Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Bartlett vs Clinton Hopefuls honeypot

Author Topic: Bartlett vs Clinton Hopefuls  (Read 31663 times)

Tech A

Bartlett vs Clinton Hopefuls
« on: Nov 09, 2007, 02:53 »
Is the rumor true that if you want to go to Clinton you have to work the old exelon plants also?  Sounds great for the ex numanco techs who get another plant added on their "core group," but it doesnt sound right for the Bartlett returnees who don't want to stay in Illinois for the winter.  Isn't Clinton the highest paid outage plant that Bartlett has?

Offline DJ@Retired

• Moderate User
  • Just Win Baby! Well Maybe Next Year!
Re: Bartlett vs Clinton Hopefuls
« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2007, 09:02 »
Everyone, I do believe this rumor to be true. Bartlett has to do this to get the North plants staffed. So they sort of black mail you into working there hard to staff plants. The RP tech's at Clinton do not agree with this policy but understand why it’s being done. Funny if they would treat you guys better they wouldn’t have to hold hostage to work thier. But I can't Blame Bartlett. It’s Business 101.  We are losing some good techs because of it. Please Email me for further info or help with this problem. No promises but as always, I'll try and help.
« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2007, 09:19 by DJ@Clinton »
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A great friend will be sitting next to you saying "Dam, that was Fun"

Joe Ferguson

« Reply #2 on: Nov 09, 2007, 10:38 »
Nobody is being held hostage.  It's an economic strategy that benefits Bartlett, the technicians, and Exelon.  There is and should be an incentive for the tech's to work the circuit.  If you have noticed, Exelon plans their refueling outages strategically close to one another.  The reason they do that is to be able to take advantage of craft resources (including HP's) and to take the units off-line during non-peak periods (spring and fall).  If we are losing "good tech's" because they don't want to work the string, that a decision they make.  The sun is still gonna come up and somebody else will make their $money$.  It ain't personal - it's business and it ain't for everyone.

Offline DJ@Retired

• Moderate User
« Reply #3 on: Nov 09, 2007, 11:01 »
Hostage might not been the best word. But I would want to work where I chose. Not where a company wants me to go. Funny we don't have problem's getting tech's to come to our plant until they started forcing them to go north.
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A great friend will be sitting next to you saying "Dam, that was Fun"

illegalsmile

« Reply #4 on: Nov 10, 2007, 07:09 »
Hostage might not been the best word. But I would want to work where I chose. Not where a company wants me to go. Funny we don't have problem's getting tech's to come to our plant until they started forcing them to go north.
if you have the right to work where you chose, doesn't Bartlett have the right to hire the people they chose? a lot of us have made statements that The Company only cares about how much money we can make them. But how many of us would take a job for Bartlett if another company was paying $3/hr more an hour up the road. This Exelon Package Deal just sounds like good business planning to me.
« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2007, 07:12 by illegalsmile »

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
  • Did I say that out loud?
« Reply #5 on: Nov 10, 2007, 01:06 »

Yeah, it would be nice to get what we want and only have to give what we want to give for it.  Sorry that some of your favorites are going to pass you by because they don't want to work at the "North" plants, but the company is running a business - not a cruise ship line.  If you want to go where you want to go, then you have to buy a ticket.  In this case, the "fare" for riding the Clinton Gravy Train is to work at the other Exelon sites - which will pay you a ton of money and you can work Byron, Braidwood, Dresden, and LaSalle without changing hotels. 

