Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Zion Lodging  

Author Topic: Zion Lodging  (Read 15557 times)

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
Zion Lodging
« on: Dec 10, 2007, 12:57 »
If anyone has lodging information for this facility, please post it here.

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
Re: Zion Lodging
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2007, 07:59 »
I have heard that decommissioning will start anywhere from 2010-2012.
Rumor was that Energy Solutions had a piece of this, but I can NOT confirm that.

I grew up in this area.
Zion is not a very good place to stay. The economy was ripped apart when the plant shut down.
Across the Wisconsin border, you can stay in Kenosha. Cheap beer and alot of hunting and fishing.
Gurnee has alot to offer. A huge Mills mall. Six Flags amusement park. All the amenities of any major city and more. It is 10 miles from the plant and the winters can be brutal, especially with the wind and snow mixture. Chicago and Milwaukee are equal in distance, about 35-40 minutes from here.
Waukegan is another option, depending on which part you choose. Stay away from downtown area.

ihghotels

« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2009, 11:33 »
If you are looking for a nice area within 20 miles of the Zion Plant to stay short or long term please consider the Candlewood Suites Chicago Northbrook Wheeling.

We are an all suite hotel that provides tremendous value at a great price!  At the Candlewood Suites Wheeling we put the amenities where they really count: in the rooms! That means a big suite with a full kitchen and plenty of space to stretch out! Each suite has a full kitchen complete with microwave, full sized refrigerator and all your utensils and pans to cook with. You can work efficiently at your oversized executive desk using our free high speed Internet as well as two separate phone lines, check email and talk on the phone at the same time. Relax in the overstuffed recliner while you enjoy free movie rentals from the hotel in your VCR and/or DVD, or a CD in your CD player. Work off some stress in our fitness center or visit our Candlewood Cupboard & complimentary laundry facility. In the Candlewood Cupboard you can purchase meals, snacks, and sundry items at value prices. Also, Come and experience our new Comforts of Home™ Bedding Collection, where you can enjoy a good night’s sleep.

Rates for anyone working at the Zion Plant range from as low as 35.00 per night - 69.00 per night based on length of stay.  For more information call me at 847-520-1684 Sarah Madigan.

I also can assist with stays at any IHG hotel in the nation, so please feel free to reach out!
sarah.madigan@ihg.com.

Offline slick1

• Very Lite User
  • Well, well, well.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2010, 03:45 »
Tough choices in that area.  Zion and Waukegan are low income housing.  Head south and you are on Chicago's "Gold Coast", and unless your Rolex is real they won't let you rent there.  Gurnee is nearby, but gridlocked because of all the upper middle class working population and the huge mall.

I have a 3 bedroom townhouse about 14 miles west of Zion in Lake Villa.  Willing to rent long or short term to right person. Fully furnished. 1 or 2 people or a family. Very nice area.  Non smoking.

For Map Quest, it is near corner of Deep Lake Rd and Grass Lake Road, zip 60046.  Take Route 173 to Zion.  Takes about 25 minutes with traffic.

contact me for more info. Thanks.
srl9999    @   aol   .com
---Slick 2/19/10 ---
this space for rent

Jr8black3

« Reply #4 on: Feb 20, 2010, 08:57 »
Slick call me or email ASAP

mlindsay

« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2010, 12:30 »
Try the Homestead Studio Suites in Vernon Hills. We offer fully furnished studio suites at very competitive rates. Daily, weekly and monthly rates available. It is closer to the plant in Zion and in a much better area. Call Beth at 847-971-0970

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
« Reply #6 on: Jun 19, 2011, 08:43 »
Anyone have an update for lodging in/around this area?  Any info would be great.

Thanks!

Offline PWHoppe

• Forum Staff
  • CONFIRMED!: The dumbest man on the planet
« Reply #7 on: Jun 20, 2011, 09:21 »
Lorrie, sent you a PM regarding lodging.
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many days will it take a grasshopper with a rubber foot to kick a hole in a tin can?

Forum rules..http://www.nukeworker.co

Offline RCT2

• Lurker
« Reply #8 on: Aug 29, 2013, 10:09 »
Looking for lodging for Zion area.  Any current suggestions? Report date Sept. 9, 2013.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?