Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu fire brigade and operators honeypot

Author Topic: fire brigade and operators  (Read 25255 times)

AyresRT2020

fire brigade and operators
« on: Dec 18, 2007, 10:50 »
I was wondering what plant's that have operators that allows them not to qualify fie brigade? I just got then lost a ANAO position due to a medicall condition not allowing me to qualify for the fire brigade.

Offline hplynn

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: fire brigade and operators
« Reply #1 on: Dec 18, 2007, 01:41 »
I know that Sequoyah (TVA) and Palo Verde have their own "fire departments" therefore operators don't have to be fire brigade qualified. Other than that, I don't know, but when you read the various job postings from different plants, most will indicate if you need to be fire brigade qualified. That should clue you in.

I have been an operator at Crystal River, ANO and Kewaunee and all three required operators to be on the fire brigade.

Offline TENN-1

• Moderate User
  • Finished the 5 year plan in only 34!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 18, 2007, 01:44 »
AEP's D.C. Cook station does not qualify their Operators for fire brigade, however, they do have to qualify for operating the plant under Appendix R regs and other EP conditions. If your issue is with a respirator then this may not be what you need.
Things come to those who wait, but usually it's stuff left over from those who hustle!

AyresRT2020

« Reply #3 on: Dec 18, 2007, 04:40 »
It's not a respirator problem, I qualified for one at my last job. It is a problem with being on coumadin (anticoagulant i.e. blood thinners) I was disqualified fire brigade per NFPA 1582 standard. Thanks for the help so far.

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 18, 2007, 06:57 »
1.1.4 This standard shall not apply to industrial fire brigades that also can be known as emergency brigades, emergency response teams, fire teams, plant emergency organizations, or mine emergency response teams.

This seems to exclude a plant fire brigade from the standard.  I'll see if I can find out more for you in the next few days.
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?