Help | Contact Us
NukeWorker.com
NukeWorker Menu Talk about Bartlett honeypot

Author Topic: Talk about Bartlett  (Read 368841 times)

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
Re: Talk about Bartlett
« Reply #675 on: Jun 03, 2009, 08:38 »
yinz no sum thing?  after reeding alla post hear, aye yam farely confident eye cood substitue enny companies name dat ever place hp tex inna power plant four bartlett 'n it wood all ring true.
quando omni flunkus moritati

dubble eye, dubble yew, dubble aye!

dew the best ya kin, wit watt ya have, ware yinze are!

Content1

« Reply #676 on: Jun 03, 2009, 11:14 »
First, give Bartlett a break.  If it were not for them, most of us could not find a Job.  Yea, Bartlett! 

Yea, Eric, the Obi Wan Kenobi of Bartlett.

"The jobs were startled easily, like in the Spring, but they will be back this Fall in greater numbers"

Don't be so hard on fellow techs.   We are an aging workforce who are what we got until the next generation gets off the video games and takes over.   

I would trust age and treachery over youth and inexperience anytime.

Offline mohavejoe

• Very Lite User
  • Tell Recruiters to use NukeWorker.com
« Reply #677 on: Jun 04, 2009, 08:43 »
First, give Bartlett a break.  If it were not for them, most of us could not find a Job.  Yea, Bartlett! 

Yea, Eric, the Obi Wan Kenobi of Bartlett.

"The jobs were startled easily, like in the Spring, but they will be back this Fall in greater numbers"

Don't be so hard on fellow techs.   We are an aging workforce who are what we got until the next generation gets off the video games and takes over.   

I would trust age and treachery over youth and inexperience anytime.

First, I love Bartlett!

I would not work for any other company...
Second, You sound like you are one of the one's people have been talking about.
you think just because you are getting old it gives you a reason to be a slug!
I work with a lot of old people who still carry their own weight. They relieve on time they do their fair share of work and do not whine about it.
Just because you been around for a long time do not mean anybody owes you a job. I do not have a problem with you guys getting work with the rest of us hard working tech's somebody has to do control points but do not think you should get your pick of plants and stay until the end of the outage. you should be last in and first out. Thats what bartlett should do with you guys.

So be happy that you still get jobs. Stop the whining about how wrong bartlett is doing you.

GO BARTLETT.

Offline HydroDave63

• Retired
« Reply #678 on: Jun 04, 2009, 11:15 »
you should be last in and first out. Thats what bartlett should do with you guys.

So be happy that you still get jobs. Stop the whining about how wrong bartlett is doing you.

you might be surprised at who reads these, and may not want YOU as the corporate spokesmodel  :P

Offline mohavejoe

• Very Lite User
« Reply #679 on: Jun 04, 2009, 11:31 »
you might be surprised at who reads these, and may not want YOU as the corporate spokesmodel  :P

Dave,

What part of my post ever seem like I was speaking for bartlett? Maybe you should put down your donuts and get back to work.Im sure you are not getting paid to surf the web at work. :D and thanks for the - karma :-*

Offline curtis

• Industrial Hygienist/Sr. H.P.
  • Light User
« Reply #680 on: Jun 04, 2009, 01:31 »
First, I love Bartlett!

You sound like you are one of the one's people have been talking about.
you think just because you are getting old it gives you a reason to be a slug!

I do not have a problem with you guys getting work with the rest of us hard working tech's somebody has to do control points but do not think you should get your pick of plants and stay until the end of the outage.

I usually do not jump into these since I have not worked for Bartlett since '86 but, Do you even know Content1? If not where do you get off accusing him of being a slug? Just because some of us have been around the block and gained more than a few grey hairs in the process does not constitue being a slug.
Second, most of the time I hear someone speak of "us hard working tech's" usually means they are trying to inflate thier own ego or try to get everyone else to see how good they are. The ones that are usually the hard working tech's do not need to say they are, it is noticed by others.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog, if you cant eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away.