I guess my real point is that you have to do what the guy who signs the paycheck tells you to do, or go work for someone else (and do what they want).  It is, always has been, and always will be, true that the person who pays the money is the one who gets the choice.
But, since slavery is illegal, nobody can force you to do anything - even by paying for it.  You can always walk away.
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

Offline retired nuke

• Family Man
  • Very Heavy User
  • No longer a nuke
« Reply #6 on: Nov 10, 2007, 03:19 »
Gee, I always assumed that being an employee, the company held some rights as to where I went....'course I always had the right to not go where they wanted, and work for someone else.  ::)

There are advantages for the company (training, security, inprocessing, etc) to having craft sollow their outage schedule. There are advantages for the craft (continuous steady work, short travel, firm schedule, getting to work with the same folks all season).  :D

If you don't like the deal, you don't hafta take it. ;)

In my past life as a roadie, sometimes I did, sometimes I didn't. Better life as a house tech now anyway... :)
Remember who you love. Remember what is sacred. Remember what is true.
Remember that you will die, and that this day is a gift. Remember how you wish to live, may the blessing of the Lord be with you

Offline DJ@Retired

• Moderate User
« Reply #7 on: Nov 10, 2007, 05:02 »
Everyone all I'm saying is that I wouldn't take a deal with strings attached. So I would pass on Clinton. Speaking for myself. You have the final decision. If Bartlett does not get enough resumes to a certain plant then that plant would have to go to a back up contractor who maybe does not have those same strings attached. There is power in the word NO.
« Last Edit: Nov 10, 2007, 05:03 by DJ@Clinton »

Tech A

« Reply #8 on: Nov 10, 2007, 08:59 »
Who gets first dibs on the exelon outages?  If a Clinton returnee confirms to all the exelon outages do the old exelon techs (numanco) have to look elsewhere?  Or does Big Blue give the old exleon plants Clinton and tell the faithful returnees of Bartlett to take another month off?   

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #9 on: Nov 11, 2007, 06:57 »
Tech A, 

Over 40% of the US nuclear facilities are scheduled for a shut down this Spring.  DOE and D&D are currently ramping up at several locations (probably 100 positions before 01/01/08), Diablo & Salem's SGR's are estimated to take another 240 Techs out of circulation for a couple of months.  That leaves about 350+ ANSI Qualified Technicians for the other 40 outages!  As far as the Exelon package, your choice, "Deal", or "No Deal"!  Obviously some of the Exelon facilities have people problems, (they don't like people)!  I've always heard good things about Clinton, but if they're the cherry pie in your dung dinner, then it's time to move on!  Like Beercourt said, you can take home a good chunk of change with the Exelon Bonuses and we all know why they pay those bonuses!

Have a Great Day, RG!

Tech A

« Reply #10 on: Nov 11, 2007, 06:23 »
Your missing the point RG, the question is  who does Bartlett take care of the faithful returnees or the "numanco" techs. Clinton has always been a good place to go because it always starts at the beginning of the year (Jan 8th).  While the others start in Feb. and March (Salem).  So now If I was an old returnee I would be a little heated that I could be losing the first outage of the year and  the highest paid outage Bartlett has to offer. If companies have their way all the outages will be on a circuit and it will be like the "Core group" of Duke.  And we all know how well those techs are paid.  By the way SGR's are no longer guaranteed two months of work.  Techs have been getting laid off after one month of work at SGR's.  40% of the outages dont start in Jan.
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2007, 05:19 by Tech A »

Joe Ferguson

« Reply #11 on: Nov 14, 2007, 01:25 »
You guys are getting all rapped around the axel here.  Just let go of the 'Numanco' and the 'Bartlett faithful' stuff.  With all that work going on this spring, the upper hand goes to the tech's - not the comany(s). 
It gets even easier yet - if you want to work and make the money, then 'GO'.  If not, call your buddy at Clinton, or Byron, or Braidwood, or LaSalle, or even DresneyLand and ask them if they can float you $50.00 until your unemployment check gets in.

Get a kleenex and get back to work.

ro

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #12 on: Nov 14, 2007, 02:39 »
Sounds like you guys need a union.......roflmao
Just kidding. Just kidding.

Beer Court could not be more correct.

