Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu school for the other honeypot

Author Topic: school for the other  (Read 7461 times)

JJohnson1989

school for the other
« on: Jan 05, 2008, 06:13 »
My girl and I are planning to move in together and live on base from the start of my schooling on; and we were wandering what kind of schooling is avaible for her in the area; her life calling is to be a masoose and spiritual healer and we want for her to get her AS in massage therepy. ECPI looks like a nice school and they have a campus in charelston, SC. Does anyone know how close that is to base; or an address for base to look it up with?

Also do any mates out there have wives attending school who can help us out with some info regarding special financial aid or general advice?

Thank you,
     Recuit Johnson

ddklbl

Re: school for the other
« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2008, 12:22 »
By girl, I am assuming your wife.  You will never get permission, or BAH for that matter, to do otherwise.  The ECPI "campus" is just off of Ashley Phosphate Road by the Northwoods plaza.  It is relatively close to base.  Probably a 10 to 45 minute drive depending on time of day (i.e. Ashley Phosphate and I26/Rivers Ave lock up during rush hour).  MAP of said drive

As far as financial aid and general advice: FAFSA, Live within your means, FAFSA, make a budget, FAFSA.

Trident Tech is a decent JuCo just down the road.  They charge ~$105 per credit hour and most schools (Clemson, USC, UNC, NC State, The Citadel, CoC, Charleston Southern...) will take the transfer of credit from them.  They have a few decent intern type programs with businesses in the area.  Nursing and such.  FYI, if the masseuse gig doesn't work out.  I took about 20 hours worth of Calculus and Calc based physics from them, transfered the credits to USC and had no questions asked.  A lot cheaper than going to those schools direct.
« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2008, 12:33 by ddklbl »

JJohnson1989

« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2008, 10:43 »
my very soon to be wife

Trident doesn't seem to have any form of massage therapy program, and sadly enough neither does the campus ECPI near base. She is 100% sure that massage is what she wants to do so that is what we need to find.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2008, 07:54 »
My girl and I are planning to move in together and live on base from the start of my schooling on; and we were wandering what kind of schooling is avaible for her in the area; her life calling is to be a masoose and spiritual healer and we want for her to get her AS in massage therepy. ECPI looks like a nice school and they have a campus in charelston, SC. Does anyone know how close that is to base; or an address for base to look it up with?

Also do any mates out there have wives attending school who can help us out with some info regarding special financial aid or general advice?

Thank you,
     Recuit Johnson

I just want to make a simple seperation for you  - the Navy does not care about your girlfriend/fiance. Make sure you get the legal stuff taken care of ASAP. Also, expect to live in the barracks for up to a month waiting for a good time to move your wife. (Depends on your LPO really).

As well, theres a very REAL chance of you leaving that place somewhat soon. Make sure you are definently up to the challenge before commiting your wife to a school for a few months. Also, you may be forced to go to prototype in NY state. If she is planning on STARTING her degree, I suggest you talk her out of it. If she is FINISHING her degree, then by all means. You will have help available to you (dont take it for granted!) in A school!

as for an Address - 101 NNPTC CIRCLE, GOOSE CREEK, SC 29445 (thats the quarter deck. Its posted on several websites, so I dont think its a problem posting here).

Fermi2

« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2008, 09:24 »
Good advice from our newest nuke.

Mike

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2008, 03:02 »
Good advice from our newest nuke.

Mike

*GASP* BZ agreeing with me... whats the world comin to? :D

Offline goobs22xx

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #6 on: Feb 13, 2008, 09:37 »
I just want to make a simple seperation for you  - the Navy does not care about your girlfriend/fiance. Make sure you get the legal stuff taken care of ASAP. Also, expect to live in the barracks for up to a month waiting for a good time to move your wife. (Depends on your LPO really).

Actually, if they're married before he gets in, he will get a couple of weeks as soon as he arrives. If that's the case he'll be in the barracks for a week at most. Lang and Pierson would've both been in our (A-School) class had they not been married and had to go get their wives. If he gets married during A-School (like I did) then its at his SLPO's mercy.

Everything else was pretty sound advice though. Try to convince her to wait, or to stay at home to finish the degree before she moves with you. My wife waited until I had SPU orders in hand before she enrolled to finish her nursing degree at Trident.

-Cook

Its good to see you finally made it out of New York, too.
« Last Edit: Feb 13, 2008, 09:37 by goobs22xx »

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #7 on: Feb 13, 2008, 05:22 »
Actually, if they're married before he gets in, he will get a couple of weeks as soon as he arrives. If that's the case he'll be in the barracks for a week at most. Lang and Pierson would've both been in our (A-School) class had they not been married and had to go get their wives. If he gets married during A-School (like I did) then its at his SLPO's mercy.

Everything else was pretty sound advice though. Try to convince her to wait, or to stay at home to finish the degree before she moves with you. My wife waited until I had SPU orders in hand before she enrolled to finish her nursing degree at Trident.

-Cook

Its good to see you finally made it out of New York, too.

COOK :D whats up! I was actually using YOU as a reference :)     pssh, why did you take spu? :) Come to the fleet where the real mechanics reside lol

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?