Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Talk about Bartlett

Author Topic: Talk about Bartlett  (Read 368617 times)

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Re: Bartlett
« Reply #50 on: Oct 20, 2004, 06:38 »
To date it is the oldest Technician staffing company in existance! 

not to be a smartaze, but the oldest technician staffing company (that i am aware of) is applied health physics.  they've been in da biz fer so long they own the copyright on term "rent-a-tech".
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #51 on: Oct 20, 2004, 07:21 »
What I'd like to know is where I can get some Numanco pens and such, they might sell good on ebay if this goes through. :)

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #52 on: Oct 20, 2004, 07:25 »
Some of the Numanco office folks have started to work for Atlantic Group.  I expect to see them make a run for it.

And who knows, perhaps if the money comes up, Duratek will get back in.  Right now, there isn't any profit in power plant HPs, that is why no one wants to bid against Bruce.  He's the only one with economy of scale working for him; AND DOE work to back up the dry months.

Any company that would be interested in bidding against Bartlett would have to go at them in both DOE and Power plants.  I doubt anyone will do that, but that is the only way to take Bartlett on.

When I look into my crystal ball, I see Bartlett getting HUGE, really REALLY huge in the next 10 years.  I see them Becoming a "real" professional services company, staffing all disciplines, not just Engineers and janitors, and HPs, and craft.  I see the net worth of the company moving by a "significant digit" (x10) in the next 10 years.  -- For the non-business types, that is HUGE.

Now that they have dominated the HP world, they will move their focus on taking on Atlantic Group, and the Various QA/QC companies.  They will take on Aerotek and Kelly Services.  (They are already doing all of this, but they will start to dominate in a short time ~3 years).

At the same time, they will consider Project management, and begin bidding on Primary contracts at DOE sites, FUSRAP sites, small NRC licenses...  Then they will increase their presence in Europe.

In 20 years, when they have saturated the nuclear market to the point that further growth isn’t possible, they will branch off into more non-nuke work, because at that time, they will have offices in 20 states that are accountable for turning an increase in revenue every quarter.

My vision grows dark…..

Offline HenryBlack

• Moderate User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #53 on: Oct 20, 2004, 08:13 »
When there is only one company left it probably won't change the way that HP's as a whole are treated. Bartlett has kept me working, when I wanted to be working. I don't think any of this will change. What I hope will change is that pay will go up and per-diem will be raised to the maximum that is allowed by law. I already work DOE and Commercial Power so my work life as whole probably will stay the same.  

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #54 on: Oct 20, 2004, 08:28 »
Don't expect to see perdiem go up, there is no markup on per diem.  The hourly wage is marked up on a percentage, so expect that to inch up gradually.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #55 on: Oct 20, 2004, 08:29 »
Hey, I seen that move, " The Day After Tomorrow"?

RIGHT??????   :-\

You got it.

Surveyors_mato

« Reply #56 on: Oct 20, 2004, 09:05 »
I anit ascerd of no big tecky company...............I want my Mommy :'(

duke99301

« Reply #57 on: Oct 20, 2004, 09:07 »
You know it is amazing how Eric nows who I am and I never told him my name.
I do know this much when he(bruce) was telling my wife I never work on nukes agin the next Plant I was at 2 days later I was getting a hard time with my clearance.
 it seems that after two weeks and no badge, ( in Fact I had to leave the site for about ten days no check) I went in to see the head of Security.(non Bartlett site at the time) and he was not getting any responses back from the site I was just at and was badged at. he asked why he should not give me a badge. I told him my story how Bartlett took over money out of my 1st check (I got $75 that day ) told me I owed him money from years before. and I had left site and told them to pay me what was owed me. for hours at site time worked. and diem. or I would go somewhere elese. no check no tech. I left.
the Manger took my report called the site called other sites I had been at. looked at me and told me I can find no reason not to give you your badge,
he said it looked like someone was trying to block me.
 As all of you know  if you get denied acess it can cost you big time.
Will I got my badge that day and since then and SGT williams power and others GE, westinghouse, Wow I never had a problem, I know one thing when I called home and my wife told me what had just happend I knew who would forever be on my list. oh by the way they did end up paying me. all the money I was due. But it did take a while and in court.
for those of you who have nothing good to say god bless you but I have seen the ugly side, and  its not worth it to me .
gl  all.
it was a good thing in a way it did give the push to get out HP pay and move on.
« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2004, 09:08 by duke99301 »

Surveyors_mato

« Reply #58 on: Oct 20, 2004, 09:07 »
What I'd like to know is where I can get some Numanco pens and such, they might sell good on ebay if this goes through. :)

Yeah cool and how about some jackets, and hats. Money at BFN is so tight now, we don't even get any beads and trinkets. Numanco can't use the stuff any more.