I'm a former self-proclaimed King of the Exelon circuit, remembering old-school companies like DNI, PSESI, Numanco, and eventually Bartlett.
I did not have a week off from 1987 until late 89, when I first started in the Commonwealth Edison ratholes. That would be as a Control Point and a Junior HP. Life was good back then. You would be body counting (laying down back then) and they would ask you to go to another Illinois plant. No joke. Oh, how times change.

It still can be good in Illinois. If the timing is right, your job performance is right, and you are enough of a glutton to want to work all the union houses. Not to mention, you shouldn't piss off Denise (Hi, Denise..).

I know you probably want to go certain places at certain times, but if you just suck it up and go get your money someplace where you don't want to go, it will all come back around. Kinda like karma.

TECH A: I have never worked east of the Ohio / Pennsylvania border in 21 years in this business. Guess what? I was given an opportunity near Philadelphia, doing safety and not Rad Pro. I took it and I had never been here for work or pleasure. It all worked out just fine and now I am headed back to the house to eat some turkey in a few days. I went with a brand new company, at a brand new site in a brand new field and I feel great about it. Don't tie yourself down to a rock that doesn't move. Branch out my friend and diversify.

Tech A

« Reply #13 on: Nov 14, 2007, 05:20 »
Thanks Mr. Warren for your input, and I agree with diversification, but why did it take you 21 years to finally diversify?  My question is whats Bartlett going to do if they are truely going to "Package Clinton"?  Returnees of Clinton or the "old numanco" to fill the rest of the exelon outages.  And if they give it to the "old numanco" chain how will the returnees feel?  Again Mr. Warren thanks for your input, but for me branching out happen a long time ago.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #14 on: Nov 14, 2007, 10:16 »
Thanks Mr. Warren for your input, and I agree with diversification, but why did it take you 21 years to finally diversify?  My question is whats Bartlett going to do if they are truely going to "Package Clinton"?  Returnees of Clinton or the "old numanco" to fill the rest of the exelon outages.  And if they give it to the "old numanco" chain how will the returnees feel?  Again Mr. Warren thanks for your input, but for me branching out happen a long time ago.

First, the "old numanco" or "returnees" you keep referring to are groups of people.  Bartlett doesn't hire groups of people - they hire individual technicians (sometimes in pairs, but that is another mistake to be addressed in another time and place) to fill open positions.  My guess is that they are going to staff all these outages with the first techs to say yes.  Naturally, they'll call people in a certain order.  They will probably start with the techs who have worked at Illinois Exelon/AmerGen in the past and won't have to go beyond that to find enough takers.

If you haven't noticed, Bartlett has had the other Exelon plants for quite some time now.  They have staffed them without having to stamp the word "numanco" on anyone's forehead.  The only segregation among Bartlett employees seems to be happening in your mind.  If you are counting on Bartlett to discriminate against its own employees because they used to work for the other guy several years ago, you are going to get disappointed.  There isn't room in this business for employers to carry grudges or prejudice against their own techs because they used to work for a company that they bought.  The two factions that you have created here for the sake of this dicussion - "old numanco" vs. "returnees" do not exist.  There are Bartlett techs and Bartlett techs.  The company is going to give these jobs to the Bartlett techs.  There will certainly be techs from both groups on the list.
In case you haven't figured this out already ( I bet you have.) Bartlett pretty much has to follow a set of rules which doesn't include appeasing or offending any particular groups:
Rule 1:  Staff the job
Rule 2:  Use the most qualified people
Rule 3:  Take care of your people first
Rule 4:  Hire whoever you can get to fill the remaining slots - treat them like part of the team
Rule 5:  The customer's needs come first  - following rules 1-4 will take care of rule 5
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2007, 10:24 by BeerCourt »
"To be content with little is hard; to be content with much, impossible." - Marie von Ebner-Eschenbach

illegalsmile

« Reply #15 on: Nov 14, 2007, 11:03 »
Damn, doncha hate it when people start injecting reason and reality into these threads?!?!?
As usual, well put, Mr. BC

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #16 on: Nov 14, 2007, 11:58 »
Damn, doncha hate it when people start injecting reason and reality into these threads?!?!?
As usual, well put, Mr. BC

No wonder that Nukeworkers National Treasure is the second to 1000 Karma is there?  Excellent application of common sense as always Troy.
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #17 on: Nov 14, 2007, 01:35 »
No wonder that Nukeworkers National Treasure is the second to 1000 Karma is there?  Excellent application of common sense as always Troy.

