Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Talk about Bartlett honeypot

Author Topic: Talk about Bartlett  (Read 370048 times)

Offline RRhoads

• Heavy User
  • it was like like that when i got here!
Re: Bartlett
« Reply #525 on: Mar 07, 2007, 01:15 »
WOW....times are a changing...Bartlett now states.." We will train for testing prior to report date."??
Man i have only been off the road for a year but now they Train the DOE techs for the NUF???

IE here is the web site...make sure you can pass the exam before you get on site...something you should be able to look at while your driving down to Grand Gulf! ;D

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
« Reply #526 on: Mar 07, 2007, 02:09 »
...IE here is the web site...make sure you can pass the exam before you get on site...something you should be able to look at while your driving down to Grand Gulf! ;D

Actually we have a training class for these folk - I think your the only one we never offered the class to in the past... :)

The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #527 on: Mar 11, 2007, 04:57 »
Maybe Bartlett needs to get in tune with Atlantic and their offer letter.  Your not even an employee until you pass the training and security qualifications!

RG

illegalsmile

« Reply #528 on: Mar 12, 2007, 10:51 »
Bartlett doesnt give offer letters.
that's why i always record the confirmation all I make when i'm going to work for them (or anyone else that doesn't give an offer letter. I've never had a 'misunderstanding' when I got to a worksite for 'B' but i have with other companies and the recorded conversation helped straighten it out. In my home state it is legal to record any conversation you are engaged in.....I don't think it's that way everywhere.

RAD-GHOST

« Reply #529 on: Mar 13, 2007, 05:38 »
EB,

Scrap the offer letter!  I was simply being sarcastic!  Doing business like them may very well yield the results they are experiencing today.   

RG 

Offline Brett LaVigne

• Very Heavy User
  • This aggression will not stand, man.
« Reply #530 on: Mar 13, 2007, 07:48 »
EB,

Scrap the offer letter!  I was simply being sarcastic!  Doing business like them may very well yield the results they are experiencing today.   

RG 

Good point.  Seems like competing companies would want to model themselves after Bartlett.  Funny how many want to critisize the way they do business but you really can't be as successful as Bartlett is and own as much market share without doing most things right.  I like the idea that the company I mostly work for is a financially sound one with successful management.  Keeps me employed when I need to be and I don't ever worry about a Bartlett check bouncing.
I Heart Hippie Chicks!!!

alphadude

« Reply #531 on: Mar 13, 2007, 09:43 »
well a huge venture capital company backing you don't hurt either.

Offer letters are standard professional methods. It shows that the company has made a deal and what was agreed to and conditions of employment. As I said earlier, we remember what we think we heard when in reality it is totally different. GET AN OFFER LETTER and move to the next level of employment integrity- An offer letter ends all these petty misunderstandings and gives you and the employer a legal platform to stand on. Verbal agreements have no legal binding unless witnessed by an independent third party.(which is a reason NOT to give an offer letter) Why would anybody agree to a money and personal security situation that has the potential to send you to the poor house without a legal binding agreement?  Do you buy a car or a house without an agreement? By not asking for an offer letter or letter of agreement - you give the party a major dominate role over you from the start. You have no legal rights or ramifications and you fell for it.

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
« Reply #532 on: Mar 13, 2007, 07:33 »
Alphadude is right on.  A letter clears up any misunderstandings and whining.  Bartlett should say no Diem, no mileage if you fail your test. That will help Bartlett and I believe help any marginal tech.  The marginal tech will say man I got to study or I will be boned, no Diem, no mileage and maybe a minimum wage stipulation.  I know this would get my attention. I would study alot more.  Then only the very stupid and lazy will not meet requirements and Bartlett will have helped themselves and the tech too. A win win situation for most. The marginal tech may learn more to help themselves down the road and Bartlett.  Hopefully Bartlett will not have to deal with the failure person anymore until they studied up and got off their lazy stupid behind.

Melrose

« Reply #533 on: Mar 14, 2007, 07:35 »
If my memory serves me correctly, Bartlett does recite the riot act while confirming on the telephone.  "You will not become a paid employee of Bartlett Inc. until you successfully complete all training required by the customer" ie GET, NGET, Site Training, RWT, etc. 
In the old days some would show up with another site in mind to go to.....collect the travel, fail a test and head DFR to the next site.  He/she wouldn't pay back until they had to work for the company that they stiffed.  Even then it wouldn't be until some time down the road that payroll would catch up. 

just an extra 2 cents  :P

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #534 on: Mar 14, 2007, 04:18 »
The messages related to Tina's training experience was split off to it's own thread, and placed in the lessons learned area:

http://www.nukeworker.com/forum/index.php/topic,10427.html
« Last Edit: Mar 14, 2007, 05:22 by Marlin »

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #535 on: May 11, 2007, 01:51 »
If someone from Bartlett reads this, please pass it on.

Many thanks to the switchboard operator yesterday who handled my call for help. Although you were unable to find a person who could help me, your kindness and patience was a like a breath of fresh air and I really needed it.

For those of you who that aren't in the know... after spending a wonderful day in downtown Seneca shopping, I stopped by the grocery store to grab a few things and someone decided they needed my billfold worse than me and stole it. Like most women I carried the world in it, cash, credit cards, photos, reciepts, notes, you name it, lol.

With no money, no id and a growing sense of dread the only thing I could think of was Henry and thank goodness I remembered Bartletts phone number...

