Career Path > Different Country

Info on RP/HP work in Canada

(1/6) > >>

Brett LaVigne:
Hello all.  I was wondering if anyone could give me the low down on working in Canada.  Contract companies, wages, anything of note.  Thanks for any help.

Already Gone:
http://www.mypowercareer.com/powerfulopps/powerfulopps_fs.html

The best chance you have to work as a tech in Canada is with OPG.  They frequently hire temporary employees for Rad Protection.  They post those jobs at the above site.
Past associations with contract companies have led OPG to do a "Diablo Canyon" style staff augmentation.
Good Luck.

Already Gone:
It is VERY VERY different from working in the USA.  I had a really good time there, and I'd go back if the situation arose.

stormgoalie:
Bat man,

I am currently an RP Supervisor with OPG that started out as a contract Rad Tech (former DOE tech, but wife is from Ontario so the move up was logical) for them before becoming a house tech and moving up.  The RP programs etc. here are quite a bit different than what you are probably used to in the States.  OPG is a great company, not just spouting corporate babble, that relies fairly heavily on contractors for RP support during outages.  They have their own internal "contractor" pool of OPG temporary techs that is supplemented with techs from the States and Sweden.  Not sure who the contact is anymore for external contractors, will look and see what I can find and will post here.  If you have any other questions that you would like to ask off the message boards drop me an email.

Cheers,
Jim Rodgers
RP Supervisor
Ontarion Power Generation
Nuclear Waste Management Division

stormgoalie:
Got the names of the contract companies and contact persons.  They are easily searched for in google, tried myself to confirm.  Best of luck to all who are interested.

1:  Radsafe Canada Ltd.  contact: Mikael Johansson

2:  Trax Personnel Services in Oshawa Ontario contact: Kenneth Eckman

I was unable to obtain contact email addresses, but I would assume that the companies will have a method for contacting them.

Cheers,
Jim Rodgers
RP Supervisor
Ontario Power Generation
Nuclear Waste Management Division

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version