He's goona pass me soon (karma).  Grumbel, grumble...

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #18 on: Nov 14, 2007, 06:06 »
Mike and I will testify that Exelon/Amergen pay in real money.  We both got to cash our checks from TMI even though we weren't working for Bartlett or Numanco or DZ Atlantic.
There is plenty of work out there for all of us.

Warren, I assume you were on your lunch break when you posted that last one  ;) 

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #19 on: Nov 14, 2007, 06:35 »
Warren, I assume you were on your lunch break when you posted that last one 

Now That's Funny!   :) 

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
« Reply #20 on: Nov 14, 2007, 06:37 »
I can't stay out of it anymore.  I've been staffing the Clinton Station for 18 years now.  The Illinois Exelon circuit since we got called in to back up Brand-X and then picked up the whole system.  One of the first things that happened much to the chagrin of many of the returnees from all the plants was I set them all up as a run, blame me personally for that if you must but what is done is done and I don’t see it changing any time soon as it benefits not only our client, but Bartlett and the techs that choose to work it. 

The days of staffing plants as individual entities are over.  The days of fleet wide staffing and system staffing are here.  We, Bartlett, did not create the change but we have adapted to it as have the majority of techs.  If we tried to staff plants as individual we would fail.  End of issue.   

As far as you breaking down techs into 2 groups "Clinton returnees" and "Old numanco" - that’s the most ridiculous statement I've heard in a long time and I've heard some ridiculous things in this business.   We can break it down even further if you want - how about "Been with Big Blue for 20+ years" as compared to "Only worked the past 3 outages at Clinton (6yrs)" as compared to came to Bartlett when we picked up all of Illinois (7yrs) - who would have first dibs then? - You trying to alienate allot of good techs that work the old Comed now MW Exelon circuit is just plain foolish.  Those that I would consider "Old Numanco" are Atlantic loyalists now, and that’s fine - I'll get 'em working for us someday, if not that’s my problem.  The hard working techs that put up with the ungodly hours and fast paced outages in Illinois deserve to get a chance to work at their regions highest paying plant if they want too - not all want to.  Most of the Illinois crew now is actually old school Bartlett Techs anyways and those that weren’t before, I would gladly call old school Bartlett techs now.  I've dealt with these folk for over 7 years and have found them to be one of the hardest working, most decent bunch of folk and it personally offends me that you would actually try and pigeon hole them as people less deserving than anyone else that has worked for and supported this company and the various sites we staff.  Dave Warren is right, you can make good money out there - change your attitude first though or you'll be on the first layoff.

I apologize for the grammar and spell'n as I don’t type quite clearly when I'm extremely irate.

Take it slow,

Eric

« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2007, 09:34 by Eric_Bartlett »
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #21 on: Nov 14, 2007, 06:50 »
Mike and I will testify that Exelon/Amergen pay in real money.  We both got to cash our checks from TMI even though we weren't working for Bartlett or Numanco or DZ Atlantic.
There is plenty of work out there for all of us.

Warren, I assume you were on your lunch break when you posted that last one  ;) 

Actually, I was just letting the sweat dry, in between Confined Space Entries......:)

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #22 on: Nov 14, 2007, 07:48 »
EB,

Take a Chill Pill, your gonna Bust a Vein! 