Content1

« Reply #681 on: Jun 04, 2009, 03:46 »
Very true, he likes to argumentum ad hominem someone if you defend Techs.  I never said a tech gets a free ride, only that most all are good hard working people.  One who lashes out and does not even know to whom he/she is speaking is the true slug here. 

Offline Nuclear NASCAR

• Electrician
  • Forum Administrator
  • Everyone needs a Harley. Mine's furry with 4 legs.
« Reply #682 on: Jun 04, 2009, 07:34 »
Lets "Talk about Bartlett"...

That sounds like a great idea Mike!  8)
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."

-Bertrand Russell

justatech

« Reply #683 on: Jun 05, 2009, 06:25 »
The ones that are usually the hard working tech's do not need to say they are, it is noticed by others.

and there it is.........................

« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2009, 06:26 by justatech »

jasper

« Reply #684 on: Jul 28, 2009, 02:12 »
Eric.

Does your company have any entry level jobs left or do you expect to be getting anymore , anytime soon ?
Have a great day everyone  :)

Thank you,
Jas

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
  • I was liberal as a youth then I had to pay taxes..
« Reply #685 on: Jul 28, 2009, 04:16 »
Eric.

Does your company have any entry level jobs left or do you expect to be getting anymore , anytime soon ?
Have a great day everyone  :)

Thank you,
Jas

I believe that we have some Firewatch slots at Calhoun, possibly some utility worker or laborer slots at Mcguire, Oconee and Catawba, also i think we just had a handful more Decon Helper slots open at Palo.  Other than that I think everything else either is staffed or fell thru as far as entry level slots go.  Best bet is to contact Joey or Kelli regarding McGuiire, Oconee, Catawba and Calhoun.  Contact Tricia or Mike for Palo. 

Eric
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Offline St Raphael

• Moderate User
  • I love NukeWorker.com!
« Reply #686 on: Jul 29, 2009, 01:29 »
Does your company hire Registered Nurses for outages?
"Plenty of people miss their share of happiness, Not because they never found it, But because they didn't stop to enjoy it."  -- William Faulkner (1897-1962)

Offline xobxdoc

• Moderate User
« Reply #687 on: Jul 29, 2009, 08:16 »
HPTS brought in a proctologist for the 88 outage at Beaver Valley. At least he said he was a proctologist. We were all scratching our heads over that one. I'm thinking that was just a nice welcome from the hose techs to the contractors. :o
Some plants will bring in medical personnel when there is some major work going on where a lot of contractors are onsite. Calvert used some EMT's during the SGR
« Last Edit: Jul 29, 2009, 08:28 by xobxdoc »

Offline RDTroja

• Site Heretic
  • Gold Member
  • I knew I got into IT for a reason!
« Reply #688 on: Jul 29, 2009, 10:13 »
HPTS brought in a proctologist for the 88 outage at Beaver Valley. At least he said he was a proctologist. We were all scratching our heads over that one. I'm thinking that was just a nice welcome from the hose techs to the contractors. :o
Some plants will bring in medical personnel when there is some major work going on where a lot of contractors are onsite. Calvert used some EMT's during the SGR

Excellent typo.
"I won't eat anything that has intelligent life, but I'd gladly eat a network executive or a politician."

-Marty Feldman

"Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to understand that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
                                  -Ronald Reagan

I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: 'O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.' And God granted it.

- Voltaire

stownsend

« Reply #689 on: Jul 29, 2009, 10:52 »
HPTS brought in a proctologist for the 88 outage at Beaver Valley. At least he said he was a proctologist.
He was really close to to becoming a gynecologist but Marty was the only person I knew that saw him professionally.

Offline iiiisx349

• Moderate User
  • i love fishing
« Reply #690 on: Jul 29, 2009, 11:11 »
i loved working for bartlett! 8)

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
« Reply #691 on: Jul 29, 2009, 12:19 »
Does your company hire Registered Nurses for outages?

