Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Tammy Brown (ANO)

Author Topic: Tammy Brown (ANO)  (Read 17753 times)

radconii57

Tammy Brown (ANO)
« on: Dec 21, 2007, 08:30 »
Last night my best Tammy Brown H.P. Supervisor from ANO was killed last night.  She was on her way to take her daughter Sara to Gymnastics when a drunk driver hit her.  She hit a tree and her car flipped over.  Her  daugher Sara is in the hospital and doesn't know that her mother died.  I talked to Ashley her oldest daughter and they are doing an autopshie and will know if she drowned in the water when her car flipped into the ditch or if she died on impact.  I will let you know when her funeral is.  She beat breast cancer and was a great friend and good mom.  She was fun to work with.  She is survived by her one son and two daughters and her daughter-n-law.  My heart is with her family. I love her kids very much.  She was always there when you needed her.  She was a house tech at Browns Ferry.  When she was
laid off and became a contracter.  She was hired on at Grand Gulf and transfered to ANO.  She would wish anybody to please make a donation to the breast cancer association..  As she beat breast cancer a few years ago.
Marjie

Offline rumrunner

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
Re: Tammy Brown (ANO)
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2007, 10:22 »
What heartbreaking news this is.  I first met Tammy in the Navy,  and then I recruited her to come to Browns Ferry.  She later became a shift supervisor before the RIF.  I really don't know what to say right now, other than I pray for her kids and family.

Dave Beers
Dave

RADBASTARD

« Reply #2 on: Dec 21, 2007, 02:13 »
I never met the woman in my life,but my heart goes out to her and her family at this time of year.
This is tradgic at anytime but at this time of year makes it worse for the family.
I hate drunk drivers
God bless

Offline St Raphael

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 22, 2007, 05:25 »
Our prayers go out to the Tammy Brown Family.  God Bless....Love Mary and Charlie Brown
"Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, Not because they never found it, But because they didn't stop to enjoy it."  -- William Faulkner (1897-1962)

Offline AS55555

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 23, 2007, 12:24 »
A terrible loss. I was the RPM at Browns Ferry when Tammy was hired. Tammy was one of the few female ELTs. Tammy was very intelligent. I still remember how she breezed through the calculus classes at Browns Ferry with an A. She was not only an excellent HP but a good person who was not afraid of work. Tammy was a key part of the Unit 3 restart team that developed the plan to decon the drywell to allow personnel to work inside the drywell in street clothes saving a lot of man-rem.

Allen Sorrell

Offline St Raphael

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 23, 2007, 02:33 »
RUSSELLVILLE COURIER

Tammy Brown
Tammy Smith Brown, 45, of Russellville died Thursday, Dec. 20, 2007.
A native of Ohio and a former resident of Vicksburg, Miss., Brown was a member of Bowmar Baptist Church in Vicksburg.

She is survived by three children: Thomas Earl Brown and wife, Anna Burnett Brown, of Vicksburg, Miss., and Ashley Michelle Brown and Sarah Marie Brown of Russellville.

Brown, who was employed as a health physicist with Entergy, is also survived by two brothers and two sisters.
Funeral services will be held at 3 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 23, 2007, at Bowmar Baptist Church in Vicksburg, under the direction of Rev. Walter Frazier. Visitation will be held from 2-3 p.m.

Memorials may be made to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.
"Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, Not because they never found it, But because they didn't stop to enjoy it."  -- William Faulkner (1897-1962)

radconii57

« Reply #6 on: Dec 23, 2007, 08:45 »
After Tammy funeral today she will be cremated.  Her son Thomas is burying some of her ashes.  Ashely and Sara her two daughters will be getting some as well.  I will be attending her funeral today.  I will miss her so much.  She was the best friend that anyone could have had.  And a very hard worker.  She loved her kids so much.
Marjie

Offline rumrunner

• Moderate User
« Reply #7 on: Dec 23, 2007, 06:13 »
Marjie,

Let me tell you that those of us at Browns Ferry who knew Tammy are grieving.  This is such a senseless loss.  She was a wonderful human being, and yes, I know that there was no "Mom" better than Tammy.  Her kids were her life. 

Dave Beers
Dave

thughes

« Reply #8 on: Dec 25, 2007, 12:17 »
Hi everyone, my name is Tana (Smith) Hughes.  I am Tammy's sister.  I just want to thank all of you for your wonderful words about my sister.  Thank you for all the prayers.  Yes, Tammy was a great person.  She loved her kids and her family very much.  She was the most caring and loving mother, sister and daughter ever.  I will miss her so very much.  Tammy and I were close.  She bought the house in Ak in hopes that someday I will come down and live with her.  We had great times together, vacations with her were always fun.  Our plans to be together here on earth are over but one day we will be together again and continue on with our plans.  Again THANKS to ALL and please keep here family in your prayers forever.

Tana

Modified by honeycomb
« Last Edit: Dec 25, 2007, 12:26 by honeycomb »

ageoldtech

« Reply #9 on: Jan 02, 2008, 05:55 »
Very sad to hear of her passing. I knew Tammy from GG, she was a wonderful person and will be missed. My condolences to family and friends.
Alan Hambone Campbell

JulieThompson123

« Reply #10 on: Jan 17, 2008, 07:21 »
That's terrible. It just showed that we can go at anytime, which is depressing for me, as I have children and I don't know what would happen to them if something like that happened to me.

Julie
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2008, 07:54 by Camella Black »

remowil55

« Reply #11 on: Jan 17, 2008, 09:07 »
It is indeed a tragic loss. I listen to it unfold on my police scanner. I didn't know it was her at the time,the Police called for a second ambulance i knew it was bad, but when the 2nd ambulance called in to the hospital that patient was signal 2 i knew someone had died. Maybe now this individual who killed her will get what he deserves. Julie, i would hope and pray that everyone who has children under the age of 18 has made some type of plans in case this God forbid, was to happen. Most people don't like to think or talk about this sort of thing, but if you have children i think you should. Make plans, make wills. Remo

Offline rumrunner

• Moderate User
Dave

ambrown06

« Reply #13 on: Oct 25, 2008, 09:21 »
Hi. I'm Tammy's oldest daughter Ashley Brown. I want to thank all of you for everything. If any of ya'll are currently working at ANO, you can stop by in the Dosimetry office. I'm currently working there for the outage with Shelbia.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?