I'd like to disagree with you, but in this case I can't!  The Fleets, (that word always cracks me up, Brand name for enima's), want the biggest bang for their buck!  From a business perspective, I'd want Techs who resided in the system and traveled through out the system.  That's called returnees, cheaper to train and familiarize with the facilities!  Tech A obviously wants to buy a piece of the pie!  Nice if it can happen, but if it can't, it's simply time to move on to bigger and better things!  I've taken myself out of the game a couple of times, because I wouldn't buy the package deal, that's called CHOICE!  I also know others that have done the same thing.  There may be a line of takers for the Excelon circuit, then again maybe not, time will tell! 

I must be one of the Bastard techs for Big Blue, only worked for them collectively about 3 years out of 28!  I'm waiting to hear about the prefferences for the old IRM, Cleanco, Hydro-Nuclear, CE, RAD, DNI, American Nuclear, NSSI, Power System, PSESI, SEG, Siemens, SEC, Enercon, Kelly and Acts Technicans!  Then I'll be all over you EB!  Funny, I only worked for Numanco a total of 6 months in 28 years!  Does that qualify me? 

Dave, DNI was bought out in 1985 by KLM!  Just a little Nuclear History.

Take it slow Dude, RG!   ;D 

Tech A

« Reply #23 on: Nov 14, 2007, 08:47 »
So techs that have been with Bartlett with at least 15 years or more and that have been to Clinton (and the plant wants them) should be the first to get  the slots to Clinton?  Sounds easy to me.  Have techs been confirmed to Clinton yet?    Is the same Cordinator going to be there or has he/she been affected also?
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2008, 03:32 by Rennhack »

Offline felchie

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #24 on: Nov 15, 2007, 06:22 »
Just to try to get back on subject.....A lot of tech's who have been loyal to Bartlett over the last 10+ years had some concerns when
Numanco was acquired by Bartlett, they were concerned that some key positions in the company would be given to Numanco faithful (who for years bad-mouthed Bartlett, and were their biggest competitors).  This has now come true, look at some of the utility/regional managers and their background.  Now personally I get
along great with them and have no issues, but, the scuttlebutt from
the breakrooms is different.  Look at SC/Supv/Alara positions being
filled and you see a trend....Look at the current Clinton situation and the trend continues, Denise is taking care of her people, which I understand, but, there needs to be some flexibility to also take care
of those who have toed the blue line.....

Offline felchie

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #25 on: Nov 15, 2007, 06:28 »
One more thing, there may be other situations as to why Clinton
returnees cant work all of the other Exelon sites, i.e. commitments
to their home plants, SGR (Salem) prior commitments, etc..
These are commitments Bartlett is holding them to...

Offline dosetek

• Light User
« Reply #26 on: Nov 15, 2007, 09:07 »
Just to try to get back on subject.....A lot of tech's who have been loyal to Bartlett over the last 10+ years had some concerns when
Numanco was acquired by Bartlett, they were concerned that some key positions in the company would be given to Numanco faithful (who for years bad-mouthed Bartlett, and were their biggest competitors).  This has now come true, look at some of the utility/regional managers and their background.  Now personally I get
along great with them and have no issues, but, the scuttlebutt from
the breakrooms is different.  Look at SC/Supv/Alara positions being
filled and you see a trend....Look at the current Clinton situation and the trend continues, Denise is taking care of her people, which I understand, but, there needs to be some flexibility to also take care
of those who have toed the blue line.....

Wow I was wondering if that was being noticed by anyone. LOL  If you want to see how true that is look at St. Lucie.  The ex Numanco/Ocala connection.

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
« Reply #27 on: Nov 15, 2007, 09:50 »
One more thing, there may be other situations as to why Clinton
returnees cant work all of the other Exelon sites, i.e. commitments
to their home plants, SGR (Salem) prior commitments, etc..
These are commitments Bartlett is holding them to...

