Jumers.  Service was rude and the eggs in the morning were the worst I've had.  We also mentioned to the waitress that there were bugs/gnats flying out of the ingredients used to make the omelets.  They didn't seem very concerned and never changed them out while we were down there.  Stay away, they are living off their old reputation, I'll never go there again.

Qualityinn

2010 Quad City Spring Outage Lodging
« Reply #20 on: Dec 02, 2009, 01:32 »
The Quality Inn and Suites located on the Iowa Side of the Quad Cities is offering one of the best rates for a midscale hotel in the area. These rates are for Outage in spring of 2010 in the Quad Cities. Our hotel is located just north of Davenport on Highway 61N. We are also located 2 miles from Interstate 80. We will not be effected by the bridge closing on I-80 In the Spring. You will still be able to travel all over via interstate when staying at our hotel.

$37.99 +tax Per night for one person in a room
$46.99 +tax Per night for two people in a room.

The Quality Inn and Suites of Eldridge has been housing outage workers for the last 5 years since opening the hotel in 2003. The Quality Inn has 62 well appointed rooms that are rigoursly maintained to keep that new fresh feel. The staff of the Quality Inn and Suites prides theirselves on giving great Hospitality to all of our guest that visit the hotel.

The Quality Inn and Suites offers all of our guest a free continental breakfast, indoor pool and hot tub, fitness center, free high speed wireless and wired internet, and so much more.

These rooms do go fast so make your reservation today.

Reservations 563-285-4600
Sales Contact: Keith Eastman

Quality Inn and Suites

1000 E Iowa Street, Eldridge, IA 52748
http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel/ia084

keithqis

2011 Lodging for The Quad City Outage
« Reply #21 on: Apr 01, 2011, 02:05 »
This years spring outage why not stay with us at the Quality Inn & Suites of Eldridge Iowa. We are 3 miles north of Davenport Iowa on highway 61. We have been housing outage workers at this property for the last 5 years.

Our Guest enjoy a free NEW HOT BREAKFAST, Indoor pool, fitness center, New Business Center, Inroom Coffee Makers, most rooms with fridge and microwaves.( These will be first reserve first serve.)

Check out Trip Advisor.com and read hotel reviews before selecting your hotel this year.

Our 2011 Outage Rates for Extended stays are the following:

Single Occupancy $40.00 Plus Tax
Double Occupancy $46.00 Plus Tax
In order to qualify for these rates you must stay at least 5 nights in a row. If you are staying less then 5 nights in a row add $10.00 to the above rates.

You can book your hotel room by calling 563-285-4600 and mention the Quad City Outage or Exelon.
Email Keith Eastman our General Manager for more information at ketihqis@live.com

keithqis

Re: 2011 Lodging for The Quad City Outage
« Reply #22 on: Apr 01, 2011, 02:07 »
If your looking for a non fringe hotel property with just the basics for your stay during the Quad City Outage, then the Quad City Inn might be just for you.

The Quad City Inn which was formely the Davenport Motel 6 on Brady street is offering the lowest monthly rate for the Quad City Outage.

Reservations can only be made with the General Manager who is at the property later in the afternoon through the evening. Call 563-391-8997 and ask for Alex.

Offline sscone

• Moderate User
« Reply #23 on: Jan 10, 2012, 03:53 »
Anyone looking for a roommate? Or know a good cheap place to stay?

Offline let-it-ride

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #24 on: Jan 21, 2012, 09:37 »
For the upcoming 2012 outage, what are the reccommended places to stay?
Looking at past posts, it seems that it is better to stay in IA. Mostly want a comfortable room w/fridge-micro-internet.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?