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
« Reply #59 on: Oct 21, 2004, 10:53 »
You know it is amazing how Eric nows who I am and I never told him my name.
I do know this much when he(bruce) was telling my wife I never work on nukes agin the next Plant I was at 2 days later I was getting a hard time with my clearance.
 it seems that after two weeks and no badge, ( in Fact I had to leave the site for about ten days no check) I went in to see the head of Security.(non Bartlett site at the time) and he was not getting any responses back from the site I was just at and was badged at. he asked why he should not give me a badge. I told him my story how Bartlett took over money out of my 1st check (I got $75 that day ) told me I owed him money from years before. and I had left site and told them to pay me what was owed me. for hours at site time worked. and diem. or I would go somewhere elese. no check no tech. I left.
the Manger took my report called the site called other sites I had been at. looked at me and told me I can find no reason not to give you your badge,
he said it looked like someone was trying to block me.
 As all of you know  if you get denied acess it can cost you big time.
Will I got my badge that day and since then and SGT williams power and others GE, westinghouse, Wow I never had a problem, I know one thing when I called home and my wife told me what had just happend I knew who would forever be on my list. oh by the way they did end up paying me. all the money I was due. But it did take a while and in court.
for those of you who have nothing good to say god bless you but I have seen the ugly side, and  its not worth it to me .
gl  all.
it was a good thing in a way it did give the push to get out HP pay and move on.

:'( - Enuff said...

Eric
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Offline Walt Harris

• Retired - Health Physics / Industrial Hygiene
  • Moderate User
  • I intend to live forever! So far so good!
« Reply #60 on: Oct 21, 2004, 02:15 »

:'( - Enuff said...

Eric

I agree Eric .....
Dyslexics of the world, UNTIE!

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #61 on: Oct 21, 2004, 03:11 »
I knew there would be some interesting opinions on this poll, and that is why I put it out there. Interestingly enough, the answer with the highest percentage was that people are OK with where they are right now, and feel no clear and present danger. I think the post that "duke99301" gave us was an isolated incident, and we don't know all the facts. That will always be between Big Blue and duke. I agree with NASCARTerry also. Everyone will cry "Form a union" and they will not stick to it because most live check-to-check and can't afford it. I agree with you Eric. I think if people are bold enough to state their opinion, they should be bold enough to state their name. The poll only has 26 votes, but it will be interesting to see the final tally in a couple weeks.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #62 on: Oct 21, 2004, 04:27 »
They have jackets? I have to have one. Believe it or not, I have a Chem-Nuclear jacket, circa 1978 back when Chem-Nuclear staffed outages.

Offline darkmatter

• Heavy Metal Poster Child
  • Heavy User
  • you don't know the power of the dark side.
« Reply #63 on: Oct 21, 2004, 11:57 »
Should of had "other" to vote on the Poll. I'll do what I've always have-------whatever's nessasary to support my family.
There was (is ) a phrase the ex-navy nukes had about getting out as to what they would do to regain their self-respect. I've got no self-respect when it comes to supporting my loved ones.
"Never underestimate the power of a Dark Klown"

Darkmatters website is no more, nada, gonzo, 
http://darkmatter.nukeworker.net.istemp.com  this will get you there, but I can't update it anymore. Maybe nukeworker will host personal sites eventully

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
« Reply #64 on: Oct 22, 2004, 09:36 »
This is my first post, (EVER) so I am motivated to say something here! I am a recruiter and I AINT scared of Bartlett or anyone else! I am proud of my relationships with my DOE clients and I am not afraid of any company taking all of the business or taking my good candidates away. There are still good companies out there people and there are still good recruiters who will fight for you and get you the best rates. What really sucks for candidates is some of the companies (my clients) have taken away per diem, re-location packages and dont offer competitive rates. This is the company's fault not the recruiters or recruiting company's fault. I am looking for candidates by the way if anyone needs a job, e-mail me your resume. I am representing plenty of DOE companies..........so bring it on Bartlett! But just in case you guys are right, maybe I too should get on the band wagon. So  I say to Eric Bartlett, call me if you want an honest recruiter who works hard. E-mail me...............Maybe I will come work for your company..........