You've lost me now - "these are commitments Bartlett is holding them to..." - We just started hiring, we're still wait'n on 50% or so of our sites to even talk to us - what commitments are Bartlett holding techs to if they havent already confirmed for a job or string of jobs - we've been upfront about how Clinton falls into the scheme of things and how the Exelon sites are staffed, as I have been since we picked up all of the Illinois sites, that this site would be a feeder into the rest - this has been going on for 2-3 outages(6-7 years now) - this is nothing new.   

Is the same Cordinator going to be there or has he/she been affected also?

After allot of round'n round talking the individual (someobne who Ii personnally consider a close and dear friend) was offered the slot - he wasnt sure if he was going to take it - I havent heard how its played out - I'll look into it.

Eric
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Offline Already Gone

• Curmudgeon At Large
  • Very Heavy User
« Reply #28 on: Nov 15, 2007, 10:18 »
I
Beercourt, how about that west coast pay, $37+/150+, for ANSI techs!  Rare, but real!

If you look at the turn that this thread had taken, you'll notice that Bartlett is packaging their jobs so that your season is set in advance.  Diablo Canyon will not be a part of the plan, so working one outage there could effectively lock you out of everything else for the season.
This isn't so bad.  You can make as much money for one outage at DC as you can make for the whole Illinois circuit.  Given a choice, I'd be heading west.  But, Diablo Canyon only hires a limited number of people who are hand-picked.
They have been doing this for years, so their effect on pay rates outside their fence has already been realized.  It is not as huge an effect as one might expect.  Here's one perspective that you can consider.
DC takes 50 techs out of circulation, rather than raising pay to try to lure them back (which would be impossible) a site might consider that they can get whoever is left for LESS money - considering that they are paying for the HP's who weren't good enough to make the top 50.
It's kind of like taking all the peanuts out of the box of Cracker Jack.  As a mixture, the stuff is worth $.25 a box (?).  Without the nuts, I'm not going to give you more than a dime; certainly not going to pay $.50.
So, you see; the Diablo Canyon effect on technician pricing could actually be a negative.  In reality, I don't think so.  I think that the difference only matters to those techs who are picked for DC, and not to anyone else.
This supply and demand thing is really the sixth-grade version of economics.  In the real world, there are so many other forces affecting the market prices that it is just too hard to move them with one action.  The step changes in pay and per diem have only barely kept up with the rate of inflation - perhaps lagging it.  There will be pay increases in the future, but not because of Diablo or  because of outage schedules, or because of an aging and dwindling pool of techs, They will be the result of the net effect of all these things and others, but never enough to make us stop arguing over them here.
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2007, 10:21 by BeerCourt »

Offline felchie

• Light User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #29 on: Nov 15, 2007, 05:26 »
Eric,  they may not have actually committed to you yet as you say the staffing is just beginning, however, when you work the same plants or your home plant a lot, you make verbal agreements (I know they are not binding) to the people there that you will be back and
will take care of them.

One thing in the past sticks out at Clinton just from last outage
was the fact that there were Diablo regulars there?  How do they fit
in?  I have never seen them at any other Exelon site?

Also, I am just kind of being a mouthpiece right now for some tech's
who don't want to be named .....So dont kill the messenger, just trying to keep a healty dialogue going..

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #30 on: Nov 15, 2007, 05:37 »
I'm confused this practice has been going on for years hasn't it? I wouldn't put the blame on Bartlett or anyone. The company knows who they want and an experienced site coord (if he has any say) does too. With so few techs left in the busy and it being a small world, word of mouth and kudos/smites travel faster than a speeding bullet.

Companies want someone they are familar with, on good terms with and someone they know will do the job. If you had your choice would you go to the new doctor in town or the doctor you've known and seen for the past 5, 10, or 20 years?

I like knowing that my husband has a job lined up 6 months from now, this is the way it used to work, most of us traveled from site to site within a certain area (ours was the east coast except for a couple years at ANO).

Atomic_Punk

« Reply #31 on: Nov 16, 2007, 03:20 »
Numanco was acquired by Bartlett, they were concerned that some key positions in the company would be given to Numanco faithful (who for years bad-mouthed Bartlett, and were their biggest competitors).  This has now come true, look at some of the utility/regional managers and their background. 