Nope - back in the early 90's we had paramedics and emt's at plant Vogtle, maybe a medical professional or 2 out at Sandia (they would have rolled over to us from the previous vendor) - nothing other than that.

Eric
The opinions & views expressed by me are mine and mine alone and may not reflect those of the company.

Offline Lorrie Henson

• Heavy User
  • Stop Talking, Just Do It!!!
« Reply #692 on: Jul 29, 2009, 01:59 »
Eric, what are the chances of long term positions for Jr HPs or procedure writers?

Thanks for answering everyone's questions in here!!  K to ya!

Offline Eric_Bartlett

• Heavy User
« Reply #693 on: Jul 29, 2009, 03:40 »
Eric, what are the chances of long term positions for Jr HPs or procedure writers?

Thanks for answering everyone's questions in here!!  K to ya!

we've had a few Jr RCT's taken at INL, none at Hanford or SRS yet - I think its only a matter of time but then again thats just my thoughts and as most know what I think and what actually happens is normally 2 differant things - The way I look at it is the DOE was given a gazillion dollars to "create" new jobs - asking for nothing but Sr RCT's does not create new jobs it just moves the existing work force around.  Asking for Jr RCT's especially if they are brandy spank'n new out of the colleges or the various programs out there is creating new jobs and bringing people into the industry that weren't in it prior or at least in an RP capacity.  As far as procedure writing goes, we have had a plethora of requests for the "Prof" types such as engineering, qa, Health Physicists, etc... nothing yet for procedure writers - if any thing breaks on that end I will let you know.

Y'all take it slow and enjoy the rest of the summer,

Eric

Offline deicide666

• Light User
  • whats grosser than gross?
Re: Rent-a-tech company improvements?
« Reply #694 on: Oct 25, 2009, 07:46 »
If you notice the sites with B running everything from H.P. to lawn mowing have low rates. The sites that just bring B in for just outages with H.P. and decon have the higher rates. Is this due to non billable employees???
death to all who apose us!!!!

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #695 on: Oct 28, 2009, 09:24 »
eye herd a rumor dat bartlett has 200 permanent hp tech employees.  tru or faulse?

seahawk

« Reply #696 on: Oct 29, 2009, 12:36 »
Bartlett? bartlett who,..

johnnyreb

« Reply #697 on: Oct 29, 2009, 03:12 »
  LOWEST COMPENSATION IN THE INDUSTRY

Chimera

« Reply #698 on: Oct 29, 2009, 03:35 »
  LOWEST COMPENSATION IN THE INDUSTRY

Don't work for them.  Then you won't have anything to whine about. 

Speaking only for myself, I don't choose my jobs based on who has them but, rather, on where they are, which ones they are, and whatever experiences I' may have had there in the past.  If it happens to be Bartlett, and the wages are acceptable, then that's where I go.  But I don't whine about it afterwards since that only reflects on me and whatever poor choices I may have made.  Admittedly, I have discovered that more slightly smaller paychecks results in a larger bank account than a few large paychecks.  That's part of what goes into deciding if the pay scale at a given job is worth accepting.

Offline SloGlo

• meter reader
  • Very Heavy User
  • trust me, i'm an hp
« Reply #699 on: Oct 29, 2009, 10:12 »
butt dew day have 200 permanent hp tech employees?  knot talking long term assignment.  eye mean permanent employees.

NukeWorker ™ is a registered trademark of NukeWorker.com ™, LLC © 1996-2024 All rights reserved.
All material on this Web Site, including text, photographs, graphics, code and/or software, are protected by international copyright/trademark laws and treaties. Unauthorized use is not permitted. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute, in any manner, the material on this web site or any portion of it. Doing so will result in severe civil and criminal penalties, and will be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible under the law.
Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Code of Conduct | Spam Policy | Advertising Info | Contact Us | Forum Rules | Password Problem?