Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu sponsor issues.  

Author Topic: sponsor issues.  (Read 6299 times)

Cycoticpenguin

sponsor issues.
« on: Jan 09, 2008, 02:06 »
Just want to say thanks in advance for help.

I dont have a sponsor. I sent an email to whom was supposed to be my sponsor, and he is not responding to me. I assume since my leave period was over the holidays they may have skipped over my email. However, its getting to crunch time, and Im kind of nervous. Most of my friends have met their sea dads (much less their sponsors.). I found my way around town and to base and what nots, however I dont know where to check in for base, and how to do all that, how to check in on my ship etc. I dont even know how to GET to my ship :(

Advice is much appreciated.

Also, my father (20 year retired airforce) said I should probably raise a stink. He said sponsorship is a BIG deal, and that I got screwed over, and potentially other people as well. What do you guys think I should do? I dont want to have an issue my first day there.

JsonD13

Re: sponsor issues.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2008, 06:59 »
First off, where are you stationed at?

Second, have you tried to google your ship......most aircraft carriers (if you are surface) have a website with contact info for the COC.

If all fails, let me know I'll see what I can do.

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #2 on: Jan 09, 2008, 12:28 »
the only issue I have with contacting my "division" is 1) theres 2 reactors and 2) I dont know what division Im going to be in yet (M div or R div), so I would just be "guessing".

JD - I have sent numerous emails to the command sponsorline, and have received no word. Im attributing this to the holiday stand down they probably had. I sent one more, and am waiting confirmation.  My only concern at this point is I may not be doing something to check that I dont know about.

nimitznuke

« Reply #3 on: Jan 09, 2008, 01:21 »
Cycotic penguin, what is your rate, and which ship are you going to?

ddklbl

« Reply #4 on: Jan 09, 2008, 07:31 »
Tact! Do not let the first thing they hear from you is how AFU they might be.  You need them a lot more than they need you.  I know that isn't what you want to read and it doesn't change how dysfunctional your seadad might be, but get contact with them like said and get started on the right foot.

Offline Gamecock

• Subject Matter Expert
  • "Perfection is the enemy of good enough."
« Reply #5 on: Jan 09, 2008, 09:20 »
My last nuke operational tour was doing the RCOH on IKE. 

Advice.....

DO NOT CREATE A STINK!!!  You don't want a reputation before you ever report onboard.

Contact the ship's quaterdeck...(757) 444-####...
ask for the phone number for Reactor Training Division which is where you'll be assigned until you qualify BNEQ.....
then ask to talk to the LPO or LCPO.  You should then be able to get all your issues resolved from there.

Modified for security concerns.  HC
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2008, 09:27 by honeycomb »
“If the thought police come... we will meet them at the door, respectfully, unflinchingly, willing to die... holding a copy of the sacred Scriptures in one hand and the US Constitution in the other."

ddklbl

« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2008, 09:56 »
I shouldn't have suggested the 'Very Small Stink' comment.  They're right.

Oh, you can raise a stink with tact.  But that's more about manipulating people and misdirection.  ;)
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2008, 10:33 by dd »

Cycoticpenguin

« Reply #7 on: Jan 10, 2008, 05:23 »
I was not intending to make anything of this. Im attributing the "lack of support" to the recent holiday season. My father was an e9 in the air force so he knows what he's speaking of... for the air force. He wasnt stuck on a ship with 6000 people for 6 months at a time. :) Im not trying to get a bad rep before I even step foot on the ship.

I will call the quarter deck as gamecock mentioned. thanks for the help :D

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?