Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Political Holiday Salutations  

Author Topic: Political Holiday Salutations  (Read 3176 times)

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
Political Holiday Salutations
« on: Dec 16, 2007, 02:47 »
To All My Democrat Friends:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally
conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of
the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious
persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the
religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious
or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and
medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar
year 2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures
whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that
America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western
Hemisphere. Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical
ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wish.

To My Republican Friends:
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

landlubber

Re: Political Holiday Salutations
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2007, 04:07 »
Amen (definition: verily)

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2007, 10:38 »
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to both sides of the aisle and if you can't take it in the spirit that it is offered, then you can blow it out your belly button.   :o
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

Offline Marlin

• Forum Staff
  • Stop Global Whining!!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2007, 06:52 »
hmmm, I have to say it. I'm sorry; blame it on lack of sleep. I got this idea from my wonderful wacky and yes Liberal daughter...

Although I love Christmas and celebrate it in all its glory from the beautiful wooden Nativity Scene to the hundreds of ornaments adorning our 7 foot tree; I feel like telling all those people who are screaming you’re taking Christ out of Christmas by saying Happy Holiday that they stole the holiday in the first place.

Please remember that this “holiday” was celebrated for years before Christ back when my ancestors led a life more in tune with their surroundings…and in the spirit of Christ and the spirit of Christmas should we not wish others Happy Holidays? Are we Christians so afraid of others and the religion of others that we have to attack even the simplest, purest things as wishing someone well?

Happy Holidays has been around for a long time… and I say all the time. It does not make me a non-Christian, a bad one or a Democrat one. It’s just my way of saying I wish you well during this wonderful season.

So Happy Holidays, I wish you peace, love and joy. Good health and a wonderful new year.

Camella I did post in Humor not PolySci.  :-\

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2007, 08:18 »
To All My Democrat Friends:

Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally
conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of
the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious
persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the
religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious
or secular traditions at all. I also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and
medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar
year 2008, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures
whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that
America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western
Hemisphere. Also, this wish is made without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical
ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wish.

Yeah, you keep believing that you aren't on the right side of the aisle.
Keep telling yourself that, Marlin. You might even believe it.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #5 on: Dec 17, 2007, 08:56 »
Camella I did post in Humor not PolySci.  :-\

Marlin, I meant no harm. Sometimes the written word is hard to understand. I don't have a great since of humor and often come off as mean spirited. That was not my intention... to tell the truth and do Becki (my daughter) justice... her idea was to chain herself to a local church doors until they gave us back our holiday...

again, I wish you peace, love and joy and may you have a wonderful holiday season and new year...

Offline Carolina Jethro

• Safety Manager
  • Heavy User
  • Why not us?
« Reply #6 on: Dec 17, 2007, 09:37 »

Yeah...What he said

nukerecruiter

« Reply #7 on: Dec 17, 2007, 08:36 »
Very funny! It is especially funny to those of us that live out here in California- hits very close to home!

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?