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
« Reply #536 on: May 11, 2007, 03:16 »
Sorry to hear about your plight Camella - the switchboard operator you refer to is actually one of our recruiters, Lisa.   I will pass on your thanks to her.   

Eric

The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Offline thenukeman

• Very Heavy User
  • Elements Rule Battle , Elementis Regamus Proleium
« Reply #537 on: May 14, 2007, 08:01 »
Almost 75 percent of the People say Bartlett is good or Average. I say thats a decent percent of the Nukeworkers that work or who have worked for them.  The people that I meet that really dog Bartlett are usually the whiners and losers who you can not please or have a unrealistic sense of entitlement such as someone failing tests, or who want a specific shift, time off, will not work with or for someone etc. if you eliminated these I guess the poll would be closer to 90 percent!!! LOL  :)

Offline Mike McFarlin

• Safety/Chemist/Health Physicist
  • Very Heavy User
  • Lead, follow, or get the hell out of the way!
« Reply #538 on: May 20, 2007, 06:44 »
Get rid of the whiners, and rent-a-tech life would be a LOT better and much more tolerable. And I bet, Bartlett would look a lot better in everyones' eye, cause they have to deal with them also. Just remember, ITS A JOB.
"Duty is the sublimest word in our language. Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more. You should never wish to do less." General Robert E. Lee, C.S.A.

LaFeet

« Reply #539 on: May 21, 2007, 12:53 »
 Ya cant do that Spanky,

Too many positions are filled by those people.  What woould the industry look like if all those people were booted from within?  You and I would HAVE to work year round..... eeeewwwwww

Chimera

« Reply #540 on: May 21, 2007, 02:25 »
For those of you who that aren't in the know... after spending a wonderful day in downtown Seneca shopping, I stopped by the grocery store to grab a few things and someone decided they needed my billfold worse than me and stole it. Like most women I carried the world in it, cash, credit cards, photos, reciepts, notes, you name it, lol.

With no money, no id and a growing sense of dread the only thing I could think of was Henry and thank goodness I remembered Bartletts phone number...

May I offer some advice (garnered from similar experiences of my own)?  I created a "back-up wallet" with a picture ID, some cash, and a second debit card from my home bank (with a different number) after having my wallet stolen.  With the advent of direct deposit, the only money I carry is the "left-overs" from my perdiem check after paying my outage rent.  I also created a separate account at a home bank that has branches most everywhere I go (US Bank, in this case) to use for cashing (and depositing) my perdiem check.  My real account, checks, credit cards, etc., do not leave a secure location when I'm working (hidden in the car, a safe at the motel, etc.).  I have had to use my back-up wallet on one occasion, but it has saved me the same grief you experienced - by that I mean no money, no ID, no credit cards, far from home and feeling totally helpless (can't even put gas in the car).  I realize how convenient it is to have everything in one place, i.e., your purse.  But it is also a dangerous practice when you are far from home.  This may seem like a lot of over-kill for what may be a once-in-a-lifetime event, but it will help keep your mind at ease while traveling and working and it pays for itself if you ever have to fall back on it - even only once.

janste

« Reply #541 on: May 31, 2007, 10:06 »
Am interested in the bartlett decon contract with exelon. Were told that after the outages at byron and quad in Illinois things would start happening with it. Anybody hearing anything?

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
« Reply #542 on: Jun 01, 2007, 10:08 »
Still wait'n on agreements to be ironed out...as soon as I have any new news I will post it, but as of yet there has been nothing new to report.

Eric

janste

« Reply #543 on: Aug 04, 2007, 10:34 »
    I've heard the Bartlett, Exelon decon contract has been shot down. Any truth to this or just a rumor? Anybody heard? Thanks!

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
« Reply #544 on: Aug 06, 2007, 10:20 »
    I've heard the Bartlett, Exelon decon contract has been shot down. Any truth to this or just a rumor? Anybody heard? Thanks!

I was just informed that the whole deal is now null & void - we, Bartlett, have decided not to continue to pursue the union agreements or the contract. 

Eric
« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2007, 04:01 by Eric_Bartlett »

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
Re: Talk about Bartlett
« Reply #545 on: Jul 01, 2008, 08:42 »
There are some rumors going around that Bartlett is up for 'sale'.... Eric, can you shed some light on this?  Anyone else with some info?

Offline Laundry Man

• Heavy User
« Reply #546 on: Jul 01, 2008, 09:38 »
Not rumors, Bartlett is for sale.
LM

Offline Rennhack

• Forum Administrator
« Reply #547 on: Jul 01, 2008, 10:22 »
Technically, they have been for sale since the investors bought them.
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2008, 03:15 by Rennhack »

Offline Dave Warren

• Radiological Engineer
  • Very Heavy User
  • Cubs vs. White Sox in the Series this year.
« Reply #548 on: Jul 01, 2008, 10:23 »
Technically, they have been for sale since the investory bought them.

What's the going price, Mike?
You and me, 50/50, Troja will answer phones for us and serve coffee.

Offline Camella Black

• Moderate User
« Reply #549 on: Jul 01, 2008, 10:38 »
Well I guess they are feeling the pinch just like we are. Look at the facts, if we are working only 6 weeks out of 6 months and each outage is 5, 10, 15 people short well that adds up.

I just wonder what it will mean to us. Some of us are survivors, we survived the downfall of companies like IRM, Numanco, PSESI, heck I don't even remember some of the companies by now but hopefully we'll survive this as well.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?