Plus Karma to you for calling it as it is regarding the clients taking away the packages - as far as a job goes send me a resume I'll forward it to the powers to be - we're always looking for good experienced people that will fight for the techs, work hard for the company, and satisfy our clients needs.

Eric
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #65 on: Oct 22, 2004, 10:22 »
Ok, I know you all have been waiting for my opinion on this (only kidding), but regardless of my tech experience (none), I have been exposed to this business since the mid 1970's. (Does this qualify me as an old timer?).

I have seen them come and seen them go (Companies and people), I remember when I.R.M. was top dog and you got per diem, a paid hotel room and a rental car, sometimes if the site coordinator was a nice guy, he'd even divide up the green stamps that the rental car company gave out.

I remember when companies would go into an area and barter for hotel rooms to keep the price down, now it takes numerous calls, scouting and prayer to find something that’s decent and affordable.

I've seen bonuses up the Yazoo, company parties, dinners and end of outage throw downs, and most of this is gone sad to say. Sometimes it’s not just the pay or per diem, it’s the public relations, the comradely, the sense that YOU matter, and are a part of the family or team . . . Part of the big picture.

I personally believe that this aspect of the business or of a company plays a vital role. Go out and visit the sites once in a while, buy dinner, a few rounds, throw a picnic, give out t-shirts, hats, etc, without having to sign a piece of paper, attend a meeting or whatever, to borrow a slogan “Just Do It”.

Any and all companies need to look at this side of the business again, whether it's the two big ones, one big one, or whether it’s the little guy breaking out of the gate. People matter, people make the business, let them know it once in a while, show them that they’re needed and you’d be surprised what you’ll get in return.

“The opinions expressed in my postings are mine and mine alone, and have no bearing on nor intended to reflect against anyone else either living or deceased.”
« Last Edit: Oct 23, 2004, 09:58 by Camella Black »

duke99301

« Reply #66 on: Oct 22, 2004, 01:02 »
Some of the best times I had was with Numanco (80and early 90s) crashing  some of power systems partys in Morris il.
Joe Worley once looked  around and made the comment there were more numaco techs at the party than Power systems,, he was joking about sending Sam Clark a bill for us being there. It was always fun to go to the OTB in Joilet and run to Joe there and all the other techs, thoses were the days you get on site they hand you a pen a hat and a CHECK .
they had some good partys with GTS as will in the old days. at the beaver trap.

Offline HenryBlack

• Moderate User
« Reply #67 on: Oct 22, 2004, 05:53 »
I agree with you Dave and as of this moment I am going to change my screen name to my real name. From now on hfb1957 will be Henry Black. thanks

mercaptan

« Reply #68 on: Oct 22, 2004, 09:01 »
Anybody know if this sale also affects the Sun Technical Services division of Numanco?  thanks.

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #69 on: Oct 22, 2004, 09:50 »
Yes it does.

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #70 on: Oct 23, 2004, 09:44 »
WOW, that's a bigger deal then I thought!

Eric, You will be Busy!

Reminds of that Steven King Movie, the landoliers, ( Sorry for the Spelling )!
« Last Edit: Oct 23, 2004, 09:44 by RAD-GHOST »

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #71 on: Oct 23, 2004, 10:11 »
I seen this happen three times yesterday, people using their real names on the web! 

Hank, obviously it a freedom of choice and I wouldn't even speculate about the members on this site, but it the other 1,000,000,000 computer users I'd be worried about!

To much information!  RG 

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #72 on: Oct 23, 2004, 06:04 »
Good work, Henry. There are still a few of us who can talk the talk and walk the walk. I knew there was a reason I liked you when I first met you. Keep it real up there during the winter this year.

Offline HenryBlack

• Moderate User
« Reply #73 on: Oct 23, 2004, 06:17 »
Thanks Dave, I hope you are doing good these days. I will be glad when the deal either goes through or falls through. Either way I don't think it will affect either  of us very much. GO BIG BLUE, even if they did take ourPD during the last holidays.lol Henry

Jr8black3

« Reply #74 on: Oct 23, 2004, 07:50 »
 rad, leave poor ole Eric alone,,, After all he is one of the few people that come here to explain himself and his company,,, thats called believing in what he believes in. You don't need to respect it, but don't be pissed when the disrespect gets put on your table,,or lack of..

LOL I know what your thinking, I'am kissing Erics ass.. NOT!!! I haven't worked for Barlett for 9 years....

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?