Could you Re-Pete that?:^)

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
« Reply #32 on: Nov 16, 2007, 02:04 »
Eric,  they may not have actually committed to you yet as you say the staffing is just beginning, however, when you work the same plants or your home plant a lot, you make verbal agreements (I know they are not binding) to the people there that you will be back and
will take care of them.

One thing in the past sticks out at Clinton just from last outage
was the fact that there were Diablo regulars there?  How do they fit
in?  I have never seen them at any other Exelon site?

Also, I am just kind of being a mouthpiece right now for some tech's
who don't want to be named .....So dont kill the messenger, just trying to keep a healty dialogue going..

Flechie - (that name kills me) understand, your a mouthpiece (that and your name really kill me) and i appreciate it - i'd rather have the questions asked so i can try to answer them instead of it festering in someones mind.  I have my roster from last outage in front of me and it denotes who went to Diablo & who came from Diablo - about a 7 or 8 of them. The Diablo regulars as you call them are actually Clinton regulars, go figure and if i drill back on thier resumes most happen to be long term (talk'n >10yrs) Bartlett Techs.  Anyways last outage individuals, much to my chagrin, were able to finagle their way in...all the more power to them.  We had more slots last go around then we do now (almost twice as many) and we didnt have as many folk wanting to do the Exelon run as we do this time.  As far as commitments go, i now fully understand what your talking about, but with a 2 year cycle I'm sure people will understand if someone can't (for whatever reason) fullfill a promise to return made 2 years ago.  Anyways healthy dialogue is always a good thing.

Take it slow
Eric

Joe Ferguson

« Reply #33 on: Nov 16, 2007, 04:24 »
You guys have alot of time on your hands!  I started to lose my grip at about the 'Cracker Jacks' and '6th grade economics' portion of this thread.  I believe you may be making too much of this and trying to over-analyze it.

It's really about this simple: 

1.)  Diablo gets who they want (no industry secret here).  Once you break the west coast barrier, you can go back until you screw 'up' or screw 'them'.
2.)  The Diablo Factor IS attractive to PM's and SVP's.  However, it won't work in the Exelon system.  Their NOT that creative and they are founded on standardization.  They are not going to cut big deals and try to out bid each other for tech's.  They believe by lining up their outages in a row - that's payment enough.   
3.)  Clinton is taking 1/2 the # of tech's as last time.  Not quite as much work to do and hoping to make up the difference with 'Shared Resources'.  SR's are about the same cost (probably cheaper) and they know all the standard procedures (key word - See #2).  [e.g. Would I bring a Sr. RPT with Bartlett who I don't know and who has never been at my plant before, or do I bring in a house tech from Peach Bottom or TMI with no gamble as to whether he/she has the right standards?].  "You send me 4, and I'll send you 4"

rotag

RADBASTARD

« Reply #34 on: Nov 16, 2007, 04:37 »
I  have a question,is there any truth to the rumor,if you don't do the other excelon plants then you arn't going to CLINTON????
That is the word on the street.
What is the true answer?

Offline hamsamich

• Very Heavy User
  • And did I hear a 9er in there?
« Reply #35 on: Nov 16, 2007, 04:52 »
read the rst of the posts radbastard!!!  no wonder they call you radbastard.

RADBASTARD

« Reply #36 on: Nov 16, 2007, 05:19 »
Hey, ham i didn't have time to go back and read some of those war and peace novels written,but they still never gave out a straight yes or no?
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2007, 05:19 by RadBastard »

nugent_oh

« Reply #37 on: Nov 16, 2007, 07:44 »
as far as clinton goes they are exelon but are also amergen. really not part of the ill. circut this came from a house tech i know. if ya wana know about having to work the other exelon plants call eric and ask. i bet he'll tell ya but ya won't know if ya don't ask.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?